Coors Light Summer Brew - Coors Brewing Company

Beer added by: Lemke10 on 04-17-2014

to view more.
Ratings: 257 | Reviews: 47
Reviews by LXIXME:

Rating this for what it is. I am somewhat of a beer snob but on a hot summer day, this is a great beer to drink

1.35/5  rDev -44.4%

grosss just plain um gross

Coors Light Summer Brew by Coors Brewing Company. This brew pours out a light golden color with a small white head. It looks like beer, what more can i say? The smell is like Sunny D or orange juice. Nothing bad about the smell but it is different from most brews on the market. The taste is smooth like Coors light, but with a citrus kick. To be honest with you this brew has more flavor than Coors light . The mouth feel is nice. I would take this over Coors Light any day of the week. I think what I like about this brew is it different but it not too over powering but not under powering. There is one downfall to this brew and that is it is only a 10oz Can. Coors Light Summer Brew has an ABV 3.9. Overall I'm giving this brew a 3 out of 5
JUST SAY NATURAL.

I really like a Radler so when I bought this I had a bit of excitement but when I poured it I knew this was gonna go bad. It pours the lightest yellow with no head but tons of carbonation. The nose is a bit mysterious with an artificial lemony presence and a metallic tone. The taste and feel are a bit absent, yes absent. There is almost no taste and it's a lot like water but it finishes with an artificial saccharine taste. It's not good and went to the drain.

1.5/5  rDev -38.3%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

tastes like super thin orange juice

3.01/5  rDev +23.9%

Poured from a 10 oz. can. Has a very pale, just a bit darker then water color with a 1/2 inch head. Smell is strong of lemons and oranges. Taste is of lemons and oranges, mild, a touch of tartness, something that would be refreshing on a hot day. Feels light in the mouth and overall, not exactly a flavorful beer, but not terrible either.

3.57/5  rDev +46.9%
look: 2 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.75

Good Beer for Non-Beer Drinkers

I'm admittedly more of a spirit/liquor person. Like most of those people, I am not a big "hops person", and with a few notable exceptions (Guiness) I tend to stay in the Pale Ale Safety Zone. If you are one of those folks who likes to mix liquor and soda, or if you are the type of person who normally doesn't drink beer because of heavy hop, barley or wheat flavors, this is a good beer for you to try.

First off, it's in a can, so that is a minus for me. Also, it's in a TINY can (10 oz). I felt like Andre the Giant holding that thing. Hover, once I opened the can, I think I understand what they are going for. It smelled like a Sprite or 7-Up, and the soda can then made sense.

Like most "wuss beers" that I enjoy, the color isn't that appealing, being mostly clear with a pale yellow tint, and there is no head to speak of. Maybe another reason for the can, so you can't see it...

However, I personally really enjoyed the taste. It is VERY light and inoffensive, with no strong flavors of....well, anything...which I actually enjoy. I don't like having a strong aftertaste or getting slapped with a bitter or hoppy taste, and when drinking a beer with dinner, I don't like it to overpower my food. I do wish that it felt a little thicker in the mouth, since it felt like you were drinking a slightly carbonated water.

I could easily see how many beer enthusiasts would detest this beer as it doesn't capture a lot of the traditional "good beer" qualities of color, body and hops. However, if you are someone who goes purely on taste and likes a citrus soda, you would probably like this.

3.26/5  rDev +34.2%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

Coors Light Summer Brew has a very thick, white head, a clear, bubbly straw appearance, and little-to-no lacing left on the glass. The aroma is of citrus juice and a little pepper. Taste is of citrus fruit, sugar, grain, and water. Mouthfeel is light and watery, and Coors Light Summer Brew finishes crisp and refreshing. Overall, they did a good job with this one.

RJT

2.35/5  rDev -3.3%

Not doing anything special for this one, drinking it right out of the (odd 10 oz) can as I imagine they intend. Can smell citrus, lemon lime orange, not a whole lot beyond that. Taste is similar, like someone poured a little Coors Light (very little, almost non existent) in a pitcher with watered down frozen orange lemon-lime-aid. Pretty fizzy which is to be expected.

Overall, this one is just goofy to me. At a little under 4% I don't know why they needed to put it in a 10 oz can. It drinks like a lightly boozed up off brand soda. That being said, it's not offensive in any way and I could see it serving a purpose on a hot day. Probably works well in a cooler at the beech for people who don't like beer, because it really is nothing like beer.

2.51/5  rDev +3.3%
look: 2.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.25

Somewhat expensive: paid $9.59 for a 12-pack (Southern NJ) but these are only 10-ounce cans (?). That equates to a $5.75 traditional 6-pack.

To me this tasted exactly like the retired Anheuser-Busch offering, Tequiza. And like the Tequiza, I find this new Coors offering is ok for about 2 beers. After that, drinking it becomes a chore. If I'm craving a lime beer, the manual method tastes much better.

