Blue Moon Belgian White - Coors Brewing Company

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Witbier |  5.40% ABV

Beer added by: kbub6f on 08-15-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Blue Moon Belgian White Alström Bros
Ratings: 6,142 | Reviews: 1,655

The difference between this and Shock Top is almost indiscernible. Absolutely delicious on tap, the only way to drink it. The only item I might say is different is this one may be ever so slightly more creamy.

Will continue to purchase and drink from time to time.

I like it

My all time favorite mainstream beer! I can never go wrong with Blue Moon!

It has a perfect dark golden color to it. The taste is amazing! A mixture of sweet and grain (Citrus and wheat). Goes down very smoothly. It's smells very good as well.

It's a must have. I always keep a few in my fridge!

Blue Moon was the beer that introduced me to "alternative beers" (I won't use the word craft since it is a Coors beer :-). I have to be honest, I LOVE this beer. I love the crispness of witbier, and the orange flavor is wonderful. For a while this was all I drank, but then had to mix some things up with red beers, lagers and other whites. I am not a huge fan of Coors american adjunct, but I think they hit the nail on the head with Blue Moon!

Just really good. It tastes really citrusy

i have to list 250 characters? gah!
i love this beer. i don't care what people say. "uhhh it's made by coors"-"uhhh too much orange taste". aaahhhh go screw!
i drink this stuff all day and i never get tired of it. one day i took a sip of budweiser, spat it out, and yelled "what is i this shite?! get me a blue mooon!"

This is my every day beer

this is my favorite beer, its a cloudy look means its a good wheat beer. it goes down very smooth. it had a unique smell to it so you can tell its blue moon. you get less of a head hen non wheat beers. it is a great beer for a good price. the main thing to remember when drinking blue moon is to have an orange slice with it

Definitely one of my favorites for sure

i gave this beer 5's all across the board because it definitly deserves it. blue moons apperance, smell, and taste is the perfect match for me. its got that perfect dark color, with that strong taste which hints at orange at the end. also i think the best way to drink this beer is from bottle or tap, when drinking from can all the spices at the bottom dont get mixed very well.

4.97/5  rDev +46.2%

Look: Very Orange-y color
Smell: orange
Taste: orange, deliciously crisp citrus flavors, light
Aftertaste: orange stays with you for a bit
Overall: I absolutely love this beer, no matter what season it just reminds me of late summer/early fall. absolutely my favorite- tastes better from the tap

4.97/5  rDev +46.2%

Appearance- Pale golden color with a nice white head that disappears quickly. Very little lacing.

Smell- Wheat with floral notes and a hint of citrus.

Taste- Wheat malt with a touch of orange and a small hint of spice. Very well balanced.

Mouthfeel- Light bodied and crisp. Average amount of carbonation.

Overall- Great beer. This became my go-to beer this summer. The orange flavor compliments the beer perfectly.

4.94/5  rDev +45.3%

Appearance is a cloudy, pale straw color, typical for a wheat beer; a Pavlovian precursor to the aroma and flavor.

Aroma is best appreciated in a tulip glass which brings up the delicate nose of light fruits (pears, peaches, white grapes, oranges) combined with the earthy notes of coriander and grain, reminiscent of a Brut Champagne.

Taste follows the nose, with flavors of light fruits and a touch of earthy spice. It is sweeter than a Brut Champagne, but with the delicate sweetness of crisp grain rather than the cloying sweetness of a grape. No bitterness whatsoever.

The smooth body and mouthfeel of the light grain is a perfect compliment to the moderate carbonation; much better than any Champagne.

Overall this is outstanding when served in a tulip glass after dinner when you can pay attention to its delicate nose, flavor, and mouthfeel. It is still very good with dinner at a restaurant where it is typically served in a tall glass with a slice of orange on the rim. It is fine for a backyard barbeque, but most of its virtues would likely be missed. It is very similar to, but better than Champagne, thanks to its broader body and more complex flavor. It seems that every time I drink this beer I find something new and I want to give it a higher rating; the first time I tried it in a tulip glass was a game changer; I am now liking it more than St. Bernardus.

4.94/5  rDev +45.3%

I've already reviewed this beer in the bottle (reviewed on April 21, 2008). Well, Blue Moon is even better, and more delicious, on tap. Virtually every aspect of the beer is enhanced when ordering it on tap as opposed to drinking it out of the bottle. Definitely my choice of beer whenever I'm out for a drink and some eats.

4.92/5  rDev +44.7%

One of the best beers out there.

4.92/5  rDev +44.7%

Blue Moon is definitely my new favorite beer. I bought a 6 pack as a treat, and I was instantly hooked. The flavor is like a mild orange-y taste, (though not as strong as Shock Top). You can easily swish the taste around in your mouth before swallowing, almost like smoking a fine cigar.

This isn't a good beer to get drunk on, mainly because of price issues, but it isn't too filling and very easy to drink.

I have had it served in a glass before at a pool hall which came with an orange slice I believe, this only added to the amazing taste. I would recommend this beer to anyone that can afford it.

4.85/5  rDev +42.6%

Always my beer of choice. Very citrusy with a full body.

4.84/5  rDev +42.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Love this beer so much

4.84/5  rDev +42.4%
look: 5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

If you can have this draft, go for it. The bottle is also very good. Pours beautifully and has a sweet taste.

4.82/5  rDev +41.8%
look: 5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.75

This is my favorite beer by a large margin. I'm no deep beer aficionado so I can't pick it apart piece by piece but simply put it is a genuinely delicious beer that fits almost any occasion. I highly recommend tossing in an orange slice with it as well, it noticeably improves an already good flavor.

4.8/5  rDev +41.2%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 5

One of my favorites. Good by itself. Good with dinner. Easy to drink and light. I like it better draft than out of the bottle.

4.8/5  rDev +41.2%

On tap is the best way to have this beer. I feel happy every time I see it on tap and I'm happy to sat I see it in more and more locations.

It's great to see such a good beer taking on such popularity!

Have it with a slice of orange. The experience is the same as with the bottled version but more intense.

Sweetness into grain into spicy orange notes. Man I want one now!

4.8/5  rDev +41.2%

This is a great beer. My favorite beer of all time. This beer is great with an orange wedge. Best beer ever!

4.78/5  rDev +40.6%

I have never seen anything like this before. It kind of looks much like a light apple cider in appearance. Has a cloudy golden pulp that can be seen with plenty of carbonation. Has a nice silky head that stays awhile. This stuff smells good and has a hint of citrus like orange peal. Felt good in my mouth and very nice chilled on a warm day but I do not mind having it on hand at all times. This was my first try off the beaten path of the other “usual suspects” that got me to try new things. It will continue to be one of my favorites.

4.78/5  rDev +40.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Beer snobs will always hate that which is mass produced. Yet Blue Moon never disapoints. I've tried numerous Witbiers over the past 12 months, but I always find my way back to Blue Moon.
Good starting place for the uninitiated.

Blue Moon Belgian White from Coors Brewing Company