Coors Light - Coors Brewing Company

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Coors Light Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,201 | Hads: 4,643

This is really the only other beer I like besides Guinness. Not gonna go into flavor we all know what coors is like. I drank 12 of these at the pay lake by myself without getting drunk. Didn't have a hangover either. I give it a 5 because this is my macro beer of choice. (271 characters)

ive drank 500 gallons, will drink 500 gallons more. this is a beer to cut your teeth on, to be a teenager with, to be outdoors with, to drink and drink and drink on long summer days with no water and find a decent forgiveness in the morning. this is the beer of smokey and the bandit, smokey runnin coolers of coors across old man river mississippi so all we east least can get a taste of the Rockies. this is the beer of Golden Colorado, Shelby County Tennessee, the Shenandoah Valley in Virginia, and every raging prom party worth a bucket of spit and a Kid Rock song. I drink it when the mountains turn BLUE. (611 characters)

My favorite Beer. Perfect, goes down smooth, perfect cold. Awesome taste. Doesn't make stomach upset. My favorite beer hands down!!!! The wide mouth makes every sip enjoyable.

Cans are just as good as the bottles. Obviously the cans are cheaper but the bottles are a great price as well!

When the mountains are blue, its Time to drink!!! (339 characters)

I enjoy this brew. Its the only thing i have bought with my own money as far as alcohol. My friend introduced me to the silver bullet one day. I thought it was a bit stronger than bud light. At this point, I was kind of wanting to try stronger beers. So it was a refreshing change, while still being inoffensive. Now, i drank it today after having some the other day. It has no flavor to speak of. Its kind of sweet though. Its nothing really memorable. Poured into glass gently so there would be no foam. The foam really makes me sick to my stomach. So light beer is really good because of that. pale golden liquid. Never actually seen it out of the bottle till today. Its smell is kind of sweet. Its inoffensive. I can't really taste anything other than a slight beer taste. Very forgettable. Its good for me to drink when i get thirsty. I would buy it again. Best beer I drink all the time (899 characters)

4.02/5  rDev +93.3%

Appearance: Burned impression of straw; in a clear keg cup or a red keg cup, the expectation is fulfilled; crystal clear; typical domestic light lager head; uninspiring to the connoisseur; liquid gold to the tailgater

Smell: Pleasantly outdoorsy despite the expectation of metallic overtones; clean rice as opposed to oppressive corn

Taste: Pure and clean; it simply tastes like American lager; light

Mouthfeel: Like a party in your mouth - a party where many people are leaving and many people are arriving at the same time

Drinkability: Impeccable, quantity-wise (576 characters)

4.02/5  rDev +93.3%

This beer is an American Light beer and I review it as such.

To me drinkability is one of the biggest things that is important, I like beer and I like to be able to drink more than 1 without feeling full.

Coors Light never dissapoints, always has a great taste and is very drinkable. It is my go to beer for events, tailgating, parties, or just grilling on a hot summer day.

A great beer, however beer snobs should avoid. (426 characters)

The appearance is a light straw color. The head is medium sized, but dissolves quickly into a small ring around the glass.

The smell is very faint. It consists of strong corn adjunct, white bread, some sweetness.

As for the taste, it's watery, with sweet corn adjunct and then white breadiness into the aftertaste.

The mouthfeel is watery, with lots of carbonation.

The finish is dry, crisp, and refreshing. (415 characters)

Appearance- A brown bottle. The Silver Bullet baby.

Smell- very musty, but isn't a turn off to this beer.

Taste- Great standard taste for any beer, but the taste can get bad after around beer number 3.

Mouthfeel- big mouth. Easy to down.

Drinkability- One of the most drinkable beers out there. If you're at a get together, I'd recommend this. If you're on a special occasion, avoid this beer. (Superbowls, and parties are perfect for this beer) (449 characters)

3.92/5  rDev +88.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.25

Coors Light is a very respectable beer. It is hands-down the most refreshing beer in the world. You cannot compare a light beer like this to a more potent beer, say like a Franziskaner, because they are in completely different classes. So shut up. It also does not taste like urine. Why do you know what urine tastes like anyway?

