Coors - Coors Brewing Company

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  5.00% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-17-2001

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 2,464 | Reviews: 656

3.5/5  rDev +36.7%

2.98/5  rDev +16.4%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3

Poured this 24 oz can into a pint glass. This American adjunct lager poured a slight hazy golden color, produced an average wight head, poor retention and it left only a slight amount of lacing on the glass. The aroma consisted of faint notes of grain and just a touch of floral hops. Light in body, this brew has a foundation of adjunct ingredients, corn, minerals and lemon citrus. Mouthfeel was crisp and clean. Overall for the style its not worst adjunct lager out there.

2.75/5  rDev +7.4%

2.5/5  rDev -2.3%

3.5/5  rDev +36.7%

2.5/5  rDev -2.3%

4.35/5  rDev +69.9%

This is from the Commemorative #3 1980 12oz can, poured into a glass mug. Good until July 8, 2013.
This is my first time tasting Coors "Banquet" Beer.

A- Clear yellow with a one finger head that fizzles away to a very thin soapy head. Bubbles are streaming up. It looks alright for an AAL. Surprisingly leaves some lacing.

S- Corn, grains, mineral water. No bad smells.

T- Light corn taste, some maltiness, grainy. No bitterness, but there's just a teeny tiny hint of a hop towards the end. The taste doesn't linger. It's a good taste.

M- Light, thin, watery. No too much carbonation.

Drinkability- Extremely drinkable.

O- Overall, this is a great smooth AAL. Very refreshing and tastes quite good. I will be buying more of Coors. I just became a fan of this beer.

1.25/5  rDev -51.2%

2.75/5  rDev +7.4%

4.46/5  rDev +74.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

I consider Coors Banquet beer a go-to beer that I always keep in the fridge. Its cheap, refreshing, and very tasty. I've had Coors in the glass bottle, aluminum bottle, and aluminum can. For whatever reason I prefer the can since the metallic properties of the aluminum blend well with the Coors recipe. Along with the aluminum bottle is a bit more expensive around my area.
Anyways Coors doesn't look like anything special when poured into a glass or my glass boot replica from beerfest. A pale yellowish color shared by many lagers and pilsners. It has a nice white foamy head to it if poured right.
Smellwise it has a faint smell of barley and something that's well balanced that I can't quite put my finger on. To say the least I have smelled much worse beers out there.
For taste I had a love/hate relationship at first. To me it had an odd aftertaste to it which was unique. Nowadays though Coors has a very refreshing taste to me. Not much sounds better to me than popping a cold Coors after a long day of work. In the mouth it its very balanced and refreshing. Overall Coors Banquet beer is in my top 10 and will probably always be my go-to beer for years to come.

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Coors from Coors Brewing Company