Royal Wedding Ale - Hook Norton Brewery Co. Ltd.

Royal Wedding AleRoyal Wedding Ale

Beer added by: Bitterbill on 06-21-2011

to view more.
Ratings: 1 | Reviews: 1
4.25/5  rDev n/a

No pop when I removed the cap, it pours a cloudy colour of rust with close to an inch of foam and does surprisingly well with..some lacing.

Caramel malt, Port, some toffee notes in the smell. Very malt forward as I would have guessed. Very much to my liking.

Here goes the litmus test..the taste.

Caramel malt sweetness, like in your fav caramel candy bars, is IT. Slight, for as old as it is, oxidation. A nice flavour of toffee coming through after a few sparce sips. A light hint of Port but really not that much. No bitterness and none needed. Delicious in that it is so? vibrant, 30 years after the bottling. A grand 274ml bottle indeed, and I'm shocked at how stubborn the little bit of foam sticks around. Despite it being a very cloudy brew, there's no sediment/sludge that I can see and despite the lack of any real carbonation, other than the obvious foam that's stumping me, the mouth feel is quite nice, thank you very much.

Hook Norton, you have a fine history of brewing well made beers; my checking on one of your earlier efforts leaves me even more in awe. I'm pleased as punch.

to view more.
Royal Wedding Ale from Hook Norton Brewery Co. Ltd.
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.