Blue Moon Belgian White - Coors Brewing Company

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Witbier |  5.40% ABV

Beer added by: kbub6f on 08-15-2001

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Blue Moon Belgian White Alström Bros
2.75/5  rDev -18.9%

I will admit I am not much of a wheat beer drinker but it was what my friend had in his fridge and I never turn down a free, cold beer.

It smelled and looked ok. It was a little bitter, and definetly had an after taste.

It was not very smooth or did not have alot of drinkability. Not something I would tailgate with or purchase on my own but I would not turn it down if it was offered to me.

4.5/5  rDev +32.7%

2.75/5  rDev -18.9%

3.2/5  rDev -5.6%

4.05/5  rDev +19.5%

pours a 1/8" fritzy head that dissipates quickly. non-existent lacing. hazy teal tinted yellow into a golden amber with orange tint.

smells of wheat, oranges, and pine.

a citrus wheat beer, not much past that.

mellow citrus on-bringing to a crisp, yet smooth finish. bright, refreshing aftertaste.

the quintessential "girly" beer, one can see why chicks enjoy it so much.

**Drink by date on bottle: Jan 30 2012

2.89/5  rDev -14.7%

HAHAHA I know what you are thinking. But after a stressful day at the office this was literally the only bottle of beer in my Depleted Fridge. Heres we goes !

Appearance: Hazy cloudy burnt orangy yellow. Pours a very prominant white head and then melts down to nothing like the wicked witch from Wizard of Oz. Abosolute 0 lacing.

Smell: Some lemon zest with a cracked corriander undertone. Some soft wheat bread and yeast notes tickle the nose after the lemon has run it's course.

Taste: Prominant wheat (uh Duh) maltiness with a lemonade finish. The spices that I get in the nose are very minute in the flavor aspect really I do pick up a pepper note. It has this cloying kind of syrupy taste to it , I am not sure what that is from . All in all not a horrible taste but this is one of the few beers that the douchy addition of fruit might actually help it along.

Mouthfeel: Very carbonated! Sticky syrupy not all that appealing. Sort of refreshing but I would have to sweating my you know what off to get the most of this one. I would have to say if this is your best option at your chosen venue go for it however if there are more attractive (less commercialized , less douchebaggy , less faux craft) options please RUN that way!

Sidenote: I have to stay humble here for one reason. I remember the way this beer used to taste before I fell into the craft scene full bore. It was so different than most of the Macro stuff I had had before that it was one of my gate way brews. I know this review might sound like I am flaming this beer, But with all of the beautiful witbiers out there it is a shame that they don't get the recognition that this beer has . So I guess what I am saying drink what makes you happy and if someone drinks something different don't talk down to them like you are better than them . This is only my 60th review and I have alot to learn. Every beer has it's place and time whether it be a Simpler times or Pliny the Elder. The old expression holds true you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink.

3.8/5  rDev +12.1%

I've had this beer on numerous occasions. Usually I'll scoop a 12-pack when a friend and I are trying to step our game up from Coors Light and enjoy ourselves without breaking the bank. I ended up getting this on tap last night at Carolina Ale House.

Appearance was a light orange to a dark yellow. Garnished with an orange slice. Looks damn good; damn refreshing.

Smelled fruity, as it always does. Got a big hit of, guess? Orange! Also some coriander and other spices in there. Fairly hoppy aroma.

Tastes sweet, fruity. Even though it's early March, I'm transported back to summer, sitting on my back porch, enjoying the sunshine and the refreshing fruitiness of a cool Blue Moon.

Mouthfeel, at least on this one, wasn't remarkable. Perhaps the keg was a bit old, but it wasn't quite as carbonated as I would have liked it. Probably would have preferred it from the bottle, on this night anyway.

Went down smooth. Blue Moon is probably one of the easiest beers to consume. It isn't too heavy, and it has a lot of fruity flavor without being overbearing.

As I said, the keg was a little dead, but that's no fault of the beer's. Perhaps a bit off on this night, but as a rule, very consistent and good.

Blue Moon Belgian White from Coors Brewing Company