Keystone Light - Coors Brewing Company

awful

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 10-25-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Keystone Light Alström Bros
Longhorn22

1.88/5  rDev +5%

A - This is a gross yellow color, just like the other macros

S - This actually smells worse than most light beers. I stopped drinking this beer because of the smell

T - The taste is mediocre. It tastes mostly like water, with a bit of bitter hops and some alcohol.

M/D - It is moderately easy to drink one of these, but I don't think I want to.

Bottom Line: Cheap way to get drunk, but I would rather spend 2 or 3 times more per beer and drink 2 or 3 times less beers and just be less drunk than to drink this stuff.

~Cheers

03-09-2010 02:13:08 | More by Longhorn22
rhythmguitartz88

2.35/5  rDev +31.3%

This beer is the stereotypical college beer. There are two reasons for that. One of course being that it is a light beer that will go down easy for drinking games like pong or kings. It's also cheep as hell.
The appearance is nothing special a very clear yellow hue with very little head when poured.
The smell is also nothing too amazing. It simply smells a little bitter but the smell is not a significant one to say the least.
Taste is equally unimpressive. Just enough hops in it to call it beer.
You wont lose much from your wallet though!

03-08-2010 05:43:10 | More by rhythmguitartz88
alli4051

Colorado

3.2/5  rDev +78.8%

Really reviewing this one just for kicks. This was the college favorite for my circle of friends for two reasons:

A: We didn't know any better.

2: It was $9.99 for a 30 rack.

I wouldn't even define this as sessionable, I'd call it a marathon beer. Beer pong, asshole, kings, whatever drinking game you choose this is the perfect accompaniment. Certainly not going for quality here, though I do feel it surpasses most macros, but if your looking for quantity for the duration this is the way to go.

02-26-2010 05:52:40 | More by alli4051
FreshHawk

1.68/5  rDev -6.1%

A - Clear pale yellow with a decent sized white head. Reduces very fast with no real lacing.

S - Almost non-existent. A bit of adjunct malt kind of sweetness.

T - Light malt and adjunct sweetness. Very little hop bitterness. Pretty watery.

M - Light and crisp mouthfeel. Watery.

D - Easy to drink a lot, and if I'm drinking this, everyone is probably going to be drinking a lot. However, the taste doesn't make me want to drink more.

Notes: Pretty much what you expect from a really cheap beer. Like drinking water with a hint of beer.

02-24-2010 18:26:38 | More by FreshHawk
rednrag

Oklahoma

2.95/5  rDev +64.8%

Do not really care for light beers, but I will say this is a little better than a lot of them. Actually, I prefer this to its big brother Coors Light. Seems to have some flavor to it.
Would definitely drink this over Bud Light The worlds worst beer.
Wish I still had a Torpedo IPA left.

02-23-2010 23:39:59 | More by rednrag
mtnbikerpa

2.08/5  rDev +16.2%

Poured from a 24 ounce can into a pint glass. No head or even carbonation to speak of. Pale clear yellow color. Basically flavorless. If I stretch my palate I can detect a little sweetness from corn and some metalic flavors. Very watery in the mouth. Another mass produced beer to be mass consumed.

01-28-2010 22:43:07 | More by mtnbikerpa
burnerfinger

1.88/5  rDev +5%

24 oz can, bought for the price and becuase I've not reviewed this yet. But mostly becuase I only had $2 at the time.

a lemon yellowcolor big foamy haed dissipates like 7 up leaving no lacing at all

s strange antiseptic smell

t dont really know what to say about this really almost tasteless

m foamy, very lite

d non drinkable.

01-26-2010 02:22:34 | More by burnerfinger
UWagner

"If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all."

I'll deviate from this rule long enough to say that this is probably the worst beer I've ever tasted. It is light yet virtually undrinkable, and after choking one down I actually would have drank a Bud Light to wash the taste out of my mouth. If I urinated into an empty Keystone Light can and put it in the fridge overnight I would have myself a far more drinkable beverage than Keystone Light.

01-15-2010 21:46:10 | More by UWagner
jrallen34

I drank this from the can, when i couldn't get my hands on natty light, how sad is that.

The beer is watery clear gold with not much of head unless you shake the can.

the aroma is all skunk. The taste is the same but has a terrible aftertaste.

The feel is all water and you can't drink a lot of this no matter what.