Summer Brew isn't worth the extra cost to me. There are many, many choices at that $5.75 price point that are a lot more desirable. Since taste and price are my driving factors, I rate it a 2.25 overall. That said, I'm not gonna turn one down if it's offered to me and being able to hold the mini-can and pretend I have a giant hand is a bonus.

3.12/5  rDev +28.4%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

10 oz can pours a crystal clear gold color - a shade darker than Coors Light. Fizzy white head that fades about the same as a 7-Up. No lacing.

Nose is heavy on sweet citrus syrup, quite artificial smelling. Not much else, and certainly not appealing.

Taste reminds me very much of a Zima. I think this is more un-beer like than Bud Light Lime, and sweeter too. More of a spritzy mouthfeel and the malt is incredibly light. I cant say this is too bad to drink though...it has a nice refreshing finish and comes off clean. Cant say I'll buy it, but if offered I wont turn it down on a hot, thirsty afternoon.

Sierra Mist with a hint of alcohol. Nothing special. Went down easy while watching the Spurs win title #5. Absolutely poundable. The BMC brews get a lot of flack an most of it is deserved, but this was a nice changed up to the bigger beers I have been drinking. Quite similar to Porch Rocker by Sam Adams which I also enjoyed, but went down much easier as the body is incredibly light and carbonated. Great beer for the scorching hit days we have in Texas.

2.36/5  rDev -2.9%

Very pale yellow colored beer with a momentary massive white colored head.

Smells strongly of lemon. Little bit of malt but it is mostly lemon.

Starts out dry and a little tart with a strong lemon taste. The after taste is cooked grain. This tastes like a unsweetened shandy.

Mouthfeel is club soda.

Overall this is a Coors Light Shandy, and that sums it up exactly.

2.55/5  rDev +4.9%

Saw this thinking a brew for hot weather. Let's give it a whirl. Popping the top I get an orange drink smell and that's it. Pours to a bright yellow with a wispy head that is soon gone. On the palate tastes like orange drink, with beer. This is what it is what it is, so I am rating it for that. Not your sessioner but a great hot weather brew. This brew is 2/3 of the way to refajo, just needs a shot of aguardiente. Cola y Pola tadaaa!

3.08/5  rDev +26.7%

Walked into the distributor thinking I was gonna get myself a nice 6 Pack when this caught my eye. Even though it's still 50 Degrees out, I figured I'd give Coors' new summer beer a shot.

Look: Looks exactly like Coors Light. Poured a bit more aggressively than I would normally with a regular Coors light which has foam for days. Not sure why I did, I guess I wasn't thinking. Whatever. Decent foam at best but its no indicator of how tasty it is anyways.

Smell: Smells like Orange Hi-C to be honest.

Taste: Before you even have a chance to taste the beer, the tip of your tongue is assaulted with the semi-abrasive feel of carbonation. This progresses to your entire tongue. At this point it feels just like a regular Coors light. Crisp, light and refreshing with little taste. Perhaps a hint of orange. Upon swallowing, the citrus taste kicks in full force. It kind of tastes like someone poured some blue moon in my beer. The aftertaste is lingering carbonation and... There's that Orange Hi-C again.. Overall, nothing offensive or overpowering. Not too sweet either, which means I can drink a lot of these.

Notes: Actually... Forget what the beer snobs say, its not bad! I could definitely see myself drinking this at a BBQ, in the pool or on a hot summer day. Buying this, you need to expect something on par with Coors Light and it definitely delivers. Cold, crisp, refreshing and enjoyable. Being a poor college student, this might actually replace Shock Top Lemon Shandy as my go-to summer pounder if the price point stays where it is.

This is a solid effort for a light, summer thirst quencher! I prefer it over the Bud and Miller lime versions. Has more of a citrus than beer flavor.
Not so sure about the 3.9% either. It does seem higher. As someone else has posted, you can't beat the Walmart price right now. Just paid $3.70 with crv for 12 pack. Yep, no mistake either. Try it, you'll like it.

2.24/5  rDev -7.8%
look: 2 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

Poured from a 10oz can into a pint glass.

A: The beer is a light very pale straw yellow color, with a thin white head that fades almost instantly and leaves no lace on the glass.

S: The aroma contains orange & lemon, very light malts and no hops.

T: The taste starts out with sweet citrus flavors of orange & lemon. Then some very mild adjunct and malt breadiness comes in. There’s no hops presence at all and not much balance. The after-taste is slightly sweet.

M: A little crisp and a little smooth, very light body, medium carbonation, finish is slightly sticky.

O: The citrus fruit makes it a little flavorful, goes down very easily and not filling since there’s not much to the beer at all, very mild kick, not the best representation of style, I can see where this beer might be refreshing and poundable in the right situation, but overall it’s not very good.

It was refreshing. If you're looking for beer, this isn't the thing to get but a refreshing grapefruit citrus beverage for summer, this is well done. I found it better than some of others that cost more. I would get it again in addition to some microbrews.

