Coors Light - Coors Brewing Company

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Coors Light Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,201 | Hads: 4,643
2.53/5  rDev +21.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

Poured a very light golden hue with a bit of head. Smell wise I could detect a faint amount of corn. Taste was very watery a hint of corn and grains. Refreshing but Coors Banquet is better. (189 characters)

3.22/5  rDev +54.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 4.25

I really like this beer. Yes there are better beers but this one always finds its way into my fridge. You have to remember what you're buying, I'm not buying a Sam Adams or a Columbus IPA your buying a beer that's meant to be drank on a hot summer day. It's got decent flavor and it's a solid beer. When I get home I toss a couple of silver bullets into the freezer, have supper then pack a pipe and enjoy a couple beers after a hard days work with good beer and good tobacco. (476 characters)

1.19/5  rDev -42.8%

It was drinkable for as long as it was freezing cold, when it warmed up even a little I couldn't even take a sip.

It is all around a very unpleasant, tasteless beer. (166 characters)

1.47/5  rDev -29.3%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

Never would buy for myself but I suppose it is fine if you get it for free at a party or with friends. Very bright yellow and clear colour to the body, barely any flavors save for the metal from the can with a light aftertaste of bread, very very weak hops and yeast. MUST be served ice cold to mask the taste or I could never stomach the stuff. (345 characters)

1.48/5  rDev -28.8%
look: 1 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.5

This is a piss pour excuse for a beer. It's like a beer impostor. It pours like urine, tastes like the ghost of a hop, and is about as interesting as watching paint dry. Just don't. (181 characters)

1.3/5  rDev -37.5%

It's best experienced when your palate is neutral. It tastes like seltzer water with a hint of fake malt and fake hops. It's actually pretty good when you are hot and desperate, as it has little flavor and even the slowest drinker can finish a can at lightning speed.

However, if you try one of these so-called Silver Bullets after consuming real beer, you lose. At best, disappointment. At worst, a sore stomach from the cheap beet sugar and rice used in brewing the Silver Bullet. (488 characters)

2.63/5  rDev +26.4%

12 oz. bottling into a Pint Glass

A - Clear, pale straw in color with visible and moderately fast rising carbonation. Head is slightly frothy and white (dissipates quickly to next to nothing). 3/5

S - Light malt. Very slight sweet note. Grassy hops. 2.5/5

T - Extremely light malt. Grainy. Cereal. Slight hops note at the back end. Very little bitterness. 2.5/5

M - Scrubbing bubbles carbonation sensation. Very light and crisp. No drying astringency. 3/5

O - Good for what it is. Not as good as Miller Lite in my book but better than Bud Light. Good with or without food, preferably on a hot day. 2.75/5 (626 characters)

3.81/5  rDev +83.2%

I love beer and I drink it every day. At (age) 62, carbs are an important factor. High carbs = high weight gain. Must keep the carbs at or below 5.5g/beer. I want to be treated right with a beer's alcohol content too, which is just as important to me as any other attribute. Coors Light is always an excellent choice for me. The aroma, flavor, after burp, 4.2 ABV and at 5g carbs Coors Light is a great beer. A straight shot about every three beers or so makes up for the slightly lower alcohol content. I love the flavor the aluminum can adds, but the flavor of Coors Light from the bottle is fine too. Adolf Coors (who became a proud American) went to a lot of trouble to find the right water with which to brew a great beer and I think he did. I think he'd be proud of Coors Light. (784 characters)

2.89/5  rDev +38.9%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

I much prefer the taste over most other domestic mass produced beer. Cold on a hot day, or with some cheap wings watching a game. Not the worst thing in the world. (163 characters)

2.12/5  rDev +1.9%
look: 3 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.5

it's just kinda there....more trouble than it's worth using the energy to open the bottle, pour and drink. I gave my 12 pack away after drinking a few...I put 3 bottles in the freezer for a couple hours before drinking to make it a little more interesting...very weird little buzz (281 characters)

look: 1.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2.25

People totally hate on beers like this and bud light without thinking about what it actually is. Beers like this are not made to be delicious or magnificent. This is what I call a "glass of water beer". It has two purposes to be refreshing and to get you a buzz. Would I rather have a nice craft beer? Yes. But if im im the mood for something inexpensive and "decent" its better than nothing. If you hate it so much then shut up and dont drink it and stop posting about how you would rather drink goat piss than this. (521 characters)

