Blue Moon Belgian White | Coors Brewing Company

YOUR RATING = None |
good
Read the review
3.4

Blue Moon Belgian WhiteBlue Moon Belgian White

Coors Brewing Company
Colorado, United States | website

Style: Witbier

Added by kbub6f on 08-15-2001

Reviews: 1,589 | Ratings: 6,590
3.57/5  rDev +5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.5

Appearance - cloudy a bit darker than white. Aroma- some banana, some other vague fruit. Taste - Also non specific fruits , a pleasantly sweet finish. Mouthfeel is good. There are better witbiers for no more $, but this is a not unpleasant choice.

2.61/5  rDev -23.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

Pours a hazy yellow, straw color with a finger of head. Sad looking lacing betrays large bubble structure, which brings down the 4 I was going to give the look. Smell is sharp citrus, orange and a little lemony. Not much else comes through. I really don't like the smell. Much better than the smell. Starts off with the sharp citrus but lends itself to a nice grainy tone. Both flavors fade together. Not very complex, but not bad. Feels chewier than expected, a little too sticky for the style, maybe. Pretty much an OK beer. I'd rather drink a straight Budweiser, though, I think.

4.01/5  rDev +17.9%

Entirely drinkable, and I normally don't like fruit-flavoured beers. Great "gateway beer" for lager drinkers!

Smooth and only slightly fruity. Wish it wasn't so clearly marketed towards women, but so it goes.

Look: Golden Haze.
Smell: Grainy, Earthy.
Taste: More like an orange peel on intake, nice orange taste as aftertaste.
Feel: A little gritty but not bad.
Overall: I rated this a 3 across the board. Nothing I hate, nothing I love. Aftertaste is a little better than the taste while it's in your mouth. I tasted orange when drinking, but didn't smell citrus that much in the smell???

3.33/5  rDev -2.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

There are a lot of better witbiers out there. That being said you do a lot worse taste wise than blue moon. Good choice when the beer selection is very limited.

3.18/5  rDev -6.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3.25

Tried and true. A lot of these reviews are far too negative or positive. It's a good tasting beer that is light and easy to drink. Nothing more, nothing less.

4.24/5  rDev +24.7%

This is my go to domestic, bothers me that it's not considered as such in most bars. Good flavor, little after taste. Have to understand that it's a sour beer. Don't let the snobs talk you out of trying it.

2.92/5  rDev -14.1%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 2.75

Brownish straw in color. The flavor profile is surprisingly decent and the body was reasonably hearty for the style.

Still, not something I'd recommend.

4.97/5  rDev +46.2%

Look: Very Orange-y color
Smell: orange
Taste: orange, deliciously crisp citrus flavors, light
Aftertaste: orange stays with you for a bit
Overall: I absolutely love this beer, no matter what season it just reminds me of late summer/early fall. absolutely my favorite- tastes better from the tap

3.76/5  rDev +10.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.5

A family friend had me try one and left a six pack at the house. Ill be honest, I'm not really into heavy beers. I like a beer that will go down like water. To me, blue moon has a weird viscosity and tastes like stale cerceal. I wouldn't buy it but i'd definitely drink it if someone handed me one.

4.78/5  rDev +40.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Beer snobs will always hate that which is mass produced. Yet Blue Moon never disapoints. I've tried numerous Witbiers over the past 12 months, but I always find my way back to Blue Moon.
Good starting place for the uninitiated.

2.93/5  rDev -13.8%

Drank from the bottle, so I can't comment on the look.
Smelled of your average beer, similar to a lager, maybe a little skunky.
Tasted like an average beer, maybe slightly better, didn't taste much if any citrus flavor or spice flavor, reminded me of an average cheap beer, maybe more tolerable. Went down smooth enough. Wouldn't mind drinking this again sometime.

Average beer taste, only a little better than the cheaper brands.

2.5/5  rDev -26.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

It smells and tastes like celery to me. Yes, I realize that sounds crazy, but I can't get over that when I drink it. I also personally dislike fruit added to my beer (the orange in this case).

