Blue Moon Belgian White - Coors Brewing Company

Blue Moon Belgian WhiteBlue Moon Belgian White

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Witbier |  5.40% ABV

(Beer added by: kbub6f on 08-15-2001)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Blue Moon Belgian White Alström Bros
cichief

2.15/5  rDev -36.8%

I tried this beer at a chain restaurant in a large weizen type glass. I was cloudy orange-gold in color, with decent head. It smelled of orange and citrus. It was very sweet, too sweet, with orange fruit flavors. It was very gassy, too much even for the style. I would seek out other white beers to drink regularly.

03-18-2007 20:12:20 | More by cichief

09-28-2013 14:54:33 | More by Lukebell15
pweis909

Wisconsin

3.75/5  rDev +10.3%

NOTE: I'm editing an earlier review, where I might have let some personal bias creep into the review.

OK. I'll say it. I don't want to like this beer because it is brewed by Coors, a company that has posed numerous affronts to my social sensibilities.

That said, I kind of like this beer. Like another Coors product, Killian's, a 6 of these shows up in my fridge from time to time, courtesy of my wife. I suspect she finds these beers more exotic than the standard macro, and not as pricey as the standard micro. She might be onto something.

The earlier review said:
Blue Moon Wit appears slightly cloudy, gold.

Slight spice to smell and taste differentiates this from what would otherwise be a very ordinary beer. I was thinking coriander? In any event, it is not very bold, so it is easy to categorize this as an ordinary beer.

To this, I will add:
There is a nice delicate sweetness to the malt, I guess it is wheat malt, that you don't find in an ordinary macro. I find it really refreshing. On this warmish spring day, where I am working outside doing the lawn and garden routine, I found myself craving this beer. So I put 2 in the fridge and am enjoying. Hence, increased taste and drinkability in this edited review.

I'll probably never buy Coors products myself, choosing to support a true micro, or at least, a more regional micro (e.g., Leinies, Point), if I am feeling cheap or the selection is limited. Still, I gotta give this one it's due.

04-09-2006 16:06:43 | More by pweis909
hckyfn9999

Missouri

3.6/5  rDev +5.9%

This brew pours a nice cloudy yellowish orange color with a nice thick white head although it doesnt last too long. Aroma is of a little fruity yeast and lemon peel. Taste is decent with a nice light wheat flavor and a little more lemony citrus; nothing offensive, just nothing strong. Mouthfeel is pretty smooth, creamy almost, and pleasantly carbonated. This is a pretty easy drinker that is available almost everywhere. Definitley a decent brew, and a very good crossover beer, even if someone goes with the citrus slice. Overall a decent beer that I am not sure gets a fair shake because its Coors, and there are far worse options generally where this beer is available.

01-23-2007 06:41:39 | More by hckyfn9999
Ragingbull

3.63/5  rDev +6.8%

Cloudy golden straw color with a white foamy head. Some rising prickle. Innocuous nose. Fruit forward flavor that starts with a strong attack of banana. The fruit flavors fade towards the finish and the the beer finishes smooth. By the time the beer clears the mouth you could have been drinking any traditional/straightforward style or flavor of beer. I feel pretty confident that this used to be an independent brewer and surely Coors has tamed it and made it more predictably consistent. I didn't have many options as I had it in a restaurant that was definitely more about the food and family atmosphere than the beer, but I wanted a beer and this was good enough to satisfy me.

04-20-2009 18:09:50 | More by Ragingbull

01-23-2014 03:46:04 | More by cmwilliq
allboutbierge

Austria

3.65/5  rDev +7.4%

My girlfriend's favorite brew. Better with a lemon in the glass. Cloudy golden color and light head and lace. Flavor has elements of citrus, nutmeg, yeast. I am no fan of Macro's but say what you want, this is a good beer. By no means is this the best Wit out there, or even in the upper escleon, but is not the worst either. I would actually like to try their pumpkin if I could ever find it.

11-21-2002 15:26:04 | More by allboutbierge
SupaCelt

3.65/5  rDev +7.4%

A tug on the handle unleashed a cloudy, golden brew with a nice head of good retention.

The smell reminds me of blueberry. Maybe it is subliminal being "Blue Moon," but it smells blue. Wheat and sweetness with citrus and non citrus fruit aspects.

The taste is pretty decent. Fresh, wet mouthfeel. Blue flavors abound. Nary a hint of bitterness. Mostly sweet and wheat beer tones. Some apple and orange. Juicy and refreshing. I can drink these all day in the summertime. Taken for what it is, this one is a sure winner when faced with the common drab of beer cooler boredom. I have never had a bad one off the tap which is where I usually come into contact with this beer. Not bad.

04-07-2005 08:13:49 | More by SupaCelt

West Virginia

07-26-2013 05:22:33 | More by Jackal
PatronWizard

3.2/5  rDev -5.9%

Last of a twelver, poured into a glass...

Nice foamy head for half a minute or so, proper wheat beer color of golden orange...

Light citrus scent, regular wheat beer flavor....

I like it, it's just not exceptional. Very refreshing, very drinkable, I would order it in a restuarant over many other choices but....

Guess I just don't have much to say about this one. Oh well, what's next?

08-09-2008 19:30:38 | More by PatronWizard