Hello, is it beer you're looking for?

Coors Extra Gold - Coors Brewing Company

Coors Extra GoldCoors Extra Gold

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  5.00% ABV

Beer added by: Bitterbill on 09-06-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Coors Extra Gold Alström Bros
1.09/5  rDev -60.2%

There are a few things in this world that will probably never be fully understood....How could Jesus have turned water into wine? How could Anheuser and Busch train a Clydesdale to piss in a bottle? And how in hell does Coors manage to take pure mountain water and render it undrinkable.!? I spent time in Aspen in the early 80's and the waters are beautiful. I also drank Coors out there. From what I remember it wasn't that bad. Now, I can down maybe three before my head is exploding. The only good thing that I could say about this beer now is that when it's poured in a glass it doesn't look that bad. And that glass better be sterile enough for surgery because, if it isn't, the head will disappear in two seconds. As far as smell, taste and mouthfeel, I'm sorry. It blows. Drinkability? Well, you know how your piss looks if you don't drink enough of water? Real dark yellowish/orange. If you put that piss in carbonated water you'd have a pretty close example of Extra Gold. I don't thing Adolf Coors had this in mind when he started his brewery. This is just another fine example of what happens when any buisiness gets too big. More money is sunk into advertising than into product quality.

1.22/5  rDev -55.5%

12oz. can that I got for free. That's a good a thing because I would never pay for the stuff. The only good about this was the appearance, which was a golden color with a 1 inch of white foam. It went down hill from here. The smell was horrific! It smelled like a cross between apple juice and urine. The taste and mouthfeel were the same, a heavily waterd down malty beer. Give me a bottle of water over this any day. If you want a cheap beer with no taste then get this beer.

1.41/5  rDev -48.5%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.75

God awful beer. Don't let these positive reviews trick you. Horrible macro graininess feel, awful taste. I was hoping this beer might be a sleeper for when your broke, damn was I wrong. Just spend a few more bucks and get Yuengling or even bud

1.56/5  rDev -43.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Previous reviewer pretty much said it all. Not much here, except a hint of malt and hops, mostly covered by cheap adjuncts and bit of skunkiness. Sad to say, this is more expensive than Coors Light, but it's not worth any more. Drink this only if someone else buys it for you, you're thirsty, and there's no water available.

1.64/5  rDev -40.1%

Can version. I paid exactly 50 cents to try this. I was all ready to make fun of the name but this beer really does have an nice gold color which surprised me. It smelled and tasted pretty crappy though, and that didn't surprise me at all.

1.68/5  rDev -38.7%

This is one of the better things to come out of Coors.
The head was thin with a little taste you have to drink it quick because it's gone in two seconds.
The Body is plane and bland clear golden tint (looks like bud) well carbonated>
The taste was like they added more taste to original Coors still slight malt and hopps but a little better. Nice refreshing drink butt would not recommend for mass consumption!!

1.73/5  rDev -36.9%

A little bolder than the original, sometimes it hits the spot other times it's way off. Generally bought in 30 packs it's inexpensive. Little aroma, decent light golden pour good carbonation and a solid head. Watery mouthfeel, bitter finish. Flavor is more bitter than most american swills, has some character to it.

1.92/5  rDev -29.9%

a beer from the rockies; good graphic design; nice bottle; poor taste and drinkability;

herbs and adjoincts in its smell; corn, rice, etc.

rounded mouthfeel like coors light "without the calories", for me a mexican beer drinker coors is one of the most popular brands in my country and i try it of course, this beer is not available in my country, but i got from the border and many of the beers that i got are for the collection and for review it;

try with mexican food; 42% recommended.

1.93/5  rDev -29.6%

12 oz can into glass.

If I had a nickel for every thirty pack of this swill we bought in high school I'd have about twenty dollars. We used to get a thirty pack for 9.99 and we thought we had it made when we started a party with 3 30 packs of this nonsense.
Very average macro look and feel and smell. i like regular Coors better that this, because I sense a more metallic taste here. Never had it on draft on in the bottle so I don't know if its the cans or not. I don't think its too hot. With lots of super spicy bbq on a hot summer night maybe, but I'd go for the Coors regular or a High Life before I'd choose this one.

Pours a golden yellow color, nice carbonation, small white head, with some sticky lacing left behind. The nose is malty, with some hops, slight caramel. The taste is slightly sweet, malty, slight hop note. Light body. Not drinkable, would not buy again.

2.03/5  rDev -25.9%

Pissy yellow beer in a can...light yellow clear, white head, corn or perhaps rice in the nose. Adjuncts in the early flavor profile, sweet in the middle, blah in the finish, no hop notes to be found. Wasnt expecting much here and thats what I got...Lower tier lawn mower beer...or would work in a marinade or pot of brats, besides those purposes stay away...

2.06/5  rDev -24.8%

The beer after departing the 12-ounce brown bottle resides in the glass a clear golden amber color with a portly bright white head that frothy in texture and the resultant lace a thin sheet to conceal the glass. Nose is all malt, crisp and clean, start somewhat sweet, lightly malted and the top thin. finish is prickly in its acidity, the hops apropos to the style, dry lingering aftertaste, well it will keep you from dying of thirst!

