2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Blue Moon Belgian White - Coors Brewing Company

Blue Moon Belgian WhiteBlue Moon Belgian White

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Witbier |  5.40% ABV

(Beer added by: kbub6f on 08-15-2001)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Blue Moon Belgian White Alström Bros
Ratings: 4,340 | Reviews: 1,412 | Show All Ratings:
adammacmillan

this is my favorite beer, its a cloudy look means its a good wheat beer. it goes down very smooth. it had a unique smell to it so you can tell its blue moon. you get less of a head hen non wheat beers. it is a great beer for a good price. the main thing to remember when drinking blue moon is to have an orange slice with it

05-14-2008 15:32:26 | More by adammacmillan
EmericaMoon

i gave this beer 5's all across the board because it definitly deserves it. blue moons apperance, smell, and taste is the perfect match for me. its got that perfect dark color, with that strong taste which hints at orange at the end. also i think the best way to drink this beer is from bottle or tap, when drinking from can all the spices at the bottom dont get mixed very well.

10-13-2010 20:02:20 | More by EmericaMoon
CS1971

Blue Moon was the beer that introduced me to "alternative beers" (I won't use the word craft since it is a Coors beer :-). I have to be honest, I LOVE this beer. I love the crispness of witbier, and the orange flavor is wonderful. For a while this was all I drank, but then had to mix some things up with red beers, lagers and other whites. I am not a huge fan of Coors american adjunct, but I think they hit the nail on the head with Blue Moon!

07-23-2011 00:57:42 | More by CS1971
Giancarlo

My all time favorite mainstream beer! I can never go wrong with Blue Moon!

It has a perfect dark golden color to it. The taste is amazing! A mixture of sweet and grain (Citrus and wheat). Goes down very smoothly. It's smells very good as well.

It's a must have. I always keep a few in my fridge!

12-23-2012 08:05:57 | More by Giancarlo
scratch69

Missouri

4.97/5  rDev +46.2%

Appearance- Pale golden color with a nice white head that disappears quickly. Very little lacing.

Smell- Wheat with floral notes and a hint of citrus.

Taste- Wheat malt with a touch of orange and a small hint of spice. Very well balanced.

Mouthfeel- Light bodied and crisp. Average amount of carbonation.

Overall- Great beer. This became my go-to beer this summer. The orange flavor compliments the beer perfectly.

10-01-2011 04:41:25 | More by scratch69
Popkorn615

4.95/5  rDev +45.6%

I've already reviewed this beer in the bottle (reviewed on April 21, 2008). Well, Blue Moon is even better, and more delicious, on tap. Virtually every aspect of the beer is enhanced when ordering it on tap as opposed to drinking it out of the bottle. Definitely my choice of beer whenever I'm out for a drink and some eats.

05-04-2008 04:36:47 | More by Popkorn615
PeskySaurus

Colorado

4.93/5  rDev +45%

Blue Moon is definitely my new favorite beer. I bought a 6 pack as a treat, and I was instantly hooked. The flavor is like a mild orange-y taste, (though not as strong as Shock Top). You can easily swish the taste around in your mouth before swallowing, almost like smoking a fine cigar.

This isn't a good beer to get drunk on, mainly because of price issues, but it isn't too filling and very easy to drink.

I have had it served in a glass before at a pool hall which came with an orange slice I believe, this only added to the amazing taste. I would recommend this beer to anyone that can afford it.

05-10-2009 23:31:41 | More by PeskySaurus
Zepaw

4.83/5  rDev +42.1%
look: 5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.75

This is my favorite beer by a large margin. I'm no deep beer aficionado so I can't pick it apart piece by piece but simply put it is a genuinely delicious beer that fits almost any occasion. I highly recommend tossing in an orange slice with it as well, it noticeably improves an already good flavor.

03-13-2014 19:11:42 | More by Zepaw
quad07

4.8/5  rDev +41.2%

I have never seen anything like this before. It kind of looks much like a light apple cider in appearance. Has a cloudy golden pulp that can be seen with plenty of carbonation. Has a nice silky head that stays awhile. This stuff smells good and has a hint of citrus like orange peal. Felt good in my mouth and very nice chilled on a warm day but I do not mind having it on hand at all times. This was my first try off the beaten path of the other “usual suspects” that got me to try new things. It will continue to be one of my favorites.

10-27-2007 19:50:55 | More by quad07
cgstarry

4.8/5  rDev +41.2%

On tap is the best way to have this beer. I feel happy every time I see it on tap and I'm happy to sat I see it in more and more locations.

It's great to see such a good beer taking on such popularity!

