Coors Light - Coors Brewing Company

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Coors Light Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,215 | Hads: 4,741
1.38/5  rDev -32.4%

I picked this up at a picnic because it was there. I'm reviewing this beer because I need to knock a light lager off off my list of beers to review.

I'll try to be nice. When the beer is super cold... it smells like nothing. As the beer warms, it gets worse and worse. The reason for cold labeling is so that you never really taste the beer. As it warmed, the smell of feet got stronger and stronger.

But, the texture of beer was like water. Which, was perfect for a light lager.

1.37/5  rDev -32.8%

The moutains are blue and my beer is as cold as the Rockies. I'm following up a 2008 Abyss with this 2009 gem, which expires on March 8th 2010.

The beer pours like water, literally. With even the smallest light behind the pour, the liquid stream is entirely clear. Only after the beer takes shape in the glass do you recognize the slightest shade of gold, and as little bubbles continue to surface from the depths, the white head has disappeared forever, without a trace. The smell is of adjuct lager. Super-grainy and not much else. No sign of hops to be found. A slight fruit sweetness that if not present would condemn the smell of this beer to "ass" status gives it the extra .5 in the rating for aroma.

Good Lord what have I subjected my mouth to? I don't know if I can even describe these flavors beyond "artificial". grains, and again a hint of sweetness, but no hops to be found here either. Watery, airy, disgusting. Yuck. As cold as it is, I was hoping I wouldn't be able to taste it... Unfortunately I was wrong.

Mouthfeel is super light and super carbonated. Gross as everywhere else. Drinkability amounts to a drain pour, although I have been known to shotgun these when I get wasted, so I have to give it a little credit here.

1.37/5  rDev -32.8%

I know I've had this over the years a couple times and I'm surprised I never reviewed it before... it must have fell through the cracks somehow. This beer poured out as a clear yellow color with a very fast fading white head on top. The beer has some carbonation bubbles that rise to the top on occasion. The smell of the beer is mostly aromas of corn and other sweet grains. The taste is very bland, I'd say it lacks everything in the flavor/taste category. The mouthfeel is watery, thin and boring. Overall it's nothing to be proud of, it's got no depth or anything. Avoid it, because there is nothing good about it.

1.36/5  rDev -33.3%

Did my own personal blind taset test of this beer and other 'light' beers could not tell the difference.

Again this beer tastes like carbonated pool water.

It pours a flat near colorless liquid.
Smells like its chlorinated. Tasted like it too. Kinda left a metallic feel behind.

How could you even get buzzed off of this beer? Is there even alcohol in it? Is this high fructose corn syrup beer safe to drink? What the hell is this crap? Its my life goal to avert people from drinking this thinking its beer.

1.36/5  rDev -33.3%

this was the first beer I ever tried 10 years ago. As an 18 year old college student this was probably the best at the time. Not really a college beer, but better than alternatives bud light and natty light. I bonged this beer the first time I had it and it turned my world upside down to a world of beer.

1.35/5  rDev -33.8%

Coor's Light tastes like water to me. I know it's light beer, but it should have at least some flavor. If you like watery beers that go down easy, this beer is for you. If you like to play drinking games but get full off of beer easily, drink coor's light or keystone light. They are very very easy to chug.

1.35/5  rDev -33.8%

Ahh Coors Light, a perennial favorite of college kids across the country. Opened the fridge today to find only coors light, my room mates favorite. Figured I have nothing better to do, so might as well throw my two cents on this beer.

A: Served from a can, and let me tell ya, I got a kick out of the can. It has 2 bars at the bottom, to tell me not only when my beer is cold, but when its super cold, what ever the hell super cold is, also advertises its wide mouth, and a vent off the mouth that supposedly helps pouring. Its kind of like miller lite with its vortex neck, if your beer tastes like swill you have to throw in some gimmicks. I talk of the can, cause there's nothing to good to talk about the beer's appearance. The head disappeared almost immediately, no lacing, and overly bubbly. Also a very pale yellow, almost like someone poured water into a real beer.

S: As weak as a beer can smell, a corn smell was the only note I could really detect, if there were hops, I certainly couldn't smell them.

T: Debatably the weakest beer I've ever tasted, with bud light only competing with it in that field. There is a slight bready taste, buts it's fleeting. They like to advertise coors light as refreshing, and they're right, water is refreshing.

M: Very thin, and I'm not liking how carbonated it is.

O: One of the worst beers on the market, and mystifyingly one of the most popular beers out there. There is simply no excuse to buy this beer unless your a high school or college kid who needs some beer for quaters or beer pong. No self respecting beer lover should be caught dead purchasing this swill

1.35/5  rDev -33.8%

There is no reason to describe this beer. This beer should only be consumed from a 30 pack, and only because it is the lesser of the 30 pack evils. Sometimes I would rather NO BEER than this beer, and that is saying something. Stay away unless the only purpose is to put alcohol in the system, and even then, think twice.

