Blue Moon Belgian White - Coors Brewing Company

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Witbier |  5.40% ABV

Beer added by: kbub6f on 08-15-2001

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Blue Moon Belgian White Alström Bros
3.64/5  rDev +7.4%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Had a glass of this one for the first time in months when eating at a favorite local place with family. Best-by date of April 2015 on the bottle; poured into a cold (but not frosted) mug the restaurant provided. No orange wedge here!

Light orangey color, not much head at all (especially if you pour slowly.) More of a cloudy/hazy look to it than most beers I've had.

Smell is... well, honestly I barely noticed it this time around, even when I took a bit of a sniff. Maybe a faint grain/bread sort of thing, but I think the smells of food must have just completely overwhelmed the smell of the beer. I do remember it having a bit of a slightly unpleasant funky smell to it when I've had it before, though this glass in particular had no noticeable funkiness was leaning more toward "not much smell at all."

Taste is... actually really nice. Orangey, bready, a bit of some spice I can't immediately identify coming in occasionally... both flavorful and very refreshing, and no real clashes with my food either. A whole lot better than I remember it being the last time I had it, actually--the orange peel and spice stood out *much* more in this glass compared to what I've had before; I actually don't remember picking up any "orangeyness" at all the last time I had a Blue Moon.

Overall, I was pleasantly surprised by my revisit to one of the first beers I ever tried and liked. I was fully expecting the "not quite as good as I remembered" experience so many people mention having upon making a return visit to one of their first beers, but ended up with the exact opposite. I have to wonder if the people who bash on this beer are really just bashing on the company that makes it rather than any actual negative qualities of the beer itself... or maybe others in the style are just *that* much better that people start to mistake "less good than this other really amazing thing" with "not good at all," as people tend to do? I'll have to try some of the others and see, I suppose.

3.51/5  rDev +3.5%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

3.06/5  rDev -9.7%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3

3.5/5  rDev +3.2%

3.02/5  rDev -10.9%

Blue moon is a sell out. Without an orange it tastes like shit, I used to think it was a good beer and now it's just ass

3.2/5  rDev -5.6%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3

3.75/5  rDev +10.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.96/5  rDev +16.8%

3.53/5  rDev +4.1%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

4.35/5  rDev +28.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

Always smooth just the right citrus flavor without being overpowering or sweet. No aftertaste.

3.35/5  rDev -1.2%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

3.37/5  rDev -0.6%

This is a good beer, however I do not see what all the fuss is about there are cheaper and better wheat beers out there. Have paid 5 GBP for a pint of this, which is quite frankly ridiculous.

3.53/5  rDev +4.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

3.89/5  rDev +14.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

Had this on draught at Old Chicago out of a pint glass. The beer looks orange and hazy, it's impossible to see through. As one of my friends said, it looks like "you took orange juice and poured some beer into it". I didn't really smell it, because that would have just been weird given the context. The taste is dry up front, a bit of wheat, and no apparent bitterness at all. The mouthfeel of this one is very light, fairly carbonated and goes down incredibly smooth. The aftertaste of this beer is, undeniably, orange. Not orange and beer, just orange. About a minute or so after the first sip, I got this lingering sweetness in my mouth that tasted like I'd just bitten into an orange.

Overall, if there are no other respectable draught beers on tap at a given restaurant, I'm going with Blue Moon 100% of the time. Great beer.

3.75/5  rDev +10.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.91/5  rDev +15.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.75

Not to bad considering it is available in every bar in the US.

2.16/5  rDev -36.3%
look: 1.75 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

Good beer, I think it's better on tap then out of the bottle

Has a slightly orange flavor while still tasting like beer.

3.81/5  rDev +12.4%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.81/5  rDev +12.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.75

2.93/5  rDev -13.6%

Run of the mill and ugly.

3.18/5  rDev -6.2%
look: 3 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Not bad for an Americanized Belgian.

Blue Moon Belgian White from Coors Brewing Company