Keystone Light - Coors Brewing Company

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 10-25-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Keystone Light Alström Bros
Reviews: 453 | Hads: 1,864

Can at a college graduation party. There was nothing else available, and it broke my heart.

Lifeless, pale, weak and watery. The can lent an unappealing chemical taste to the beer. The mouthfeel was exceptionally thin. I can't think of anything appealing about this beer.

This beer pours a terrible yellowish color. It has the appearance of watered down beer. The taste is so light and unappealing that I could not finish more than two sips. The beer is heavily carbonated and has a horrendously skunky aroma. The head was non existent and thats not a bad thing. I would recommend avoiding.

a typical college party beer. I've had stones many times, and each time i get the same feeling, why am i drinking this crap? It has a feel about as light as mgd light in my opinion, and a taste about as bad as a skunky, watered down coors light. with the bad taste, and lack of carbonation, i suppose the only upside is around here you can get a 24 pack for 8 dollers. if i get this desperate, i'm going to go with mad dog 20/20 again. at least it's a bit cheaper...

out of a can, into the solo cups. Red and Blue, with golden water cups, KU style.

A: really really watery, barely and color at all.

S: Smells like Keystone... do not want.

T: tastes like metallic urine water.

M: Like water.

D: Very drinkable, like water, metallic water...

Good for: beer pong, beer games - if you are really really cheap that is...

I actually drank this in High school when learning to drink.

appearance: light yellow, to basically clear, even more clear than others

smell: slight hops to almost zero smell

taste: Little to none, basically just a clear refresher, just plain gross

mouthfeel: watery and very high carbonation

drinkability: lawnmower beer

A - Extremely light yellow, such as well hydrated urine.
S - Dusty rubbing alcohol.
T - Tastes like rubbing alcohol mixed with tonic water.
O - Baaaaad.
V - Really good value, stuff runs at like 12 bucks for a 30 pack.

"If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all."

I'll deviate from this rule long enough to say that this is probably the worst beer I've ever tasted. It is light yet virtually undrinkable, and after choking one down I actually would have drank a Bud Light to wash the taste out of my mouth. If I urinated into an empty Keystone Light can and put it in the fridge overnight I would have myself a far more drinkable beverage than Keystone Light.

I drank this from the can, when i couldn't get my hands on natty light, how sad is that.

The beer is watery clear gold with not much of head unless you shake the can.

the aroma is all skunk. The taste is the same but has a terrible aftertaste.

The feel is all water and you can't drink a lot of this no matter what.

Poured from a can into a SA Perfect Pint glass (although I suspect the glassware doesn't matter with this beer).

I've drank about a thousand of these in my younger years before I knew what beer actually was. So I figured I'd owe it to the BA community to offer my professional opinion. Frankly, I find the endless stream of "F" ratings for this beer to be absolutely hilarious, as are the personal comments that accompany the reviews.

A: Pours an extremely pale straw color with a 1-finger fizzy white head, which subsides as fast as it developed.

S: Can't smell a thing. Maybe a generic "cheap beer" aroma? Some sort of alcoholic grains or something? Who knows. Who really cares?

T: Bitter cheap beer taste. I can't really quantify it. Is it corn? Some other type of grain? Is it even fermentable? Wish I knew. Just a terrible, watery, virtually nonexistent flavor. But it does taste sort of bitter, so maybe that's something.

M: Fizzy carbonation, not much else. Pretty dry, I guess.

O: I'm assuming the kitchen sink appreciated this more than I did, as this stuff hit the drain after 3 sips. I'm sorry, but I just couldn't tolerate any more.

Final remarks: Unless you're short on cash or want to pound down a case or two of weak beer, avoid this at all costs. Good enough for inexperienced college kids looking for a cheap buzz, but really not much else. But I just had to give this 1.0's across the board, as there really aren't any redeeming beer-like qualities here.

Honestly, if you're looking for a cheap beer that actually resembles a real beer, try a Stroh's in the blue can. At least with that one you know you're not just drinking bad-tasting water.

This Brewski is an exceptional party beer and nothing more.

The smell and taste are both an overwhelming metallic beer flavored water.

Tis' nothing more than a cheap American brew with water from a dirty rain puddle.

The only upside is that you can scrap some change and purchase a thirty pack of this cheap brew.

You can drink as much as you want without the taste of beer, only metal, in your mouth.

1.03/5  rDev -48%

Okay I have a thing where i want to try cheap adjunct lagers even though I know I'll dislike every single one of them, I don't mind paying for craft beers so I'm not sure why I do this...so tonight is Keystone and the ultra cheap Big Flat (which is better).

Poured from a can into a glass, I didn't check for any dates.

This poured a light straw color with a white head. The smell was of corn adjuncts with a slight sweet malt smell. the mouth feel was light (giving light a new meaning), slight carbonation. The taste was of mostly water, a little flavor, some adjuncts no bitterness. Overall this beer was bland boring what ever you would expect, I doubt anyone drank it for the taste, I can honestly say that this is the most water like beer I've ever drank, if I want a cheap buzz I'll stick with Pabst.

Overall I can't think of a more boring beer than this one, at least the bad tasting ones try to achieve something more than just water. I completely hate this lack of attempt at anything except for being "smooth" (which means like water I guess).

1.03/5  rDev -48%

This is an old time favorite over at the CU frat houses. Seriously, they really love this stuff over there. And why not, its only like $10 a keg right? No, you could not pay me to drink this stuff. Even if one can get past the piss color appearance, there is a bitter grainy aroma to look over. Then the stale yeasty taste and over carbonated body really does the job. If you want something you can drink all night and never taste, go for it CU.

