Keystone Light - Coors Brewing Company

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 10-25-2001

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Keystone Light Alström Bros
2.46/5  rDev +37.4%

I stopped by the convenience store on the way to deer camp to pick up some adult beverages. I saw this on sale for $7.99 for an 18 pack and figured what the hell, I remember drinking it in college and it was okay. But that was college.

A - Light, clear, yellow color with a thick head that dissipated quickly

S - Beer, cheap beer

T - Beer from a can, cheap beer from a can

M - Thin, flat, not much

D - Went down smooth, probably because I'd wisely iced it down with some ice and rock salt so it would get really cold. I could down several of these.

Yep, this is a college brew where those who drink it will care less what it tastes like as long as it gets you loaded, which is why they sell this stuff. Right? Good beer? No. Will I buy it again? Only for deer camp.

2.3/5  rDev +28.5%

12 oz can

Ah Keystone light, the typical beer for college partying. Really the only thing its good for is a quick buzz. It is decently drinkable, which is good if your going for a quick buzz.

Not much too look at, or smell, or taste. Has a decent carbonation to it, but nothing to write home about. Drinkability is its only upside in my opinion.

Really the only time I will ever drink this is when hanging out with my college buddies who haven't gotten past their "cheap beer" phase. I don't want to be rude after all.

1.56/5  rDev -12.8%

Sadly, I have tried every type of Keystone, and this this the best one out there. Pours nearly clear, with tons of foam; which, coincidentally will look exactly like your pee after consuming a few of these. The aroma is metal, though that could be the can. Taste is metal and veggie, yum. Official beer of Delta Tau Delta at the U of A.

1.43/5  rDev -20.1%

This is awful, with a plain, stale rice taste.

Pale straw-gold, it has a medium, very airy and fizzy, white head that immediately vanishes to nothing at all.

The aroma is dischwater, faint chemicals, and something that smells kind of like old grain that has been sitting in a barn.

The taste is bland with a faint, stale rice element and a hint of faint grain in the aftertaste plus a very faint "Sprite" quality. The feel is rough, thin, and watery. Unlike Coors Light, which is almost mediocre and actually better than regular Coors to me, this stuff is dreadful.

1.6/5  rDev -10.6%

A- Clear pale yellow color when poured. Looks a little thick.

S- You can smell alcohol, but not really much else. Kinda seems like it might just be alcohol and water.

T- Terrible. Barely drinkable. Seems way to think for the type of beer it is.

M- Can barely stand to suck it down. Tastes worse and worse with every sip.

D- Avoid at all costs. This is terrible beer. Only good for college students while playing beer pong. Or people with terrible taste in beer.

1.18/5  rDev -34.1%

Drank this one from the can. Very typical mass-produced light lager. Pale, straw yellow in appearance, smells of grains, hops, metal and skunk. Tastes very bland, some grains and metal flavor in there; very watery, lightly carbonated. Terrible aftertaste, yuck. Would not recommend unless you're looking for a cheap way to get drunk. No flavor or refreshment to be found here.

3.35/5  rDev +87.2%

Pale yellow colored beer with a rapidly fading head.Aroma and taste are your usual macro lights.No rare hops or exotic malts but guess what?? It's not suppose to it's a light lager.It is refreshing, light and perfect for those summer outdoor gatherings or Sunday football games.I recommend and will buy again!!

1.55/5  rDev -13.4%

really, just a beer you drink at parties in college or what not, completely bad

look: well, it looks awful pretty much just a clear hardly yellow liquid with no head or lacing to be found (pretty much looks like a soda but more pissy)
smell: none to be found
taste: lol. pretty much tastes like mildly bitter water with too much carbonation
moutfeel: it feels terrible, way too much carbonation and then when the carbonation dies it just feels like what piss (probably) feels like. Not a pleasant aftertaste either
drinkability: well theres usually a lot of it around, its cheap, however i cant drink that much because its still so awful though

2.35/5  rDev +31.3%

It had a very thin white head to start that just went away and left some lace. The body is very transparent and pale yellow. There is a lot of bubbles though. It smells of vinegar and fruit juice. It has bland taste for the most part. It is more corny and adjunct than anything. It is like a lot of beer of this style fruity and malt liquor like. It has a very thin and carbonated mouthfeel.

