Batch 19 - Coors Brewing Company

Batch 19Batch 19

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  5.50% ABV

(Beer added by: Jason on 05-04-2010)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Batch 19 Alström Bros

1.13/5  rDev -66.1%

A: Golden-brown, minimal head, pretty meh lacing.

S: Ugh, smells like a Coors product. Adjunct city.

T: Tastes like a Coors product too, but like someone was playing a trick and threw too much bittering hops in there. Salty carbonic finish.

M: Thin bodied, prickly carbonation, sticky metallic finish.

O: This beer taught me a lesson: Look at who the damn brewer is before you buy the product. Coors once again proves it can't make a decent beer.

Update: Tried the beer a second time upon getting home after having a few (much better) beers at the bar. It was even worse than the first bottle this afternoon. Drainpour. Must update ratings. How the Beer Bros rated this a 90 I have NO idea.

1.25/5  rDev -62.5%

sickly-sweet, with a poor blend of flavors. The honey taste does not blend well, standing out in an awkward manner rather than enhancing flavor. As if Coors could not agree on an overall theme and tried to include all. Sweet/bitter/sour without distinction.

1.6/5  rDev -52%

This is the worst swill I've ever had. I bought a twelve pack, and the only -- O.N.L.Y. thing I can use this for is boiling brats! What utter dreck.

It is quite hoppy at first, but the finish has this - flavor - that reminds me of open sewage. It even "felt" to me as if there were "chunks" in it, even though I know it did not. It was possibly the worst experience I've ever had.

The twelve cost me $13 (a ripoff), and I feel bad because I just got done telling my wife that I would certainly be able to drink the entire twelve pack. But one taste and I poured the rest down the sink.

1.6/5  rDev -52%
look: 3.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

On draft at Miller Park. Brewers vs. Nationals. Great seats right behind first base.

The beer is hazy and light brown with a half inch of light khaki head. The aroma is adjunct sweetness, sweet caramel malt. Smells macro all the way. The taste is just shitty. There's really no other way to say it. I try to rate to style, and I don't expect an adjunct lager to have the complexity of a gueze or big imperial stout. That said, this beer tastes like syrup, artificial sweeteners, fake fruity crap. There is no integrity in this product. This beer was designed for commercial purposes only. Gross on so many levels. Avoid.

Batch 19 from Coors Brewing Company