Blue Moon Belgian White - Coors Brewing Company

good

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Witbier |  5.40% ABV

(Beer added by: kbub6f on 08-15-2001)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Blue Moon Belgian White Alström Bros

1.78/5  rDev -47.5%

I've had this beer before and from what I remembered it was not that good. Since seeing several favorable reviews I thought it merited another try. What I found was that it was actually worse than I remembered. I noticed some weird kind of vegetal smell, kind of like that bunch of parsley you forgot was in the bottom of the veggie drawer in the fridge, and now it's funky ass parsley soup. Sour veggie taste too. Yuk. I promptly dumped this crap into the drain.

1.78/5  rDev -47.5%

Belgian beer is my favorite type of beer, so I thought I would give this a try. The taste didn't remind me at all of any of the qualities I normally like in Belgian beer. It instead has that generic taste of a corporate macro beer. It's possible that this beer might be tolerable in a shandy, but it's just a little bit too bland for me to enjoy on its own.

1.78/5  rDev -47.5%

Taste is overpowered with spices. I can't taste hops or beer. It taste like chicken broth and kitchen spices. Horrible beer. Head is alright and appearance is good, but the taste and drinkability is horrible. Smells similar to the taste... bad. Would not recommend to drink at any time or any season.

1.78/5  rDev -47.5%

left over from my friends moving me in

A-Cloudy golden with a very fluffy white head. Great head, great lacing. good looking beer.

S-Orange zest domintes the nose. It actually smells like frozen concentrated orange juice. I do not get anything else besides that it is so strong.

T_Orange dominates, then some coriander, then some more orange. A tad of bitterness, but it is the bitterness of an orange peel. Nothing else is noticeable to me besides the strong orange and coriander.

M-Watery and mildly carbonated.

D-Blech. I tried to give this a chance, I really did. This is a terrible wit. The other three left over from the six will sit in my firdge until someone else comes over. This is like watered down sunkist with a ateaspoon of coriander put in.

1.8/5  rDev -46.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.5

No sir, I don't like it. I tried a bottle before knowing it was a Coors product or that would have scared me off. It is much lighter than beers that I normally consume. Perhaps this disqualifies my review because I lack the experience, but this is the type of beer that I started to move away from when I became more interested in beer. Better than standard macroswill, but not much.

1.8/5  rDev -46.9%

1.83/5  rDev -46%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Served in straight pint glass. Poured a cloudy yellow color (hello, Coors? this a White ale.) with a thin white head that had decent retention and lacing.

The aroma was very bland and subdued, nothing stood out. The taste had none of the expected Wit flavors and despite a certain tanginess, the flavor was very bland.

The mouthfeel was below average, very little if any joy. The beer was very drinkable in the sense that it slid down the throat without any effort, but it was undrinkable in the sense that there was no enjoyment to be had with this beer. Avoid.

1.85/5  rDev -45.4%

Pours a bright orange color with white highlights, a small pure white head that settles into a ring. The aroma is tough. To me it smells like rotting vegetables with a blast of coriander and orange peel to cover the stench. I dunno it has a creamy funk aroma which I can't explain in words. This is the brew that turned me off to wit beers. The taste is a bit better but still stinks. Creamy orange peel with coriander and heavy white pepper. No malt or real yeast flavors, just a jumble of forced spices. This tastes like a beer that spoiled, should have an expiration date like that of milk. The feel is light but not watery, fairly soft carbonation; finishes sweet and grossly spicy. I hate to bash a brew but this thing has almost everything I hate. This has never tasted right to me, in the top two of just foul brews. This has literally ruined wit biers for me.

1.85/5  rDev -45.4%

From twelve ounce bottle, freshness dated March 26 12.

Pours a cloudy orange/yellow with a thin non-lasting white head. No lacing whatsoever. Aroma is of citrus and damp hay. Taste is vile, drain pour coming up! Too much bitter citrus spice! I have had this on tap once before, and said never again. I gave it another try, bottled this time. It is even worse!

Blue Moon Belgian White from Coors Brewing Company