Blue Moon Belgian White - Coors Brewing Company

Beer added by: kbub6f on 08-15-2001

to view more.
Ratings: 6,069 | Reviews: 1,623
2.96/5  rDev -12.9%

Blue Moon is a decent beer. Very citrusy and has a pretty smooth finish. At 5.4% ABV you can get a pretty decent buzz on. However, this is not a craft beer and I am upset that they try to market it as such. It's made by Coors, so don't be fooled people.

2.39/5  rDev -29.7%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

Poured from a 12oz. bottle.

A: Pours a hazy light gold with a thin white head which dissipates quickly with little lacing.

S: Orange peel, citrus, biscuit, and a slight herbal spiciness.

T: Orange, citrus, apple, coriander, and cracker.

M: Very light bodied, moderate carbonation, very easy drinking.

O: Drinkable. That's about it.

4.47/5  rDev +31.5%

맛도 좋고 질리지도 않음.
오렌지향이 강하다.
가끔 비릿함.
a b c d e f

4.48/5  rDev +31.8%

Once upon a time I was convinced that I hate beer. Surely this sentiment originates from high school, when I snuck downstairs to search the parents' liquor cabinet; or I stole a Hoegaarden from the most recent barbecue. I hated every single "adult" drink I tried, and when I turned 21, I assumed my tastes had not changed. And beer, I thought, is the worst of them all---the nastiest, the throat-closingest, the gut-wringingest. At least I can choke the rum down.

Then I actually TRIED some, five years later. Thinking I was a real tough lot at first, I went for some of the hardest stuff the liquor store had in stock: a douplebock, and an imperial red. The red was okay, but I had to chug the bock, convincing myself the buzz at least might be worth it. In short, my first LEGAL experience with beer was not a pleasant one.

It's one week later. I'm browsing for a bottle of whiskey, or perhaps brandy. ("I'll try everything once," I adventurously promised myself.) I see a six-pack of Blue Moon on one of the shelves. Images inundate my head; namely of a certain Mexican restaurant chain, which I believed at the time to be related to the beer. This, I assured myself, would be the last one I tried; if I hate it, then I suppose I'm just not a beer guy. But lo and behold...

Imagine if someone kidnapped oranges and wheat off the street, locked them up in his basement, and forced them to have sex at gunpoint for his own sick amusement. The resulting rape-spawn was named Blue Moon. The color: orange. The smell: wheat. The taste: wheat and orange. The first time I tried it the initial taste seemed to be like an ordinary, nasty, bitter beer. (Of course I've tasted much bitterer by now, and thoroughly enjoyed it.) But then the aftertaste kicks in; the bready, yeasty, biscuity aftertaste. Lord of lords. This, right here, is the beer that convinced me I like beer.

"Do you still love me, baby?" she coos nervously into my ear, worried that her Coors upbringing is seeping its way into my heart; that I think she's some kind of cheap whore because of her past, and I'll abandon her like every other guy. Yet every time I give the same reply.

3.16/5  rDev -7.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3.25

Sessionable inoffensive beer to enjoy when mostly macro is all that is available. Ok for the style. Served with an orange wedge and can't say that was unwelcome.

3.57/5  rDev +5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.5

Appearance - cloudy a bit darker than white. Aroma- some banana, some other vague fruit. Taste - Also non specific fruits , a pleasantly sweet finish. Mouthfeel is good. There are better witbiers for no more $, but this is a not unpleasant choice.

2.61/5  rDev -23.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

Pours a hazy yellow, straw color with a finger of head. Sad looking lacing betrays large bubble structure, which brings down the 4 I was going to give the look. Smell is sharp citrus, orange and a little lemony. Not much else comes through. I really don't like the smell. Much better than the smell. Starts off with the sharp citrus but lends itself to a nice grainy tone. Both flavors fade together. Not very complex, but not bad. Feels chewier than expected, a little too sticky for the style, maybe. Pretty much an OK beer. I'd rather drink a straight Budweiser, though, I think.

blue moon belgian white is not cool.

3.25/5  rDev -4.4%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Can drink one or two of these on draft with fresh orange slice.

4.35/5  rDev +27.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Good..best with fresh orange

3.78/5  rDev +11.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

I used to drink this back in the 90's, so I tried it again the other day? Pretty good, smooth and refreshing summer beer.

4.8/5  rDev +41.2%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 5

One of my favorites. Good by itself. Good with dinner. Easy to drink and light. I like it better draft than out of the bottle.

4.01/5  rDev +17.9%

Entirely drinkable, and I normally don't like fruit-flavoured beers. Great "gateway beer" for lager drinkers!

Smooth and only slightly fruity. Wish it wasn't so clearly marketed towards women, but so it goes.

4.33/5  rDev +27.4%

Good beer, love the taste

1.59/5  rDev -53.2%
look: 2.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

I do not understand the mass appeal of this beer. I would rather drink a Budweiser.

Look: Golden Haze.
Smell: Grainy, Earthy.
Taste: More like an orange peel on intake, nice orange taste as aftertaste.
Feel: A little gritty but not bad.
Overall: I rated this a 3 across the board. Nothing I hate, nothing I love. Aftertaste is a little better than the taste while it's in your mouth. I tasted orange when drinking, but didn't smell citrus that much in the smell???

3.33/5  rDev -2.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

There are a lot of better witbiers out there. That being said you do a lot worse taste wise than blue moon. Good choice when the beer selection is very limited.

3.18/5  rDev -6.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3.25

Tried and true. A lot of these reviews are far too negative or positive. It's a good tasting beer that is light and easy to drink. Nothing more, nothing less.

4.24/5  rDev +24.7%

This is my go to domestic, bothers me that it's not considered as such in most bars. Good flavor, little after taste. Have to understand that it's a sour beer. Don't let the snobs talk you out of trying it.

2.87/5  rDev -15.6%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Brownish straw in color. The flavor profile is surprisingly decent. Still, not something I'd recommend.

2.45/5  rDev -27.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.5

Collage girl beer if there is nothing else around this will get u drunk

2.45/5  rDev -27.9%

flatly, i didn't like it.

far too bland, no character, too fizzy

has a nice hazy appearance

I used to like this but maybe my tastes got a bit more sophisticated...I found it undrinkable now...

3.92/5  rDev +15.3%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 3.75

Great whitbier, very smooth, not too much citrus. Don't care if it's not craft--it's smooth and, hey, it's alright.

4.97/5  rDev +46.2%

Look: Very Orange-y color
Smell: orange
Taste: orange, deliciously crisp citrus flavors, light
Aftertaste: orange stays with you for a bit
Overall: I absolutely love this beer, no matter what season it just reminds me of late summer/early fall. absolutely my favorite- tastes better from the tap

to view more.