3.45/5  rDev +65.9%

One of my least favorite light beers. If i am going for a light beer I rather have a Bud Light, Miller lite or Tecate Light. Coors is not bad though. I get a Metallic taste. Corny and watery. Smooth finish. Easy drinking. Nothing special here. (243 characters)

Replied to a ad on Craigslist last night for a gangbang. Got loaded on coors light and headed over and had a little fun with Amy and her 6 friends. Hey-yo (156 characters)

1.72/5  rDev -17.3%

Review from memory (had at a wedding a few weeks back). Pours a sickly yellow with almost no head to speak of. Aroma is negligible, with some corn and maybe a touch of very light bread dough and sweetness. Taste mirrors this, corn, water, not much else. Mouthfeel is the same as all the big 3, fizzy, yet not lively or interesting. Overall, probably the best of the big 3 for me, better than bud light and miller light. (424 characters)

2.12/5  rDev +1.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

Is this beer? Nice label though. Very low body, watery, flavorless, odorless. I didn´t even like it for outdoor activities or anything. Very forgetable drink., (160 characters)

2.81/5  rDev +35.1%

I have a 355ml bottle in Australia it is coors only no (coors light). pours a clear pale golden with a medium white head. Sweet malt aroma with corn and malt. Taste similar to aroma, sweet and watery light bitterness on the finish. I’ll take it over bud light that’s forsure. (279 characters)

2.5/5  rDev +20.2%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

Eh.

That about sums it up. Its does not taste bad, but it doesnt have alot of taste- at all.
It is refreshing, but probably the worst out of the Bud, Miller, Coors trio. (170 characters)

1.43/5  rDev -31.3%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

I think I'd rather not drink beer than to drink Coors Light. Maybe I'm biased because I used to know a bunch of douche bags who swore this was far better than the inferior cheap beers such as keystone and the beast. It's all crap. (230 characters)

3.13/5  rDev +50.5%

Draft with Capone's $.25 hot wings it was the only other $2.25 domestic option and I didn't feel like an expensive beer. My usual lager was terrible, don't know what was up with that but that got returned after 2 sips ...

Looks like yellow fizzy macro lager should look. Not much aroma, what's there smells ok bready malt. Taste follows, no hop presence to speak off but that's ok once in a while. Clean, moderately crisp and easy to drink. Went good with the wings.

It's what you expect and really not that bad on draft which I've had before. Can is terrible we do not accept that if offered. (596 characters)

1.15/5  rDev -44.7%

This beer for me does not deserve a review, I simply hate this kind of colored water I don't understand why a lot of american people love this beer... ? (152 characters)

3.08/5  rDev +48.1%

This is the beer for a 95 degree day when you just finished the mowing. It's also good for fried foods or foods where you don't want the flavor getting in the way of the food's flavor. It's basic, watery, but sometimes that hits the spot. (238 characters)

2.09/5  rDev +0.5%

Drank 48oz out of a Das Boot in roughly 90 seconds. Better than any other Macro lager. Best served near-ice temperature and consumed as quickly as possible. (156 characters)

2.55/5  rDev +22.6%

It's hot out... I'm on the beach and don't want to be hammered on a session beer of better quality. Don't be mad, it's still good to pay hommage to college... This is not a good beer though LOL. (197 characters)

1.54/5  rDev -26%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.5

The mountains were blue but that didn't help the flavor much.

Strikingly pale in color. The nose was too non-existent to be considered good or bad. This was a watery waste of time. (184 characters)

1.5/5  rDev -27.9%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Absolutely rancid tasting beer. Can't even use this for beer pong. I would much rather drink water than waste my time on this swill. I truly do not understand how I used to regularly drink this back in the day. (210 characters)

Coors Light from Coors Brewing Company