Blue Moon Belgian White - Coors Brewing Company

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Witbier |  5.40% ABV

Beer added by: kbub6f on 08-15-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Blue Moon Belgian White Alström Bros
Ratings: 6,141 | Reviews: 1,655
4.42/5  rDev +30%

appearance - Pale yellow color with a nice white head on it.

smell -Fruity citrus smell to it.

taste - Citrus flavor to it, nice clean taste.

mouthfeel - Crisp feel to it, citrusy

drinkability - Refreshing beer not bad at all. Nice summer beer. Have had on tap and in bottle, many times. Made by Coors, did you know that? They should put Coors right over the Blue Moon label lol.

4.42/5  rDev +30%

I drank this belgian white ale at a golf course as it was the best draft choice given the other american lager options.

A fruity, clean, white head and almost bright orange body that was served cold in a 16 ounce plastic cup. (Sorry, no other options)

Bartender advised that most people ask for orange slice with it but I promptly declined.

Fruity smell with an almost herbal hint. (Advised it was brewed with orange peel and coriander).

Clean, sweet flavor and feel with no strong, bitter after-taste.

Drinkable, although rather sweet.

I would recommend this belgian white ale to someone who ha grown accustomed to stale tasting american beer and a normally afraid of a non processed american lager or pilsner.

I would not recommend this ale if it were not served cold.

I prefer this ale as a change of pace and to me it is better than your run of the mill - Hefe's. or unfiltered wheat brews.

4.42/5  rDev +30%

This has quickly become one of my favorite beers. Like the guy whose review is just below me, Coors briefly had me thinking this stuff came from a microbrewer. And let me say I'm also impressed Coors was able to make this. This was my introduction to Belgian Whites, and its quickly become one of my favorite beers. The color is a sort of light gold, but on the cloudy side. The head pretty tall and better formed than I would have expected in such a fizzy beer. The smell is very pleasant with some citrus and a little bit of spice besides. Taste is pleasant and refreshing. It's light, with some sweetness, and some sourness that adds pleasant depth, rather than a perception cheap hops. Plus there's a bit of spice in there. Mouthfeel is fizzy and fairly light, though not at all watery. Drinkability is pretty good because this is a light and very pleasant beer. But not great because of the acidity. Hop presence is rather slight since a lot of the flavor comes from spice and other flavorings. I'd definately reccomend this, although I have to admit Hacker-Schorr Weiss was definately better still. It was a surprisingly decent introduction to a new category for me, and if I couldn't find, or didn't want to pay for a bottle of that Hacker-Schorr Weiss, then this would be my choice for someone who's new to beer, or who says they don't like beer.

4.42/5  rDev +30%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

I love wheat beers and this beer in particular. It tastes great and is infinitely drinkable - particularly in the summer time. It's smooth, has great flavor, and has balanced carbonation. I prefer it on tap to bottled, but both are fantastic. Writing this review makes me want to go get one...enjoy!

4.4/5  rDev +29.4%

12 oz bottle from the local grocery store

A: Not mentioning this because I drink straight from the bottle. What I could see through the glass in the bottle was a nice cloudy appearance

S: Good... properly set the stage for the taste.

T: A smooth coriander taste with cirtus overtones, finishing with a nice grain flavor.. definitely some wheat but maybe oats as well? I admit my tastes aren't *that* sensitive

M: Very smooth and rich. Almost buttery in my mouth. Lightly carbonated, enough to make it interesting without getting in the way of the taste

D: Very drinkable. I could drink these all night and never get bored

All in all a very good beer, one of the best I've had.

4.4/5  rDev +29.4%

Holy cow, what a shocker this was. Picked it up just to review another beer and went back for more. Pours a cloudy honey gold with a froth head that became a monster. The smell is very citrusy, lemons honey with a hop tone. The taste is impressive, could really feel a balance of apricots, lemon and hops that grabbed hold of my taste buds and wouldn't let go. Feels warm and inviting in the mouth. This has become a staple in the fridge and who would have thought from Coors.

4.38/5  rDev +28.8%

I really love this beer. When I drink one of these I picture myself on the bayou eating some crawdads and corn on the cob on a calm summer night. Ok anyway. This is a good wheat beer. You can get it anytime too which makes this a winner. It comes with a nice white creamy head and had a golden cloudy color. It is nicely carbonated. It has a nice citrus aroma. The flavor is very refreshing with the flavors of the orange peel and coriander giving it a zest and a spicy like aftertaste. It is an easy refreshing drinker.

4.38/5  rDev +28.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Goes best with an orange. My go to wheat beer.

4.38/5  rDev +28.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 5 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Love this beer. One of my favorites!

4.38/5  rDev +28.8%

I wanna say I very much liked this.

4.38/5  rDev +28.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

Great flavor my personal go to.

look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Appearance is a great cloudy almost opaque white, spice and wheat can be seen settling. Smell has hints of orange and lavender, topped with floral notes. Wheat lingers in the background. Taste is citrusy, mostly orange, with creamy and thick wheat settling on the tongue. Micro-bubbles coat the tongue in a very pleasant way. Leaves minimal malt on tongue, and really leaves just a creamy, rich wheaty-powdery taste. Really one of my favorite all around beers. One of the most well balanced, appetizing, and easy to drink and enjoy beers I have ever had. Exceptionally great in spring and summer, but good year round. A.