The color is light yellow. It is a light beer so what do you want it to look like? The smell smells like beer should smell. Taste is delicious. The mouthfeel is cold and refreshing, just as advertised. It is ice cold just like the hearts of all of the people here who bash this excellent beer.

Overall I think Coors Light is just fantastic. It is a beer for whenever you want to just sit around with friends and drink a ton of beer. Won't fill you up. Won't let you down. You need to drink about 25 to get truly drink, but it's enough that each beer will keep the buzz going. As refreshing as they come. (937 characters)

3.9/5  rDev +87.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

Had a coldie on tap, in the usual ballpark plastic cup, with a fully loaded hot dog at the Angels game yesterday. Delicious. Nothing like a beer and a dog at a ballgame, and neither one disappointed me, nor did the Halos. This is just a pleasant beer that I enjoy drinking. (273 characters)

3.88/5  rDev +86.5%
look: 2 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Pours a nice golden color with thick head that quickly diminishes to less than a lace. Slightl less corn adjunct aroma than most and I sense a little malt. Surprised on the flavor, way more than most adjunct lagers, let all light her beers. Sense a little hops also. By far the best light beer I've had. (303 characters)

3.87/5  rDev +86.1%

Very dinkable light beer. Pours light yellow in color, very nice head with a crisp taste. The kinda beer you can drink doing yard work or sittting around by the pool with freinds. Has to be one of my favorite light beers. Flows smooth and easy. Wake up the next day with a smile even after many. Hang over free!! (312 characters)

3.83/5  rDev +84.1%

This is definitely one of the great lite beers out there on the market today. Certainly a session beer, where the low alcohol percentage and few calories lets you drink up without feeling too full or bloated. I prefer it out of the bottle... Whenever I get it on tap it seems very watered-down and bland. Taste-wise, I've tried better lite beers, but this is certainly up there with some of the best. It is a definite classic and can be enjoyed with just about any food-pairing, especially good to be enjoyed with appetizers. (525 characters)

3.83/5  rDev +84.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 4

I love craft beer more than the next guy. More. I'm from the Portland metro area. I am blessed with countless microbreweries from Seattle to PDX. However, I love coors light. It's amazing. How could you down on such a smooth beer. Love is all I have for it. (257 characters)

3.83/5  rDev +84.1%

Okay, Okay, this beer is like water. But I still like it! It pours a very light yellow with lots of carbonation. This beer really does not have too much taste to speak of but I love to drink this beer with Mexican or Chinese food because it does not have a strong taste. It is a very light beer that does not fill you up when you are eating food. This is my go to beer when I just want to drink something light with food. So, ok, it is not a great beer by any means, but it is just fine for an American Macro Light Lager. Chow down and drink up! A great beer to eat food with when you don't care about matching food with the perfect beer. A great alternative to soda. :) (670 characters)

3.82/5  rDev +83.7%

I think this beer is another example of beer snobs rating a beer low because it doesn't match what their idea of a good beer is. Now, I love a good beer, but this beer is pretty damn good. I have never had a beer as drinkable as this one, it goes down nice and easy. I will admit it doesn't look or smell all that exceptional, but the taste is crisp and clean and this is incredibly drinkable. Silver bullet all the way. (420 characters)

3.82/5  rDev +83.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

A. A typical clear light beer look. Decent carbonation. Very thin head

S. Has a mix of hop and grain smell

T. Very easy to drink beer. Good for parties

M. Carbonation kicks in. Crisp. Noticable sticky after taste

D. Its a light beer. Drink all you want. Like i said good for parties. Pour it for pong.

Final Thoughts: Its a fairly cheap beer. Good for parties. Easy to drink. I enjoy it (395 characters)