I wasn't a fan, although I can see that others didn't mind as much. you do get some of those witbier flavors and aromas, decent feel, but falls into that category of beers I'm not going back to.

3.75/5  rDev +10.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

When it comes to a Witbier style, this is one of the best everyday beers. Consistent and available everywhere. My go to beer when my only other options are the standard domestics.

4.25/5  rDev +25%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

After trying tons of both domestic and imported craft beers, this is one of my favorite go to beers at family outtings, BBQ's, if the restaurant doesn't offer a big beer selection or if I don't feel like going out of my way to find craft beers. This is the beer I can depend on when i'm running low on beers at a gathering, the local gas station or super market will always carry Bluemoon.

3.48/5  rDev +2.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

Color was very foggy orange-amber. Smelled much like the color, orange, and citrusy. Tasted smooth with orange, citrus, and wheat. Feel was light but bubbly. Overall not a bad beer. Better then expected. Enjoy with a orange slice on the rim.

3.86/5  rDev +13.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 4

I like this beer in the summer. Throw in an orange with the Belgian White and you have yourself a wonderful treat. Nice white foam from the tap. Drinking out of the bottle is great too, just keep it nice and cold! Summer time is great with a Blue Moon!

4.24/5  rDev +24.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Love this beer. Very nice flavor. Perfect summer beer. I think of this as a vacation beer because it's always available wherever I happen to travel. This flavor is tied to pleasant nostalgia for me.

3.75/5  rDev +10.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3

Well...Well...Well... Again, a beer I've been looking forward to sampling... Started off amazing... Fruity followed by a nutty aftertaste but this became an acquired taste after a few sips... We'll made beer with some strengths but not one I'd chose of Hoegaarden Witbier...

3.72/5  rDev +9.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

The number one beer of choice for my in-laws. Dark orange color, white head. Smell is spice, yeast. Coriander. Slight citrus, very subtle. Taste is clean, smooth. Spicy coriander, subtle orange peel, yeasty. Lower side of carbonation. Almost creamy. I like blue moon a lot especially after a couple cheaper beers like PBR. Forget who makes it if hat turns you away. This is a great beer. If it was a little cheaper in my area instead of almost $12 for a sixer, and well over $30 for a case, it would be an every day beer for me. Very enjoyable.

3.43/5  rDev +0.9%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Bottle poured into a BarrelHouse Brewing Co pint glass

A: Pours slightly hazy golden straw with a fizzy off white head that disappears quickly.

S: Fruity, light citrus, a hint of spice, and malt sweetness.

T: Fruity, apple, light citrus, coriander spice, a little corn, and malt sweetness.

M: Light body, moderate carbonation. Pretty drinkable.

O: Not bad. With a slice of orange it would make a pretty refreshing summer brew.

3.41/5  rDev +0.3%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

I used to drink this a lot before I got into craft. I had it on a whim for ole times sake. Truly not bad for a macro. It is refreshing and I would not turn it down on a hot summer day. However, it's attempt at orange fruitiness, although somewhat tasty, nevertheless has too much of an orange soda flavor to it. Like I said, I would not turn it down, but with all the other great brews I have yet to try, I will not seek this one out.

3.73/5  rDev +9.7%

A light beer with some citrus flavors in it. Was served to me with an orange slice, which complimented it nicely. Not the greatest beer I've had, but it was an enjoyable experience.

3.85/5  rDev +13.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

I'm wondering why is the score of this beer so low.
It's a really good witbier, of an opaque ocher/orange color and a nice creamy foam.
Has strong papaya tones in the head, with some bananas and spices. When the foam turns into a lace, the smell gets more into the orange, oat and coriandes tones - all ingredients of this beer.
Taste is buttery and has a lot of oats in the end.
Nice body and carbonation, bitterness should be higher in my opinion.

Blue Moon Belgian White from Coors Brewing Company