Coors Light Iced T - Coors Brewing Company

awful

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  4.00% ABV

(Beer added by: wordemupg on 03-31-2012)
« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »
Reviews by spinrsx:
1.75/5  rDev -5.9%

473ml Bottle from the LCBO on King Edward for 2.25$

Appearance - Clear yellow colour with a smaller size fizzy white coloured head. There is an average amount of carbonation showing and there isn't much lacing. The head lasted for less than 60 seconds.

Smell - Tea, lemon, corn

Taste & Mouth - The beer has an average amount of carbonation an I can taste artificial lemon and tea mixed with some light grains and corn syrup. It ends with a sugary sweet aftertaste.

Overall - Well I had to try it. For what it's worth, I think I prefer it more than Bud Light Lime. It isn't so bad when it's going down, but the aftertaste leaves me wondering what the hell I just drank. I'm curious to see if this takes off. I wouldn't drink it again.. it's not a beer in my books.

spinrsx, Apr 17, 2012

beerhunter13, May 30, 2012
2.1/5  rDev +12.9%

341ml bottle. Glad I could procure a single from those nice folks inexplicably leaving Willow Park with two shopping carts stacked full of this stuff. Glory be to us, as Canadians, as the initial deployment market.

This beer pours a clear, medium golden colour (a fair bit darker than the regular offering, relativity accounted for), with a measly half finger of fizzy white soda-pop head, which bleeds away anon, leaving but a thin ebbing ring of surface lace around the glass.

It smells of citrus-tinged sweet Texas tea - watered down twice or thrice, and little else. Ok, maybe flat 7-Up mixed with Goodhost iced tea powder. Anyways, the taste is sweet rice grainy malt, blended in equal amounts with fake, sugary tea, and a weak lemon/lime fruitiness. Seriously, this is pretty much Bud Light Lime, with a healthy (heh) spoonful of iced tea powder. Gah.

The bubbles are average, nothing to really get all that into, the body a medium baiting weight, surprisingly so, given the source beer's notorious thinness, and plainly smooth. It finishes with a lessening sweetness, the iced tea flavour abating as well, leaving us with some generic sugary notes, and weird herbal interlopers.

Molson-Coors sales office, scene, winter, 2012: 'hmmm, sales are dropping off for our core brands (which happen to be BEER), so let's move even further away from that, re-purposing an oft-mimicked hack at AB to capture a more 'summer' feel.' Sigh. While I'm weirdly impressed with the extra body heft, the rest just makes me think of regressing 20 (ok, 5, what's it to ya?) years in my drinking life, and ordering a Long Island Iced Tea. Bang for your buck, and all that, eh?

biboergosum, Apr 09, 2012
1.63/5  rDev -12.4%

Went out to a sports bar near the college with some friends after class on Thursday. Surprised to see they had King Pils on tap. So after a few Kings, I noticed they had coasters out telling me to Try CLIT Today. So I bravely volunteered my palate to taste this horrifying experiment.

It pours the colour of pale lager mixed with iced tea. No head to speak of. It doesn't smell like beer or tea at all, the aroma is more reminiscent of orange soda and country time "lemonade." It tastes much the same, strongly citrusy and a little bit artificial with very little tea and no beer flavour. It's fairly sweet, but not as sweet as typical alchopops like Smirnoff Ice. It's a little less sweet than, say - Nestea.

I couldn't finish it. A few people around the table tasted it, no one was really thrilled about it, a female classmate of mine who thought it wasn't great, but not undrinkable bad either, finished it for me. I went back to ordering King Pilsner for the rest of the night.

mintjellie, Apr 14, 2012
2.25/5  rDev +21%

ThinkAgain, Apr 05, 2012
1.08/5  rDev -41.9%

Ok, this was given to me as a joke for my birthday gift... however, as a true BA, I have to taste this... even though I'm pretty sure it will not be spectacular.

The beer is golden in color. No head. Clear. The aroma has some tea notes with something else, but I can't tell what. Not very pleasant smell. Looks like a cold tea mixed with a beer. Taste is mainly tea with a slightly bitter in the end. Not good. I'm under the impression of drinking a cold tea that was carbonated... there is no complexities... this is an aberration... sorry I can't be nice here. This is very bad for the beer scene. They are not helping in getting more people to drink beer... they will make them run!

Anyway, bad beer. Avoid.

ZorPrime, May 26, 2012

irishkyle21, Sep 02, 2012
1.4/5  rDev -24.7%

Was very excited to try this new beer. I like the lime beers that are available and thought this might be a very nice drink on a hot summer day! Color good; a little foam nice; overall smell not hard to accept. However, first taste reminded me of perfume. Second taste reminded me of soap in my mouth. Unfortunately, unable to finish the bottle with my friend. My friend also felt the same way.

KB60, May 22, 2012
3.68/5  rDev +97.8%

Alright... so here it is. Coors Light Iced T, it's far from a beer. If you want to drink a BEER, stray far from this beverage. I really want to give this drink a fair review though, because it's really not that bad (as long as, again, you're in the mood for quaffing something other than a real beer).

Pours a colour slightly darker than the average macro, with a two finger head that quickly fizzles down to zero. No lacing, little cap.

Very sweet smell, dominant candy-like lemon scent, followed by tea, followed by the very faintest beer scent.

It doesn't taste much different than it smells. Sweet, candy lemon/iced tea with practically no malt or hops or anything that makes a beer a beer.

Soda pop like fizziness, very refreshing.