Have it with a slice of orange. The experience is the same as with the bottled version but more intense.

Sweetness into grain into spicy orange notes. Man I want one now!

05-07-2008 01:22:42 | More by cgstarry
sauron681

Wisconsin

4.78/5  rDev +40.6%

I love this beer, its just as good in bottles. If I'm going to an Applebees/Charcoal Grill/Chilis type restaurant, I will order a couple of pints.

Pours a nice thick white head that stays sticky with exceptional lacing in the glass.
Hints of citrus, corriander and orange. Medium body, but not overpowering. Bronzy/orange in color.
Very aromatic, almost sweet flower like, however, a little over carbonated. This beer for me goes great with fried appetizers, or cheese and sausage. An excellent choice for an "americanized" wheat beer.

01-09-2006 23:33:39 | More by sauron681
barrettf

Tennessee

4.78/5  rDev +40.6%

One of the best American wheat beers on the market! This beer is drinkable in any season. You can add a small slice of orange to bring out the citrus of the beer, or drink it straight from the bottle. This beer has the right balance of spices and flavors, not overpowering or underwhelming.

09-10-2010 19:27:22 | More by barrettf
Insomnicat

4.75/5  rDev +39.7%

A - Dark amber. A clear glass shows off the carbonation well. Not much head

S - Flowery with citrus tones

T - Same as the smell, but with a malty undertone

M - A bit heavier than water, doesnt coat the inside of the mouth and is very crisp.

D - Very drinkable. I could easily drink several of these in a night.

07-24-2010 02:47:44 | More by Insomnicat
dubman003

New Hampshire

4.72/5  rDev +38.8%

I could say "Mmm, a citrus explosion of sharp, protesting, but coagulating spectaculation."

But I wont.

This beer is incredibly good. Just short of the Belgian excellence that Sam Adams White Ale has achieved, but just short. My number two beer for beers that can purchased at the grocery store. A thick beer with exceptional tastate.

02-20-2006 03:53:15 | More by dubman003
kdawg105

Georgia

4.72/5  rDev +38.8%

Really like this beer. It is only the second wheat brew I have had but I actually really like this one. It is gold in color but very cloudy. The smell is very nice with wheat and oats. The mouthfeel is great very even and smooth which gives it an superior drinkability!

01-31-2011 00:48:46 | More by kdawg105
yuenglingfan101

Indiana

4.7/5  rDev +38.2%

This by far is the best of any brewed by Coors Brewing Company. Looks excellent. Smells really fresh and crisp. Taste and mouthful are really good. No words really to describe its taste. Drinkability is good. Could go through a six pack feeling good. For some reason this beer reminds me of winter and winterfresh gum in taste and appearance

07-26-2010 20:01:05 | More by yuenglingfan101
MisterClean

4.68/5  rDev +37.6%

Beer tasting at the Shack.

However, a story comes with this tasting. This August, I judged beer at an event (California Brewers Festival) where master beer judges gave this beer BEST IN SHOW. I couldn't believe it. A fricking Coors beer!?! Inconceivable. I was seething with anger. I had pictures of the final judges on my dart board.

So with an open mind, I tried this beer. Only before I tried it, the owner of The Shack informed me it was reformulated to actually resemble a real Belgian beer. Not only that, it came with the brewfest labelling (clean bottle with paper and rubber band) as I spotted a judge in attendance.

A - Hazy yellow, with heaps of foam, that took its darn time to subside.

S - Lots of coriander and clove. Some malt backing with hints of orange. Also quite a bit of orangy esters from the yeast. Could be they overpitched, but it made the beer smell better.

T - Wafts of coriander and orange immediately cling to the taste buds with hints of hop earthiness and a mellow clove finish.

M - I am not sure this is a Coors product. I had a Dunkelweizen from a Miller offshoot that was excellent, so this shouldn't come as too much of a shock. Very well balanced.

D - Give me a hammock and a six-pack. Beer judges: This one was worthy of the final table, am sorry for doubting you. Their reformulation: awesome. Seriously. Puts Allagash White and others in their place.

10-08-2008 05:14:32 | More by MisterClean
Mikala

Tennessee

4.68/5  rDev +37.6%

So far, my favorite beer. The color is a cloudy orange and you can see some white in it. The head is beautiful and dissipates in just the right amount of time. The smell is very light and the aroma isn't overwhelming with alcohol. You can smell a bit of the citrus. Orange slice isn't required, but definitely addes to the taste. You can squeeze it or just let it drop in a gradually absorb itself in the beer. The taste was very light on my tongue. Very smooth going into my mouth and the citrus hint comes out. I didn't have to force it down like with some beers. It glides down. Overall a great beer with great taste. If you're more of a social drinker and like wines or mixed drinks, this is definitely a beer you should try.

