Blue Moon Belgian White - Coors Brewing Company

Beer added by: kbub6f on 08-15-2001

to view more.
Ratings: 6,059 | Reviews: 1,619
3.16/5  rDev -7.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3.25

Sessionable inoffensive beer to enjoy when mostly macro is all that is available. Ok for the style. Served with an orange wedge and can't say that was unwelcome.

3.57/5  rDev +5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.5

Appearance - cloudy a bit darker than white. Aroma- some banana, some other vague fruit. Taste - Also non specific fruits , a pleasantly sweet finish. Mouthfeel is good. There are better witbiers for no more $, but this is a not unpleasant choice.

2.61/5  rDev -23.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

Pours a hazy yellow, straw color with a finger of head. Sad looking lacing betrays large bubble structure, which brings down the 4 I was going to give the look. Smell is sharp citrus, orange and a little lemony. Not much else comes through. I really don't like the smell. Much better than the smell. Starts off with the sharp citrus but lends itself to a nice grainy tone. Both flavors fade together. Not very complex, but not bad. Feels chewier than expected, a little too sticky for the style, maybe. Pretty much an OK beer. I'd rather drink a straight Budweiser, though, I think.

blue moon belgian white is not cool.

3.25/5  rDev -4.4%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Can drink one or two of these on draft with fresh orange slice.

4.35/5  rDev +27.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Good..best with fresh orange

3.78/5  rDev +11.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

I used to drink this back in the 90's, so I tried it again the other day? Pretty good, smooth and refreshing summer beer.

4.8/5  rDev +41.2%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 5

One of my favorites. Good by itself. Good with dinner. Easy to drink and light. I like it better draft than out of the bottle.

4.01/5  rDev +17.9%

Entirely drinkable, and I normally don't like fruit-flavoured beers. Great "gateway beer" for lager drinkers!

Smooth and only slightly fruity. Wish it wasn't so clearly marketed towards women, but so it goes.

4.33/5  rDev +27.4%

Good beer, love the taste

1.59/5  rDev -53.2%
look: 2.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

I do not understand the mass appeal of this beer. I would rather drink a Budweiser.

Look: Golden Haze.
Smell: Grainy, Earthy.
Taste: More like an orange peel on intake, nice orange taste as aftertaste.
Feel: A little gritty but not bad.
Overall: I rated this a 3 across the board. Nothing I hate, nothing I love. Aftertaste is a little better than the taste while it's in your mouth. I tasted orange when drinking, but didn't smell citrus that much in the smell???

3.33/5  rDev -2.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

There are a lot of better witbiers out there. That being said you do a lot worse taste wise than blue moon. Good choice when the beer selection is very limited.

3.18/5  rDev -6.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3.25

Tried and true. A lot of these reviews are far too negative or positive. It's a good tasting beer that is light and easy to drink. Nothing more, nothing less.

4.24/5  rDev +24.7%

This is my go to domestic, bothers me that it's not considered as such in most bars. Good flavor, little after taste. Have to understand that it's a sour beer. Don't let the snobs talk you out of trying it.

2.87/5  rDev -15.6%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Brownish straw in color. The flavor profile is surprisingly decent. Still, not something I'd recommend.

2.45/5  rDev -27.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.5

Collage girl beer if there is nothing else around this will get u drunk

2.45/5  rDev -27.9%

flatly, i didn't like it.

far too bland, no character, too fizzy

has a nice hazy appearance

I used to like this but maybe my tastes got a bit more sophisticated...I found it undrinkable now...

3.92/5  rDev +15.3%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 3.75

Great whitbier, very smooth, not too much citrus. Don't care if it's not craft--it's smooth and, hey, it's alright.

4.97/5  rDev +46.2%

Look: Very Orange-y color
Smell: orange
Taste: orange, deliciously crisp citrus flavors, light
Aftertaste: orange stays with you for a bit
Overall: I absolutely love this beer, no matter what season it just reminds me of late summer/early fall. absolutely my favorite- tastes better from the tap

4.44/5  rDev +30.6%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.5

Great taste, cheapish, great alcohol content. Overall, I love blue moon, especially in a glass.

3.76/5  rDev +10.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.5

A family friend had me try one and left a six pack at the house. Ill be honest, I'm not really into heavy beers. I like a beer that will go down like water. To me, blue moon has a weird viscosity and tastes like stale cerceal. I wouldn't buy it but i'd definitely drink it if someone handed me one.

4.21/5  rDev +23.8%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Better with an orange, obviously.

4.78/5  rDev +40.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Beer snobs will always hate that which is mass produced. Yet Blue Moon never disapoints. I've tried numerous Witbiers over the past 12 months, but I always find my way back to Blue Moon.
Good starting place for the uninitiated.

to view more.