1.03/5  rDev -48%

Wow. Had this at a friend's party who really wanted to get rid of this. A good friend and I laughed and decided to seriously review this beer, pouring the can into pilsener glasses. The experience was not pleasant. I'm going to be constructive, but fair warning, I'm not going to hold back my lack of satisfaction.

A: The best part of this beer, which isn't saying much. Two-finger head with a short-lived retention. No lacing. I'm giving this at least a 1.5 simply because it had a bigger head than I expected. Very pale yellow. This will be the highest rating for this beer because...

S: This was the worst smelling beer I've ever had. Most people say a bad beer smells like piss; This one literally smelled like piss. Musky, stale grains; so the smell of your piss after eating a lot of toast.

T: This was also the worst tasting. I don't understand why people can walk into a liquor store, go past all the beers, get to keystone light, and buy it with a smile. For 50 cents more you could buy a beer leaps and bounds better tasting then this. I could hardly taste the stale cereal grains over the amount of carbonated water.

M: Most light beers at least have a healthy and satisfying dose of carbonation. This one did not. Finished without any tracing of flavor. Incredibly watery.

O: I really don't mean to give this beer a clubbing, but holy hell was this the worst beer I have ever had. Watery taste, horrible smell, and little carbonation. At least it's cheap, but honestly, there are beers 10x better for jut 50 cents more. Save yourself.

1.04/5  rDev -47.5%

It's taste is an amalgam of lightly fermented hobo piss and ethanol, diluted with water that came out of the LA river. However, it has one of the highest alcohol content per dollar ratio's in the cheapest of the cheap light beer market. When we bough beer for parties in college it was keystone light, so homeless alcoholics and broke college students enjoy!!! Everyone else should steer clear.

1.05/5  rDev -47%

Quite possibly the saddest attempt of a beer I've ever had. Really poor quality, I know guys who still drink this willingly and it makes me wanna rip my hair out. It's almost crystal clear in color, no flavor besides maybe a slight hint of barley. This is not a beer to sit back and enjoy it's more like something that your going to chug at a kegger in college and puke up a few hours later.

1.05/5  rDev -47%

This is hands down the worst beer I have ever had. I've had it a few times at parties and could barely down it. I feel like this makes Natty Light look like jesus. The color is poor yellow and it smells like corn and urine. It takes like carbonation. It has a very smooth mouthfeel but the taste is just so bad. I would never, ever spend my own money on this. I probably won't even drink this if it's offered for free. I don't like bashing beer, but this is the worst I've had.

1.06/5  rDev -46.5%

From a distance looks like it would be like any other cheap beer. Simply put, it's not. This is by far the WORST beer I've ever had. Not worth buying, not worth drinking.

1.08/5  rDev -45.5%

Pours light and clear, with a thin head.

Smells... well... bad. Has a clean and ever so slightly grainy scent. Even when fresh, it can take on a slightly "skunky" aroma. Smells best if served ice cold.

Taste. Somewhere between bad and non-existent. Tastes very slightly of malt, with almost no discernible hops. No aftertaste. This beer tasted best ice cold - the colder it is, the less flavor it has.

1.09/5  rDev -44.9%

Appearance - pours a very pale yellow with almost no head

Smell - cat piss, mold, wet feet

Taste - unbelievably horrible, has a sour milk taste with moldy grains adding to the chaos

Mouthfeel - too acidic and super high carbonation. Does not want me to ever take another sip

Overall - extremely cheap beer and the quality reflects that

1.1/5  rDev -44.4%

What can you say really? You basically know what you're getting into when you reach for one of these, which is a night of getting hammered. More or less a sorry excuse for a beer, but must admit being in college, and at $14 for a 30 it serves it's purpose. Nothing to enjoy, just something to play beirut with and get drunk.

1.1/5  rDev -44.4%

Tried after Busch light at an anniversary party. This one I actually poured into a plastic cup. Light yellow fizzy beer with bubbles rising steadily. Smell was nigh on nothing. Taste was of light club soda and a little beerishness. Mouthfell also falls flat. Not recommended, ever.

1.11/5  rDev -43.9%

Got this one from a friend of mine. With friends like this...never mind. Clear gold color with a thin head which disappears quickly. The smell...ugh! Some grain and not much else.Taste is mostly water, slightly bitter water at that with no real malt sweetness. could this cause the dreaded bitter beer face? Mouthfeel is thin and watery with fair carbonation. As far drinkability goes, I'll get my friend for this one. Next time I will pass, even if it is free like this one was.

1.12/5  rDev -43.4%

Reviewed from notes.

Pours a clear golden color with plenty of visible carbonation. I'll give it a few points here as it has pretty much nailed the light straw color with a short-lasting white head thing. Nose is grain and vegetables, mostly corn with a bit of squash. Taste is very, very light but all that's really there is a bit of grain and faint corn. Light body with pretty high carbonation. Gross.

1.13/5  rDev -42.9%

i was looking forward to enjoying a nice delicious beer but unfortunately this was the only beer my room mate had. after taking the first sip i could already tell how bad it was. throughout the entire beer, it tasted like an ass of a cheap beer (example: budweiser and busch). i recommend staying away from this beer at all cost.

1.13/5  rDev -42.9%

Pour out a clear/pale yellow. Highly carbonated. No head. Smells like corn. Tastes like very bitter ( not a good bitter, either) corn, maltand water.
Mouthfeel is very thin and very watery. It really leaves a bad aftertaste, too. Not really drinkable,at all.

Keystone Light from Coors Brewing Company