1.85/5  rDev +3.4%

Being my first review, I decided I would start with something I have, unfortunately, had a lot of.

A - Very clear, with really just a yellowish tinge, pours a lot like a coke would, with about the same head retention (none).

S - the smell is light, and almost hard to detect, no real malt smell, but something does seem beerish...

T - This is the main reason people I know don't like beer, because this is what they think beer actually tastes like. Its forcibly bitter, but not from hops, so I don't really know what they put in there.

M - Goes down like water, and I think that's the point.

D - Really for youth parties, where mass consumption for a cheap price is the main goal. I don't hate it by any means, and I'll probably have more in the near future. After each can/cup you are just left with a lot more to be desired.

1.9/5  rDev +6.1%

Another stop on my tour of bad beers from my youth.

A: Pale straw color with great clarity and active carbonation from big bubbles. Fizzy white head doesn't stick around.

S: Inoffensive. Rice, malt and that's about it.

T: Very mild. Not much going on. A little rice, a little malt and a little bit of tasteless bitterness. My out of the can sample had an "interesting" sweetened plastic aftertaste.

M: Light and fizzy, like seltzer water.

D: Not as bad as many bargain basement beers, but that's not saying much.

1.85/5  rDev +3.4%

A-Pours a light yellow-gold and forms a thick head with a violent pour that quickly dissipates into merely a thin ring of foam around the edges of the glass. There are a few strings of carbonation beads streaming up on the edges, but overall carbonation activity is low.
S-Light metallic nose with mild cornbread. There is also a faint aroma of tropical fruit...banana and mango.
T-Taste is very mild, and close to the smell. It's actually okay upfront and midway, but the finish falls apart and opens up to funky grain and adjuncts, faint not-so-fresh hoppiness, and a metallic flavor on the back of the tongue. Aftertaste makes me want to eat peanuts.
M-Not much to speak of. Mouthfeel is extremely light, water-like, and carbonation is light as well. The metallic mouthfeel is unpleasant, but I'm sure I wouldn't notice it if I was a college sophomore again.
D-Life is too short...I've had much worse in my day, but I won't be buying this one again. Do any of you ever get the urge to try a lower-end brew once in a while? I did tonight.

1.8/5  rDev +0.6%

So I had one of these over the weekend, because one of my buddies got an entire 30 pack (horrible choice) and basically made me drink one. So, I figured I would review it.

I actually poured it into a pint glass to see what it looked like. This beer is not too pretty. Very clear, thin straw yellow color. Little head and no lacing.

Smell? Not really... maybe some grain and low amount of hops.

Taste? Water maybe... a little bit of corn I'd say.

Mouthfeel is horrible. Not smooth at all and makes me want to gag.

These beers are super light and you easily enjoy a few IF you could stomach them.

Overall, I would never recommend this to anyone. Please save yourself the pain and buy some real beer.

I actually drank this in High school when learning to drink.

appearance: light yellow, to basically clear, even more clear than others

smell: slight hops to almost zero smell

taste: Little to none, basically just a clear refresher, just plain gross

mouthfeel: watery and very high carbonation

drinkability: lawnmower beer

3.75/5  rDev +109.5%

Bought a pack of 30 'stones, poured one in a glass and drank the rest from the can:

Very pale brew with a short lived foamy head. Smells of corn and some alcohol, it has a sweet and malty taste. Mouthfeel is very smooth, agrees with their slogan. This is a very drinkable cheap macro, great for beerpong etc. Great price to boot!

2.45/5  rDev +36.9%

Appearance: With a vicious pour a nice thick snow white head appears. When you blink that head vanishes and you're left with a pale light beer with virtually no head.

Smell: It really does smell like beer soaked carpets. If I'm being nice I smell a little of that famous American corn. Bread.

Taste: It's okay for the cheapest beer at Costco. We used it for a game of asshole and no one complained about the taste. It really doesn't taste like anything but if I had to pin it down I'd mention that maybe you could find some yeast and corn.

Mouthfeel: Dry, easy, pretty crisp.

Drinkability: How do you not give a beer like this a good score. Cheap american beers have to have something going for them, and you can drink these all night long baby.

Wiseman Justin reporting....

