Keystone Light - Coors Brewing Company

awful

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 10-25-2001)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Keystone Light Alström Bros

Budweiser might be the professional level king of beers, but this old grizzled war veteran of gettin hammered is collegiate level king of beer. To get the most out of this you gotta have it at room temperature, then pour into a big ole Solo party cup and start playin for a good ole time. If rated below a B you must have not had a good time at college, sorry you missed out.

The best bad beer you will ever drink.

4.63/5  rDev +158.7%

Initial thought: Incredible. Delicious is the first word that comes to mind. Drinkability, ya know like chug-ability. The ability to chug. Fountain of youth type hydration. Relinquishes thirst like a common niagara fall in a can.

A-Caramel apple jesus piss type color. Sort of like the red sea turns keystone type feel.

S-Smells like the first breath of fresh unraped oxygen when you get out of a state penitentiary.

T-Fresh squeezed god nectar from the garden of eden. The snake really was too drunk to pick out the right tree and picked a stupid apple instead of a fresh delicious keystone light.

M-Wide mouth for extra drinkability like a virgin blowjob with a drop-jaw which eventually turns into a lock-jaw am I right woop woop hell yeah yum yum keystone 4 the win.

O-Damn good.

4.53/5  rDev +153.1%

One of the best cheap beers on the market if your like me and enjoy tasteless watered down brew. You can't just drink one. Excellent on a hot day in the trailer park!

This tastes like watered down Coors Light.

A-gold with white head, doesn't last long

Smells like coors

4.5/5  rDev +151.4%

4.25/5  rDev +137.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 5

A. Golden yellow color. Decent carbonation. Minimal head

S. Not to bad for a light beer.

T. Has enough beer taste to be noticed as beer, but you go one with a beer taste, another with water.

M. High carbonation. Refreshing finish.

D. At a party drink all you can. At home sit back and enjoy your $14 thirty pack.

Final Thoughts: This is my party beer. For as cheap as it is, a very draikable good beer. Not my typical style but inexpensive and easy to drink. Not to mention, it tastes good. My favorite light beer.

4.05/5  rDev +126.3%

This is my go to beer. Its cheap, it tastes good, and did I mention, its CHEAP? I like the taste. Alot of people do not like it, because its so light in color, but for the price it can't be beat! I keep this stuff in my beer fridge at all times. Don't get me wrong, if I had the money, there are ALOT of other beers out there that I would rather drink, but this one is the one I can afford, so I like it.
Scott

Easy drinking smooth, simple, light beer. I personally like Keystone light. Its very crisp and refreshing. Rating it on what it is, an american light beer, its one of the best you can get.

Photo of

You rated this beer. Add a review.

The number of cans of this beer I have had numbers in the thousands. I will never drink another single beer more in my life than this one. For that reason, they must be doing something right and I have to give it a 4.0. This is a legend of a beer that will be around colleges for a very long time.

3.9/5  rDev +117.9%

Can poured into tall glass.

A= Straw colored, foamed up really nicely but the head dissipated extremely quickly, leaving no lacing whatsoever

S= As neutral as you can get in a beer. Some hint of diacetyl--maybe green apple and corn

T= Like Heineken light minus the hops. But try it because you'll see that this isn't such a bad thing when it's done right. There is NO skunkiness whatsoever, and no unpleasant unexpected flavors.

M= Extremely watery but not unpleasant

D= Extremely easy to put down.

3.88/5  rDev +116.8%

Ah, my favorite American uber-cheap macro. Kroger in Knoxville has had this on sale for $4.99 per 12 pack forever now, and let me be perfectly clear - I'm rating this in terms of beers it may compete with, basically anything in the price range, reaching up to the standard macro-brews (Bud/L, Miller Lite, Coors/L).

Appearance: Ok look, nothing in the price range or reaching to ~$5 per 6 pack has a compelling appearance. This beer is ultra pale in color. It will pour a huge head if you demand it (pour hard), and it diminishes rather quickly (like all beers of the type), although freshness seems to play a role.

Smell: Ultra light American lager. Others have noted "banana" when smelling Keystone branded beers. I don't disagree, but that element is sort of at the fringe of the character.

Taste: Very light, fizzy, corn, a touch of buttery malt. What are hops? Heh. In my opinion, compared to the top of the category of comparison (Bud, Miller, Coors), this beer *may* offer less substance, but it's not like anyone truly enjoys the 'substance' of those 3 anyway, therefore not too many points are lost in comparison. This beer is not at all offensive, and that's why you buy it.

Mouthfeel: Fizzy, compact, pleasing. This beer is the easiest to simply down I've ever experienced in the category. I was recently in England for over a month, and no beer in the states holds a candle to the drinkability of an English cask ale, but I suppose that's neither here nor there.

I like this beer because:
1) It's ultra cheap where I live (4.99 for 12, 9.99 for 24)
2) It's extremely easy to drink, and the flavor, while not as distinctive as the "top of class Bud/Coors/Miller," is basically equivalent.
3) It's *not* strong. That may seem like the wrong thing to say, but because it's a weak beer (they claim 4.2%, but I don't buy it), I can drink it for hours and not be afraid of waking up the next morning.
4) I can even polish off a 12 pack and function the next day.

So put it in perspective. It's not like this beer is *good*, but when looking at the cheap end of the isle, I don't really look at anything else except PBR. Or maybe Stroh's.

Keystone Light from Coors Brewing Company