Coors - Coors Brewing Company

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  5.00% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-17-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Coors Alström Bros
Reviews: 657 | Hads: 2,638

Had to rate this one all 5's. Just trying to balance all the ignorant reviews. Half of the guys on those site don't really have a good palate, don't drink much, don't live in beer towns like I do. Durango, Colorado. I drink more craft beer brewed in my town than 90% of these "bros" and reviewers. Half you morons are saying Miller high lige and PBR are better. That's laughable. This beer is decent for the price. Decent flavors. Def. Can tell its made with decent quality barley malts, grains, and hops. Better than PBR, Busch, any miller, bud, and all the other american adjuncts. Keep drinking your Milwaukee's best "bros" . I'm sure that's a craft beer in your minds.

.Coors Banquet is the by far best of the big three. It has a full, well rounded flavor. I would highly recommend this to anyone,. I do enjoy craft beers but this is not a craft beer, but I like it. Why ? It is available any where were I live, no offensive flavors or aftertaste and price.. It solid' American adjunct lager beer with very high drinkability.

I didn't drink Coors for several years but recently have been buying it more. It seems to have a cleaner crisper taste than I recall from years ago. I prefer the wide, vented drinking hole in the can, and the can fits my hand better than Budweiser..if you haven't tried it in a while, I recommend it. The mountains on the can are blue gray when cold and turn white as the beer disappears. How cool is that? Great beer.

I guess I am just a lover of coors. Best AAL in my opinion drink these all the time. Tastes stronger than the light version . It's refreshing at the pay lake and always something I keep around. I love the taste of this I enjoy these. Good refreshing beer.

Still rate this a 5. As my tastes expanded for the style this is solid. its a delicious beer, for any situation. everyday drinking beer. Its yellow, with some lacing on the glass, (Poured into frosted mug from freezer) Taste when ice cold is like heaven on a hot day. Its a sweet malt flavor upfront, with some corn, and as a guy mentioned, grassy. Its a grassy hop flavor. Over all a nice strong fullbodied AAL. Would drink it again. all the coors AALs are my standby cheap lagers for parties. This is a good brew for easy everyday drinking. Has a special place for me, as my uncle used to drink this.Smell is kind of corn and cereal grain . is good.

Screw all the bad reviews by the beer snobs....Coors Banquet is my favorite beer by far....I can't find anything bad to say about this beer at all. The smoothest, most crisp and most enjoyable beer in the world plain and simple. Glad to live on the U.S. border so this fine beer is available to me at all times... Lots of bad American beers... Coors Banquet is an exception.

4.9/5  rDev +82.8%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 5

Coors Banquet is my favorite all-time beer. Nothing goes down as smooth as a yellow belly. It was the first beer I really drank, a family favorite. I always have some in my fridge. Though I love craft beers a great deal, Coors Banquet is always my pick for camping, Steeler games at home or tailgating, and home consumption. There is something in that malty refreshment, almost always in a can, that I truly love.

Banquet seems to be better in a can, perhaps the aluminum does something to the brew itself. I won't pour it into a glass, as the maximum flavor comes out of the awesome can. Coors is also something I can drink several of, without the negative after-effects.

An all-American, 5% abv, tried and true wonder, Coors Banquet is my flagship, east or west of the Rockies.

4.87/5  rDev +81.7%

This is one of my favorites. It's light, refreshing and tastes like a good beer. It's not overpriced. I just Coors would push it more around here, Philadelphia. It isn't commonly found in bars and restaurants. Coors Light is literally everywhere.

4.8/5  rDev +79.1%

I don't know why Coors "Banquet" has such a low rating. i love this stuff. It's so easy drinking, tastes good. Perfect beer for a BBQ or hanging out. Coors has been a fixture for my NFL sundays for years. Go Seahawks...and go Coors!! Good Stuff!

4.8/5  rDev +79.1%

One of the top brews in my favorite category - the American Adjunct Lager. Tastes great cold out of a bottle on a hot summer day at the ballpark or cutting the lawn. You can't go wrong with the Banquet!

