Coors - Coors Brewing Company

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  5.00% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-17-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Coors Alström Bros
Ratings: 2,551 | Reviews: 699
4.5/5  rDev +75.8%

Good light beer. Nothing off putting or weird about the taste

3.96/5  rDev +54.7%

Pours golden straw in color, white head, decent lacing, crisp malt flavor, subtle bittering from the hops, and clean lager flavor. This is an American lager and it tastes exactly like an american lager should taste. Light, crisp, refreshing, consistent.

I've Had Worse, Nice Beer for Golf, Camping, or Yard Work.

2.61/5  rDev +2%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 2.5

Picked up an aluminum pint at my nearest gas station. Best by date states it's good for another couple of months. Poured right from the fridge into a pint glass.

L: Pours a clear apple juice/golden straw color with about a half-inch of white head that dissipates quickly and leaves no lacing on the glass. Moderate visible carbonation.

S: Almost nothing in the nose. If I really strain, I can get a little bit of bready malt.

T: Hate to say it, but the taste follows the nose pretty closely: there's isn't much of a flavor profile to speak of. The tongue registers sweet at the front, but it's a very diffuse flavor--maybe some malt, maybe some corn, maybe some rice. The middle has a building of the sweet, but this rings more of the adjunct ingredients, predominantly corn. The back end has just a bit of tartness and a bit more of the sweet. The aftertaste might have just the tiniest hint of bitter.

F: Light-bodied, moderately effervescent, and fairly clean-finishing.

O: If I'm looking for a beer to cool me off and quench my thirst, this one would do just fine. Other than that, I can't say much about it because there really isn't a whole lot there to experience.

2.88/5  rDev +12.5%

I get why people hate this beer. Truth is I used to as well. I'm not sure if it is just getting older or having tried every beer under the sun it seems like in the last 10 years and just getting palate fatigue, but I drink the heck out of this stuff these days.

While I still love stouts, porters, IPAs, trappists, and a myriad of other beers, sometimes I just want something cheap and simple. I reach for Coors for the same reason I reach for a good cheeseburger - I'm not looking for craft or to have my mind blown. I'm just looking to suck down something familiar and unwind a little.

Additionally, I'm not a fan of light beers, but I have had to become a hair more conscious of the calories stacking up as my 30s press on. My days of downing a four pack of Dogfish Head 90 minute and the subsequent 1200 calories are a bit behind me. Unfortunately, the American craft word is cuckoo for IPAs still, and while there are some good things going on with lagers and session ales, they are few and far between still at the local megamart. Seriously - I can walk across the street to HEB and find probably 20 different craft IPAs but not much in the way of lagers aside from the usual macros. Luckily, more session IPAs seem to be coming to market, but even so, sometimes I just want that white-bread-hint-of-mold drinkability of an adjunct lager. In my opinion, Coors does that better than anybody. Better than Budweiser, and don't even get me started on High Life.

And if you hate that, I get you and probably can't argue any of your points away. Coors is a Wendy's cheeseburger, a Clive Cussler novel, as summer blockbuster, or a Katy Perry single - not exactly high art. However, I contend sometimes you don't want high art. Sometimes you want mindless entertainment; sometimes you just want something cold and familiar.

3.65/5  rDev +42.6%

This beer is the quintessential "session" beer. Good taste, cheap as hell, and easily accessible. The only thing bad about Banquet, is the reputation it's gotten (based only on price...in my opinion).

2.69/5  rDev +5.1%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

It was alright for what it is I suppose. I think I like Budweiser quite a bit better though.

I don't mind this beer for an AAL. I wouldn't choose it for a last meal or anything, but it's not bad for the price. I didn't say its good, either, though.

2.15/5  rDev -16%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

Very clear, quickly dissipating head. Smells of sweet apples. Little bit of grainy flavor similar to a Grain belt but not as pronounced. Creamier mouthfeel compared to other American Lagers.

1.58/5  rDev -38.3%

Tastes like nails and animal fat.

3.12/5  rDev +21.9%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3.25

One of the very best old school macros.

1.28/5  rDev -50%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.25

Coors products in general are horrible!

2.09/5  rDev -18.4%

I like it a lot.

1.83/5  rDev -28.5%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.75

It is what it is. Get it really cold and it will certainly do on a hot summer day.

1.34/5  rDev -47.7%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.25

I am tired of being forced to write reviews.

My Dad always said was upholding a lifelong boycott ever since 1966... guess it wasn't only about the racism.

3.97/5  rDev +55.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Like Coors light, but actually good. One of the heavier macros in my opinion. But heavy is good, or at least I think. Me likey.

2.05/5  rDev -19.9%
look: 2 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.25

Good party beer, i prefer it over any macro beer. But of coarse this will never come close to a real beer like a dogfish head or a founder's

4.05/5  rDev +58.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Great everyday beer. It is what it is and it does it very well.

3.05/5  rDev +19.1%

12oz throwback bottles consumed yesterday while painting.
Pale yellow decent head. Grainy corny with a hint of sweetness. Easy to drink a bit watery, but did the trick.

4.33/5  rDev +69.1%

A perfect beer for what it is. Nice flavor and easy refreshing reliable stand-by. Sometimes I don't want to roll the dice after I'm done cutting the grass.

2.59/5  rDev +1.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

Think it is a very watery beer, not much flavor

1.36/5  rDev -46.9%

There is no nose. The taste is barely there except for some sweetness followed by the slightest bitterness.

1.2/5  rDev -53.1%

Too sweet, too carbonated, watered down, and contains typical crappy corn adjuncts, bleh!

I remember Coors not selling this beer east of the Mississippi River. I had my first one in 1973 when in Colorado and thought, why all the fuss. I started brewing beer in 1985 and began to appreciate how well made this beer is. Nice hop malt balance and you can taste the malt on the finish. A clean light beer, something that is harder to brew then the ales and lagers with higher gravities and more hops. There is no hiding flavors here. A great work of brewers art.

2.3/5  rDev -10.2%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2.75

Like the Miller high life for course. Better than Coors light but still a cheap watered down beer

Coors from Coors Brewing Company