4.38/5  rDev +28.8%

I've had this beer out of a bottle and on tap, and like most beers, tap is definitely the better option, though it is certainly not bad out of the bottle.

The first time I had this beer a glass that was handed to me containing what I thought was a ridiculously orange looking Shiner Hefeweizen. Murky, orangish color.

As I took a sip the smell and then the taste of the beer hit me, and I was positive I'd discovered something infinitely better than a shiner hefe. Has a citrus oriented smell to it with something else.

Tastes brilliant. The balance between bitterness, sweetness, the fruitiness and the carbonation is spectacular. A tad bit of something resembling orange and something else in there, coming together beautifully.

Fairly drinkable. Not too heavy, not too light, wonderful when its warm out. Understandably, I'm probably incredibly biased because I love this style of beer.

look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Poured from a 12oz brown bottle.

Pours a nice cloudy orange color. Very nice head which has good retention, with some nice lacing. Aroma is of wheat with some orange spice and other spice aromas, not sure if it's the coriander or something else. Has some yeast sediment on the bottom of the bottle, which I like.

Taste is excellent. Nice and crisp and very refreshing with an ok balance between the wheat, orange and coriander flavors. The flavor that came out the most is the coriander, but it's not overwhelming. The orange and wheat is still there, just not as strong. This one has good mouthfeel too. Crisp and clean with moderate carbonation.

Overall a very nice one. Very refreshing and great for summer. Also surprised this is a Coors product.

4.37/5  rDev +28.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

aromas of yeast/bread.....smooth and tasty....very drinkable product from Coors Brewing!

4.37/5  rDev +28.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

Great wheat style beer. Mouthfeel is on the thicker side. Has typical cloudy golden look for the style. Good balance between hops malt and wheat. Hard to drink only one

look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

I always tell the barmaid/bartender to hold the orange and it's good without it. I like it best from the bottle because I've had some funky tasting draft beers. Blue Moon is my current favorite house beer that I keep for friends and I like it as a regular beer and I usually drink it with dinner as it compliments a lot of the foods I like to eat and isn't overpowering or bitter like some IPAs I've had. It's an all-around good beer and it's head and shoulders over a lot of others I've tried. It's got a nice bit of spice, I like the flavor and I like the cloudy wheat beers that I grew accustomed to in Germany.

4.35/5  rDev +27.9%

I read quite a bit about the Blue Moon from BA and was a little curious as another beer of a similar style, Hoegaarden, is one of my session beers or somewhat my getaway beer from my strong tasting dark Belgian Ales and German Eisbocks. Thanks to Kevin who brought back a sixer minus one bottle of the blue moon for me from FL. The Blue Moon pours our a hazy golden, like the Hoegaarden with a 1 inch thick head that quickly reduces to a third of an inch. Smells a bit lemony and
citrusy with a unique floral fruitiness which I kind of like. Some spices including coriander as well as yeast is detected as well. Quite a nose there though the smell could have been stronger. The taste was mainly the floral fruitiness which was in fact practically tasting like a cake or
a pudding with citrus and spices going round as well. It leads to a slightly dry finish which is also where the wheat tastes starts coming in strong; very nice indeed. The body of this witbier is medium probably slightly thicker than the Hoegaarden and it is pretty creamy as well to suit the cake or pudding like taste. Carbonation was at a good level and smoothness on this one is nothing short of great; going down with a creamy smoothness with light tingling carbonation. Great mouthfeel! The after taste was fruity with pears and some apples and maybe grapes, citrusy and also significantly wheaty. On the whole, I can't really say I prefer this or the Hoegaarden; both have their own merits but I like Hoegaarden for the refreshing nature and strength admist lightness
and I like the Blue Moon for the unique bouquet of taste and a great mouthfeel.

4.35/5  rDev +27.9%

I first tried this beer on a break from skiing while in Breckenridge, CO. While I usually avoid macro brews, I have to honestly say that this is the best beer Coors has ever produced. While some may say that this beer is over spiced, I loved the orange/corainder taste of this unique brew. Considering other Belgian whites are 12 bucks a six pack, this is a nice alternative.

4.35/5  rDev +27.9%

Smooth & refreshing. A beer you could happily drink in any weather.

4.35/5  rDev +27.9%

A: poured 3 finger white head. Unfiltered straw to orange color.

S: citrus, orange, cream, malt.

T: delicious balance of creamy heavy mouthfeel wheat, corriander, orange and deliciousness. Easy to chug. Not drink. Chug. I know that's not the goal of this beer but it goes down too easy.

M: full and thick. Really exceptional.

O: Awesome, delicious, easy to drink. Only gripe reduce the amount of orange flavor a bit and price. Since this is a Coors product they should price it accordingly. Otherwise perfect.

4.35/5  rDev +27.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

Always smooth just the right citrus flavor without being overpowering or sweet. No aftertaste.

4.35/5  rDev +27.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.75

As with most wheat beers the texture is fairly plain but the flavor is light and citrus.

4.35/5  rDev +27.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Good..best with fresh orange

4.35/5  rDev +27.9%

This beer does everything you could ask of a Wheat Ale.
It is tasty, refreshing, and an all around good example of the style.

Blue Moon Belgian White from Coors Brewing Company