4.76/5  rDev +77.6%

Keeping old school, this is a fantastic beer worthy of more praise than it gets. Great job Coors on brewing a single beer perfectly. Please don't change this beer, You can't miss with perfection like this! People on this site only give good scores to the "little guy" give credit when its due!

Smell, taste, and appearance sum up to be a beautiful thing! Looks wonderful love the labeling wish more places around here (Florida) would have it on tap.

4.61/5  rDev +72%

I love this beer the way it used to be made. Could drink it all night long. Doesn't even compare to most cheap beers in its class. If your starved for cash this stuff won't let you down. And If but the throwback 1939 bottles you won't even have to talk to the hot women, they will talk to you!

4.5/5  rDev +67.9%

The Banquet Beer from Golden, Colorado.
I like this beer a whole heck of a lot. It's always a toss up for me to get either a bunch of Coors or a bunch of Bud. I get excited when it is available at a bar on the east coast which is kinda tough even though Coors Light is usually available everywhere. The stubby bottles are great but I often get 30 packs of the cans. The only downfall when drinking this wonderful beer is that I fart more than beloved Budweiser. Go getcha' some Coors!

4.46/5  rDev +66.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

I consider Coors Banquet beer a go-to beer that I always keep in the fridge. Its cheap, refreshing, and very tasty. I've had Coors in the glass bottle, aluminum bottle, and aluminum can. For whatever reason I prefer the can since the metallic properties of the aluminum blend well with the Coors recipe. Along with the aluminum bottle is a bit more expensive around my area.
Anyways Coors doesn't look like anything special when poured into a glass or my glass boot replica from beerfest. A pale yellowish color shared by many lagers and pilsners. It has a nice white foamy head to it if poured right.
Smellwise it has a faint smell of barley and something that's well balanced that I can't quite put my finger on. To say the least I have smelled much worse beers out there.
For taste I had a love/hate relationship at first. To me it had an odd aftertaste to it which was unique. Nowadays though Coors has a very refreshing taste to me. Not much sounds better to me than popping a cold Coors after a long day of work. In the mouth it its very balanced and refreshing. Overall Coors Banquet beer is in my top 10 and will probably always be my go-to beer for years to come.

4.39/5  rDev +63.8%

I don't know why I avoided the banquet beer for so long. This is the smoothest american macro of the bunch. Great taste, goes down easy, and has a pleasant aftertaste. Maybe Coors is on to something with this one.....this is a great goto beer.

4.35/5  rDev +62.3%

This is from the Commemorative #3 1980 12oz can, poured into a glass mug. Good until July 8, 2013.
This is my first time tasting Coors "Banquet" Beer.

A- Clear yellow with a one finger head that fizzles away to a very thin soapy head. Bubbles are streaming up. It looks alright for an AAL. Surprisingly leaves some lacing.

S- Corn, grains, mineral water. No bad smells.

T- Light corn taste, some maltiness, grainy. No bitterness, but there's just a teeny tiny hint of a hop towards the end. The taste doesn't linger. It's a good taste.

M- Light, thin, watery. No too much carbonation.

Drinkability- Extremely drinkable.

O- Overall, this is a great smooth AAL. Very refreshing and tastes quite good. I will be buying more of Coors. I just became a fan of this beer.

4.35/5  rDev +62.3%

A - Looked good.

S - Smelled good.

T - Good balanced beer. Now I know why they call it "Colorado Kool-Aid". No bitter or bad aftertaste.

M - Very good.

D - This one will be a regular in the beer fridge. This and Pabst are the best of the macros, and they do not disappoint.

4.33/5  rDev +61.6%

A perfect beer for what it is. Nice flavor and easy refreshing reliable stand-by. Sometimes I don't want to roll the dice after I'm done cutting the grass.

4.23/5  rDev +57.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

After a few years of pine, tropical fruits, weedy, roasted cocoa, bourbon, vanilla, smoke---I think you catch my drift--- today I just wanted a freakin...beer.
Now why choose Coors Banquet, I dunno, but I've been there a number of years ago so what the heck.
What I love about this beer is that no adjunct here. What I'm getting is barley, yeast and malt, simplicity. Not a beer you want warming up though.
This works for me.

