Blue Moon Agave Nectar Ale - Coors Brewing Company

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

American Pale Wheat Ale |  5.60% ABV

Availability: Summer

(Beer added by: TMoney2591 on 04-08-2012)
2.75/5  rDev -8.3%

2.75/5  rDev -8.3%

s- Really not much of a smell at all.
A- Light to medium gold.
T- Not a lot of flavor, no real taste of wheat and mildly hopped, a very light version of a Blonde Ale, but also an easy drinking beer, NOT unpleasant at all.
O- I was hesitant to try this beer for a couple of reasons. I have found Blue Moon beers to be either good, or, 'Not so good', and because of the Agave, I can't STAND Tequila!! That said, the best part of this beer is the 'aftertaste'..I know it sounds odd, but I like the lightly sweet finish with just a 'hint' of salt...Maybe it's just me, but I believe I'll drink this again.

2.5/5  rDev -16.7%

2.91/5  rDev -3%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3

A - Hazy golden amber yellow with medium head about an inch that dissipates almost as soon as you pour it (45 degree in a tulip glass), but leaves behind a couple millimeters of clear white fizzle at the rim
S - somewhat sweet, doughy and grainy smell of wheat, yeast and hints of malt
T - Pretty negligible taste with regards to the agave. Not sure if this was a marketing strategy for those that appreciate a sweet beer from time to time, but the agave was non-existent; quite a disappointment in terms of expectations from the agave nectar perspective
M - light body style of beer with light carbonation; easy to drink with light hops and very mild watered down aftertaste. No bitter aftertaste with this one
O - a pretty average summer beer with nothing much to write home about, but a fairly okay beer. Nothing really special about this beer and with all the other great light to medium beers out there with true sweetness such as the hefeweizens and Dundees honey brown lager, why settle for this unless you got it on-sale like I did at your local grocer or package store

2.5/5  rDev -16.7%

3.31/5  rDev +10.3%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

I will open up by saying that it is allergy season and therefore my senses may be slightly off.

a: A nice clear straw color with little to no head.

s: This aspect is most effected by my allergies however the sweetness was still noticeable.

t: Very delicious. True to the style there is a nice caramel flavor there that is tied in nicely with the sweetness of the agave.

m: A crisp finishing beer with a pop of carbonation at the end makes this a very nice mouthfeel. Very little residual flavor hanging around.

o: I really enjoyed this beer. It was a very well balanced beer and remained true to the common American Ale style. I would certainly buy this again.

3.5/5  rDev +16.7%

3.25/5  rDev +8.3%

3.75/5  rDev +25%

3.53/5  rDev +17.7%
look: 2.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

pours golden in color minimal head and lace is the best i can say about that. smell is a little better with a soft sweet veggie or really ripe fruit note. taste is slightly sweet some wheat and agave and mouthfeel very smooth light to medium but what hurt this beer most poor carbonation a little stronger would have made all the difference for me, i might buy again as a change of pace but it's not on my top list.

2.56/5  rDev -14.7%
look: 3 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.25

A friend brought me a bottle of this as he knows I'm always down for trying something new-to-me. Poured into a pint glass. Pours a clear pale gold with a thin off-white head on top. Nose is sweet - fruity, floral, honey.

Crisp mouth, refreshing, easy drinking. Each sip of this gets sweeter and sweeter. I'm guessing that's agave I'm tasting? Sweet apples, mild citrus, faint spice. This is an odd one. A sweet fruity beer, that I would pass on in the future. Too artificial. Pass.

3.24/5  rDev +8%
look: 4 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

A nice little light sweet pale wheat ale. Sweetness was not overdone. Poured a nice golden color wit h some fliffly white head. Smell was faint with no hop prezence what so ever. Decent little summery beer and I would drink this over the belgian wit anyday.

Blue Moon Agave Nectar Ale from Coors Brewing Company