Keystone Light - Coors Brewing Company

awful

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 10-25-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Keystone Light Alström Bros
2.12/5  rDev +18.4%

This probably doesn't really deserve a review, but I thought I'd do one anyhow. I've heard rumors it is essentially Coors Light and it tastes pretty much the same. Got some sitting at the back of the fridge so it's review time.

Appearance (2) - Re-review. in the can, updated and poured for appearance. Fluffy white two finger head that recedes like a mudslide. Pale hay colored appearance, transparent as water. Read your Kindle through it, Keystone doesn't mind!

Smell (1.5) - canned corn. mildewy grains. fried egg. tin. hint of lemon lime soda.

Taste/Flavor (1.5) - Pretty much awful but the drinkability saves it from completely tanking, so I'll give it that. I get musty corn, tin, cardboard, and a residual grainy sweetness on the finish. (Later, with peanut butter, it tastes like Olive juice. So weird.)

Mouthfeel/Drinkability (3.5) - "Always Smooth". The carbonation is wrapped in an easy drinking smoothness. Super watery, though. Can't say any more or less than that. Pound a few without regret.

Overall (2.12) - It may be the worst beer in my fridge but it's not the worst beer of all time. It gets a pretty bad rep but it has a few redeeming qualities. For a light beer it drinks smooth. It's not tasty, but I'll take that lack of taste over some of the over-hopped IPA "crafts" I've had.I think I bought this 12 pack of cans for around $8 if I remember right. If anything, the price is right. So you've got price and drink-ability as the positives, with pretty much everything else weighing it down. If Keystone Light is for you, rock it. But don't stop here. To do so would be a grave injustice.

The-Adjunct-Hippie, Aug 10, 2014

For a man of both macro and craft, this is my personal favorite macro American light. I poured it from the can into my trusty drinking boot for this review.
The appearance is light gold and very transparent, as with most brews of this style. Decent sized head, too.
Not much of an aroma here, so I can't honestly say its offensive to me. Nor can I say its the most amazing scent I've ever experienced, thus the 3 rating.
The mouthfeel is very light and crisp with virtually no lingering elements. This is expected with light American adjuncts, so I certainly wasn't disappointed.
The taste is very,very slightly more hoppy and noticeable than Coor's Light-the "main" light brew of the company. Another reason why I go for this when the occasion calls for it.
If I'm low on funds and just want something light, Keystone Light is my personal choice. For under $20 here in northeast Ohio, I really dig that price when I'm in a light beer mood. As I've said in my Budweiser review, while I venture out into more exciting territories in the world of craft brew, I have the old standby. This just so happens to be my light standby.

Caveworm, Mar 10, 2014
2.08/5  rDev +16.2%

12 oz can with no freshness date.

Appearance: Soda fizzle type head with no retention. Perfect strip filtered clarity showing a extremely pale yellow colour.

Smell: Clean with a faint astringent husky grain and creamed corn aroma.

Taste & Mouthfeel: Off slickness in the mouth with a dense crispness that seems too forced … added dextrins? Very little malt flavour at all, bitter bit from a flavourless hop and astringent grain show it has some beer quality but not much. Finishes dry with no after taste … almost like drinking nothing at all.

Notes: It is what it is, a cheap crappy light beer. For people that are so worried about the price of beer and think they need to drink light beer this is for them. Sadly what they spend on a six pack, which most down in less than an hour, they could buy one bottle of real ale from England and actually have some respect for beer. Or even a bomber of Euro lager with real hop flavour ...

Jason, Mar 20, 2003

dabarton, 50 minutes ago
2.75/5  rDev +53.6%

Reds76, Today at 12:07 PM

scuttlebutt21, Today at 07:29 AM

Easy drinking smooth, simple, light beer. I personally like Keystone light. Its very crisp and refreshing. Rating it on what it is, an american light beer, its one of the best you can get.

robinkimballbrand, Today at 03:12 AM
2.5/5  rDev +39.7%

a77cj7, Wednesday at 10:26 PM

DCLAguy11, Wednesday at 06:54 PM
2.5/5  rDev +39.7%

Seems to taste better when sipped from their camo wrapped cans.

Assmacker, Wednesday at 03:38 AM
1.75/5  rDev -2.2%

The_Jerk, Tuesday at 04:25 PM
1.25/5  rDev -30.2%

The best thing about this awful beer is its advertising. Keith Stone is a riot. Otherwise, forget it. It's not worth drinking.

Doctor_Bogenbroom, Tuesday at 03:07 PM