12-30-2009 22:23:30 | More by jrallen34
dpodratsky3

16 oz tallboy poured into weizen glass

A: White, soda-like head that rises up to around 2 fingers easily and then settles to some active bubbles, but not head retention, beer is typical super pale gold straw color, nothing out of the ordinary here

S: slightly unique aroma, smells like all adjunct, most light lagers smell like adjunct and slight musty grain, this smells different, I can't tell if its more adjunct or more grain, but definitely a little different

T: zero taste, honestly tastes like carbonated water with a slightly grainy aftertaste, but it is so slight

M: again, like carbonated water, a tad dry on the finish, to distinguish it from H2O

D: once again, like water, however you have to measure this in terms of "I want to drink this-ability"

Notes: As I have said in my other reviews, light lagers taste so similar to me. That being said I think Keystone Light fills Coors niche as a more bargain brand. It looks considerably more pale and has a much fizzier head than Bud/Miller/Coors Light. Smell, mouthfeel, and drinkability are the same. However, it tastes slightly more watered down. However, it'll have a special place in my drinking heart, since it is my go to cheap beer. I will refrain from giving it higher scores because of this, but at the end of the day would drink my Stones over a Bud Light.

12-20-2009 22:47:42 | More by dpodratsky3
Stinkypuss

2.35/5  rDev +31.3%

Keystone Light, the beer of choice at a neighbors party. A half keg nonetheless.

Pours a gold with a decent amount of head that fades to nothing after a while. Crystal clear beer, in a straw hue. Pretty pale.

Aroma has just a faint beery notion.

A touch of malt in the flavor with a smooth creaminess. Light husk flavors as it warms, but this beer is best served ice cold obviously.

Smooth and crisp, a bit creamy though thin with a moderate carbonation level.

Well, its drinkable. Not better beer but you can actually do worse.

12-19-2009 05:49:30 | More by Stinkypuss
tone77

2.55/5  rDev +42.5%

Poured from a 24 oz. can. Has a very pale yellow color with a 1/2 inch head. Not much in the way of aroma, maybe some corn. Taste is lacking, basicallly water with some hints of beer. Feels like water in the mouth. Drinkability is good, in the same manner as water or iced tea. Overall there is not much to recommend about this one.

11-30-2009 23:09:40 | More by tone77
Cyberkedi

Georgia

1.73/5  rDev -3.4%

This beer pours an uninspiring clear pale yellow with a thin white head that disappears fairly quickly. Aroma is crisp, malty and rather weak. Flavor is malty and insipid, hardly there at all. The texture is quite thin and a little watery. It is hardly like drinking beer at all.

11-22-2009 03:03:11 | More by Cyberkedi
heissebier

1.58/5  rDev -11.7%

My fraternity brothers bought a bunch of these for $12.99 a case, so I decided I might as well review one.

Appearance- Don't even bother pouring this one out of the can. It's incredibly pale with a shitty head that dissipates in no time at all and lots and lots of carbonation.

Smell- Maybe some corn. Nothing interesting except it for that distinctive "bad light beer" aroma that permeates our 4th floor.

Taste- Follows the smell, actually almost tastes like nothing at all. There seems to be one hop in the whole can and it's fighting a sweet corn and rice malt. They sort of cancel eachother out, but leave collateral damage.

Mouthfeel- Crisp and watery. Carbonated to the point where they're obviously trying to mask the bad flavor.

Drinkability- Good if you're just looking for a way to get wasted on the cheap, horrific if you in any way care about what's passing through your mouth.

11-16-2009 02:50:46 | More by heissebier
womencantsail

2.13/5  rDev +19%

A: Incredibly pale yellow. As with many other light lagers, the appearance is incredibly reminiscent of water. There is a fluffy white head, initially, which quickly disappears.

S: The smell is pretty bad. A large amount of gas from the carbonation stings the nose a bit, and then you are hit with the smell of rice and corn, with very little grain.

T: The taste is, not surprisingly, very light. It is sweet and is noticeably lacking in grain flavor. There is a complete absence of hops as well. As it warms up, it gets worse, so drink it fast.

M: The beer is very, very thin and fizzy.

D: The mouthfeel, along with a very cold temperature, is what makes this beer somewhat palatable.

11-09-2009 03:44:52 | More by womencantsail
hardy008

1.1/5  rDev -38.5%

Got this one from a friend of mine. With friends like this...never mind. Clear gold color with a thin head which disappears quickly. The smell...ugh! Some grain and not much else.Taste is mostly water, slightly bitter water at that with no real malt sweetness. could this cause the dreaded bitter beer face? Mouthfeel is thin and watery with fair carbonation. As far drinkability goes, I'll get my friend for this one. Next time I will pass, even if it is free like this one was.

11-05-2009 02:02:53 | More by hardy008
macrent2

Indiana

1.88/5  rDev +5%

Appearance:
This beer comes in cans and is drunk in multiples by college students, and now I know why! After pouring this beer into a clear glass, I noticed that it had no color other than very pale yellow. Later on there was a very small amount of loose heading. No noticable lacing on the glass. Just drink it out of the can!

Aroma:
Light sweet smell.

Palate:
No real palate. However, it goes down very well (too well).

Flavour:
I had a hard time with the flavour it is almost a sickly sweet corn flavour!

