Blue Moon Belgian White - Coors Brewing Company

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Witbier |  5.40% ABV

Beer added by: kbub6f on 08-15-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Blue Moon Belgian White Alström Bros
Ratings: 6,137 | Reviews: 1,653
4.26/5  rDev +25.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

I'm not going to lie, but this is orse!

3.75/5  rDev +10.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3

Well...Well...Well... Again, a beer I've been looking forward to sampling... Started off amazing... Fruity followed by a nutty aftertaste but this became an acquired taste after a few sips... We'll made beer with some strengths but not one I'd chose of Hoegaarden Witbier...

4.5/5  rDev +32.4%

This is my favorite beer, and it is great with orange especially.

4.84/5  rDev +42.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Love this beer so much

3.72/5  rDev +9.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

The number one beer of choice for my in-laws. Dark orange color, white head. Smell is spice, yeast. Coriander. Slight citrus, very subtle. Taste is clean, smooth. Spicy coriander, subtle orange peel, yeasty. Lower side of carbonation. Almost creamy. I like blue moon a lot especially after a couple cheaper beers like PBR. Forget who makes it if hat turns you away. This is a great beer. If it was a little cheaper in my area instead of almost $12 for a sixer, and well over $30 for a case, it would be an every day beer for me. Very enjoyable.

4.5/5  rDev +32.4%

Great beer for a wheat beer.

4.07/5  rDev +19.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4

For a beer I can find anywhere and everywhere in the Midwest, pretty damn good.

3.43/5  rDev +0.9%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Bottle poured into a BarrelHouse Brewing Co pint glass

A: Pours slightly hazy golden straw with a fizzy off white head that disappears quickly.

S: Fruity, light citrus, a hint of spice, and malt sweetness.

T: Fruity, apple, light citrus, coriander spice, a little corn, and malt sweetness.

M: Light body, moderate carbonation. Pretty drinkable.

O: Not bad. With a slice of orange it would make a pretty refreshing summer brew.

3.4/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

a good cheap americanized witbier

4.5/5  rDev +32.4%

Overall one of my favorites.

3.41/5  rDev +0.3%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

I used to drink this a lot before I got into craft. I had it on a whim for ole times sake. Truly not bad for a macro. It is refreshing and I would not turn it down on a hot summer day. However, it's attempt at orange fruitiness, although somewhat tasty, nevertheless has too much of an orange soda flavor to it. Like I said, I would not turn it down, but with all the other great brews I have yet to try, I will not seek this one out.

4.25/5  rDev +25%

Not much words in this one besides the fact that it is simply great.

4.8/5  rDev +41.2%

This is a great beer. My favorite beer of all time. This beer is great with an orange wedge. Best beer ever!

4.48/5  rDev +31.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

I like this beer a lot. If you add an orange to it, it makes it even better.

3.73/5  rDev +9.7%

A light beer with some citrus flavors in it. Was served to me with an orange slice, which complimented it nicely. Not the greatest beer I've had, but it was an enjoyable experience.

3.82/5  rDev +12.4%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

This is the perfect beer for beginners who want to get into "real" beer. A gateway beer, if you will.

3.66/5  rDev +7.6%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 4.5

My go to beer. Nothing wrong with it.

4.45/5  rDev +30.9%

Cloudy and Golden, Orange Smelling, Citrusy with Light carbonation, Creamy finish.

3.85/5  rDev +13.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

I'm wondering why is the score of this beer so low.
It's a really good witbier, of an opaque ocher/orange color and a nice creamy foam.
Has strong papaya tones in the head, with some bananas and spices. When the foam turns into a lace, the smell gets more into the orange, oat and coriandes tones - all ingredients of this beer.
Taste is buttery and has a lot of oats in the end.
Nice body and carbonation, bitterness should be higher in my opinion.

4.37/5  rDev +28.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

Great wheat style beer. Mouthfeel is on the thicker side. Has typical cloudy golden look for the style. Good balance between hops malt and wheat. Hard to drink only one

3.2/5  rDev -5.9%
look: 4 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

A: [4.00] Hazy straw colored brew. Forms a small head of dense white bubbles. The head is gone quickly leaving a thin white layer on top. The bottle has a best by date of (May 11, 2015). The bottle also lists the ABV (5.4%).

S: [2.75] I am only getting a hint of a sweet corn smell. I may have to wait for it to warm - but on a fresh pour there is very little aroma.

T: [3.25] Some apple juice flavors and then sweet corn. It has a mild taste.

M: [3.50] Low carbonation and the feel is less watery than I expected.

O: [3.25] Full disclosure - I thought I had this a long time ago and didn't like it - so I have always avoided it. That being said, I was wrong. This is a decent beer. Nothing spectacular - but I don't actively dislike it. The flavors are muted and come across as a sweet corn taste. I thought there was Belgian yeast or wheat flavor but I am getting none of that. I owe Blue Moon and apology. Sorry. (There I said it).

3.74/5  rDev +10%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

This was my first "craft" (non-lite pilsner) beer and I've had over a hundred of these but have just now gotten around to reviewing it.

A - Super cloudy golden. Full white head that doesn't subside quickly. Strong lacing until the last drink. Just like a Belgian white should look like

S - Initially sweet grainy character with some fruity, tart esters from the Belgian Wit yeast. No alcohol or hops but smells good and unoffensive.

T - Flavor is similar to the smell but the lightly-tart orange fruit character blends nicely with the sweet bready, grainy character of the wheat. There is some of the typical Belgian spice character but it is very muted compared to some of the Belgian beers I've tasted in the past.

M - Light mouth-feel. Moderate carbonation. This is really a great summer beer. Light, with some flavor, and just a touch of sweetness.

Overall, this is a great summer brew when it's too hot for a heavier beer. I have enjoyed this beer time and time again with friends and fun as I'm sure all have at one point. If your friends are still craft beer virgins then this is a baby crawl into the field that lies to greatness. If it wasn't for Blue Moon I'm not sure I would have tried so many amazing beers at this point in my career.

Glass- Stein with an orange slice

3.98/5  rDev +17.1%
look: 4.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Crisp and golden. Swell of wheat and oranges. Has to be one of the best American Belgians other than Shiner and Flying Dog.

Buy a real heff. This has been terrible since it was bought by Coors.

4.26/5  rDev +25.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Favourite beer to buy, and safest option when undecided about what to get.

Blue Moon Belgian White from Coors Brewing Company