Batch 19 - Coors Brewing Company

Beer added by: Jason on 05-04-2010

to view more.
Ratings: 1,208 | Reviews: 228
4.09/5  rDev +22.8%

One of the best beers from Coors I have had.

4.37/5  rDev +31.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Very good. Commercial owned, but better taste and value over Third Shift.

2.91/5  rDev -12.6%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Well - had to try this, it was all the pub had that I hadn’t already tried. Pours a clear golden amber with a fluffy and fine-bubbled wheat head. Have to give the big brews credit, they know how to make their pseudo-craft brews look. Strongly fruity and rather sweet aroma has a malty undertone. Flavor, though, is quite good - malty, fruity and hoppy, rather toothsome. Body is about average, though there is decent fizz. Coors, you’re not fooling anybody - but your Batch 19 is at least superior to your other stuff. Gotta give the devil his due. ;)

3.26/5  rDev -2.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

2/28 Bottle - Decent malt smell, OK but not a very strong taste or feel, and very light to drink. I prefer stronger beers and tastes, but this was a decent beer for what it is.

3.13/5  rDev -6%
look: 3 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3.25

I was surprised to see it was a product of Coors. Good balance of hops and malt sugars to keep it mild and not too sweet nor bitter. Almost a wheaty soapy colored head that dyed quickly , I wasn't overall fond of. After smelling a slight nutty aroma from the brew, I enjoyed the beer with some slow cooked pulled pork and it coincided with the dinner just fine. Enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

3.53/5  rDev +6%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

All in all not a bad beer. Definitely above average in its category. Look is a bit darker than others, smell is average, and taster a bit above. Liken it to a Yuengling, which is a good thing.

3.98/5  rDev +19.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

I really wanted to dislike this beer but it is surprisingly good. It pours brilliant gold with a pure white 1” foam cap with masses of tiny bubbles that produce excellent lace. Has a clean, light malt, spicy herbal nose with a hint of earthiness and a light touch of grainy spice. The initial palate suggests light fruit – hints of apple but this soon hides behind rich grain and light malt with a crisp bitter emphasis on the finish with a faint lingering hint of anise from the hops. Medium light body and above average carbonation – seltzery but surprisingly drinkable.

Pleasantly surprised by this beer it was really quite good! Not too bitter no bad after taste! Smooth and flavorful.

3.28/5  rDev -1.5%

Clear golden color with a moderate foamy white head that hangs around a while and leaves some decent lacing.

The aroma is light, sweet malt and hints of citrus and grass.

The taste is The taste is similar with a nice hops/malt balance.

Light bodied but more substantial than most Coors products, very drinkable. Certainly a decent warm weather brew.

Altogether a pretty decent lager and better than expected.

Pretty darn good for an AAL. It plays Goldilocks very well. A tad sweet, but not too sweet. A little hops, but no burn.
It is what it is. (don't you hate it when people say that?). This is a big step forward for Coors, but I'd still like to see something with a better right hook.
P.S. Get this where you can build your own six pack because it's laughably expensive on it's own.

3.5/5  rDev +5.1%

I enjoyed this beer. It is hoppy enough, and it has some citrus undertones. I was very surprised to find out it was brewed by Coors. I will be being this one again.

3.75/5  rDev +12.6%

Was surprised to find that this beer was quite good.

Nothing mind blowing, just a crisp, easy drinking golden lager that tastes like it has actual malt in it, with a very pleasing hop finish.

Don't let the brewer put you off, this is sneaky good.

Not a bad lager.

3.03/5  rDev -9%

Serving style : 12 oz glass bottle, poured into glass for appearance

Appearance (3) : Medium body, fairly transparent. Can't quite read words through it but can make out most clear images. Copper-Honey colored. Minimal lacing that hangs around.

Smell (2.5) : Some sour malts, wet cement, kale, flowers. Powerful copper. Smells a bit like an amber lager. A pungent and sweet nose with quite a bit of sour. Interesting, nonetheless.

Taste (3) : A pinch too bitter for me (eye twitching, even...), but has some good robust flavor. It's quasi-Fat Tire but I'd definitely say it's better as the hops aren't as harsh and Batch 19 has a better flavor overall.

I'm getting aged wheat, lots and lots of malt, bitter tomato and rye notes, some sour mash, and a bit of leafy greens. Coppery dry finish. A bit like a much improved Busch Copper Lager (which is pretty abysmal). Impressive flavor - and really, that's all you can say about it...and it gets old fast.

Mouthfeel (3.25) : a great balance, both in hops/malt and in carbonation. Medium bodied. The carbonation is dull in a good way to accentuate the flavors and is not over the top.

Overall (3.03) : Not a bad lager. Again it's much like an amber and if you like Fat Tire, you'll love this beer as in my opinion, it is slightly better. Coors did a good job with this one, and I'm not quite sure what "pre-Prohibition" is completely about, but it's a decent beer nonetheless. Flavor is there, and in spades. Its just not my favorite style of flavor. This is a perfect example of me not liking a beer but respecting it for what it is about and the flavors it presents. This ain't your typical AAL. This is more along the lines of a copper lager or a harsh amber red.

3.5/5  rDev +5.1%

I bought it because of the name and it seems to be a success. Not the greatest beer, but it's tasty enough!

1.5/5  rDev -55%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Ugh, not good. Not good at all. It took a lot to stomach this one. I give it a 1.5 instead of a 1, only because I was able to finish it without drain pouring. Although it was close. If this is supposed to mimic the style of a pre-prohibition lager, then I am very glad we have moved beyond that time period. Otherwise I probably would not be a beer drinker if this is how they all tasted.