1.95/5  rDev +8.9%

Pale watery yellow with a slimy white head that fizzles into nothing immediately. Aroma is almost nonexistent. Metallic and corny. Flavor is lightly fruity, like artificial banana flavoring. Weaker than puppy piss but not offensive really. Almost preferable to the blatant adjunct juice flavor of most macros, if for nothing else than something a bit different. Thin and fizzy. Easy to put away several cans, I guess.

1.28/5  rDev -28.5%

Pours an extremely clear, pale golden color. A one inch white foamy head forms and disappears immediately. Terrible retention and no lacing.

The aroma is not great. Sweet pale malt and corn dominate.

The taste is terrible. Pale bready malt and corn.

The mouthfeel is thin and highly carbonated.

Drinkability is low. Although it's low alcohol and arguably sessionable, it's just plain terrible. I could do without this beer.

2.65/5  rDev +48%

Picked this up from a local grocery store.

Pours a clear, pale straw yellow with a tall white head. Aroma is of barley and cereal grains. Not much flavor, slight hints of cereal grains. Moderate aftertaste of cereal grains. Very watery texture with a lot of carbonation. Not a great beer for enjoyment, except on a hot day.

1.7/5  rDev -5%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2.5

30 pack for usually about $12.99

In my college days I must have had thousands of this beer. For a cheap beer this is the way to go. I'd rank it ahead of Bud and Coors, and it's about half the price. It tastes like water and goes down easy so great for drinking games and beer pong. It is what it is, cheap, easy to drink beer.

1.85/5  rDev +3.4%

I picked up an 18 pack today because I needed something cheap and canned to tailgate with. Now that I actually pour it I can see how bland it looks. Pee yellow. Zero head. Zero signs of interest or life. Mildly sweet, grainy nose.

There isn't really much taste to speak of here. It's like drinking dirty water. Mouthfeel is thin and mediocre. Easy to drink but no real reason to.

2.3/5  rDev +28.5%

Poured from a 12 oz. can into a Pilsener glass (heh, how many regular Keystone drinkers can say that?).

A- Pours a piss yellow (the piss of someone well-hydrated I might add) with a one finger head that disappears almost immediately and leaves no lacing.

S- Sweet, sweet adjuncts. Corn, rice, and something sort of fruity. Not a strong nose, mind you, but one that is not the most enticing.

T-Very little. Water, some barely detectable hops, and some sweetness that I doubt comes from malts. Definitely not an all-malt beer, adjuncts are easily detected. Slight banana taste in the background.

M- Medium-light carbonation. The can says, "Always Smooth" and I would have to agree with that.

D- Drinkable, yes. Session beer, hell no. For me, this is the easiest of the cheap beers to drink because the taste is not as offensive to my tongue as say...Budweiser. This is where I say "Please excuse me, I am a college student." While I would certainly take a Surly Furious over this any day, sometimes I do like to indulge a bit and join in on the beer pong. When I'm looking for dirt cheap beer that I can actually drink (which is not very often) Keystone is where I go.

This Brewski is an exceptional party beer and nothing more.

The smell and taste are both an overwhelming metallic beer flavored water.

Tis' nothing more than a cheap American brew with water from a dirty rain puddle.

The only upside is that you can scrap some change and purchase a thirty pack of this cheap brew.

You can drink as much as you want without the taste of beer, only metal, in your mouth.

2.02/5  rDev +12.8%

Keystone Light...First beer I ever drank. Lets get down to the review.

A- Light urine color with a big thin head that dissipates to nothing.

S-Not much here. A little earthy with a pretty strong metallic taste.

T- Beer flavored water at best. A little malty and that is it.

M- Water. Can't get any thinner.

D- The only high point here. Drink 12 and you could have more. If you are playing beer pong like in the old days lol. Then this works well.

I don't know why I pick this up every so often...maybe because it was my first beer and I like to go back to my roots. Unless you just want to get drunk....STAY AWAY!!

1.71/5  rDev -4.5%

A: almost like water... VERY pale. A massive fizzly head that has some notability. NO retention

S: More aroma than I expected. That isn't necessarily a good thing. Husky, kinda chemical and astringent, grassy.

T: Quite grassy, kinda metallic. The flavour doesn't last long, which I suppose is a good thing. Kinda weird. Carbonation is something like Perrier that is beginning to go flat. Not very good at all.

Keystone Light from Coors Brewing Company