Call me crazy, but OVERALL, I like this drink. I wouldn't classify it as a beer by any means. It's like an iced tea cooler, only less sweet with no detectable alcohol flavours. If you gave it to a small child, they wouldn't know the difference between this and a carbonated iced tea soda pop concoction. It is incredibly refreshing. But I'll say it one last time, this is no beer. So beware. If you've ever wished for a soda that will get you buzzed, this is for you.

Cheers.

DreamDeath, May 18, 2014

SandS, Dec 03, 2012

philmen, May 04, 2012
2.2/5  rDev +18.3%

Tallboy can from the LCBO. As an iced tea drinker, this at least looks like it might sort of be up my alley, certainly moreso than those stupid lime lagers that were all the craze a few years ago. Still, my expectations are... tempered, given the brewer.

Pours a translucent golden colour, a bit deeper than Coors Light but not much more attractive. The head looks rather promising at first - frothy and more than two fingers thick - but it fizzles away as quickly as any other macro light lager head, with absolutely no cap or lacing. The smell is ok - a bit lemony, but mostly just syrupy sweet Nestea-like flavour, with the actual beer-like aromas buried well beneath these overtones. Probably for the best.

The taste is tolerable, but rather muddled. The same sweet, syrupy commercial iced tea flavour from the aroma is here in force, with some slight lemon zest that provides a bit of (much appreciated) tartness. The aftertaste blends these flavours with the usual bland, diluted musty corn flavour of regular Coors Light. Light-bodied and watery, and very fizzy with its high carbonation, but something in the ingredients list gives it a slick, syrupy mouthfeel, which is definitely not an advantage for a light/adjunct lager. Drinkable, ideally served somewhere outdoors, with a high ambient temperature.

This definitely tastes more like iced tea than beer (not actual iced tea with tea leaves; just mass-produced Nestea/Brisk type stuff). I'm sort of on the fence here - I like this more than the regular Coors Light, but that's probably because it actually tastes like something besides fizzy water. Much like the regular stuff, this brew is clearly geared toward the palates of people who don't really like beer that much.

Final Grade: 2.2, a slightly-tolerable D grade. I really doubt this will take off like lime beers did, but I've been wrong before. For what it's worth, this is fairly refreshing, and far from the worst 'flavoured malt beverage' I've ever had. That being said, I doubt I'll ever buy this again. If I'm sitting on a hot patio, there are too many other brews I'd select first - a wit, a fruitbier, even a more orthodox pale lager or pilsener would be preferable over the deformed, cross-eyed chimera that is Coors Light Iced T.

thehyperduck, Jun 14, 2012

500MLperWeek, May 29, 2012
1.88/5  rDev +1.1%

Pale straw yellow appearance with almost no head that quickly disapears. Smell is almost identical to iced tea; but unlike this ice tea smells good,

Taste consists of citrus, sweetness and some malt. It's basically coors light mixed with iced tea. Light bodied with high carbonation. Aftertaste is very dry.

This is a simple beer, not to many features. The name says it all. It's just a gimmick like Bud Light Lime, I recommend real beer.

CrazyMike, Apr 06, 2012
1.95/5  rDev +4.8%

Pours a clean yellow color with a white head. In the aroma, it smells like iced tea and sugary lemon. In the taste, just as you would think, it tastes like iced tea with a bunch of lemon juice poured in it. A small bite and a lighter bodied mouthfeel, with a sweet lemon iced tea like aftertaste. I guess this is a beer, but more a malternitive. Sweet tea beer, I guess there is a market for it.

OWSLEY069, Aug 23, 2012

2 years ago I was on the beach and at the bar there were serving this new drink for free!
So I wanted to give it a try.
The smell is quite nice I got to say, they tried to reproduce the flavour of the Iced Tea and I think the combination of it is quite nice on a hot summer day
Its a real refreshing beer very different that those lime beer. I got to tell u won t get drunk with that beer very easily.
Thats why I give a 3 because on a hot summer day drink 1 or 2 is definitely refreshing.
Even for women this beer might impressed u.
Would I recommend it. I will say yes. Its a changement from all those Lime Beer.

kevofficiel, Aug 26, 2014
3.08/5  rDev +65.6%

Pours a light pencil yellow colour with a moderate soapy white head that burns off within a couple of minutes, leaving a string of a collar behind without any lacing.

It actually smells pretty nice. Lemongrass, green tea and a hint of ginger ale. Some grains and a light honey sweetness as well.

Very refreshing taste. Sharp lemon, slightly dry tea and nary a hint of anything resembling beer. Has more in common with a lemon flavoured ginger ale. Far less sweet than I expected.

Very thin mouthfeel with moderate carbonation. Bright pop on the tongue with an ever so slight oiliness. The finish is scantily malty, mildly dry and bitter. The aftertaste brings a lingering lemon flavour.

From a technical standpoint this beer is terrible on all accounts, but it’s far less offensive than most flavoured beers such as BL Lime and it does make a refreshing and extremely drinkable beverage. By all logic I should hate this, but I don’t and I could see myself picking this up for golfing, fishing or having it at a baseball game.

bryehn, Apr 06, 2012

bram325, Jan 18, 2014
4.63/5  rDev +148.9%

Quite different than anything else out there. Being a Southerner I love some iced tea but didn't expect to like this. Turns out I love it. Smells better than most beer (sweetish) and tastes more like tea than it does beer. Will definitely be buying this again. Hopefully they keep it on the shelves and don't discontinue it.

JewSoDiesSo, Jun 08, 2012