Coors - Coors Brewing Company

poor

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  5.00% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-17-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Coors Alström Bros
2.15/5  rDev -15.7%

Poured from a 12oz can into a US tumbler pint glass.

A: The beer is a pale yellow color with a thin white head that fades very quickly and leaves very little lace on the glass.

S: The aroma is of grain, adjuncts and light malts with a very faint touch of hops.

T: The taste is mostly bready flavors of grain & adjuncts and the typical macro light malt sweetness. There's very little hops bitterness or any other flavor for that matter. The after-taste is slightly sweet.

M: Crisp and a little smooth, light body, medium-to-high carbonation, clean finish.

D: Not very flavorful at all, goes down very easily since there isn't much to the beer, not filling for that same reason, it's comparable to most beers in the style even though there are several others which are more flavorful that I would pick first.

TheManiacalOne, Jul 11, 2009
1.95/5  rDev -23.5%

This beer is - as you already know - really bad. It's pee yellow colored, weak head, etc. Nose is surprisingly dirty, grainy sweetness. Flavor is likewise, not good. Feel is mediocre. It's bad, is all. Specifically stopped drinking as this was all that was available.

soupyman10, Jul 11, 2009
2.45/5  rDev -3.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.5

Pours a crystal clear straw color with a soapy white head that quickly settles into a very light ring. The aroma is grainy sweet, corn with a hint of sulfur. The taste is quite sweet, grainy, veggies cooked in a sugar water solution. Doesn't really have that nasty veggie taste. The feel is light but not watery, an almost slick feel, it doesn't have that typical dry bite that most macros have to help balance the sweet malt. The brew drinks fine cold, wouldn't want to have it warm. Seems sweet for the style but doesn't have that grainy taste. Doesn't seem as crisp as it should.

Gmann, Jul 11, 2009
2.3/5  rDev -9.8%

What more can I say than what my grandpa used to drink, just like Coors light, except more full bodied with more carbonation.
A-Looks exactly like your diluted gold color Coors light, good head, alot of carbonation, no floaters of any kind, but looks like all the other light beers. Good for what it is in a sense.
S-Not alot to that at all, just smells like beer, the kind of beer you smell at every party or bar. Nothing special about it.
T-I prefer it over Coors light, but just slightly different than its "Light" partner. Crisp no doubt, good carbonation, but watered down, no kick to it all.
M-Taste like every other domestic beer such as Budweiser or Miller, but I do enjoy how crisp Coors is from its competitors.
D-Easy going down, no doubt about that, good for all mixed company. Much more crisp than other domestic beers, also more full body than Budweiser, thats for sure. It'll do for the party, and for those that want to be more adventuras than their light beer drinking buddies.

skullucr, Jul 04, 2009
2.4/5  rDev -5.9%

Well, might as well be even more of a masochist, and pour some of this shit into my pint glass.

A - clear orange amber, only slightly darker than coors light. No head.

S - Corny, Grainy sweetness with a suggestion of malt. Hops? Lol.

T - Once again, grain taste dominates, with a metallic twang and and overarching artifical-tasting malt sweetness. It's pretty bad.

M - fizzy, watery. That's about it.

D - Decently drinkable, but once again, why would you waste your time on it?

overall - It's a limp, pitiful facsimile of what beer is. It still hurts that my father loves his coors and coors light, when I really can't stand the stuff. Then again, his favorite beer is Sam Adams, so there's a glimmer of hope there.

DannyS, Jun 30, 2009
2.35/5  rDev -7.8%

Appearance: Pale yellow with a head that recedes like a cola, but good carbonation.

Smell: Weak, but like a can of corn.

Taste: I wish I could do a better job for taste, but cheap beer. However, it doesn't really have an offensive taste like Budweiser or Natural Light.

Mouthfeel: A touch of alcohol stinginess to separate it from water.

Drinkability: Easy because it's weak. It's not very good beer, but I've had much worse.

donmonkey1, Jun 29, 2009
2.42/5  rDev -5.1%

12 oz can, has freshness date on bottom. Poured into Pint glass

A: Golden clear color with quick forming white head which almost immediately goes away forever leaving faint lacing. Light bubbles.
S: Straw, light hops. Corn
T/M: Water and carbonation taste. Little bit dry but crisp enough. Really not much goin on here.
D: alright for the cheapness. Good in summer or spring. I will drink this brew again if I'm on a low budget.