3.81/5  rDev +83.2%

I love beer and I drink it every day. At (age) 62, carbs are an important factor. High carbs = high weight gain. Must keep the carbs at or below 5.5g/beer. I want to be treated right with a beer's alcohol content too, which is just as important to me as any other attribute. Coors Light is always an excellent choice for me. The aroma, flavor, after burp, 4.2 ABV and at 5g carbs Coors Light is a great beer. A straight shot about every three beers or so makes up for the slightly lower alcohol content. I love the flavor the aluminum can adds, but the flavor of Coors Light from the bottle is fine too. Adolf Coors (who became a proud American) went to a lot of trouble to find the right water with which to brew a great beer and I think he did. I think he'd be proud of Coors Light. (784 characters)

3.8/5  rDev +82.7%

this beer really took me away to the rocky mountains. Coors light is a beer that only been and beautiful women drink. Having it cold and crisp brew really took me to another level of enjoyment. I almost cried as the frosty crisp mountain refreshness make love to my throat. Thank you god for Coors Light. (304 characters)

3.75/5  rDev +80.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

Coors Light has a medium, white head and a very clear, straw appearance, with a good amount of carbonation. The aroma is of a subtle beer sweetness, and the taste is surprisingly good, with a slightly sweet context, and with its rounded presentation, no particular ingredient flavor predominates. Mouth-feel is light and watery, and Coors Light finishes crisp and refreshing. Overall, I was expecting to hate this, and was pleasantly surprised. I have to recommend giving it a try, if one is a light beer drinker.

RJT (519 characters)

3.75/5  rDev +80.3%

Coors light drank from a can at a the US Nationals NHRA (drag race) in Indianapolis. The air temperature was 100 degs F. The track temperature was 135. The beer was cold and refreshing.
The color was not evident, but I am sure it was the pale yellow that it always is. The smell was faint with a bit of malt and hops. The flavor was pleasant with a bit of malt and a mere hint of hops.
The mouthfeel was adequate cool and carbonated.
This is a good beer under these circumstance. I would not want a heavier beer. The situation called for something light with a bit of flavor and this is it.
I am a long time fan of Coors. It was the featured beer at my wedding reception in 1979. (681 characters)

3.75/5  rDev +80.3%

Probably one of the best cheap beers that come in a 36 pack that you can get. Crisp and light with endless gmo's that you would expect to come in acheaply mass produced American lager. makes me wanna watch those Coors light and ice cube commercials over and over again. (270 characters)

3.74/5  rDev +79.8%

This has always been my go to beer. I enjoy it at all times of the year. It is a typical light beer with a clean pour, look, and taste. I do find that if it isn't served very cold it can leave a lingering unpleasant taste on the mouth. However, if I cannot find anything new or different to drink I always go for Coors Light. (325 characters)

3.7/5  rDev +77.9%

Coors Light
Coors Brewing Company
Style: Light Lager
ABV: 4.20 %
can > pint glass, reviewed 10/16/09

3/3/4/4/4

Appearance is a very light/clear straw in color with noticeable carbonation. Suprising 2 finger head with short head retention but a bit better than most other light macros IMO.

Smell and taste is... well... almost invisible. Super clean and in almost non existent. If this is an objective of the Amercian Light macro scene, well than this brew has arrived. I prefer a bit more taste even in a light beer, but it is very impressive how clean this one is.

Mouthfeel is very light in body with high carbonation. Very clean profile with no aftertaste.

According to style I think Coors Light meets the objectives pretty well. It has a bit more of a cleaner profile than B&M, very light and non filling as you would expect. Drinkable if this is your type of style. I may have learned that I would choose a CL over BL or ML if someone is handing them out. (969 characters)

3.65/5  rDev +75.5%

Classic, cheap beer. One of the best party brews. Very drinkable and smooth. Is bitter at times, and is not consistent in its batches. I have multiple times, had skunked beers in the same case as decent coors.

Best way to drink the beer is on tap or keg. Not a beer for those who actually enjoy beer. Best if drank with country music, friends, and a fishing pole. (365 characters)

Coors Light from Coors Brewing Company