07-16-2012 20:41:58 | More by Mikala
ProfessorHops

4.63/5  rDev +36.2%

Appearance- cloudy gold, very appealing.

Smell- very sweet and calk full of malt. Coriander is present as well. I agree with the bro.

Taste- delicious, smooth and malted. Very sweet and fruity. (where does the fruit come from? Anyone...)

Mouthfeel- slightly thick when talking American brews of this color, but very pleasant.

Drinkability- very easy to drink, I did a six pack in forty five minutes. All of Coors beers seam to have an easy drinking beverage in mind when creating a beer. A definite quencher. Come summer time and the heat is on, I will be found in a blue haze. (sorry Jimmy)

Very good beer. Easy to drink and equally unique. Often served with an orange this adds a little to the sweetness and also makes the drinking more fun in a corny way. This beer is quite tasty and should be explored if you like sweet brews. Taste identical to Sam Adams White Ale...

04-04-2006 15:40:48 | More by ProfessorHops
PaterIovisLII

Maryland

4.55/5  rDev +33.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.5

The head on this beer is decent, not too much, not too little. This beer's cloudy appearance that gives this beer character but can be intimidating the the drinker until he puts it up to his face. The first thing that gets the drinker is the smell, it is unique and you can somewhat smell the orange peel. Don't let the weak smell fool you though. This beer has a powerful and very smooth and flavorful taste that goes down solid and lets you remember how good it really is. The drinkabilty is good and, from what I hear, a slice of orange makes this beer unforgetable. Give it shot, you won't regret it.

10-11-2005 04:34:11 | More by PaterIovisLII
Vashtar

4.55/5  rDev +33.8%

Blue Moon requires an orange to meet its full potential, but that's part of the fun. It makes it a treat, rather than just a beer. This is a great one to give to somebody who doesn't like beer. I'm surprised to find out Coors makes it. Coors is disgusting.

11-01-2010 06:48:02 | More by Vashtar
Lockedin

4.55/5  rDev +33.8%

I don't care who makes this stuff - I like it.

A: Hazed yellow gold with an off white 1 finger head that dissipates to a ring in my pint glass - nice lacing counts my sips through the session.

S: Citrus - orange (probly why most try to serve with a slice, tell them to leave it - the beer speaks well on its own), slight bready yeast, but citrus dominates.

T: Citrus Orange & Wheat, fruity yeast and orange. Finshes with grain / citrus.

M: Light, but not thin.

O: Really nice beer! Nothing epic about it, but nothing to complain about either. A very well balanced and refreshing wit that happens to be made by Coors (keep it coming!)

11-28-2011 07:11:32 | More by Lockedin
mclanem

4.53/5  rDev +33.2%

This beer is one of my personal favorites I have had it in abottle and on tap. If there is a beer I want with my meal it is this one. It pours a creamy yellow color and a nice smaller white head. some places serve it with an orange on the glass I prefer to throw that to the side right away. the taste is so smooth, fills the mouth with flavour but not to much, this is why it is good with food it will not overwhelm your food. this beer is common from what i have seen so if you havent had it do so.

01-01-2006 14:28:06 | More by mclanem
dustified1234567

4.53/5  rDev +33.2%

Appearance- honey but very cloudy with a 2-3 finger white head

Smell- Smells of fresh peaches and ones that are sweet.

Taste- Taste Green apple wiht a little bit of tartness. But to even it out a sweet peach taste.

Mouthfeel- Is like carbonated fruit juice with a very light feel and very smooth.

Drinkability- Very easy to drink. A beer for the summer and a beer that needs to be drank between 40-45 degrees f.

04-23-2006 02:05:30 | More by dustified1234567
schoolboy

4.5/5  rDev +32.4%

In the right company, and the right setting, this can be the perfect beer. We had little to choose from at the poolside bar at the Orlando Wyndham, but they had this on tap. We ordered a couple. 15 minutes later they appeared, with appologies (we could see the bartender having problems).

It was pretty good. Better than I had remembered in a bottle (later bottle tastings confirmed this, though it is drinkable in a bottle too). Shortly thereafter, two free ones showed up (by-products, I think - a bunch of foam, now in two glasses). But it all was good. Neither serving was excessively cold, which I think helped make it tastey. And the company and setting were perfect too.

As I said, in a bottle, I was never very impressed with this, but if it is barely cold, it has nice flavor like that too.

09-15-2007 21:18:47 | More by schoolboy