4.23/5  rDev +57.8%

This is my favorite beer. I understand that some others might not like it, but I feel Coors has a rich, creamy flavor and is a perfect compliment to food (hence, "Banquet Beer"). I love the way Coors goes down, and is incredibly drinkable. I like craft beer as well, but this is the king of macrobrews in my opinion.

4.18/5  rDev +56%

A solid offering from the Coors Brewing Company. Coors Banquet is the best of the big three. It has a full, well rounded flavor. I would highly recommend this to anyone, as it is a cut above Bud or Miller. I enjoy craft beer and have a palate for extreme flavors, and this obviously is not a craft beer or anything extreme in terms of flavor, but I like it. This is an American adjunct lager, but it has a solid flavor and body. Much better than it's light sister beer. It definitely has much more character and dare I say, complexity, than similar style 'full flavor' American adjunct lager beers.

4.06/5  rDev +51.5%

I don't buy this a lot because I feel it's overpriced. It's like $10.47 or more for a 12 pack. Pabst and Miller are 2 bux less.

appearance: i drink from a can. always. :)
smell: corn. i think? it's like (miller) high life. ;)
taste: super smooth! i'm not sure if i read it here but i'm pretty sure a woman said it but they said, "this is the way i imagine beer to taste." or something like that! i agree!! it's good.
mouthfeel: standard macro lager. i drink way too much of the stuff. it's cheap. oh well.
drinkability: good.

i got this in a six 16 oz. pack for $4.47 at Wal-Mart at Fishers Landing in Vancouver, Washington. It was the only one they had. There was no price sticker on the shelf for the beer so i went to a machine to check the price. very good deal for Coors! 8 beers w/ the 16 oz. can "tall boy" size. i was impressed. never seen a "tall boy" sixer of Coors before.

This beer is best cold. Such a creamy, silky flavor. Macro or not.. I DIG IT!!

if you know someone who doesn't like beer i guarantee they'd be able to drink this. great stuff. just make it 2-3$ less expensive and i'd buy it MORE.

p.s. bottle and can taste the exact same!

p.p.s. rating really has nothing to do with my enjoyment of this wonderful beer. just marking the numbers the way they ought to be done per review. :)

4.05/5  rDev +51.1%

Coors aka Coors Banquet brewed by Coors Brewing Company. This brew has an abv of 5.0. The brew pours out a nice golden color with a thick white head. To me this is how brew should look. It is not to light in color and not to dark. The smell rich with flavor, also smells like beer. The taste is rich and smooth. There is nothing bad about this brew. Coors has a nice clean finish. This brew has a real nice balance to taste and smoothness. There is nothing overpowering in this brew. Coors is a good drinking brew, and a classy brew at that. This is how beer should be. Not overly light and not so alcohol taste that you can not enjoy the brew. Over all I'm giving Coors a 4.25 out of 5.

4.05/5  rDev +51.1%

This beer has an extremely light golden color, much like I would expect from a chardonnay style wine. I only make this comparison because just last night I had some out of the same glass. The head is white, thin, and short lived.

Smells lightly of malt and rice...grainy and breadlike (of course). Very slight grassy hops. Lightly sweet.

Carbonation is medium, maybe a little more. Body is very light, almost to the point of being watery but not quite.

Taste is of light grain and rice. Nothing offensive, nothing special. Finish is clean and watery.

September 18th is printed on the bottle, which I am assuming is the best by date. Because there is nothing bad about this beer and it is to style, it gets a good rating.

Coors banquet is one of my favorite adjunct lagers. The appearance is golden colored with soapy, fizzy head--after the initial pour the head disappears but find it much less carbonated than other macros. Smell is slight lemon/banana and sweet grains, taste is sweet grains and very mild hops. To me the adjunct taste is rice, not corn dominant. Mouthfeel is creamy and refreshing, you can drink these all day long.

Coors from Coors Brewing Company