Learn more about beer and save over 53% with a 3-year subscription.

Coors - Coors Brewing Company

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  5.00% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-17-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Coors Alström Bros
Reviews: 653 | Hads: 2,613

When poured from the 'Banquet' bottle, the foam was smooth and creamy. The color was a light watered down yellow with alot of carbonation. The smell was semi-skunky, with hints of wheat and hops. The taste was of a watered down version of your typical pils, but with no real taste. Mouthfeel - light-bodied, crisp and very carbonated. Drinkability - has a 'no taste' value and the longer it takes to drink it, it tastes even worse.

Beer flavored water. Period. Absolutely mystified how this brand gets any traction at all. Was a western regional beer when I was growing up. I remember when it first became available in the Midwest and how people were lining up to get some.

Tasted my first one! (WTF?) This is beer? Really? I taste more of the Colorado river where this water came from than the beer itself.

Nothing. No body, precious little flavor. Highly worthless beer. Would never buy, (Don't get me started on Coors Light.)

Just a terrible beer all around. The smell taste, appearance are all horrible. I drank one of these when offered by a friend just to be polite, but inside I was not pleased. Gross for lack of a better word. Very cheaply crafted and a disgrace to good beer.

1.03/5  rDev -61.6%

Fizzy gold color. Small head. Aroma is slightly of corn and grain. I will admit my beer snobbery here and admit I only drank this stuff because, it was free and it was the best beer available. I am also sure that there are picture, suitable for blackmail, which will circulate of me drinking this stuff. Enough said, on with the review. Typical fizzy yellow beer flavor. Malts and hops are all but non-existent. Corn and a vegetable flavor are evident. Its much better ICE cold, as the objectionable flavors are not as evident as when it warms up. Vegetable, medical and corn YUCH!! Mouthfeel is thin. Finish is crisp and clean. Aftertaste is neutral.

1.1/5  rDev -59%

A: Looks like liquid waste mixed with water.

S: Nothing going on. Smells like water

T: ALMOST no flavor. Tastes like water. Only a slight hint of beer flavor.

M: Feels like water, and the texture is like water. NO BODY.

D: Drinkable, but only because it tastes like water. No nasty tastes, but just BLAND.

Overall, its drinkable... but I would NEVER pay for anything this bland. Of the three major macro brews, Coors by far ranks dead last for my taste buds.

1.13/5  rDev -57.8%

Picked up a big ass 22oz can at the gas station for a little over a buck.

A - Crystal clear, fizzy, and pale yellow.

S - Corny adjuncts. Smells stale and cloyingly sweet.

T - Corn, corn, and more corn. This is pretty much one dimensional. It's sweet and rather plain-tasting. No hops, no malt. Just corn.

M - Quenching, wet. Uhhh. That's about it. This is a little thicker than other macros, but that's actually working against it here. Blah.

D - This may be the worst macro lager on the list of cheapo macro lagers. It's not very nice.

1.17/5  rDev -56.3%

My dad would drink Coors when working in the yard. Sometimes he gave me a taste and I'd recoil in disgust. I wonder if this is the root cause for my dislike of most pilsners and lagers.

Too light in color, too distinct in bad flavors, no blending or smoothness of tastes. Not worth it when wanting a drink. If that is my only choice in beer, I'll go with water.

Even Coors Light is easy to drink.

1.25/5  rDev -53.4%

I believe if you melted down aluminum foil and blended it with tap water, put it some bubbles, you would have this beer.

I expect a metallic taste if drinking from a can, but it tasted like metal right out of a glass bottle. Not very good.

1.27/5  rDev -52.6%

Situation: feeling good after a hot, useful baseball practice...watching the Cavs as they clinch...
Glassware: Wychwood 16 oz.
Appearance: softly tinted tawny yellow body with a clear, foamy white head that settles to a bubbly circle--unappealing... Aroma: sweet, corn-tinged swagger that reaks of a thin, syrupy body... Palate: thin, light and smooth as expected--bubbly keg fair that soaks your hamburger... Taste: not much, aside from grass, corn and soft dough...zero drag on the throat, zero arrival on the tongue or teeth... Overall: even a good mood cannot alter the effect of this beer--zero punch or profile' I've softened my criticism of this beer (and its genre as a whole) as it serves a purpose that many friends and family members find quite necessary...but I can not seek this one out myself...

