Batch 19 - Coors Brewing Company

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  5.50% ABV

Beer added by: Jason on 05-04-2010

Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Batch 19 Alström Bros

4.17/5  rDev +25.2%

On tap at Chops Steakhouse Sacramento

I like the marketing. Cool tap handle. Like the throwback theme

Strong jump on the palate from the start. American strong ale feelings
Malty. Apricot. Almost cloying. Tasty. Strong herbal flavors in the middle. Oily.

Becomes crisp at the end. Lingering grassy hops.

This is an excellent adjunct lager. After finding out this was Coors I was very surprised. nice job.

2.75/5  rDev -17.4%

12 oz. poured on-tap into a beer mug at Olde Town Pub. From notes.

A: Pours a clear copper color. Not much of a head here aside from a thin off-white film (good on them for not pouring this with a lot of head, I guess).

S: Light caramel, grains, barley, and a touch of corn. Nothing impressive, but perfectly acceptable for what this beer is trying to accomplish.

T: Slightly sweet with a grainy touch. Finishes crisply, too. It's okay, far superior to regular Coors.

M: Fairly light and crisp feeling, though it could be a hair less syrupy. It doesn't have the harsh carbonation of some macro lagers.

O: Next to a lot of craft lagers, it's competent yet wholly unimpressive; but next to other BMC macro lagers, it's a damn revelation. Don't seek it out, but give it a try if you manage to randomly catch it at your local watering hole.

3.52/5  rDev +5.7%

Poured a golden red yellow with a white head that didn't leave much lacing. A nice color for what I would consider a light beer.

Smells pretty good! Might be something like a pbr with a touch more grain bill and some hops in there. This one is definitely different from the usual Coors offering!

Taste was nice, its as if they took a regular american adjunct lager and actually used a good amount grains and hops. In other words, this one doesn't taste like water... I really want to introduce my bud light only brother to this one. Perhaps it could be an easier gateway beer into more craft.

mouthfeel to me was a little too carbonated. If it were only creamier feeling I would have given it a better score.

Overall, I am enjoying this one. If I do see this on tap I might grab it at some point. It reminds me of times gone by.

4.25/5  rDev +27.6%

1.75/5  rDev -47.4%

4.17/5  rDev +25.2%

I had this at River Fest in Casper yesterday.

A medium gold pour, good head of foam, some lacing.

The smell was of caramel malt, light grain, light hops which were on the spicy side.

The taste was very good. Some sweetness, a spicy hop kick, very light grain; I think the show case of Batch 19 is how tasty the hops translated in the taste. I got 3 samples and I yearned for more.

This brew really impressed me and I wish I had it available locally whenever I wanted it.

4.15/5  rDev +24.6%

Recently had on tap served in a tall 22 oz glass. This outing was the first I had heard of this beer, and though it is made by Coors, I was curious to try their take on a pre-prohibition lager (especially after seeing the positives reviews on here).

The appearance is noticeably darker and richer than the standard American light lager. There's more of a golden, light caramel character to the look. The smell is nice, with noble hops and clean malt coming through. Very full and beer-y, for lack of a better term. The taste is similarly nice. Clean lager yeast and a bit of corn, but still good malt and an earthy, noble hop finish. Mouthfeel was nicely fuller than a light lager.

Overall I quite enjoyed this beer and would gladly drink it often, especially in the summer, I think.

4.5/5  rDev +35.1%