Hello, is it beer you're looking for?

Coors Light - Coors Brewing Company

Coors LightCoors Light

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Coors Light Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,210 | Hads: 4,698
3.65/5  rDev +78.9%

Classic, cheap beer. One of the best party brews. Very drinkable and smooth. Is bitter at times, and is not consistent in its batches. I have multiple times, had skunked beers in the same case as decent coors.

Best way to drink the beer is on tap or keg. Not a beer for those who actually enjoy beer. Best if drank with country music, friends, and a fishing pole.

3.65/5  rDev +78.9%

i think coors light is one of the better light macro beers out there so i am judging this purely on the category it's in. when i'm out with the boys on a saturday night and i've had quite a few 'good' beers, i am definately reaching for a few of these to finish the night.

look: 5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 5 | overall: 3.25

Great beer year round. Everything about this beer is refreshing to me. The look, taste, feel, and smell. Very bad if it's not extremely cold because I would say there's not much taste but when you need something to quench your thirst this would be it.

3.57/5  rDev +75%

Poured from a 12oz can

This beer pours a clear pale yellow with a large head. This head vanishes quickly however, leaving very little lace

Slightly skunky with light malts and something else probably or a corn or rice addative

Extremely sweet malts with very little hop charecter

Light bodied with high carbonation

This beer is extremely drinkable, light bodied and sweet goes down like gingerale

this is without a doubt my favorite light beer, i dont really drink light beer so that isn't saying much but if i'm looking to play a bunch of drinking games with is what i would go with every time

3.55/5  rDev +74%

OK I'm not going to B.S. you,it's not a beer rich in flavor nor does it have great head but by no means is it disgusting.It is what it is a light macro beer.It's not something you will go out of your way to buy but on a hot summer day it tastes real good.

3.54/5  rDev +73.5%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3.5

I thoroughly enjoy this beer. In fact, on the weekends this is among my top 3 choices. Its a very flavorful beer that although may be very overpowering for some enthusiasts because its not a very grainy flavor, it is very enjoyable to drink as a 'fun' beer. The silver bullet can is well done as well. The can is tall and thin which makes it nice to hold and the silver with the mountains gives it a cool and chilled look.

3.54/5  rDev +73.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Coors Light I give credit for two things it seems to get colder than any other beer and it is about only choice to when losing weight without drinking super low calorie water beers. Miller Lite sucks so bad it makes Coors Light seem elite in this category of light beers.

3.52/5  rDev +72.5%

I hate rating products like this, but I do it occasionally because I feel it is neccessary. So many people rate macros and trash them. I think that's rediculous. What? That Miller Lite doen't have any stewed plums or raisins in the smell? It's piss yellow?! You don't say? No shit it doesn't have the attributes of a 90 minute IPA or a fine crafted Tripel or Quadruppel. It isn't supposed to. These are different products marketed toward a different crowd of folks. In the way of macros, I think Coors Lt. is easily one of the the best. It LOOKS thirst quenching. Anyone ever looked at a 8.0%abv porter or stout and thought, "That''ll quench my thirst".? Hell no. Coors light looks appealing when it's hotter than 400 hells and you can chug gallons of it. It isn't gonna win any contests, but it's cheap, thirst quenching, and suits the purpose it was meant for.

3.5/5  rDev +71.6%

This is one of my favorite Its the most drinkable one out of all the American light beers. This beer tastes much better out of the tap than the bottle or can. The thing that stands out most is the great taste,and the thing that I dislike the most is there is no smell and the color is similar to water. Overall a very good beer and I recommend this beer on a hot day while watching a baseball game.

3.5/5  rDev +71.6%

This review is for the Molson Brewed variety, not the watered down American stuff.

Ok, this beer isn't going to win any awards for quality or taste, but for whatever reason I sure do love this light beer.

Colour is very light and golden.

Smell is very faint, and sweet.

Taste is a little bland, but sweet. No aftertaste.

Lots of carbonation.

This beer is best served very cold. It goes down crisp and clean.

Will drink this beer frequently throughout the year.

3.5/5  rDev +71.6%
look: 1.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

First thing is first, let's talk about the 12 oz. can that this beer is being poured from. I know that the beer inside it is "SUPER COLD" because not only are the mountains blue but both the "COLD" and "SUPER COLD" labels are also blue. Coors calls this "2 STAGE COLD ACTIVATION." So now that I know that the beer inside is "SUPER COLD", what about its frostiness? Coors has me covered there with this can's "FROST BREW LINER." OK, all of that is well and good, but pouring it out of the can could be an issue! I should learn to calm down because once again Coors has thought of that and given my can "WIDE MOUTH" with not one, but two vents! Finally, I know that this beer is going to be not just a world class light lager but also refreshing because it's coming from "THE WORLD'S MOST REFRESHING CAN."