Cheers

mnrider, Jun 28, 2009
2.88/5  rDev +12.9%

12 Ounce can

Appearance: Light straw color with good head that was gone faster then any I have seen

Smell: As with a lot of these types of beers, it has a sweet corn smell but there is also something else that seems almost like a tart type smell

Taste: As opposed to some beers similar to this, there is no off flavor to it. It does however lack any strong flavors either way. What is there is a sweet grain flavor with little else.

ruckus232, Jun 19, 2009
3.88/5  rDev +52.2%

Coors
Coors Brewing Company
Style: American Adjunct Lager
ABV: 5.00 %

A 3.5 - light golden straw in color, noticeable carbonation, better head than most macros, 1.5 with mediocre lacing.
S 3.5 - semi sweet corn/malt aromas, almost like a beefed up miller high life?
T 4.0 - not bad for macro, semi sweet malt an roasted corn on palate. Not bad considering it was Jim Morrison's favorite beer. If the lizard king liked it, it must be okay right?
MF 4.0 - more full bodied tham most macro adjuncts, but still thin compared to most crafts. 4.0 for the style, better than most AAL.
D 4.0 - Surprisingly better than I remember for an A Adjunct Lager. Not my first pick in a brew, but would be top pic if I have to choose from a beer for the masses.

unclejimbay, Jun 18, 2009
3.05/5  rDev +19.6%

A- Better than most macros. Bigger white head than I expected, with some retention (but not a lot). A bit richer in golden color.

S- Slightly metallic with some nice grainy/corn aroma. Nothing special. Kind of like PBR.

T- Kind of like Budweiser. A relatively strong corn/grain malt profile. Pretty good aftertaste too. Not bad for a macro.

M- Thicker an less carbonated than I thought it would be. Not bad.

D- Like a macro--can slug them down, but I would reach for something else.

LordAdmNelson, Jun 11, 2009
3.15/5  rDev +23.5%

Poured from a can into a weizen glass. Pale yellow color with a small head. Hardly any traces of aroma. Feels light and watery in the mouth. Very mild flavor. It is a highly drinkable beer that does not fill you up. Good for drinking games I suppose but not a beer to savor.

tone77, Jun 08, 2009

I looked up the weather in Vail and it was 52.9 F, and I cursed. If my Coors turned as cold as the Rockies then I knew it would taste like ass. So I said to hell with it and put it in the fridge and cooled it down to the lower 40's. I was rewarded. Coors Original has, unlike Coors Light, flavor. Something that I desire in my beer. It's not much but it is there and it's even marginally enjoyable. This, along with Budweiser are my go to beers during those all too often situations when a gun is held to my head and I'm being forced to drink a macro lager.

Aroma:
Slight grain, fresh cut apples, nothing nasty here, though nothing to get excited about.

Appearance:
Big frothy head with a mixture of small and big bubbles. Some staying power! But not that much. A thin layer of foam remains on top. Star bright of course. A bright golden yellow hue.

Taste:
Nice backend sweetness, even some very slight caramel...did they use...ingredients...in this beer? Light snappy bitterness that barely lingers into the aftertaste.

Mouthfeel/Carbonation:
Thin mouthfeel and lively carbonation.

birdypowder, Jun 04, 2009
2.85/5  rDev +11.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

This beer was served cold and in a pint glass.

Appearance: The beers appearance is actually a very pleasing bubbling clear golden coloration. The head is white and quickly resolves to a ring of foam.

Smell: The beers aroma has a bit of vaguely vegetable water aroma. This is well covered up by oddly enough a floral smell.

Taste: This beer has a bit of lemony lime character. The beer seems a bit grainy but not straight up corn.

Mouthfeel / Drinkability: The beers body is light. This beer seems to be a bit more well rounded than Bud or Miller. The carbonation is active but I think it adds to the beer. In all honesty given the terrible choice between BMC. I think I will have to go with Coors as my oh shit no other choice beer.

nlmartin, May 24, 2009
4.05/5  rDev +58.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4

One of my all-time fondest beer drinking memories is two ice-cold tallboy Banquet Beers fresh out of the ice chest after finally making it back to my lodgings following an epic Eastern Sierra hike. Paired with a fresh deli sandwich, beer has never tasted better, 14,505' style...

Jangles, May 11, 2009
3.08/5  rDev +20.8%

Poured from a 12-ounce bottle into an SA pint glass.

A: Poured a very clear, clean light yellow color with a thin, fizzy head of carbonation which left a fizzling ring of lace for a quarter of the brew. Diet ginger ale, anyone?

S: Smells slightly sweet and acrid, with a metallic nose and slight floral bitterness.

T: Taste is very watery and riddled with cooked corn, light malt husk and slightly toasted notes with herbal hops ever slightly in the finish. The finish is like something off the periodic table. Not good.

M: Mouthfeel is sharp, crisp and slightly astringent.

