Blue Moon Harvest Moon Pumpkin Ale - Coors Brewing Company

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Pumpkin Ale |  5.70% ABV

Availability: Fall

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 10-22-1998)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Blue Moon Harvest Moon Pumpkin Ale Alström Bros

1.02/5  rDev -67.1%

Best by 27FEB12

A: brownish with no head formation and excellent clarity. Spackled surface bubbles with no lace.
S: Cardboard. Thats it. I am really getting nothing else here.
T: Wow, first drain pour in quite some time. Really awful. Tastes like plastic and cardboard. Fetid.
M: thin with hi carbonation.
O: This beer is horrid, I would recommend this to not one person. Not even my worst enemy.

1.05/5  rDev -66.1%

I found this to be an exceptionally bad beer. I had a twelve pack with co-workers and no one finished a bottle. It's now July and still have some in the fridge because we can't give it away. Also note that Michelobe Ultra was an option often chosen over this. It tastes like the great-pumpkin took a crap in glass of miller-light.

1.24/5  rDev -60%

1.27/5  rDev -59%

Appearance - A watery pumpkin orange color. A bit of sunrise amber that is transparent.

Smell - Not much going on here. A bit of vine and faint, light pumpkin spice. Not so impressive.

Taste - Terribly awful. Painfully plain. A light, carbonated and fizzy vine-like taste.

Mouthfeel and Drinkability - Light-bodied and plain. I don't get much pumpkin taste in this at all. A boring mess from Coors. This pretty much just tastes like Coors Light with a bit of vegetable and vine. Nothing special.

1.27/5  rDev -59%

Maybe it's just me, but I want my beer to taste like... beer. I don't know what the hell this shit was, but it wasn't beer. I got a six pack of it because I had never tried it and I figured a Coors product could only be so bad right? Wrong. It took me and my roommate the better half of a month to kill just four of them. Put the fifth in my collection and gave the last one away to a stripper, who drank about a sip threw it away. If you really, really like pumpkin give it a try, otherwise stick with a real beer.

Blue Moon Harvest Moon Pumpkin Ale from Coors Brewing Company