Note to Coors - It's time to move on to a new marketing strategy.

A: Pour results in a less-than-one-finger head that immediately dies to nothing. The foam looks horrible and resembles dish soap suds. Head is gone within 10 seconds. There is a partial foam ring but that's probably being generous. Beer is completely still 30 seconds after pouring. No lacing. Color is a pale yellow. Extreme clarity.

S: Well, it certainly does smell like the beer that it's based off of. Toasted and sweet graininess. Metallic. There is a slight note of floral hops. A cooked-vegetables smell is the only negative that I notice.

T: Sweet and malty. Toasted. Slightly metallic. If it isn't "SUPER COLD" there is much more taste than I would expect in a macro light beer. If left in your mouth for too long there is an "aspirin" taste that becomes apparent, and some very diluted grape wine flavors. A few seconds after swallowing there is no trace that you just consumed some beer.

M: Highly carbonated. The carbonation approaches Champagne levels from a soft pour, and I don't think that's a bad thing for this style. Thickness compares to water. Finishes with a lingering drying effect on the tongue that begs you to take another sip.

O: Of the BMC light beers Coors Light might be the best. It's very approachable with the sweetness and toasted flavors that it has. After my palate has a chance to adjust to the style I find much more taste and depth in this beer than other American lights.

The question now is should you pay a premium price for Coors Light, or just buy Keystone Light???

3.5/5  rDev +71.6%

A lot of people on here are going to hate on this beer, but for me I like Coors light for what it is. It does not try to be different or interesting in anyway, But if I'm going to drink a wheelbarrow of it like god intended its the best for that in my opinion. So on to its taste, This is the hardest part for me it taste like water with beer flavoring, kind of like beef flavored Ramen, tastes nothing like beef but has a hind of beef flavor to it. But at the same time I have no idea why I like or keep buying maybe its the marketing, maybe its the fact that I've drank so much Pabst at this point that if I drink anymore I'll go into shock and start foaming from the mouth. but most of all its the best of the worst in my mind, bud is for Necks and southerners, and miller, I have no idea who drinks that shit other then hipsters. But for the rest of us at a sporting event or really anywhere that you need to drink 5 beers in 45 mins Coors is the beer of choice. here to Coors and here's to 'Merica!!!!

3.5/5  rDev +71.6%

This is my beer of choice as far as cheap american beer goes. Lets get one thing strait. There's a huge difference in beers Referring to the saying "You get what you pay for!" If your not expecting much in the way of taste but more for fill then Coors Light fits the bill. It has a good taste and no after taste. Though a little watery tasting if your looking for some thing light this is it as far as I am concerned. Clearly though when separating men from boys in beer sense Coors Light is still a boy.

3.49/5  rDev +71.1%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

My favorite light beer/cheap beer. Great for bbq's and long days of drinking binges. Also good for drinking games. I definitely prefer Coors to Bud. Also, in my opinion, the best 30 pack you can buy.. i.e. Rolling Rock, Miller, Bud, Natty, Keystone, etc. Well priced and always reliable: the World's Most Refreshing Beer (The Silver Bullet)! Good for wizard staffing too because the cans are generally taller/thinner then the average can, so you can become a wise wizard faster! (stack cans until it's as tall as you, and you have become the wise wizard).

3.46/5  rDev +69.6%

I had this beer so many times and never caught a buzz except for walking funny like a stereotypical gay guy you'd see on TV.

A: Its beer. Thats all I can say.

S: Everything a beer should smell like. Hops,alcohol,barley,and yeast.

T: Light and very crisp. I actually said "ahhh: after the first couple of sips.

M: Crisp, refreshing, light and a bit of carbonation.

D: Its decent. Dont expect to get a "head buzz" type of drunk though. Its ideal for a cook out where you will be eating and drinking a lot but don't wanna vomit. The beer is that nice and light. Also refreshing after a long day. I wouldnt recommend buying it unless you are outdoors a lot.

3.45/5  rDev +69.1%

One of my least favorite light beers. If i am going for a light beer I rather have a Bud Light, Miller lite or Tecate Light. Coors is not bad though. I get a Metallic taste. Corny and watery. Smooth finish. Easy drinking. Nothing special here.

