Blue Moon Belgian White - Coors Brewing Company

Blue Moon Belgian WhiteBlue Moon Belgian White

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Witbier |  5.40% ABV

(Beer added by: kbub6f on 08-15-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Blue Moon Belgian White Alström Bros
DandyAnderson

08-08-2014 00:22:23 | More by 10-Fold
jhamilton214

01-22-2013 20:42:27 | More by jhamilton214
EmericaMoon

i gave this beer 5's all across the board because it definitly deserves it. blue moons apperance, smell, and taste is the perfect match for me. its got that perfect dark color, with that strong taste which hints at orange at the end. also i think the best way to drink this beer is from bottle or tap, when drinking from can all the spices at the bottom dont get mixed very well.

10-13-2010 20:02:20 | More by EmericaMoon
scratch69

Missouri

4.97/5  rDev +46.2%

Appearance- Pale golden color with a nice white head that disappears quickly. Very little lacing.

Smell- Wheat with floral notes and a hint of citrus.

Taste- Wheat malt with a touch of orange and a small hint of spice. Very well balanced.

Mouthfeel- Light bodied and crisp. Average amount of carbonation.

Overall- Great beer. This became my go-to beer this summer. The orange flavor compliments the beer perfectly.

10-01-2011 04:41:25 | More by scratch69
Earl11

Colorado

4.95/5  rDev +45.6%

Appearance is a cloudy, pale straw color, typical for a wheat beer; a Pavlovian precursor to the aroma and flavor.

Aroma is best appreciated in a tulip glass which brings up the delicate nose of light fruits (pears, peaches, white grapes, oranges) combined with the earthy notes of coriander and grain, reminiscent of a Brut Champagne.

Taste follows the nose, with flavors of light fruits and a touch of earthy spice. It is sweeter than a Brut Champagne, but with the delicate sweetness of crisp grain rather than the cloying sweetness of a grape. No bitterness whatsoever.

The smooth body and mouthfeel of the light grain is a perfect compliment to the moderate carbonation; much better than any Champagne.

Overall this is outstanding when served in a tulip glass after dinner when you can pay attention to its delicate nose, flavor, and mouthfeel. It is still very good with dinner at a restaurant where it is typically served in a tall glass with a slice of orange on the rim. It is fine for a backyard barbeque, but most of its virtues would likely be missed. It is very similar to, but better than Champagne, thanks to its broader body and more complex flavor. It seems that every time I drink this beer I find something new and I want to give it a higher rating; the first time I tried it in a tulip glass was a game changer; I am now liking it more than St. Bernardus.

04-21-2014 19:00:57 | More by Earl11
Popkorn615

4.95/5  rDev +45.6%

I've already reviewed this beer in the bottle (reviewed on April 21, 2008). Well, Blue Moon is even better, and more delicious, on tap. Virtually every aspect of the beer is enhanced when ordering it on tap as opposed to drinking it out of the bottle. Definitely my choice of beer whenever I'm out for a drink and some eats.

05-04-2008 04:36:47 | More by Popkorn615
PeskySaurus

Colorado

4.93/5  rDev +45%

Blue Moon is definitely my new favorite beer. I bought a 6 pack as a treat, and I was instantly hooked. The flavor is like a mild orange-y taste, (though not as strong as Shock Top). You can easily swish the taste around in your mouth before swallowing, almost like smoking a fine cigar.

This isn't a good beer to get drunk on, mainly because of price issues, but it isn't too filling and very easy to drink.

I have had it served in a glass before at a pool hall which came with an orange slice I believe, this only added to the amazing taste. I would recommend this beer to anyone that can afford it.

05-10-2009 23:31:41 | More by PeskySaurus
Zepaw

4.83/5  rDev +42.1%

This is my favorite beer by a large margin. I'm no deep beer aficionado so I can't pick it apart piece by piece but simply put it is a genuinely delicious beer that fits almost any occasion. I highly recommend tossing in an orange slice with it as well, it noticeably improves an already good flavor.

03-13-2014 19:11:42 | More by Zepaw
quad07

4.8/5  rDev +41.2%

I have never seen anything like this before. It kind of looks much like a light apple cider in appearance. Has a cloudy golden pulp that can be seen with plenty of carbonation. Has a nice silky head that stays awhile. This stuff smells good and has a hint of citrus like orange peal. Felt good in my mouth and very nice chilled on a warm day but I do not mind having it on hand at all times. This was my first try off the beaten path of the other “usual suspects” that got me to try new things. It will continue to be one of my favorites.

10-27-2007 19:50:55 | More by quad07
cgstarry

4.8/5  rDev +41.2%

On tap is the best way to have this beer. I feel happy every time I see it on tap and I'm happy to sat I see it in more and more locations.

It's great to see such a good beer taking on such popularity!

Have it with a slice of orange. The experience is the same as with the bottled version but more intense.

Sweetness into grain into spicy orange notes. Man I want one now!

05-07-2008 01:22:42 | More by cgstarry
sauron681

Wisconsin

4.78/5  rDev +40.6%

I love this beer, its just as good in bottles. If I'm going to an Applebees/Charcoal Grill/Chilis type restaurant, I will order a couple of pints.

Pours a nice thick white head that stays sticky with exceptional lacing in the glass.
Hints of citrus, corriander and orange. Medium body, but not overpowering. Bronzy/orange in color.
Very aromatic, almost sweet flower like, however, a little over carbonated. This beer for me goes great with fried appetizers, or cheese and sausage. An excellent choice for an "americanized" wheat beer.

01-09-2006 23:33:39 | More by sauron681
barrettf

Tennessee

4.78/5  rDev +40.6%

One of the best American wheat beers on the market! This beer is drinkable in any season. You can add a small slice of orange to bring out the citrus of the beer, or drink it straight from the bottle. This beer has the right balance of spices and flavors, not overpowering or underwhelming.

09-10-2010 19:27:22 | More by barrettf