Keystone Light - Coors Brewing Company

awful

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 10-25-2001)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Keystone Light Alström Bros
1.48/5  rDev -17.3%

The ol' bro-law left a few cans in my DBF from the weekend, as a taunt. But whatdahec - let's see what we have here.

Clear straw yellow pour, a tiny white head popped up and petered out within a minute. Cooked veggies and cardboard in the aroma. Quaff is not much better, corn and husky grains. No malt, no hops. A freakin' glass of club soda with a hint of beer.

It may be cheap, but geez, it's not enjoyable trying to gag this stuff down. But man-up I will, it will not hit the sink on my watch.

Vancer, Feb 17, 2009
2.55/5  rDev +42.5%

The beer pours a pale gold color with a 1/2" fizzy white head that quickly fades to no lacing. The aroma is below average. It has a faint pilsner malt scent along with some adjuncts and a dry lager yeast aroma. The taste is less than average as well. It has a watery, pilsner malt flavor that's devoid of any real beer character. It goes down extremely smooth and finishes dry with very little malt taste. The mouthfeel is average. It is a low bodied beer with adequate carbonation. This is an easy drinking beer, but it's nothing special, even by light lager standards.

WesWes, Feb 08, 2009
1.2/5  rDev -33%

I'm in college. A Keystone light review is necessary.

The apperance looks as if someone took a decent lager and added a ton of water.

The smell... What smell? All I smell is the aluminum of the can.

Taste... wee bit of a sweet malt in a lot of aluminum water. On the very, very end I noticed the tiniest amount of hops. Like a hop leaf.

Mouthfeel? Like water.

Drinkability? You can pound them all night. But why would you want to? If you just want to get drunk, buy cheap vodka and fruit juice.

The price? like $10 30, or as SUNY Oswego students say, a "30 rack," so I assume that this swill will be a popular brew for years to come.

fingerlaker, Jan 12, 2009
2.23/5  rDev +24.6%

Appearance: Pretty much piss. Actively carbonated piss, at that.

Smell: Not much. Slightly metallic, with some yeasts and boiled carrots thrown in.

Taste: Starts off pretty much like any other BMC: yeasts reinforce a largely metallic adjunct flavor. However, this one ends with an artificial sweetness that's almost slick and buttery. At least they were trying for something different from the typical macro crap, even though they largely didn't succeed.

Mouthfeel: Carbonation hits the palate initially, but tries to quickly dissipate when the aftertaste kicks in.

Drink: Another beer pong beer for the records.

thekanna, Jan 12, 2009
2.17/5  rDev +21.2%

Presentation: 12oz aluminum can...none of the witty slogans/sayings on this can make me any more excited about drinking this

Appearance: Very light yellow, with a super soapy head that instantly fades to NOTHING but the faintest ring

Smell: VERY light corny sweetness, no real malt, and NO hop presence

Taste: Kind of fruity, with LIGHT corn sweetness, NO hops...just a tad sweet and adjuncty...

Mouthfeel: Ultra light

Drinkability: High

Conclusion: NOTHING here...it's got massive drinkability, but so does water...and this has about as much character...it's thirst quenching...and...thirst quenching...

BedetheVenerable, Jan 12, 2009
2.1/5  rDev +17.3%

Poured from a 12oz - specially lined can. This brew pours a light yellow with next to no head. Nose is faint and grainy like corn. Taste is light, only slightly malty and a touch sweet. No hops to speak of. Finishes clean and relatively dry. Body is very light and carbonation level is fair. All in all this is not a very good lager but I imagine one could drink a number of then on a hot day.

SickBrew, Jan 03, 2009
2.2/5  rDev +22.9%

A - Looks like water almost, very light color, forms a head but its gone in a matter of seconds, no lacing.

S - Umm, theres a smell?

T - I don't know what to give this beer for taste because honestly, there is no taste. Water has more flavor than this beer.

M - yet again, water, with some carbonation.

D - If you can drink water you can knock these back all night long!

This beer really has no taste at all to me, so I guess its really not a bad tasting beer. I guess that does make it a decent party beer because you could drink a case of these no problem.

cottonkoozie, Dec 30, 2008
2.1/5  rDev +17.3%

Probably the "better" outta that garbage corp. beer.

Now this shit is nastier than my Ex-Girlfriend!! FOR REAL NO DOUBT!!!

looks like infected piss... Plain and simple, I piss this shit. I WON't even play beer pong with this horrid disgrace of man-kind!

