Coors - Coors Brewing Company

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  5.00% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-17-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Coors Alström Bros
Ratings: 2,550 | Reviews: 699

When poured from the 'Banquet' bottle, the foam was smooth and creamy. The color was a light watered down yellow with alot of carbonation. The smell was semi-skunky, with hints of wheat and hops. The taste was of a watered down version of your typical pils, but with no real taste. Mouthfeel - light-bodied, crisp and very carbonated. Drinkability - has a 'no taste' value and the longer it takes to drink it, it tastes even worse.

Complete garbage

Beer flavored water. Period. Absolutely mystified how this brand gets any traction at all. Was a western regional beer when I was growing up. I remember when it first became available in the Midwest and how people were lining up to get some.

Tasted my first one! (WTF?) This is beer? Really? I taste more of the Colorado river where this water came from than the beer itself.

Nothing. No body, precious little flavor. Highly worthless beer. Would never buy, (Don't get me started on Coors Light.)

Just a terrible beer all around. The smell taste, appearance are all horrible. I drank one of these when offered by a friend just to be polite, but inside I was not pleased. Gross for lack of a better word. Very cheaply crafted and a disgrace to good beer.

hands down the worst choice in the isle

Straight up water... an all time classic.

1.03/5  rDev -59.8%

Fizzy gold color. Small head. Aroma is slightly of corn and grain. I will admit my beer snobbery here and admit I only drank this stuff because, it was free and it was the best beer available. I am also sure that there are picture, suitable for blackmail, which will circulate of me drinking this stuff. Enough said, on with the review. Typical fizzy yellow beer flavor. Malts and hops are all but non-existent. Corn and a vegetable flavor are evident. Its much better ICE cold, as the objectionable flavors are not as evident as when it warms up. Vegetable, medical and corn YUCH!! Mouthfeel is thin. Finish is crisp and clean. Aftertaste is neutral.

1.1/5  rDev -57%

A: Looks like liquid waste mixed with water.

S: Nothing going on. Smells like water

T: ALMOST no flavor. Tastes like water. Only a slight hint of beer flavor.

M: Feels like water, and the texture is like water. NO BODY.

D: Drinkable, but only because it tastes like water. No nasty tastes, but just BLAND.

Overall, its drinkable... but I would NEVER pay for anything this bland. Of the three major macro brews, Coors by far ranks dead last for my taste buds.

1.12/5  rDev -56.3%

Looks good but that's about it.

1.13/5  rDev -55.9%

Picked up a big ass 22oz can at the gas station for a little over a buck.

A - Crystal clear, fizzy, and pale yellow.

S - Corny adjuncts. Smells stale and cloyingly sweet.

T - Corn, corn, and more corn. This is pretty much one dimensional. It's sweet and rather plain-tasting. No hops, no malt. Just corn.

M - Quenching, wet. Uhhh. That's about it. This is a little thicker than other macros, but that's actually working against it here. Blah.

D - This may be the worst macro lager on the list of cheapo macro lagers. It's not very nice.

1.17/5  rDev -54.3%

My dad would drink Coors when working in the yard. Sometimes he gave me a taste and I'd recoil in disgust. I wonder if this is the root cause for my dislike of most pilsners and lagers.

Too light in color, too distinct in bad flavors, no blending or smoothness of tastes. Not worth it when wanting a drink. If that is my only choice in beer, I'll go with water.

Even Coors Light is easy to drink.

1.2/5  rDev -53.1%

Too sweet, too carbonated, watered down, and contains typical crappy corn adjuncts, bleh!

1.25/5  rDev -51.2%

I believe if you melted down aluminum foil and blended it with tap water, put it some bubbles, you would have this beer.

I expect a metallic taste if drinking from a can, but it tasted like metal right out of a glass bottle. Not very good.

1.27/5  rDev -50.4%

Situation: feeling good after a hot, useful baseball practice...watching the Cavs as they clinch...
Glassware: Wychwood 16 oz.
Appearance: softly tinted tawny yellow body with a clear, foamy white head that settles to a bubbly circle--unappealing... Aroma: sweet, corn-tinged swagger that reaks of a thin, syrupy body... Palate: thin, light and smooth as expected--bubbly keg fair that soaks your hamburger... Taste: not much, aside from grass, corn and soft dough...zero drag on the throat, zero arrival on the tongue or teeth... Overall: even a good mood cannot alter the effect of this beer--zero punch or profile' I've softened my criticism of this beer (and its genre as a whole) as it serves a purpose that many friends and family members find quite necessary...but I can not seek this one out myself...

