Join our email list →

Coors Brewing Company
Colorado, United States | website

Light Lager | 4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Coors Light Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,226 | Hads: 4,800

Not sure why people still purchase beer like this. I can make it myself a lot cheaper by soaking a slice of bread in a glass of tap-water until it dissolves then adding a splash of moonshine to give it that alcohol.

The flavor would be just about the same....except maybe a little better if you used fresh bread. Coors "liquid dinner rolls" light definitely tastes like the bread they soaked in their Rocky Mountain water was stale.

This used to be "the beer"! A favorite hang-out in a previous life offered this on draft in big ol' mugs, bottomless, for $10. Used it drink it like it was going out of style. Now, I just cannot get past the "corn" aftertaste I get now in botles. Maybe it's not there in draft, I don't recall, nevertheless, I'll always have the memories that came along with the "Silver Bullet"!

1.91/5  rDev -6.4%
look: 1.75 | smell: 2 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

My Dad drinks Coors Light so I have occasionally had one. What it reminds me of is... popcorn. :-) I know that's strange, but if you soaked lightly buttered popcorn in some slightly fizzy water and added a bit of alcohol, it would probably taste similar to Coors Light. It's not entirely revolting but it sure isn't beer and nothing I would drink by choice.

1.8/5  rDev -11.8%

If your goal is to get slammed watching football, this beer isn't bad. It's easy to drink enough of them to get so drunk you don't remember who won the game you were watching. In any other capacity, I would never go near this "beer"

1.66/5  rDev -18.6%

This is damn near water. Has that light piss yellow coloring. Head reduces into a small cap. This is a mildly carbonated beer that when prodded, will produce a steady stream of bubbles. Can taste metal along with hops, but they lose their place.

2.84/5  rDev +39.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

12 oz. on tap in a chilled mug at Ruby Tuesday in Westbrook, Maine, watching the Patriots eat it against the Dolphins.

Appearance: Whiz. You know what this looks like.

Aroma: Smells like blah light beer. I want to say "smells like the urinal at a NASCAR event" but it's mostly inoffensive.

Taste: Very neutral. Slightly sweet, a little corny. Just not much there.

Mouthfeel: Resembles water. This particular glass is barely showing carbonation.

Overall: You have to give these kind of beers a puncher's chance, because they're not intended to be flavorful - they're intended to be consumed with junk food while you watch sports. All that said, it's bad. But even with that said, of the "big three" light crap beers, it's probably the best, because it's the least offensive.

1.18/5  rDev -42.2%

The worst of the light beers. Looks like your average American Adjunct Lager. The smell consists of an obnoxious corny yeasty aroma. Not particularly pleasant. The taste follows the nose. Not particularly enjoyable, especially as it warms up. Mouthfeel isn't as light as I'd like, but maybe because I was choking it down each sip. Overall, this is fucking terrible.

1.35/5  rDev -33.8%

I've tried bad beers and this is the worst. I get stuck having to buy this because my parents are old school and think this all people drink and apparently its true. Im guilty and have tried these things, but just dont bother. how does a light beer with no taste go down so horribly. You get stomach irritation within a few minutes of drinking. Taste like stale water with stale corn notes and smells horrible. This is beer is a Fu**ing ***hole

1.48/5  rDev -27.5%

Look: Very light gold color almost as clear as water, white head that disappears quickly

Smell: Some fruity Apple smells, little bit of corn and grain, but not much

Taste: light fruit flavors, a little grain, but very little flavor

Feel: Super light body, very crisp

2.88/5  rDev +41.2%
look: 2.75 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3

Yeah. Super easy to rip on the adjuncts but I prefer to compare them to one another. An ice cold coors light on a warm day is delicious in ways that your Purple Cooter Black IPA Nitro aged in Bourbon Barrels can't touch. There is a time and a place for these beers and when that time reveals itself, I will request a CL. There is a carbonated burst that hits the back of your throat that sets this beer apart from the beers that generally don't set themselves apart. I also appreciate that there is no wino aftertaste like Budweiser products.

1.97/5  rDev -3.4%

This is the first light beer I've rated so far. And all I can really say is that yes, it is light. It's not gross or anything (there's no need to be so dramatic about these light lagers) but there really just isn't much here to offer besides for the being drinkable factor.

1.54/5  rDev -24.5%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

The only thing going for this beer is that it tastes slightly better than I thought it would. I made a point to try a bunch of ridiculously famous beers in the U.S. about a year - meaning the light beers that get Super Bowl commercial time. This one disappointed on almost every level, I'm sad to say. It's far too light, no real flavor, and goes down like water.

1.86/5  rDev -8.8%

Coors Light pours a straw color with a quickly dissipating head. A sweet corn aroma. The taste is very syrupy, corn filled, and sugary sweet. Flat body and very flat flavors. Overall, its sweet, sugary and flat.