3.45/5  rDev +69.1%

a good light beer, it is refreshing and it has some flavor as opposed to bud light which america seems to be in love with for some reason. light beer is not my choice of beer but if im at a party or sitting around with a group of friends this is usually what we buy and its not bad at all. this beer was not created to be awesome like newcastle but it is supposed to be easy to drink, so i dont think it deserves all the low ratings. and you can slam about a hundred of these without feeling full :)

3.41/5  rDev +67.2%

I grew up on this beer. It is my favorite of all the Lights. Of course, most people want to trash any of the light beers, but as a Yooper, they all hold a special meaning. There aren't any special characteristics other than it's a GOOD beer. Whether you're ice-fishing, playing bar-league softball, golfing, or grilling out...it always refreshes and produces!

3.41/5  rDev +67.2%

Good olde silver bullet! Now when I come to think of it im not the biggest light beer fan but I can always go back for this great brew.

One of the best brews to abuse when I was younger. Has the standerd color but the smell was something differnt , of corse in cans/bottle's always good; but when I had this on tap had a differnt taste(more abv and pine/gin smell) same for taste smooth and refreshing.

Of corse this is by far the very BEST cheapest/light/american/bar beer out the, and I still to this day buy 18 packs.... (when Im poor)

But yes great beer , always a good one!

3.4/5  rDev +66.7%

Coors Light isn't getting much love from BA. It isn't an elite beer, but it isn't a bad choice if you want to have a few ice cold, refreshing beers. It's also a very affordable option if you're low on cash, a better choice than the other cheap light beers. Don't be afraid to take a ride on the Silver Bullet.

3.38/5  rDev +65.7%

On first sip I taste the pure a natural taste of The Rockies.. This is great!... Cold, refreshing, tastes great. As I continue to drink I think I understated my first statement and blasphemed the true king of light beers. Seriously though it's a good light beer for what it is.

3.36/5  rDev +64.7%

I got a tall boy of this at Baconfest 2011 because it was either this or something worse. It's not bad for the style.
It's the typical lager gold color. The aroma has a bit of wheat and not much else. The taste, light wheat and corn, but not much of them. It goes down super easy and finishes clean. The body is typical for the style. For a light lager it's decent but for the typical beer geek there's plenty of brews out there that would be more satisfying. In short, it's light and thin, but clean.

3.35/5  rDev +64.2%

Not much to say about this one. Others have covered the details quite well, I just wanted to mention one thing about it. It's a typical American light beer, with one really annoying quirk.

It's just terribly inconsistent. Within the same 12 pack of bottles I noticed that most were typical "watery" American light lagers, but there were a few bottles that were much, much more hoppy than the rest, bordering on a pale ale flavor, and then there were a few bottles that had no trace of hops whatsoever, but were extremely malty... Very sweet and "bread-like"....

None of them were "bad", but I find it a bit troublesome that within a 12 pack of what is supposed to be the same thing, I found 3 very distinct tasting beers.

Sadly, this is not a one time event. This is my non-beer-drinking wife's favorite beer, so we tend to cycle a fair amount of Coors Light through the house.... I've been noticing this pattern with Coors Light at least for the past 5 years, in both bottles and cans.

3.34/5  rDev +63.7%

Appearance: 1 inch head, high carbonation, straw yellow in color, clear

Smell: grass, bitter hops, some skunkiness

Taste: light grain, grass, small hops

Mouthfeel: sweetish start with a slightly bitter end, high carbonation, super light body

Drinkability: For the style this is fairly good. I was surprised with how drinkable this is. There are other styles I would reach for first, but if I wanted a light lager, I could session these. Although watery, it seems like a good beer for outdoor work.

3.34/5  rDev +63.7%

Poured from 12oz bottle into pint glass while it's SUPER COLD!! THANKS COACH!

A- It looks really pale with a tiny white bubbly head that dissappears quickly

S- it smells a lot better than the miller light I just had. Some corn scents but also smells sweeter than most "lower class" beers

T- Hmmm I'm very surprised. It's significantly better than bud and miller lights. Sweet taste of corn but not really terrible

M- Feels like drinkin a fountain soda

O- For what beers this is compared too this is amazing! But to compare this to other beers isn't fair as it sucks in that regard. That being said, I'm going to compare this to Bud and Miller and give it a thumbs up

Coors Light from Coors Brewing Company