Overall:
This stuff is drunk by horny college underclassmen like piss water...save up and buy something with some flavour and a bit of class!

11-01-2009 23:38:58 | More by macrent2
merryjoulton

Arkansas

2.2/5  rDev +22.9%

I've been seeing billboards for this stuff all over town so I had to give it a try to see what all the fuss is about. Can't say much in favor of my experience other than it was indeed pretty light which I guess was their goal. No smell, taste or mouthfeel to speak of, all very bland and generic. Drinkability was ok because I might as well have been drinking water.

10-17-2009 23:47:36 | More by merryjoulton
greengorilla

I poured this from a 16 ounce can into a pint glass. It is a clear pale yellow with a white fizzy head that disappeared quickly.

It does not smell good. I want to say that it has a corn smell, but I can't really say that, because I like corn. I don't like this.

There is very little taste. It is almost like drinking water.

There is some carbonation that helps the mouthfeel a little.

It really isn't all that drinkable. I would rather have a glass of water. I did actually drink a second one straight out of the can, and it was more drinkable that way. I think that the smell of this one just really turns me off. This beer really would only be good for filling a beer bong at a college party.

10-05-2009 14:46:56 | More by greengorilla
manwich

Connecticut

1.6/5  rDev -10.6%

Probably the least offensive of the ultra-budget 'beers' in its family (Bush Light, Natural Light, Milwaukee's Beast Light, etc). Best consumed out of the can as pouring it tends to a) warm it up and expose some nasty flavors b) showcase how pathetic it looks. Poured into a pint glass it makes Heineken look like a dark beer, a fizzy white head bubbles and then disappears quickly. Vaguely metallic and grain scent, no particularly strong flavors of any sort. Generally nasty tasting but drinkable cold. Quintessential frat party beer.

I boiled off the water while steaming corn on the cob recently and the syrup that cooked onto the bottom of the pan smelled very similar to Keystone...which should give you some indication of what it is really made up of.

09-22-2009 06:23:24 | More by manwich
HopBacchus

2.17/5  rDev +21.2%

A: An extremely pale straw yellow large thin head vanishes quickly

S: Not much hear a faint smell of yeast and metal

T: Light malts with little or no hop character metallic notes and starchy malt booster come through

M: Sparkling water

D: Its like drinking mineral water goes down very smooth

09-17-2009 18:26:05 | More by HopBacchus
bump8628

Oklahoma

1.18/5  rDev -34.1%

My duty as a college student to review this beer.

Pours with a fizzy soda pop head that lasts about a 1/2 second. This beer is about as close to colorless as beer gets. It's barely even a straw-colored yellow.

Almost no aroma at all. A tiny bit of rice-like grainy character comes through.

The taste is almost nonexistent. I think water has more character than this beer. No hop character to speak of. A slight corn-like sweetness is about all that is present.

A lot of carbonation and watery mouthfeel makes it feel like sparkling water in the mouth.

Obviously, I understand what makes this beer appealing to college students, but I'd rather have one decent craft beer over an entire case of this (but I guess that's why I'm a BA).

09-07-2009 19:16:58 | More by bump8628
nomomentwasted

Oregon

1.65/5  rDev -7.8%

Had this out of a can, poured into a red cup, the only acceptable way this beer should ever really be consumed: in drinking games, specifically along the lines of beer pong.

I feel bad even rating this beer, and part of me says let well enough be, as everything you can imagine a crappy, macro, cheap, lgiht macro-lager to be, this bee is. It's as pale yellow as they come, with a rather gross looking head and carbonation up the wazoo. I don't even really know what I tasted outside of metal, tap water, and a rice-style malt.

To say it safely, there are much, much better options out there for quality, but then again, you get what you pay for. A 30-pack for 12 dollars only gets you so much, and doing anything with this beer other than straight pounding it is to do yourself an incredible diservice to your beer-loving palate. At a college party, this stuff is unavoidable, but serves its purpose as a highly poundable, flavorless piss.

09-06-2009 17:41:30 | More by nomomentwasted
Bookseeb

Washington

2.63/5  rDev +46.9%

From a 24oz. can. Appearance is pale yellow in color with a crisp head that dissapates quickly. Smell has a light corn adjunct aroma. Taste has not much to speak of, very light grain and hops with a slight sweetness. Mouthfeel is light with a good amount of carbonation. If your looking for a thirst quencher on a hot day and no more it would be a good one, it's watered down but clean.

08-22-2009 23:03:35 | More by Bookseeb
gameface23

Can at a college graduation party. There was nothing else available, and it broke my heart.

Lifeless, pale, weak and watery. The can lent an unappealing chemical taste to the beer. The mouthfeel was exceptionally thin. I can't think of anything appealing about this beer.

08-21-2009 16:49:36 | More by gameface23