Batch 19 - Coors Brewing Company

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  5.50% ABV

Beer added by: Jason on 05-04-2010

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 1,201 | Reviews: 226

having not tried Coors latest ,picked up a sixer

now before review this what caught my eye
hops ,lager

ok here we go

poured into a Sierra nevada ale pint glass

light amber , appears to be artificial carbonation, perfect head, lacing ? bah
nose - not much
ad says hops where are they ?
lager - absolutely not

another george killians type slightly better, but not there yet , i guess this is to appeal to the budweiser masses ,was really "hopping" for a change

same ole same ole just a different bottle of corn -rice malt beer from Coors.

save your money,considering the $9 a sixer at local Publix false advertising on Coors part.

to bad they have the money and market to make a real good beer. this is not

1.14/5  rDev -65.8%

A: Golden-brown, minimal head, pretty meh lacing.

S: Ugh, smells like a Coors product. Adjunct city.

T: Tastes like a Coors product too, but like someone was playing a trick and threw too much bittering hops in there. Salty carbonic finish.

M: Thin bodied, prickly carbonation, sticky metallic finish.

O: This beer taught me a lesson: Look at who the damn brewer is before you buy the product. Coors once again proves it can't make a decent beer.

Update: Tried the beer a second time upon getting home after having a few (much better) beers at the bar. It was even worse than the first bottle this afternoon. Drainpour. Must update ratings. How the Beer Bros rated this a 90 I have NO idea.

1.25/5  rDev -62.5%

1.25/5  rDev -62.5%

1.3/5  rDev -61%

sickly-sweet, with a poor blend of flavors. The honey taste does not blend well, standing out in an awkward manner rather than enhancing flavor. As if Coors could not agree on an overall theme and tried to include all. Sweet/bitter/sour without distinction.

1.5/5  rDev -55%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Ugh, not good. Not good at all. It took a lot to stomach this one. I give it a 1.5 instead of a 1, only because I was able to finish it without drain pouring. Although it was close. If this is supposed to mimic the style of a pre-prohibition lager, then I am very glad we have moved beyond that time period. Otherwise I probably would not be a beer drinker if this is how they all tasted.

Will not seek out or purchase again. Won't even drink it if offered.

1.62/5  rDev -51.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

On draft at Miller Park. Brewers vs. Nationals. Great seats right behind first base.

The beer is hazy and light brown with a half inch of light khaki head. The aroma is adjunct sweetness, sweet caramel malt. Smells macro all the way. The taste is just shitty. There's really no other way to say it. I try to rate to style, and I don't expect an adjunct lager to have the complexity of a gueze or big imperial stout. That said, this beer tastes like syrup, artificial sweeteners, fake fruity crap. There is no integrity in this product. This beer was designed for commercial purposes only. Gross on so many levels. Avoid.

1.69/5  rDev -49.2%

This is the worst swill I've ever had. I bought a twelve pack, and the only -- O.N.L.Y. thing I can use this for is boiling brats! What utter dreck.

It is quite hoppy at first, but the finish has this - flavor - that reminds me of open sewage. It even "felt" to me as if there were "chunks" in it, even though I know it did not. It was possibly the worst experience I've ever had.

The twelve cost me $13 (a ripoff), and I feel bad because I just got done telling my wife that I would certainly be able to drink the entire twelve pack. But one taste and I poured the rest down the sink.

1.75/5  rDev -47.4%

1.75/5  rDev -47.4%

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Batch 19 from Coors Brewing Company