3.32/5  rDev +36.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

I'm going to make this review short and sweet because there is really no point into getting into the specifics. Like most macros it's more gimmicks then substance. That being said the beer is actually pretty good for what it is. Very sessionable and could absolutely be a cooler filler and the beach or a bbq. Comparable to a Shofferhopher grapefruit. Doesn't hurt to try and much better then the other fruit beer mix, overly sugared Shandy out there.

2.5/5  rDev +2.9%

The CANQuest ™ CANtinues to prove its/my mettle by CANsuming every CANned beer that comes along, including this one!

From the CAN: “Limited Edition”; “Refreshing Blend of Coors Light & Natural Citrus Flavors”; “Citrus Radler Lager with Natural Citrus Flavors [plus a rebus of a pint of beer + the side view of a sliced-open grapefruit]”.

The Crack! proved that even the Big Boys are beginning to fill their CANs to the brim! It is simply good business practice because a) it makes the customer feel like they got a little more bang for their back and b) it cuts down on head space and possible oxygenation at the time that the lid is seamed on. It was a tiny 10-oz. CAN, so an inverted Glug was easy to pull off. It created the briefest finger of fizzy, bone-white head that I have experienced in a while before totally dissipating. I could still see the odd CO2 bubble, so it was not flat, but it looked like a glass of white wine! Color was a pale Whitish-Yellow (SRM = 1) and again I CANsidered what it means when a beer is lighter in color coming in than it is going out. Nose was like a blend of orange, lemon and grapefruit flavors. Froot Loops! Or that cleaner that used orange citric acid as a base! Not unpleasant, but sort of oddball. Mouthfeel was medium. The taste was very much like Froot Loops with a CANdy-like fruitiness along with a cereal maltiness. Finish was semi-dry and entirely refreshing. I liked it much more than Sixpoint’s RAD, and on a hot, Summer’s day, I could easily drink a whole buncha these.

2.74/5  rDev +12.8%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 2.5

Poured from a ten ounce can into a Bitburger pils glass. Served at what I presume to be the intended temperature, which is 37 degrees F.

Beer pours a pale yellow. Plenty of white foam springs up and makes a two finger head that disappears in under two minutes. Nothing left on the surface at all after five minutes save for a mirco-crown of white bubbles. Plenty of active carbonation.

Aroma is all sweet orange. No other aroma detected regardless of how hard I tried to pick one out. Seems more artificial than natural - remember those little bottles of fruit flavored syrup water we used to drink as kids? Like that.

Flavor is citric at the beginning for a fleeting moment, then segues into a corn and orange boxing match before a lightly bitter finish proves that, when fruit and corn fight, your mouth loses. Lingering aftertaste is more cardboard than grain or hops.

Mouthfeel is thin and crisp with no alcohol character.

A coworker thought it would be funny to give me a can of this since I'm a well-known beer snob at work. The joke really was on me, apparently. If this is a radler (as the can claims), I want nothing else to do with this style.

4.5/5  rDev +85.2%

I love Coors Light Summer Brew. I think they should keep it around. I'm not a beer expert, but I've decided to try new beers and this one is perfect for me. I would like to see more female opinions on this one. It's refreshing and I'm stocking up. Cheers!

3.5/5  rDev +44%

For what it is, I enjoy it. A nice shandy/radler for a hot afternoon.

3.47/5  rDev +42.8%
look: 3 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

As a regular Coors and Coors Light drinker when I saw the commercials for this I was very excited to try it.

Went ahead and bout a 12 pack because even if I was not crazy about it, I would still finish them off or share them.

Was very disappointed in the 10oz can. I usually do not get to crazy about the beer gimmick stuff but this is a pure gimmick to try and set this beer apart, and make money. If someone likes it they essentially will buy twice as much to get the same amount of beer they usually buy....I digress

Immediately upon cracking this beer I can smell the orange citrus. The initial taste is a lot of carbonation, and regular coors light but then bam the orange flavor hits you. It is actually quite good! It is not on the level of say Lienenkugel Summer Shandy as far as taste but it is a solid effort by Coors.

This beer is what it is trying to be a refreshing summer beer to drink on a hot day and have a bunch of them. Its a tailgater, BBQ, beach beer and it is very successful at its mission. I am sure I will be drinking this again, but please bottles and bigger cans!

3.39/5  rDev +39.5%
look: 2.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

Pleasantly surprised by this guy, given I loathe Coors Light and find it probably the worst American Adjunct Lager on the market today. The taste shows no presence of that disgusting bitterness and pungent-qualities that Coors Light possesses and manages to create the taste of a smooth lager with a strong but manageable citrus flavor. It's extremely light at 3.9% and would serve great on a warm day alongside a barbeque and additional shandies from Leinenkugel or Bud Light, respectively. Not a bad drink, especially when my hatred for the official beer of the NFL is considered.

to view more.