One awful aspect of this beverage (I REFUSE TO CALL IT BEER) is that it gives you some nasty ass shits. ONCE again, nastier than my ex girlfriend.

cleeze, Dec 23, 2008
2.25/5  rDev +25.7%

Once when poured into a glass it was a very pale yellow with white foam and no lace. The smell of nothing was there. The taste of nothing was also there. But, what a nice inexpensive beer to have on a hot day after chopping a couple of cord of wood. Great summer sipper, and that's about all it's worth!

BeerManDan, Dec 19, 2008
2.45/5  rDev +36.9%

I stopped by the convenience store on the way to deer camp to pick up some adult beverages. I saw this on sale for $7.99 for an 18 pack and figured what the hell, I remember drinking it in college and it was okay. But that was college.

A - Light, clear, yellow color with a thick head that dissipated quickly

S - Beer, cheap beer

T - Beer from a can, cheap beer from a can

M - Thin, flat, not much

D - Went down smooth, probably because I'd wisely iced it down with some ice and rock salt so it would get really cold. I could down several of these.

Yep, this is a college brew where those who drink it will care less what it tastes like as long as it gets you loaded, which is why they sell this stuff. Right? Good beer? No. Will I buy it again? Only for deer camp.

dpsychoholic69, Dec 18, 2008
2.3/5  rDev +28.5%

12 oz can

Ah Keystone light, the typical beer for college partying. Really the only thing its good for is a quick buzz. It is decently drinkable, which is good if your going for a quick buzz.

Not much too look at, or smell, or taste. Has a decent carbonation to it, but nothing to write home about. Drinkability is its only upside in my opinion.

Really the only time I will ever drink this is when hanging out with my college buddies who haven't gotten past their "cheap beer" phase. I don't want to be rude after all.

Mistofminn, Dec 10, 2008
1.58/5  rDev -11.7%

Sadly, I have tried every type of Keystone, and this this the best one out there. Pours nearly clear, with tons of foam; which, coincidentally will look exactly like your pee after consuming a few of these. The aroma is metal, though that could be the can. Taste is metal and veggie, yum. Official beer of Delta Tau Delta at the U of A.

magictrokini, Dec 05, 2008
1.45/5  rDev -19%

This is awful, with a plain, stale rice taste.

Pale straw-gold, it has a medium, very airy and fizzy, white head that immediately vanishes to nothing at all.

The aroma is dischwater, faint chemicals, and something that smells kind of like old grain that has been sitting in a barn.

The taste is bland with a faint, stale rice element and a hint of faint grain in the aftertaste plus a very faint "Sprite" quality. The feel is rough, thin, and watery. Unlike Coors Light, which is almost mediocre and actually better than regular Coors to me, this stuff is dreadful.

Offa, Dec 05, 2008
1.58/5  rDev -11.7%

A- Clear pale yellow color when poured. Looks a little thick.

S- You can smell alcohol, but not really much else. Kinda seems like it might just be alcohol and water.

T- Terrible. Barely drinkable. Seems way to think for the type of beer it is.

M- Can barely stand to suck it down. Tastes worse and worse with every sip.

D- Avoid at all costs. This is terrible beer. Only good for college students while playing beer pong. Or people with terrible taste in beer.

Bagman007, Dec 01, 2008
1.18/5  rDev -34.1%

Drank this one from the can. Very typical mass-produced light lager. Pale, straw yellow in appearance, smells of grains, hops, metal and skunk. Tastes very bland, some grains and metal flavor in there; very watery, lightly carbonated. Terrible aftertaste, yuck. Would not recommend unless you're looking for a cheap way to get drunk. No flavor or refreshment to be found here.

kflorence, Nov 30, 2008
3.38/5  rDev +88.8%

Pale yellow colored beer with a rapidly fading head.Aroma and taste are your usual macro lights.No rare hops or exotic malts but guess what?? It's not suppose to it's a light lager.It is refreshing, light and perfect for those summer outdoor gatherings or Sunday football games.I recommend and will buy again!!

matty, Nov 24, 2008
1.55/5  rDev -13.4%

really, just a beer you drink at parties in college or what not, completely bad

look: well, it looks awful pretty much just a clear hardly yellow liquid with no head or lacing to be found (pretty much looks like a soda but more pissy)
smell: none to be found
taste: lol. pretty much tastes like mildly bitter water with too much carbonation
moutfeel: it feels terrible, way too much carbonation and then when the carbonation dies it just feels like what piss (probably) feels like. Not a pleasant aftertaste either
drinkability: well theres usually a lot of it around, its cheap, however i cant drink that much because its still so awful though

pseudo, Nov 23, 2008
2.38/5  rDev +33%

It had a very thin white head to start that just went away and left some lace. The body is very transparent and pale yellow. There is a lot of bubbles though. It smells of vinegar and fruit juice. It has bland taste for the most part. It is more corny and adjunct than anything. It is like a lot of beer of this style fruity and malt liquor like. It has a very thin and carbonated mouthfeel.

