Coors Extra Gold - Coors Brewing Company

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  5.00% ABV

Beer added by: Bitterbill on 09-06-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Coors Extra Gold Alström Bros
firstprev| 26-50 | 51-75 | 76-100  | next → last
1.93/5  rDev -32.3%

12 oz can into glass.

If I had a nickel for every thirty pack of this swill we bought in high school I'd have about twenty dollars. We used to get a thirty pack for 9.99 and we thought we had it made when we started a party with 3 30 packs of this nonsense.
Very average macro look and feel and smell. i like regular Coors better that this, because I sense a more metallic taste here. Never had it on draft on in the bottle so I don't know if its the cans or not. I don't think its too hot. With lots of super spicy bbq on a hot summer night maybe, but I'd go for the Coors regular or a High Life before I'd choose this one. (626 characters)

1.92/5  rDev -32.6%

a beer from the rockies; good graphic design; nice bottle; poor taste and drinkability;

herbs and adjoincts in its smell; corn, rice, etc.

rounded mouthfeel like coors light "without the calories", for me a mexican beer drinker coors is one of the most popular brands in my country and i try it of course, this beer is not available in my country, but i got from the border and many of the beers that i got are for the collection and for review it;

try with mexican food; 42% recommended. (498 characters)

1.73/5  rDev -39.3%

A little bolder than the original, sometimes it hits the spot other times it's way off. Generally bought in 30 packs it's inexpensive. Little aroma, decent light golden pour good carbonation and a solid head. Watery mouthfeel, bitter finish. Flavor is more bitter than most american swills, has some character to it. (316 characters)

1.68/5  rDev -41.1%

This is one of the better things to come out of Coors.
The head was thin with a little taste you have to drink it quick because it's gone in two seconds.
The Body is plane and bland clear golden tint (looks like bud) well carbonated>
The taste was like they added more taste to original Coors still slight malt and hopps but a little better. Nice refreshing drink butt would not recommend for mass consumption!! (417 characters)

1.64/5  rDev -42.5%

Can version. I paid exactly 50 cents to try this. I was all ready to make fun of the name but this beer really does have an nice gold color which surprised me. It smelled and tasted pretty crappy though, and that didn't surprise me at all. (239 characters)

1.56/5  rDev -45.3%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Previous reviewer pretty much said it all. Not much here, except a hint of malt and hops, mostly covered by cheap adjuncts and bit of skunkiness. Sad to say, this is more expensive than Coors Light, but it's not worth any more. Drink this only if someone else buys it for you, you're thirsty, and there's no water available. (324 characters)

1.41/5  rDev -50.5%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.75

God awful beer. Don't let these positive reviews trick you. Horrible macro graininess feel, awful taste. I was hoping this beer might be a sleeper for when your broke, damn was I wrong. Just spend a few more bucks and get Yuengling or even bud (243 characters)

1.22/5  rDev -57.2%

12oz. can that I got for free. That's a good a thing because I would never pay for the stuff. The only good about this was the appearance, which was a golden color with a 1 inch of white foam. It went down hill from here. The smell was horrific! It smelled like a cross between apple juice and urine. The taste and mouthfeel were the same, a heavily waterd down malty beer. Give me a bottle of water over this any day. If you want a cheap beer with no taste then get this beer. (477 characters)

1.09/5  rDev -61.8%

There are a few things in this world that will probably never be fully understood....How could Jesus have turned water into wine? How could Anheuser and Busch train a Clydesdale to piss in a bottle? And how in hell does Coors manage to take pure mountain water and render it undrinkable.!? I spent time in Aspen in the early 80's and the waters are beautiful. I also drank Coors out there. From what I remember it wasn't that bad. Now, I can down maybe three before my head is exploding. The only good thing that I could say about this beer now is that when it's poured in a glass it doesn't look that bad. And that glass better be sterile enough for surgery because, if it isn't, the head will disappear in two seconds. As far as smell, taste and mouthfeel, I'm sorry. It blows. Drinkability? Well, you know how your piss looks if you don't drink enough of water? Real dark yellowish/orange. If you put that piss in carbonated water you'd have a pretty close example of Extra Gold. I don't thing Adolf Coors had this in mind when he started his brewery. This is just another fine example of what happens when any buisiness gets too big. More money is sunk into advertising than into product quality. (1,200 characters)

firstprev| 26-50 | 51-75 | 76-100  | next → last