Will not seek out or purchase again. Won't even drink it if offered.

1.62/5  rDev -51.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

On draft at Miller Park. Brewers vs. Nationals. Great seats right behind first base.

The beer is hazy and light brown with a half inch of light khaki head. The aroma is adjunct sweetness, sweet caramel malt. Smells macro all the way. The taste is just shitty. There's really no other way to say it. I try to rate to style, and I don't expect an adjunct lager to have the complexity of a gueze or big imperial stout. That said, this beer tastes like syrup, artificial sweeteners, fake fruity crap. There is no integrity in this product. This beer was designed for commercial purposes only. Gross on so many levels. Avoid.

3.95/5  rDev +18.6%

Batch 19 brewed by Coors Brewing Company with an ABV of 5.5% This brew pours out a dark amber color with a white head. Batch 19 is an filtered brew, you can see right though it. The smell is rich with grains and some hops. This is how an American Style Lager should be. So far so good. The taste is rich and good. Batch 19 has a nice smoothness and a rich after taste. This brew has a nice balance to it. There is nothing bad about this brew. Mouthfeel is nice and clean. I really like this brew. This has to be one of the best Coors products I've had. Overall I'm giving Batch 19 a 4.5 out 5. I will buy this brew again
Coors did a real nice job with this brew.

2.93/5  rDev -12%

(Served in a dimple mug)

A- This beer pours a crystal clear light copper hue with a billowing pale white head supported by a racing carbonation of big bubbles.

S- The clean aroma has some hints of flint and dry Noble hops as it opens

T- The dry astringent taste has some slightly grassy Noble hops hints with a bitter her note that lingers. There is a slight buttery quality that comes through in the finish.

M- This beer has a light mouthfeel with a tight little fizz and some hints of astringency in the finish.

O- There is some nice soft hops flavor but it is to dry and astringent to really enjoy and no malt character shows up.

3.89/5  rDev +16.8%

Batch 19 from Coors Brewing Company, the "pre-Prohibition style lager". Potentially a gimmick, I'll see and taste for myself. Poured from the unique bottle into a glass, Batch 19 has a 1.5 finger head with nearly solid lacing. I give the appearance a 4 because the amber displayed here is just stunning. Its just PURE amber color. Google image search "amber" and you will see the same color I am. Very great job here!

I can smell pleasant malt sweetness, maybe some other assorted grains as well. Its not very strong smelling but it doesn't require extra effort to notice the components.

Ok, let's take a nice swig: yup, malt sweetness and a GREAT balance of hop bitterness. Also, throughout my experience, I tasted a dash of caramel and perhaps some breadiness if that makes sense. Now THIS is a good entry-level craft lager. Faux craft of not.

Mouthfeel is, yes, outstanding. Here's why : yes this a SLIGHTLY heavier lager than others, but the precise second I felt the minutely bigger weight, it evened out. Leaving me with a clean finish.

Overall a very well deserved 3.75 for Batch 19. I would've gave it a solid 4, but the lack of scent did away with that. This is up there with Dortmunder Gold, as far as I'm concerned. I will definitely buy this brew again!

2.75/5  rDev -17.4%

Ah, the ol' AAL in a different way or uh...er according to Coors.
This was poured into a pilsener.
The color was a light glossy yellow with a fizzy bubbly head that dissipated within about ten seconds. There wasn't any lacing.
The smell was grainy and slightly metallic.
So was the taste.
The mouthfeel was super light and sessionable. Could definitely be consumed in mass quantities.
Overall, well, though Coors tried to make something different, did it work ... not really for me.

3.79/5  rDev +13.8%

Appearance: pours a 1 1/2" sudsy off white head that recedes slowly. Some light lacing. Dark golden color with significant carbonation present.
Aroma: toasted malt, caramel, clean water, a hint of earthy hops.
Mouthfeel: light and watery with a dry finish.
Flavor: pleasant combination of sweet caramel, toasted bread, and some definite floral and hop bite flavor with a lingering bitterness.
Overall: very nice lager, well balanced between bitter and sweet.

4.25/5  rDev +27.6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Sampled tonight on 3/19/14 though I had this once before back in 2012. Bottle chilled down to 36 degrees F in my beer cooler and poured into a pilsner glass.

Pours a medium amber with not much a 2-finger white head that settles down to a thin layer on top. Lots of lacing was seen with each sip. The aroma is of different sweet hops and malts. Taste of like a corn sweetness followed up by gentle hops. Overall very enjoyable. If this is what some beer tasted like before Prohibition in 1919, then fire up the ol' DeLorean and lets take a trip 'Back to the Future" to taste some more early-type brews. Great job Coors!

4.06/5  rDev +21.9%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.25

This beer really surprised me.. and since then I've drank a ton of it... I actually buy it by the case... The look and taste are both good, but what got me the most was the smells as the beer warmed... you can literally smell the strongest floral smells I think I've ever smelled in a beer... it literally starts smelling like flowers are in the beer... The taste also gets more complex as the beer warms.. I recommend drinking this only slightly cold.. or take it out of the fridge and let it set for 10 mins or so... When I seen coors brewed this I couldn't believe it... At least someone over there knows wtf theyre doing, haha... Sure isn't the brewer coors light and that other crap beer they make... If you haven't tried this beer you should.

3.57/5  rDev +7.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Nothing special but I liked it. The bottle itself is pretty cool looking. It's a thirst quencher that I'd like to try again on a hot summer day. I have a feeling the bottle will go down smoothly and relieve that yearning for something cool, unsweetened and wet to give that get up and go kind of vitality you need when you're, say, mowing the lawn. Nice.

to view more.