1.3/5  rDev -51.5%

Pour is easily managed, fizzy ivory white head quickly fades to nothing in a matter of seconds, pale yellow to clear color, tons of varied size carbonation, highly filtered.

Can't pick up much of anything in the smell and that is the theme with regards to the overall offering. Serve this ice cold and drink it fast as the corny adjuncts start to show their true colors about 2 minutes into it. Sweetness gets annoying, and the only thing that saves this brew is it finishes fairly clean and crisp.

Notes: Comparatively speaking *almost* all brews in this category are boring and this is no exception. Pabst at least has some sort of hop presence admittedly mild but its there none the less. I'll pass on Coors products unless its the only option and in that case it would make for a decent tailgate brew, inoffensive, light and fairly crisp when cold.

1.33/5  rDev -50.4%

Served in a 24oz. can

Ahh yes. Coors. I remember drinking coors extra gold with my buddy's because we could score a 30-pack for $8-9 back in college. Coors was the cat's meow back in the day.

Appearance: Poured a yellow/gold colr with a dissapating head.

Taste: What a weird taste. To me, this tasted like salty biscuits!

Mouthfeel: As someone mention in an earlier review, this beer was like seltzer water. Very fizzy.

Overall, I can't imagine drinking this beer and really enjoying it. Perhaps 4 years ago. This one really doesn't do it for me though. I have to admit, however, I kind of cheated for this review. I purchased this beer to cook a batch of bratwursts in, and as long as I had the beer open, I thought, "why not review this beer before I cook with it?"

1.34/5  rDev -50%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.25

I am tired of being forced to write reviews.

My Dad always said was upholding a lifelong boycott ever since 1966... guess it wasn't only about the racism.

1.36/5  rDev -49.3%

Cream soda. If there were a cream soda of the beer world, this would be it. I hate cream soda.
I always try to finish my beer, but I think this one has defeated me a few times; which was good because it was time for me to stop drinking anyway.
It tastes empty. It tastes watered down.

1.38/5  rDev -48.5%

poured on tap at the 12 volt in arvada. I live in colorado and can not stand this swill. fizzy golden with small head. not a fresh keg. smell is corn and more corn. taste is like colored slitzer water with some funk. mouth is just water.

overall never ever buy this beer. just wrong!

1.38/5  rDev -48.5%

This brew poured a small head of fine to medium sized white bubbles and a transparent weak rice yellow body. What aroma there is is slightly hoppy. It's very fizzy initial flavor is followed by a mild weak fizzy corn meal flavor. I'd rate it a little better than Bud or Miller, but not up to any real beer lovers’ standards.

1.41/5  rDev -47.4%

24 oz can served chilled in a pint glass.

Appearance: Extremely pale yellow topped by a white bubbly head. A scant film of bubbles is retained for a few minutes.

Smell: Not much of an aroma at all. No "hops," no "malts." I can't smell my beer!

Taste: A faint, grainy, cereal-esque flavor. Not much else. Boring. Occasional traces of bubblegum on the finish as the beer warmed.

Mouthfeel: Akin to seltzer water in all aspects.

Drinkability: Again, a macro that doesn't so much as taste awful, rather, it just has no real flavor. I'll take water, thank you. Hell, I'd take lead-laden, unfiltered DC water over this.

1.43/5  rDev -46.6%

An unimpressive entry from one of the big three. The beer is a very light yellow colour in the glass, with a very thin white head that quickly dissipates. The aroma dissipates as the beer is poured from the bottle into the glass. The taste reminds me of burnt sugar and this taste lingers for quite a while after the beer is gone. The mouthfeel is too watery as well.

