Coors - Coors Brewing Company

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  5.00% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 08-17-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Coors Alström Bros
Ratings: 2,550 | Reviews: 699
3.64/5  rDev +42.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.75

This is one of my favorite AAL's and one of my go-to's when not drinking craft brews. Very refreshing, Much better than its light counterpart.

4.8/5  rDev +87.5%

One of the top brews in my favorite category - the American Adjunct Lager. Tastes great cold out of a bottle on a hot summer day at the ballpark or cutting the lawn. You can't go wrong with the Banquet!

1.12/5  rDev -56.3%

Looks good but that's about it.

One of my go to beers

1.81/5  rDev -29.3%

The only slop I'll swill

I remember when you couldn't buy this in most states in the country. What a disappointment when I had my first one.

whatever. sweet fizzy water. not into it.

Had to rate this one all 5's. Just trying to balance all the ignorant reviews. Half of the guys on those site don't really have a good palate, don't drink much, don't live in beer towns like I do. Durango, Colorado. I drink more craft beer brewed in my town than 90% of these "bros" and reviewers. Half you morons are saying Miller high lige and PBR are better. That's laughable. This beer is decent for the price. Decent flavors. Def. Can tell its made with decent quality barley malts, grains, and hops. Better than PBR, Busch, any miller, bud, and all the other american adjuncts. Keep drinking your Milwaukee's best "bros" . I'm sure that's a craft beer in your minds.

2.81/5  rDev +9.8%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 3

I'm used to Coor's Light until I was introduced to classic Coors. Not a bad beer, I don't recommend it compared to any other beer, but definitely take this over Coors Light!

3.2/5  rDev +25%
look: 4 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Solid beer but leaves a filmy/grainy feel to me.

3.08/5  rDev +20.3%

pretty good brew. Recommend it

3.12/5  rDev +21.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

A smooth beer with a nice clear appearance. This is an easy inoffensive brew that will do when required

1.79/5  rDev -30.1%
look: 2 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.75

A decent beer if you are just hanging with some buds.

3.19/5  rDev +24.6%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Good with a few sunflower seeds at a hot baseball game.

3.5/5  rDev +36.7%

Poured from a 12 OZ "stubby" into a pint glass.
Aroma- Has that AAL smell of grain and corn. This to me is not awful but just common.
Appearance- Pours a golden yellow, a pun from the beer from "Golden, CO."
Taste- Not bad, i haven't had this beer in decades and it was very refreshing.
Palate- A light bodied beer with moderate to heavy carbonation. It finishes clean and smooth.
Overall- This is a macro, but a really good macro to me. I prefer this beer in bottles and i hear quite often the cans have a metallic aftertaste. Try a bottle and see what you think.

Love the taste and easy to drink if you want to get drunk

4.23/5  rDev +65.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

After a few years of pine, tropical fruits, weedy, roasted cocoa, bourbon, vanilla, smoke---I think you catch my drift--- today I just wanted a freakin...beer.
Now why choose Coors Banquet, I dunno, but I've been there a number of years ago so what the heck.
What I love about this beer is that no adjunct here. What I'm getting is barley, yeast and malt, simplicity. Not a beer you want warming up though.
This works for me.

2.22/5  rDev -13.3%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

Poured two fingers frothy head, fair retention and some spotty lacing. Head maintains a film all the way down. Very light golden color, very clear. Light banana aroma, not picking up much else. Not very flavorful. Tastes like a decent balance of sweetness to bitterness. Also tasting banana, but not much else. Very straightforward, much expected from a large brewing company. Feels watery, and lacks any sort of grit or tack. Almost oily quality. Overall, easy to drink, but very lacking.

4.87/5  rDev +90.2%

This is one of my favorites. It's light, refreshing and tastes like a good beer. It's not overpriced. I just Coors would push it more around here, Philadelphia. It isn't commonly found in bars and restaurants. Coors Light is literally everywhere.

1.75/5  rDev -31.6%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

Because of the higher alcohol content from any other beer we had in indiana in the 80's,I used to like going over to illinois to get some coors on weekends...kids! how ri·dic·u·lous!....and indiana is still on the blue law today! cuh-razy!
I lived in colorado for years and hardly ever drank it then! ha!
My mom drinks this swill today,but i don't even know why...
coors is just awful, imho.

look: 4 | smell: 2 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

One of the better macros. Very smooth and quaffable.

3.8/5  rDev +48.4%

Very good beer out of this category. Great taste and rounded out body. Tastes like what you dreamed coors light should taste like.

Good summer beer in a poor; drink a lot kinda way.

3.84/5  rDev +50%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

Straw with a hint of gold. A little darker than most BMC AALs. Pours with a frothy head that goes away rather quickly. There is a slight sour smell that accompanies the corn and barley. A trace of hops is also present. The taste is kinda sour with a nutty finish and slight sweetness. Medium body and semi-dry. Overall, A solid beer. I like the bit of sour I get from it. This is a go-to beer for me that I have enjoyed for almost twenty years.

16 oz can
Best by: APR/06/15
Served in a Pilsner glass

2.62/5  rDev +2.3%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

2.62/5: Not wretched, and decent for BMC standards