Coors - Coors Brewing Company

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-17-2001

to view more.
Ratings: 2,494 | Reviews: 677
4.33/5  rDev +69.1%

A perfect beer for what it is. Nice flavor and easy refreshing reliable stand-by. Sometimes I don't want to roll the dice after I'm done cutting the grass.

2.59/5  rDev +1.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

Think it is a very watery beer, not much flavor

1.36/5  rDev -46.9%

There is no nose. The taste is barely there except for some sweetness followed by the slightest bitterness.

1.2/5  rDev -53.1%

Too sweet, too carbonated, watered down, and contains typical crappy corn adjuncts, bleh!

I remember Coors not selling this beer east of the Mississippi River. I had my first one in 1973 when in Colorado and thought, why all the fuss. I started brewing beer in 1985 and began to appreciate how well made this beer is. Nice hop malt balance and you can taste the malt on the finish. A clean light beer, something that is harder to brew then the ales and lagers with higher gravities and more hops. There is no hiding flavors here. A great work of brewers art.

2.3/5  rDev -10.2%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2.75

Like the Miller high life for course. Better than Coors light but still a cheap watered down beer

3.64/5  rDev +42.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.75

This is one of my favorite AAL's and one of my go-to's when not drinking craft brews. Very refreshing, Much better than its light counterpart.

4.8/5  rDev +87.5%

One of the top brews in my favorite category - the American Adjunct Lager. Tastes great cold out of a bottle on a hot summer day at the ballpark or cutting the lawn. You can't go wrong with the Banquet!

1.12/5  rDev -56.3%

Looks good but that's about it.

One of my go to beers

1.81/5  rDev -29.3%

The only slop I'll swill

I remember when you couldn't buy this in most states in the country. What a disappointment when I had my first one.

whatever. sweet fizzy water. not into it.

Had to rate this one all 5's. Just trying to balance all the ignorant reviews. Half of the guys on those site don't really have a good palate, don't drink much, don't live in beer towns like I do. Durango, Colorado. I drink more craft beer brewed in my town than 90% of these "bros" and reviewers. Half you morons are saying Miller high lige and PBR are better. That's laughable. This beer is decent for the price. Decent flavors. Def. Can tell its made with decent quality barley malts, grains, and hops. Better than PBR, Busch, any miller, bud, and all the other american adjuncts. Keep drinking your Milwaukee's best "bros" . I'm sure that's a craft beer in your minds.

2.81/5  rDev +9.8%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 3

I'm used to Coor's Light until I was introduced to classic Coors. Not a bad beer, I don't recommend it compared to any other beer, but definitely take this over Coors Light!

3.2/5  rDev +25%
look: 4 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Solid beer but leaves a filmy/grainy feel to me.

3.08/5  rDev +20.3%

pretty good brew. Recommend it

3.12/5  rDev +21.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

A smooth beer with a nice clear appearance. This is an easy inoffensive brew that will do when required

1.79/5  rDev -30.1%
look: 2 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.75

A decent beer if you are just hanging with some buds.

3.19/5  rDev +24.6%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Good with a few sunflower seeds at a hot baseball game.

3.5/5  rDev +36.7%

Poured from a 12 OZ "stubby" into a pint glass.
Aroma- Has that AAL smell of grain and corn. This to me is not awful but just common.
Appearance- Pours a golden yellow, a pun from the beer from "Golden, CO."
Taste- Not bad, i haven't had this beer in decades and it was very refreshing.
Palate- A light bodied beer with moderate to heavy carbonation. It finishes clean and smooth.
Overall- This is a macro, but a really good macro to me. I prefer this beer in bottles and i hear quite often the cans have a metallic aftertaste. Try a bottle and see what you think.

Love the taste and easy to drink if you want to get drunk

4.23/5  rDev +65.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

After a few years of pine, tropical fruits, weedy, roasted cocoa, bourbon, vanilla, smoke---I think you catch my drift--- today I just wanted a freakin...beer.
Now why choose Coors Banquet, I dunno, but I've been there a number of years ago so what the heck.
What I love about this beer is that no adjunct here. What I'm getting is barley, yeast and malt, simplicity. Not a beer you want warming up though.
This works for me.

2.22/5  rDev -13.3%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

Poured two fingers frothy head, fair retention and some spotty lacing. Head maintains a film all the way down. Very light golden color, very clear. Light banana aroma, not picking up much else. Not very flavorful. Tastes like a decent balance of sugar and bitterness. Also tasting banana, but not much else. Very straightforward, much expected from a large brewery. Feels watery, and lacks any grit or tack. Almost oily quality. Overall, easy to drink, but lacking in complexity. I like to keep some in fridge for when I want to catch a buzz, but can no longer appreciate a more decent beer. Boo for use of GMO corn, but can't expect much else from cheap beer. At least it doesn't give me a headache like other macrobrews.

4.87/5  rDev +90.2%

This is one of my favorites. It's light, refreshing and tastes like a good beer. It's not overpriced. I just Coors would push it more around here, Philadelphia. It isn't commonly found in bars and restaurants. Coors Light is literally everywhere.

to view more.