1.47/5  rDev -45.1%
look: 1 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

24oz.can. This beer poured a small white head with small bubbles that quickly dissolved. There was very little lacing to speak of on the sides of my glass. There was a lot of carbonation present which is typical of American mass-produced beers. It was yellow-gold in body color. It was watery and had very little taste to it. It lacked character which is also typical of American mass-produced beers.

1.49/5  rDev -44.4%
look: 2 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

A: poured from a 16 oz aluminum bottle with a widemouth screw top and blue mountains, light yellow colored with a tiny white head that vanishes immediately leaving no lacing, clear

S: slightly corn water smell, nothing else

T: sugary corn water, no hops

M: thin and watery

O: I don't think I've ever drank real Coors before, and I may never again.

1.5/5  rDev -44%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

12oz can with no freshness date. Says Coors Banquet. Don't know what that's about. Can brags that it has a "vented wide mouth" and a "frost brewed liner." Silly me. I didn't know frost was brewed until now.

Poured a slightly hazy straw color, with a thick finger of bone-white foam for a head. Said head dropped faster than Chrysler stock. When the glass is tilted, thin sheets of lace are created, but they retreat at high speed as well, and leave not one spot on the sides of the glass.

Smells like cold vegetable oil, and there's some sort of weird chalky scent present as well. Not promising.

Odd tasting. As expected, there's a raw tasting grainy maltiness often found in macro lagers. Less normal - and more nasty - is a weird, off-tasting fruitiness, like a bad attempt at apple flavor. It's not particularly pleasant.

Watery, bland, slightly fizzy mouthfeel. Not much of anything to it.

This concludes my tour of the Big 3 (or is it 2 now? Or even 1?)'s flagship beers. I'm surprised to say that I rank Bud ahead of this, with the Highlife winning best in show - a dubious honor if there ever was one. This is a nasty beer that I will avoid like the plague from here on out.

1.5/5  rDev -44%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

This is a great beer to serve freeloaders that come to your house to drink. It is cheap, and when served ice-cold, it masks the straw corn sour taste of the malt. Pours a big bloated foamy sudzy white head, that once drank, develops your bowels into a a big bloated gas pocket causing you to fart the rest of the night in your bed, and then fart more in the morning. Coors is known for it big gas!!! Yippy!!!

1.51/5  rDev -43.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

This is the worst macro lager I've ever tasted. And I've had them all. And I've even enjoyed a couple. Miller High Life and PBR come to mind.

I think the main problem I have is it has a sweet flavor with a metallic finish. I guess that's all you need to know.

look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

a: pale golden color, half inch white head dissapears fast leaving no lacing
s: funky toasted corn grains, little hop presence
t: corn malts, slight hop presence...adjunct adjunct adjunct
m: light bodied heavily carbonated

overall this is not very good, i know its a BMC but still even with those lowered standards its not very good. This beer gave me the beer farts

look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

I had this at a welcome back party/baby shower this afternoon. A case of this and two cases of Coors Light were on hand because they're Kosher and cheap. I took notes while the people I was sitting with went inside to get some more to eat. Ooh, the can has a special new lining to keep it tasting cold. Let's check it out.

The pour is fizzy pale gold with a foamy white head that fades away about a third of the way in. The aroma has corn, a drop of vegetable soup, extremely faint malt and even less hops. Thankfully the nose is as weak as it is. The taste is thin and resembles beer the way a lager flavored Crystal Light mix in club soda would. Just before the halfway point, the corn really starts to stick out in all its adjunct, swill-ruining glory. At least an ice cold Budweiser can wash down food without tasting offensive. Note to self: Bring He'brew or even Goldstar next time.

1.53/5  rDev -42.9%

This stuff is taking up valuble beer room in my dad's fridge. So I decided to choke down the last couple bottles to get it out of the way. Pours a pale yellow with not much of a head. Faint smell of malt. That crosses over into the taste along with rice and what else chemicals the big shots over at coors decided to pump into this crap. Drinkable? It wouldn't take much effort to slam down more than a few of these. But I'm not too sure my taste buds would be too happy about that.

Coors from Coors Brewing Company