Keystone Light - Coors Brewing Company

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 10-25-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Keystone Light Alström Bros
Ratings: 1,811 | Reviews: 482
1.42/5  rDev -20.7%

Makes BMC lites taste tolerable.

1.94/5  rDev +8.4%

There's really nothing special about Keystone Light. About as pale on flavor as it is in color. But this is my go-to summer beer. After working in the heat and humidity of southern Missouri prepping the bottom field for the upcoming deer season, the last thing I'm reaching for is a heavy (yet delicious) craft brew. BBQ with friends? Keystone Light allows me to keep up with my buddies without bloating like roadkill. The best part is the price. $15 for a 30-pack. Definately a "quantity beer." Overall, this isn't a terrible example of the style. God knows you could do worse.

1.78/5  rDev -0.6%

I've probably had thousands of these (seriously) back when they were "$13 bones for 30 stones." Provided me some great memories, and some times I don't remember, however, for a beer review, they're awful, nothing I'd go out of my way to get, hell, might even pass on one now if it was all I had. Just watery suds that'll get you drunk if you drink enough. The'll always have a special place in my heart, but never in my fridge...

2.6/5  rDev +45.3%

Go ahead, throw out my rating. I admit it, it's primarily based on nostalgia. I drank this crap all throughout high school and college. I was the keystone light guy. My buddies would buy a half case of "good" beer such as Budweiser, and for the same price I'd buy a case of stones. Could I drink a case? Sure...throughout the course of a week. But I always had enough to share with girls who didn't have any beer because they didn't have a fake ID. So, who's the dummy here? Plus, I really don't think there's much of a difference between this beer and some of the more popular light lagers such as Bud Light.

1.71/5  rDev -4.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.75

Essentially the same thing as Coors Light, not offensive, not something I search out though.

2.43/5  rDev +35.8%

For a American light beer it does what it's intended to do. Go down easy. Light and watery but is my go to for a normal day.

1.4/5  rDev -21.8%

This is crap, but if your drinking a lot and in the right company it can be refreshing.

I would sooner drink my shoe.

1.15/5  rDev -35.8%

very light, is there beer in here?

1.25/5  rDev -30.2%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

Convinced me that I hated beer when I first tried it.

1.43/5  rDev -20.1%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 2

It's just not too good. Ice is slightly better but it's just pretty gross and bland.

2.7/5  rDev +50.8%
look: 4 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

25 oz can after painting.
Pale color smallish head. Light grainy corny aroma and flavor. Crisp light clean adjunct beer. It didn't totally suck, but would have been better with just more of something.

2.29/5  rDev +27.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.25

Good cheap beer For drunk time

1.25/5  rDev -30.2%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

you are going to make me write a review about Keystone?? Bitter member face.

1.34/5  rDev -25.1%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.25

Well, at least it's great keg beer.

3.24/5  rDev +81%
look: 3.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 2.75

Not good at all. Extremely watery and tastes very flat. No matter what I drink this out of, can or glass, it does not taste good. There is too much carbonation every time I drink this. Would not recommend this one.

2.2/5  rDev +22.9%

Ew. Only as a last resort, I guess.

1.93/5  rDev +7.8%

Poured from a can. Golden and clear with no carbonation. Metallic taste with a marginal hop and cereal grain flavor. Average mouthfeel. Not great.

1.5/5  rDev -16.2%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Keith stone is really not all that smooth

2.59/5  rDev +44.7%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 2.75

Sweet and slightly watery with hint of alcohol even though it's a low ABV. Somewhat high rating because regardless of the beer, I like high carbonation in lighter beers and lighter styles in general

1.06/5  rDev -40.8%

From a distance looks like it would be like any other cheap beer. Simply put, it's not. This is by far the WORST beer I've ever had. Not worth buying, not worth drinking.

2.03/5  rDev +13.4%
look: 1.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.25

It looks almost clear when you pour it and it is extremely watery and tasteless.

4.84/5  rDev +170.4%

My go to light beer.

1.59/5  rDev -11.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.5

16oz can poured into a pint glass

A- Pours a crystal clear, almost water-like straw color with a small fizzy white head that retains pretty long after the pour

S- pretty muted aroma, hints of cooked corn, whips of grass and some perfume

T- flavor up front tastes pretty much like seltzer water, it's that bland. Some adjunct flavoring mid-palate, the finish has an odd metallic flavor with just a hint of toasted malt on the linger

M- watery thin body with low carbonation leads to a watery mouthfeel that continues into the finish

O- this is one of the most watery beers I've ever had, it simply has no flavor. It's certainly a stretch to call this beer

2.25/5  rDev +25.7%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

Works for beer pong (but that's about it)

Keystone Light from Coors Brewing Company