Coors Light Iced T - Coors Brewing Company

awful

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  4.00% ABV

(Beer added by: wordemupg on 03-31-2012)
« first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | next › last »

JasonThaler, Aug 27, 2014

2 years ago I was on the beach and at the bar there were serving this new drink for free!
So I wanted to give it a try.
The smell is quite nice I got to say, they tried to reproduce the flavour of the Iced Tea and I think the combination of it is quite nice on a hot summer day
Its a real refreshing beer very different that those lime beer. I got to tell u won t get drunk with that beer very easily.
Thats why I give a 3 because on a hot summer day drink 1 or 2 is definitely refreshing.
Even for women this beer might impressed u.
Would I recommend it. I will say yes. Its a changement from all those Lime Beer.

kevofficiel, Aug 26, 2014

mjacquard, Nov 09, 2012

Kremlock, Oct 04, 2012

irishkyle21, Sep 02, 2012
1.95/5  rDev +4.8%

Pours a clean yellow color with a white head. In the aroma, it smells like iced tea and sugary lemon. In the taste, just as you would think, it tastes like iced tea with a bunch of lemon juice poured in it. A small bite and a lighter bodied mouthfeel, with a sweet lemon iced tea like aftertaste. I guess this is a beer, but more a malternitive. Sweet tea beer, I guess there is a market for it.

OWSLEY069, Aug 23, 2012
2.63/5  rDev +41.4%

Last year it was lime, this year it would seem to be iced tea. Whatever, every beer deserves a chance.

Appearance: The pour produced a thin half finger of head that did not lace nor retain, so we aren't starting out well. Surprisingly a good amount of carbonation in the body, which looks like, well iced tea mixed with a light beer.

Smell: Unsurprisingly the smell of lemon iced tea dominates the nose. There's also a sugary note to it as well, with the barest touch of straw malt in the background. It's not bad, it's not especially good but it is as advertised.

Taste: I really want to try to analyze this beer but it, like the smell is as advertised. It tastes like Coors Light with some canned iced tea mixed into it. It works, just not very well as the malt takes away from the tea taste as it tries to struggle though, and the iced tea taste seems to mesh oddly with the carbonation. Still I've had worse.

Mouthfeel: Points get deducted for the complete lack of head. In this case here the carbonation seems to help bring out the iced tea taste, but instead of helping, it makes us realize why tea isn't meant to be carbonated. Nice mild iced tea aftertaste though, the beer seems to pull back the sweetness here.

Drinkability: Well, it's certainly refreshing but it's an odd beast to say the least. The high carbonation doesn't do it many favours, making it a bit gassy but it is easy enough going down. I don't know if I'd want more then a couple though.

Final Thoughts: I wouldn't regularly drink this, but it's not as bad as I thought it would be. The problem here is I'd probably be more charitable if I hadn't already had Mill St Lemon Tea Beer which is the right way of doing this. Maybe give it a shot, but don't buy a six pack.

TheHammer, Aug 19, 2012
3.68/5  rDev +97.8%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Alright... so here it is. Coors Light Iced T, it's far from a beer. If you want to drink a BEER, stray far from this beverage. I really want to give this drink a fair review though, because it's really not that bad (as long as, again, you're in the mood for quaffing something other than a real beer).

Pours a colour slightly darker than the average macro, with a two finger head that quickly fizzles down to zero. No lacing, little cap.

Very sweet smell, dominant candy-like lemon scent, followed by tea, followed by the very faintest beer scent.

It doesn't taste much different than it smells. Sweet, candy lemon/iced tea with practically no malt or hops or anything that makes a beer a beer.

Soda pop like fizziness, very refreshing.

Call me crazy, but OVERALL, I like this drink. I wouldn't classify it as a beer by any means. It's like an iced tea cooler, only less sweet with no detectable alcohol flavours. If you gave it to a small child, they wouldn't know the difference between this and a carbonated iced tea soda pop concoction. It is incredibly refreshing. But I'll say it one last time, this is no beer. So beware. If you've ever wished for a soda that will get you buzzed, this is for you.

Cheers.

CharlyNovember, Jul 28, 2012
1.3/5  rDev -30.1%

Picked up 6 of these by mistake, tried one, what swill,
the rest will probably be in the garage until Christmas,
then I'll give them to someone I don't like.
I don't know where they market tested this product
maybe a high school somewhere. Sorry Coors but
I think you made a mistake on this one, I doubt if it will be
around by next summer.