Blue Moon Peanut Butter Ale - Coors Brewing Company

Awaiting 10 Reviews

pDev: n/a
Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  ABV ?

Beer added by: TheGordianKnot on 07-31-2011

4.36/5  rDev n/a

I've had this a couple times at various beer festivals and thought I would review this unique beer.
Appearance -amber to golden with a thin head

Aroma - smells like roasted peanuts more than pure peanut butter, maybe the fresh roasted/deli ground peanut butter.
Taste - Roasted peanuts, creamy peanut butter, light bready malts, and a maybe a bit of honey.
Mouthfeel - Medium bodied and creamy
Finish - creamy peanut butter and beer. Reminds me of a baseball game.

It's unique, and I think it is a pretty cool beer. (518 characters)

3.62/5  rDev n/a
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Poured at the Music City Brewers Fest... Really not sure about availability, I know it was at GABF and other places but don't know if this was a one time thing or rotates from time to time?

A- Very light brown color with a fairly large fluffy white head. Decent lacing and very clear. Looks kinda like a very watered down or extremely light colored brown ale.

S- Alright, they nailed it. This is definitely very peanut butter-y. There really isn't anything else to say about this. Peanut butter isn't a very subtle flavor; it kinda takes over and doesn't let you get any other aromas. I think Coors is actually doing alright so far hitting this concept... Though I don't think a peanut butter bomb is the best thing for a beer, I'm giving them a higher score for getting the aroma perfect for what they are going for.

T/M- The taste is much more of a roasted peanut type of flavor rather than peanut butter. The sweetness is tamed down (thankfully) and it tastes just like someone took a bunch of ballpark peanuts, threw them in a juicer (if thats even possible) and then put it in this glass with some Blue Moon. The flavor does end with a bit of spice reminiscent of Blue Moon. The mouthfeel is pretty light and the carbonation is much higher than I expected. I think I figured something like a peanut butter beer being heavy and thick, but it wasn't.

O- I think I can give credit where credit is due. This is by no means a great beer, but Coors did a good job getting a beer to taste and smell like peanuts; which I've never had before. At this beer fest every other brewery was pouring 8-12 ounce pours; but for this beer we only got about 5-6 ounces which was a great thing because a tiny bit of this beer goes a very long way. I would never buy a whole pint of this beer, but would definitely try a smaller amount again. (1,838 characters)

Blue Moon Peanut Butter Ale from Coors Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.