1.56/5  rDev -23.5%

Well this was a two dollars well spent. I make fun of my friend for drinking this, but never tried it until today, and let me tell you how much I don't care for it. Just to be sure, it's got a few months left on its best by date.
I poured this beer into a beer drinking glass from a can. It pours a straw yellow with a decent foam head if poured aggressively that dissipates quickly enough.
Smells like water "beer". Nothing special to note, smells kinda gross.
Tastes as gross as it smells. I mean, when I took my first few sips I thought it was okay. Like ya know, "decent crisp light beer on a cold rainy halloween" but the farther I get into the glass, and soon my can, it just gets worse. What am I tasting? Grains maybe? But it's mostly water and some nasty beer-like taste.
It feels like a normal beer though, not too overly or underly carbonated, drinks easy, but the taste makes it hard.

Overall, I was right to make fun of my friend for drinking this. But I guess taste IS subjective and if him and/or his family likes it that's cool. I could drink it if offered, but I won't purchase/drink this willingly again.

2.21/5  rDev +8.3%

It has its place in the American beer lovers repertoire Very watery, tons of effervescence, struggles to maintain any sort of head upon pouring. Great for beer pong, chugging, or cooling off after spending a day in the yard.

2.79/5  rDev +36.8%

Pours a light golden color with very little head. Very carbonated and actually a little bit of lacing. Has that faint beer smell. Initial taste is typical of most macro-brews, very watered down and a hint of beer taste. Aftertaste is surprisingly sweet and crisp. This is my favorite of the macro-brews because it has descent flavor. I keep this in the garage fridge for when I'm mowing the yard and just need something to cool me off and don't want the full weight of a REAL beer.

1.84/5  rDev -9.8%

I got to drink this gem this past weekend at a wedding reception that featured deluxe draft beer options such as this and Miller lite. I couldnt contain my excitement so I ordered a coors light and it was served to me ice cold in a pub style glass. So lavish with its ultra light pale color and streaming bubbles of carbonation that struggle to formulate anything resembling a head.

This honestly didnt smell like anything and the taste was similar. Mild corn-like sweetness, bubbly seltzer and crisp, coldness that tries to numb your tongue and slide effortlessly into your gullet.

This was an amazing nostalgic experience. Upon first sip, I was immediately transported back 20 years to sitting in my parents living room watching the verdict of the OJ Simpson trial unfold. Holy shit, that was 20 years ago...and I was like 13. But whatever, that was the last time I drank this beer until reliving the dream again this weekend. No wonder I havent had it in so long, its pointless watery garbage.

1.75/5  rDev -14.2%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

Bought a the Lake Wales ABC from their clearance cart for $1.00. Honestly, the only reason I got it was because I'd never logged one before. It was pretty crappy...better than Bud Light, but that ain't sayin' much.

2.82/5  rDev +38.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

While definitely not the best beer in the world. This beer is great for really throwing back. People that hate on this beer should realize that while its not great it is much better than attempting to throw back any craft brew. Really a bang for your buck, and a staple at college parties.

Well, of all the national distributed lagers, this one is probably my favorite. Bear in mind that is like saying you're the skinniest kid at fat camp. It drinks the easiest when washing down some brats at a tailgate, but I had to rate it since I have literally dranks 100's of these throughout my college days.

2.71/5  rDev +32.8%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Pale yellow in color with a fingernail of eggshell white around the rim. I smell faint aroma of corn and Hallertau hops. I taste just what I smelled, a basic blend of corn and Hallertau hops. The mouth was light and crisp.

1.72/5  rDev -15.7%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

I'd rate the head, once I find it. Pretty much the same with the smell, some hint of hops and grains. Taste ,yeah those corny grain tastes are kinda there, hard to tell over the overwhelming taste of water. Mouth feel, stale water. would be a 1/5 for overall rating but hey, the can's change colour, which is the coolest thing about this beer. Seriously though with no word of a lie In the past after a hard day working in the sun and went to the fridge to just a choice of this (father drinks it so some always in my fridge..) or a bottle of water, I chose the bottle of water.

2.53/5  rDev +24%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

Poured a very light golden hue with a bit of head. Smell wise I could detect a faint amount of corn. Taste was very watery a hint of corn and grains. Refreshing but Coors Banquet is better.

3.22/5  rDev +57.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 4.25

I really like this beer. Yes there are better beers but this one always finds its way into my fridge. You have to remember what you're buying, I'm not buying a Sam Adams or a Columbus IPA your buying a beer that's meant to be drank on a hot summer day. It's got decent flavor and it's a solid beer. When I get home I toss a couple of silver bullets into the freezer, have supper then pack a pipe and enjoy a couple beers after a hard days work with good beer and good tobacco.

1.19/5  rDev -41.7%

It was drinkable for as long as it was freezing cold, when it warmed up even a little I couldn't even take a sip.

It is all around a very unpleasant, tasteless beer.

Coors Light from Coors Brewing Company