2.06/5  rDev -24.8%

Had this at a college party, a friend of mine had it in her fridge and I had never tried it before. One thing led to another and i gave it a try. I wasn't overly thrilled about trying it. I found it better than Coors Lite and several American Lagers out there. It's color is Golden like the name suggests. The taste is on the sweeter side, Couldn't get much of an aroma because of the smoke in the room.

2.1/5  rDev -23.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

This beer starts off promising, with a nice medium amber color, and impressive head, but then quickly subsides into a typical macrobrew. Quick malt rush quickly subsides into a cooked corn flavor. Finishes weak.

2.16/5  rDev -21.2%

Clear light golden hue topped by a quickly settling head. Light graininess and cooked corn in aroma, but is otherwise clean and unappealing. The overall bland flavor is dominated by corn sweetness... hop bitterness is virtually nonexistant, while both hop and malt flavors are absent. Very watery mouthfeel. Finishes abruptly, not unlike seltzer water... I feel like I haven't even had a beer. Other than a pronounced corn flavor, there's absolutely nothing noteable about this brew, but I guess that's the point.

2.18/5  rDev -20.4%

Drank from can.

Not much aroma. Smelled like a corn, barley, hops dirty sock. But not too strong.
Taste was shallow, light, and short lasting. Corn, straw, some malt. Wide mouth gave it points for drinkability. I can pound these b/c of its lightness. Good for frat parties, fishing, or a dare

2.21/5  rDev -19.3%

Very pale with a slight gold tint. Actually not bad head retention. Not much nose... Lots of added sugar and slight malt flavor, but of course no detectable hops what-so-ever.

2.28/5  rDev -16.8%
look: 2 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

Honestly not much different from the standard Coors Banquet! The taste, appearance, aroma, and mouthful are all similar! Would not purchase this for it is a little more expensive than the Coors Banquet and theres very little difference if any at all! I believe its crisp clean refreshing not a bad adjunct lager its kosher like all coors products!

2.29/5  rDev -16.4%

Not a bad "looking" beer", then it goes down hill from there. It really is gold in color with a foamy white head and not much lace. Smells of damp corncob, sweet malt and mild hops. The modest malt body has tastes of hay and some pleasant herbal grainy qualities. The hops are barely discernable, but what there is, is hardly describable. I guess a light metallic taste is not too far off. It is better than I expected.
ps - This was a joke father's day gift from my college senior son.

2.3/5  rDev -16.1%

I had high hopes when I first tried this beer, since I had assumed that its "gold" designation would offer a bit more flavor (a la Foster's). Was I wrong. All I tasted was corn and alcohol. Bland yellow in the glass, adjunct "beer" smell, with light carbonation and a quickly disappearing head. Looked like any other yellow macro. Tasted a bit of malt up front, but the lingering corn (the best way I can describe it) and astringent alcohol flavor just didn't set well with me. Good thing I found a single can. My only other choice would have been a 30 pack. Not worth the cost--at any price.

2.36/5  rDev -13.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Coors Extra Gold is nothing to get excited about. This lager pours a cyrstal clear light gold color. Perhaps the "extra gold" refers to the color, as there is sadly nothing golden about this brew. The smell is a generic macro through out, with nothing but adjunct coming through-corn? No hint of malt or hops. The tatse is bland, no flavor at all. The mouthfeel is wet. Why buy this american macro lager, when there are better ones out there such as Miller High Life?

2.4/5  rDev -12.4%

Even pouring it out of the can did not produce much of a head. Crisp taste though. Could be a good "wedding" type beer if trapped at such a poor function. Although I probably would opt for water instead.

2.5/5  rDev -8.8%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Pale gold color, modest head, little lace or carbonation. Fresh aroma of grain and faint hops. Taste is refreshing, mild grain and hops, not enough malt for my taste, smooth finish; very clean on the palate. Not bad but not particularly notable either.

2.51/5  rDev -8.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.5

Actually, this beer doesn’t look half bad when poured from a 12 ounce can into a footed pilsner glass. It’s a deep golden color, with an almost champagne like effervescence and a respectable 1.5 inches of creamy white foam. It’s really an appealing sight. The smell is sweetish, with a malt and grain theme, and a little vegetable character in the background. Essentially no hops in the aroma. Taste starts a little sweet, with a one-dimensional graininess, and the finish is crisp and somewhat dry. Slight bitterness in the finish. It’s a light, very watery beer…as expected. There’s nothing really offensive about this beer, it just comes up short in the intensity of its flavor.

2.53/5  rDev -7.7%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Pours golden yellow. Little head. Taste is maltier and more smooth than regular Coors. Hoppiness is apparent as are accents of grains, husks? This is nice and malty. This is better than I expected, and would call this a premium Coors product. Wish it was cheaper and more available where I live.

Coors Extra Gold from Coors Brewing Company