Blue Moon Belgian White - Coors Brewing Company

Blue Moon Belgian WhiteBlue Moon Belgian White

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Witbier |  5.40% ABV

(Beer added by: kbub6f on 08-15-2001)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Blue Moon Belgian White Alström Bros
Kal

01-31-2014 05:11:41 | More by ricecracker420
PartyBear

United Kingdom (England)

1.5/5  rDev -55.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.5

Appearance: Cloudy straw colour with a big white head. Heavily carbonated.

Aroma: Grainy wheat aromas. Subtle orange, with a citrus twist of lemon.

Taste: Unusual taste. There is a creamy maltiness, in which the oats used in the mix are noticeable. I swear I can taste slightly off milk in there. Really not impressed with the flavours at all.

Mouthfeel: Creamy, fizzy, and not right.

Drinkability: Do not try this, one of the worst things I have tasted for a long time, if not, ever. It doesn't taste like beer. Couldn't actually finish it!

08-28-2009 19:50:12 | More by PartyBear

zachgroves

08-27-2012 17:04:56 | More by zachgroves
bonapartist1

1.53/5  rDev -55%

Very bad for any given beer, and absolutely vile given witbeers are a favorite of mine that I got to when I want a low ABV beer with big character.

Has an unshakable macro-lager taste to it with every goddamn sip. I knew I hated this beer years ago, but I bought a single recently to reassure myself I wasn't being a prick when I shat all over Blue Moon in conversation. Yeah, I wasn't. This is worst witbeer I've ever had in my life. This is produced by a massive soulless corporation, and it shows. Ug. If I wasn't splitting with a friend half would of hit the drain.

Of course, Hoegarrden is now owned by Inbev-Anhauser Busch, so same goes for them - at least their beer is good to quite good despite their altering the original recipe.

09-20-2010 08:00:38 | More by bonapartist1
Olebiker

1.55/5  rDev -54.4%

I started to review Blue Moon after the first time I tried it at a Smokey Bones barbecue restaurant, but I was convinced that I must have just gotten a glass from a bad batch. After trying it a second time I can understand why it is often served with a slice of orange in it. They have to do something to cover up the taste.

Blue Moon looked promising in the glass, but looks are deceiving. It lacked body, even for a witbier. There are much better wheat beers out there.

03-16-2007 16:49:38 | More by Olebiker
tfrench8985

Connecticut

1.58/5  rDev -53.5%

i really didnt think i would like this beer since i first looked at it, pour it into a glass, it had a white body with a thin rice head wich tasted like bue moon didnt put any effort into there product, the smell didnt impress me either, this beer all around just wasnt up to par.

06-22-2008 15:58:55 | More by tfrench8985
BrewMaster

1.58/5  rDev -53.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

I was thoroughly unimpressed by this beer. I had it on tap at Angelino's in a suburb of Chicago. It was served by the bartender with an orange slice which I promptly removed. And until I came to BA today to write my review I had no idea it was a Coors product.

The flavor is disappointing for Witbier. It tastes very citrusy in a fake way. Very unrefined flavor. Distinct flavors, if there are any to be had, are covered up by a slightly skunky taste followed by a blast of citrus. The mouthfeel is pretty thin. The best thing going for this beer is the appearance. It looks great in the glass but otherwise, I recommend you stay away from it.

After I had reluctantly finished the entire glass the bartender poured a second glass of the Blue Moon for me assuming I wanted another. I said "Thanks but not thanks" and moved on to another beer.

08-04-2004 22:13:07 | More by BrewMaster
seanyfo

United Kingdom (Scotland)

1.68/5  rDev -50.6%

Bottle served into stange glass, bought in Blackfriars bar in the Merchant city in glasgow.

A- 3 finger rocky carbonated head, orange cloudy hue, Head reduced quickly with minimal lacing.

S- Cloves and an overwhelming orange note.

T- Lots of orange in the beginning, a faint hint of spice. Faint bready malt in the finish although quick.

M- High carbonation, thin

D- Not refreshing really, all thin and void of complexity with an overwhelming orange syrupy sweet note, making this a pass!

03-05-2009 18:18:37 | More by seanyfo
wordhog61

1.7/5  rDev -50%

My son loves this beer, so I had one tonight and couldn't finish it, tastes awful if you ask me.

A-The head was thin and didn't last long.

S-It smells great when poured, like an orange.

T-From the time it entered my mouth until I swallowed I just did not like the taste, yuck.

M-Yuck.

D-This wasn't for me, sorry.

03-05-2009 00:47:13 | More by wordhog61
MsRif

1.73/5  rDev -49.1%

I've had this on-tap and bottled many times. Pours a hazy yellow with a medium white head. Of course, you must have that orange wedge! No lacing to speak of. Smells of citrus (probably from the orange) and light spices. Some wheat. Tastes like it smells. It's watery...with the high carbonation it almost tastes like seltzer water with alcohol added.

Light bodied and overall, watery. Drinkable because it is so crisp. It has gotten worse lately...used to be better, though still not great. Drinkable, but I wouldn't imbibe in it simply because my taste buds and liver would like to spend their efforts elsewhere.

10-30-2011 22:03:50 | More by MsRif
surlyseth

1.73/5  rDev -49.1%

A: Straw colored. Not so heady, but who cares.

S: Umm...is this a Bud light with a lemon twist?

T: Yuck. This is a macrobrew with some apparent unnatural doctoring.

M: Thin. Watery.

D: I wouldn't want to let this get anywhere close to warm. No thank you on a second one.

09-17-2007 03:32:55 | More by surlyseth