MTNboy, Nov 22, 2008
1.83/5  rDev +2.2%

Being my first review, I decided I would start with something I have, unfortunately, had a lot of.

A - Very clear, with really just a yellowish tinge, pours a lot like a coke would, with about the same head retention (none).

S - the smell is light, and almost hard to detect, no real malt smell, but something does seem beerish...

T - This is the main reason people I know don't like beer, because this is what they think beer actually tastes like. Its forcibly bitter, but not from hops, so I don't really know what they put in there.

M - Goes down like water, and I think that's the point.

D - Really for youth parties, where mass consumption for a cheap price is the main goal. I don't hate it by any means, and I'll probably have more in the near future. After each can/cup you are just left with a lot more to be desired.

cford1, Nov 11, 2008
1.88/5  rDev +5%

Another stop on my tour of bad beers from my youth.

A: Pale straw color with great clarity and active carbonation from big bubbles. Fizzy white head doesn't stick around.

S: Inoffensive. Rice, malt and that's about it.

T: Very mild. Not much going on. A little rice, a little malt and a little bit of tasteless bitterness. My out of the can sample had an "interesting" sweetened plastic aftertaste.

M: Light and fizzy, like seltzer water.

D: Not as bad as many bargain basement beers, but that's not saying much.

Rayek, Nov 04, 2008
1.85/5  rDev +3.4%

A-Pours a light yellow-gold and forms a thick head with a violent pour that quickly dissipates into merely a thin ring of foam around the edges of the glass. There are a few strings of carbonation beads streaming up on the edges, but overall carbonation activity is low.
S-Light metallic nose with mild cornbread. There is also a faint aroma of tropical fruit...banana and mango.
T-Taste is very mild, and close to the smell. It's actually okay upfront and midway, but the finish falls apart and opens up to funky grain and adjuncts, faint not-so-fresh hoppiness, and a metallic flavor on the back of the tongue. Aftertaste makes me want to eat peanuts.
M-Not much to speak of. Mouthfeel is extremely light, water-like, and carbonation is light as well. The metallic mouthfeel is unpleasant, but I'm sure I wouldn't notice it if I was a college sophomore again.
D-Life is too short...I've had much worse in my day, but I won't be buying this one again. Do any of you ever get the urge to try a lower-end brew once in a while? I did tonight.

BoitSansSoif, Nov 01, 2008
1.78/5  rDev -0.6%

So I had one of these over the weekend, because one of my buddies got an entire 30 pack (horrible choice) and basically made me drink one. So, I figured I would review it.

I actually poured it into a pint glass to see what it looked like. This beer is not too pretty. Very clear, thin straw yellow color. Little head and no lacing.

Smell? Not really... maybe some grain and low amount of hops.

Taste? Water maybe... a little bit of corn I'd say.

Mouthfeel is horrible. Not smooth at all and makes me want to gag.

These beers are super light and you easily enjoy a few IF you could stomach them.

Overall, I would never recommend this to anyone. Please save yourself the pain and buy some real beer.

mothman, Oct 22, 2008

I actually drank this in High school when learning to drink.

appearance: light yellow, to basically clear, even more clear than others

smell: slight hops to almost zero smell

taste: Little to none, basically just a clear refresher, just plain gross

mouthfeel: watery and very high carbonation

drinkability: lawnmower beer

CampusCrew, Oct 21, 2008
3.83/5  rDev +114%

Bought a pack of 30 'stones, poured one in a glass and drank the rest from the can:

Very pale brew with a short lived foamy head. Smells of corn and some alcohol, it has a sweet and malty taste. Mouthfeel is very smooth, agrees with their slogan. This is a very drinkable cheap macro, great for beerpong etc. Great price to boot!

7beerphil, Oct 21, 2008
2.45/5  rDev +36.9%

Appearance: With a vicious pour a nice thick snow white head appears. When you blink that head vanishes and you're left with a pale light beer with virtually no head.

Smell: It really does smell like beer soaked carpets. If I'm being nice I smell a little of that famous American corn. Bread.

Taste: It's okay for the cheapest beer at Costco. We used it for a game of asshole and no one complained about the taste. It really doesn't taste like anything but if I had to pin it down I'd mention that maybe you could find some yeast and corn.

Mouthfeel: Dry, easy, pretty crisp.

Drinkability: How do you not give a beer like this a good score. Cheap american beers have to have something going for them, and you can drink these all night long baby.

Wiseman Justin reporting....