1.35/5  rDev -33.8%

Right out of the can at the Wells Fargo Center in Philly watching the Flyers in a luxury box. I was in between a rock and a hard place with only this or Corona extra in cans to choose from, (un)luckly it was all you could handle.

I was sitting with too many NY Ranger fans for my liking so I decided to lubricate in case I had to defend my lady's honor.

Piss yellow, small head with no retention. Burnt corn in the nose. Watery taste with light cracker sweetness, light bitterness, almost no hop flavor. Ligh mouth. 6 down the hatch and nary much of a buzz and my team got their ass handed to them. Buzz kill.

1.35/5  rDev -33.8%

Well I am surprised that I have not posed a review of Coors Light before but I guess I am bored tonight. Had a few today while out at a dive bar with some friends watching the Dolphins/49’rs game. Bad beer, bad game! Brew pours to a very pale yellow clear color with a good sized white head that just disappears leaving no lacing. The aroma is bland, nothing exciting going on here. Basic malt aroma that is hard to notice, hop aroma . . . yeah right! The taste is very bland as well and what flavor it does have is not overly enjoyable. Beyond that, there is not much else to write about on this beer.

1.35/5  rDev -33.8%

Silver bullet can poured into a mug.

Bright yellow with no head at all.

Not very much there. Faint hops I think but not much of anything else.

Sweet. Very sweet. I didn't think an all malt thing could taste like this. Carbonation throughout. Hops follow the sweetness. Metal tastes are very present in the finish and grows when the beer warms up.

Honestly what is the point to this. I don't know why light beers get treated this way.

1.35/5  rDev -33.8%

This is another beer that I got a local bar for only a $1 draft. It came to me in a standard 12oz. pint and wasn't too cold either.

When it came to me it was a pale yellow color with a small head of foam and that dissipated fast into nothing. There was even a lack of carbonation bubbles through out the pint glass. Smell? I wish. I didn't get any aroma whatsoever. Sometimes I caught just a little whiff of malt. The taste and mouthfeel were all the same, light and watery. Maybe not the same, the taste was kind of grainy. I could see paying a dollar for this on draft, if there was nothing else around.

1.35/5  rDev -33.8%

On-tap at Zubie's in Huntington Beach, CA, bummed some off of my softball teammates, since it was free for me,

A: Pours a pale, insipid yellow, really no head to speak of, coming out of the tap, there were just a smattering of bubbles.

S: No smell, smells like water, if I was being nice, I would say it has a slight hint of malt and corn.

T: Pretty tasteless, a bit of malt and corn, no hops to speak of, carbonated water is the major taste.

M: Watery, light, seltzery.

D: Fine for a light beer, its tasteless nature makes it easy to drink or pound, but not something I would order regularly. Editing again after trying a bottle, it just got so boring I left it half full.

1.33/5  rDev -34.8%

Coors Light- The Silver Bullet?! This could kill even a werewolf!!

Coors Light is the women's beer of choice here in NJ. And that's a shame! Actually its the men's choice in Ocean County!

Coors Light has a pale yellow appearance with a soapy white head that disappated very quickly.
The smell was sweet & stale actually it was very repugnant!
The taste was very weak, very little hops or anything else of that matter. Well, anything that is good. The natural taste is of skunked piss. Don't mean to be harsh but there is no other way to describe the flavor!

I didn't want to review such crappy beers but I feel it's my duty to report the bad beers along with the good ones. Coors Light is definitely the Worst one!

1.33/5  rDev -34.8%

Thanks, but do you have any other beer? How about water instead? Coca-cola? Anything, a diet ginger ale, yesterday's coffee or a used tea bag and some hot water? Anything?

Anything else at all?

Well, if it's Coors light or nothing and you're thirsty enough...it's wet. Sort of. More or less.

Credit where credit is due, I like their ads during the football game, hey, who doesn't like those twins? But this tasteless beer is a waste of time and money. No taste, no smell, no point to it, just expensive water and you can buy better bottled water, cheaper. A bad macrolight, useful only for putting out fires in ashtrays.

1.33/5  rDev -34.8%

Coors Original is the most passable of all American mass-marketed macrobrews. But the light beer from the same brewery is a poor excuse for a drink.

Very pale, fizzy, it looks like lemonade, has a vague vegetable smell (if you're nosy enough to feel it) and practically no taste. I'm amused to call this absent taste 'awful', but on the other hand I can't give it more than 1 of 5. Aftertaste? Forget about it.

Another no-beer from the States. What a waste!

