Blue Moon Agave Nectar Ale - Coors Brewing Company

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

American Pale Wheat Ale |  5.60% ABV

Availability: Summer

(Beer added by: TMoney2591 on 04-08-2012)

dmorgan310, May 28, 2013

knuxdude, May 28, 2013
3.08/5  rDev +2.7%

Twelve ounce bottle freshness stamped August 26, 2013.

Sweet biscuit scent. Pours honey yellow with large white head. Head quickly faded to a thin non-lacing film. Taste is not what I anticipated. I connect agave to Tequila and expected something like Budweisers' Tequiza. This is more of a cloying coriander and sour spice ale. Not a drain pour but nothing to buy again.

CaptJackHarkness, May 27, 2013
3.31/5  rDev +10.3%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

I picked this ole jewel up at my regular grocery store for $7.37.
I have had several Blue Moon products over the years and although I would not consider them a top notch innovator in the industry, I still enjoy their products.
This particular product caught my eye when it read "agave"---I know what it is but have no idea what it is supposed to taste like---so i bought it.
I assume that agave is sweet like unroasted barley and corn....that was pretty much what I got out of it. I have no idea if they use adjucts in their beer but it posessed that type of sweetness----and just enough bitterness to identify. Nice body- mouthfill and body were on par for a 5.6% abv.
I wish i could give a better reveiw, but I could not pull any real complexity from this beer....I liked it-better than my budget beer I usually keep in stock-bolder sweetness if nothing else-but not enough to spend $7.37 on it again.
Looks like i am going to have to give this a slightly better than average rating...3.25

jploving, May 27, 2013
3.25/5  rDev +8.3%

sweenbeen, May 26, 2013
3.48/5  rDev +16%
look: 4 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

A - Pours a bright golden honey with a ton of bubbles. Has a 2 finger head with excellent retention

S- Light aromas of citrus, yeast and biscuits

T - Spicy tasting. Corriander? Light citrus in the background

M - A light beer, but has a good creamy feeling with lots of bubbles

O - A very refreshing beer. Would be enjoyable on a hot summer day in a pool. Would drink it again, but probably not one I'll pick up often.

Goosehunter75, May 25, 2013

3.5/5  rDev +16.7%

swimnadd, May 24, 2013

colsandurz, May 24, 2013
3.03/5  rDev +1%

Poured from a 12oz. bottle into a standard pint glass.
Chill-hazed gold in color, with a decent sized head of foam.
Aroma-Faint pale malt
Taste-Cucumber, faint wheat. The agave seem to work against the other flavors, lending an oily sweetish mouthfeel that seem out of place. Hats off to Blue Moon for trying to add to their flagship, but this one doesn't do it for me.

hosehead83, May 23, 2013
3.25/5  rDev +8.3%

zacky_U, May 23, 2013

vcoggins, May 22, 2013
3.11/5  rDev +3.7%

Out of the bottle the pour was nice and head was average and quickly dissipated.

Appearance: was golden to almost amber and carbonation on the average side.

Smell: agave with a slight beer aroma

Taste: agave with beer background, slight smokiness and faint cloves was found.

Mouthfeel: was average and taste lingered like an ale should.

Overall it was decent and reminded me of Amigos Tequila flavored beer, however it wasn't as strong on the alcohol side as the Amigos is. It was an alright Blue Moon beer not a favorite however pretty good.

Shagdog-Jammer, May 22, 2013
1.25/5  rDev -58.3%

Crimsonfloods, May 21, 2013

morebeergood, May 21, 2013
2.75/5  rDev -8.3%

s- Really not much of a smell at all.
A- Light to medium gold.
T- Not a lot of flavor, no real taste of wheat and mildly hopped, a very light version of a Blonde Ale, but also an easy drinking beer, NOT unpleasant at all.
O- I was hesitant to try this beer for a couple of reasons. I have found Blue Moon beers to be either good, or, 'Not so good', and because of the Agave, I can't STAND Tequila!! That said, the best part of this beer is the 'aftertaste'..I know it sounds odd, but I like the lightly sweet finish with just a 'hint' of salt...Maybe it's just me, but I believe I'll drink this again.

mk3, May 21, 2013

Kingcurio, May 21, 2013
2.5/5  rDev -16.7%

StoutHunter, May 21, 2013
2.91/5  rDev -3%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3

A - Hazy golden amber yellow with medium head about an inch that dissipates almost as soon as you pour it (45 degree in a tulip glass), but leaves behind a couple millimeters of clear white fizzle at the rim
S - somewhat sweet, doughy and grainy smell of wheat, yeast and hints of malt
T - Pretty negligible taste with regards to the agave. Not sure if this was a marketing strategy for those that appreciate a sweet beer from time to time, but the agave was non-existent; quite a disappointment in terms of expectations from the agave nectar perspective
M - light body style of beer with light carbonation; easy to drink with light hops and very mild watered down aftertaste. No bitter aftertaste with this one
O - a pretty average summer beer with nothing much to write home about, but a fairly okay beer. Nothing really special about this beer and with all the other great light to medium beers out there with true sweetness such as the hefeweizens and Dundees honey brown lager, why settle for this unless you got it on-sale like I did at your local grocer or package store

shanny1981, May 20, 2013