D: A primo lawnmower beer for the macro fan. I had one while waiting for my grill to heat up, and felt out of place drinking it. Session this over the light, if you have to make that terrible choice.
D:

Gambrinus1184, May 09, 2009
2.63/5  rDev +3.1%

Considering I drink Coors Light all the time I figured I try regular old Coors for once. There's nothing special about it. Smells pretty generic, like its peers (Budweiser, MGD). The taste is smooth, and light but I am not sure it is supposed to. I bummed this off my roommate and I don't think I would buy it. Maybe, if I feel like changing it up at a local bar I'll drink it again... but it'd be a longshot.

MLasoski, May 06, 2009

On-tap at Louie's near Emmaus for $2.50 a pint. Not bad. I guess I could say this is one of my preferred adjunct beers as there's not offensive to me in here. I guess it reminds me a bit of Yuengling Premium. There's basically just a sweetish bread that fades off into a mild ginger ale flavor. It is a bit thicker than most adjunct beers, but still fairly drinkable - especially because it doesn't suck.

tempest, May 03, 2009
2.05/5  rDev -19.6%

Review is for the COLD ACTIVATED can, not the regular one, just in case there is a resulting difference on the palate.

Pours very pale golden color, transparent, with short lived white head.

Nose is light corn with a faint suggestion of Sprite soda-pop.

Palate is very light bodied, fizzy, faint grain and corn flavors (very, very light in flavor), and a subtle sweetness from the grain. Minimal hops.

Not as watery as Budweiser, but still very watery. Only mildly offensive as an adjunct lager.

yemenmocha, May 02, 2009

I didn't drink Coors for several years but recently have been buying it more. It seems to have a cleaner crisper taste than I recall from years ago. I prefer the wide, vented drinking hole in the can, and the can fits my hand better than Budweiser..if you haven't tried it in a while, I recommend it. The mountains on the can are blue gray when cold and turn white as the beer disappears. How cool is that? Great beer.

lanechaffin, Apr 12, 2009
2.35/5  rDev -7.8%

Appearance - Very pale yellow, but not as weak as some light macros you see

Smell - Has that very distinct light american beer smell, almost skunky but not quite there yet

Taste - suprisingly not as disapointed here as I was expecting. I usually avoid the none light macros (budweiser disgusts me) but this one actually isn't as bad. Has some nice subtle flavors without the nasty flavors some macros have

Mouthfeel - Water, obvious one here nothing special here

Drinkability - Where beers like this thrive (not to quote the commercials buy they are true) could easily have a few of these in one night

mcraw88, Apr 11, 2009
3.1/5  rDev +21.6%

A: A pale, clear yellow color with a fairly large, foamy white head. Retention is typical, with some patchy lacing. Large, active bubbles are visible right off the bat.

S: Light, bland graininess. Some vague leafy hops. A bit of a mineral/sulfur-esque aroma as well.

T: A dose of faintly sweet, grainy malt up front. Some minimal leafy hop flavor is present. Sweet corn and a touch of dextrose. Another mineral twang into the finish.

M: Standard medium-light feel. Carbonation is fairly active. A bit of dryness in the finish.

D: Typical in so many respects. This one does get credit for having a bit of character, even if that comes in the form of some slightly unusual flavors.

Clydesdale, Mar 29, 2009
3.15/5  rDev +23.5%

I've never reviewed this and since I like variety, I'll give it a shot.

Pours a light gold color with a one-finger head into my pint glass. Seems normal for the style.

Aroma is clean with corn and sweet malt in the nose. Somewhat bready and tolerable.

Taste is full of sweet malt and corn upfront. Inoffensive. Smooth and easy. A bit watery but not too much.

Mouthfeel is a bit watery and full of the corn and grainy malt flavors.

It's easy and drinkable. Not going to rock your taste buds but it is more tolerable than a few other examples I've had.

Brad007, Mar 28, 2009
2.28/5  rDev -10.6%

slurpable...better than bud...miller might beat it...hmmm.

more macroSwill...and maybe the best of the macroMacro....it's all about context. in this age of craft beers, why even reach for this? or bud? or miller etc products?

even with the ecoGnomic downturn, die broke drinking something like Nugget Nectar

mempath, Mar 21, 2009
4.33/5  rDev +69.8%

This is my favorite beer. I understand that some others might not like it, but I feel Coors has a rich, creamy flavor and is a perfect compliment to food (hence, "Banquet Beer"). I love the way Coors goes down, and is incredibly drinkable. I like craft beer as well, but this is the king of macrobrews in my opinion.

JesseP09, Mar 04, 2009
1.65/5  rDev -35.3%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.5

If you're at a wedding and its this or coors light, this is a tad better...but not much.

It has a nicer color and is a bit better in taste but only by comparision. It's not bad in your mouth and doesn't leave a terrible aftertaste like Coors light does.

woodske1, Mar 03, 2009