1.33/5  rDev -34.8%

It had been a long time since I tried a Coors Light. At a friends cookout last week I had one side by side with a PBR and couldn't believe just how tasteless it was. I had to get one to review.

Pours a mixture of pee-yellow and light-puke-green. Small white head at least that turns to a thin ring pretty quickly. Lots of carbonation bubbles.

Smell is...nothing? Literally nothing except the slightest of cereal grain. A blind smell test next to water would be hard to differentiate.

Taste isn't much different. Usual watered down cereal grain, watered down bread taste, but mostly lots and lots of water.

I will never be sure why someone would bother drinking this. Taste is not bad necessarily but it's SO watery and flavorless it's amazing that it's even beer. In that aspect it's been a while since a beer has amazed me this much.

1.33/5  rDev -34.8%

This is worst than regular Coors. Regular Coors tasted like Panther Piss, but this is watered down Delta water that was filtered through a funnel of potable water. How could anyone drink this? Taste buds must be shot to hell!

1.33/5  rDev -34.8%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

Poured from a pitcher into a Pilsner.
A: pale yellow, little head, I suppose it would be disrespectful to say it was time to clean the fish tank.
S: undetectable, faint aroma
T: a bit unpleasant, mild, uninteresting
M: thin, slight carbonation
O: unpleasant, a bit nasty, not so bad after a few sips, I would drink this on a hot day if I was thirsty

1.32/5  rDev -35.3%

This beer is completely clear, nearly colorless, and has no head. Not appealing at all.

Slight pilsner malt aroma. Not much else to say here.

Almost no flavor. Extremely slight grainy, bready flavor. The flavor that actually is there is not terrible. It's just really hard to detect.

Bad, bad mouthfeel. Over carbonated, watery, and just empty.

This is a typical American light lager. One of the lightest I've had. Really close to carbonated water.

1.32/5  rDev -35.3%

It is dollar domestic night at my local bar and after a Budweiser I realize I've never rated a Coors Light. So I will remedy that. Unfortunately, the Coors Light falls far short of the Budweiser, and it's not like Bud is world class.

No head at all in this draft beer. See through yellow macro brew appearance. Smell is nonexistant, which is better than the taste, as it turns out.

This is a truly awful beer. The biggest flavors are like metal and cleaning solution. Mouthfeel is watery and unexciting.

Drank a lot of this in high school, glad I don't drink it that often anymore.

1.32/5  rDev -35.3%

This is an example of where good things go wrong and where people with lots of money and psychotic political affiliations can really do some crappy stuff. I mean really. I'd be hard pressed to be convinced that they buy nothing but the best mass quantity adjuncts for this not being sold on the spot market. there's got to be some sort of good quality to this, but I have no idea what it'd be.

1.32/5  rDev -35.3%

Dry mouth. Parched palate. My throat seeks succor and salvation in any kind of beverage...here's a can handy. I'll down it, whatever it is...couldn't hurt..?

Pale, just slightly yellow coloring, bordering on white, with a head that starts white and full but dies in seconds flat.

Sweet corn in the nose, but flat and empty beyond...mostly, I smell "wet"...so, I'm guessing this is sweetened water?

Taste: let me amend that: SPOILED water. Sweetness, which might stand in for taste, is missing and so is any other kind of flavor. Flat. Decrepit. Utterly innocuous, and deeply disappointing. For those uninterested in flavor, and eager to accept into their systems a weak, watery alcohol delivery system.

Really, no appeal is found inside this can...yuk! As far from beer as I can imagine...how does anyone actually enjoy this?
Light, yes, but each gulp resounds with vapidity. There's so little here it can't escape from it's flaws, and can only be tolerated by those who can't imagine anything else, with character, taste, texture, or any of those other extra amenities.

My insides have been moistened, yes, but my soul aches from the cheap, lifeless atrocity of this mistake of a beer. Worse, it's actually an abuse of water.

No wonder they refer so frequently to the cold taste on the label of this can and in the advertising, for there isn't any other "taste" inside that they boast of...wait, "cold" isn't a taste...

(Drinkability gets a "1" because if I ever wanted more than one of these, you may as well take me out and shoot me!)

1.3/5  rDev -36.3%

A - Pale yellow, fizzy, and lacks luster.

S - Almost none.

T - Taste is pure water, with a minute amount of malt.

M - Way too filling for light beer.

D - Almost couldn't get the 12 oz. down.

Much better choices, for less money, or equal, avoid this one.

1.3/5  rDev -36.3%

Good God is this a beer...they should rename this crap
I'm not one to hack on macro's as you'll see by my reviews of budweiser and stella...some macro's can at least hit a demo'....budwieser is good session beer but this is crap trying to be something its not...the flavor that comes out is wheat/burnt seeds/and massive forced carbonation. not for me at any time.

Coors Light from Coors Brewing Company