1.28/5  rDev -50%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.25

Coors products in general are horrible!

1.3/5  rDev -49.2%

Pour is easily managed, fizzy ivory white head quickly fades to nothing in a matter of seconds, pale yellow to clear color, tons of varied size carbonation, highly filtered.

Can't pick up much of anything in the smell and that is the theme with regards to the overall offering. Serve this ice cold and drink it fast as the corny adjuncts start to show their true colors about 2 minutes into it. Sweetness gets annoying, and the only thing that saves this brew is it finishes fairly clean and crisp.

Notes: Comparatively speaking *almost* all brews in this category are boring and this is no exception. Pabst at least has some sort of hop presence admittedly mild but its there none the less. I'll pass on Coors products unless its the only option and in that case it would make for a decent tailgate brew, inoffensive, light and fairly crisp when cold.

1.33/5  rDev -48%

Served in a 24oz. can

Ahh yes. Coors. I remember drinking coors extra gold with my buddy's because we could score a 30-pack for $8-9 back in college. Coors was the cat's meow back in the day.

Appearance: Poured a yellow/gold colr with a dissapating head.

Taste: What a weird taste. To me, this tasted like salty biscuits!

Mouthfeel: As someone mention in an earlier review, this beer was like seltzer water. Very fizzy.

Overall, I can't imagine drinking this beer and really enjoying it. Perhaps 4 years ago. This one really doesn't do it for me though. I have to admit, however, I kind of cheated for this review. I purchased this beer to cook a batch of bratwursts in, and as long as I had the beer open, I thought, "why not review this beer before I cook with it?"

1.34/5  rDev -47.7%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.25

I am tired of being forced to write reviews.

My Dad always said was upholding a lifelong boycott ever since 1966... guess it wasn't only about the racism.

1.36/5  rDev -46.9%

There is no nose. The taste is barely there except for some sweetness followed by the slightest bitterness.

1.36/5  rDev -46.9%

Cream soda. If there were a cream soda of the beer world, this would be it. I hate cream soda.
I always try to finish my beer, but I think this one has defeated me a few times; which was good because it was time for me to stop drinking anyway.
It tastes empty. It tastes watered down.

1.38/5  rDev -46.1%

poured on tap at the 12 volt in arvada. I live in colorado and can not stand this swill. fizzy golden with small head. not a fresh keg. smell is corn and more corn. taste is like colored slitzer water with some funk. mouth is just water.

overall never ever buy this beer. just wrong!

1.38/5  rDev -46.1%

This brew poured a small head of fine to medium sized white bubbles and a transparent weak rice yellow body. What aroma there is is slightly hoppy. It's very fizzy initial flavor is followed by a mild weak fizzy corn meal flavor. I'd rate it a little better than Bud or Miller, but not up to any real beer lovers’ standards.

1.41/5  rDev -44.9%

24 oz can served chilled in a pint glass.

Appearance: Extremely pale yellow topped by a white bubbly head. A scant film of bubbles is retained for a few minutes.

Smell: Not much of an aroma at all. No "hops," no "malts." I can't smell my beer!

Taste: A faint, grainy, cereal-esque flavor. Not much else. Boring. Occasional traces of bubblegum on the finish as the beer warmed.

Mouthfeel: Akin to seltzer water in all aspects.

Drinkability: Again, a macro that doesn't so much as taste awful, rather, it just has no real flavor. I'll take water, thank you. Hell, I'd take lead-laden, unfiltered DC water over this.

1.43/5  rDev -44.1%

An unimpressive entry from one of the big three. The beer is a very light yellow colour in the glass, with a very thin white head that quickly dissipates. The aroma dissipates as the beer is poured from the bottle into the glass. The taste reminds me of burnt sugar and this taste lingers for quite a while after the beer is gone. The mouthfeel is too watery as well.

1.45/5  rDev -43.4%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.5

Like drinking bad tasting water

Coors from Coors Brewing Company