2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Coors Light - Coors Brewing Company

Coors LightCoors Light

awful

awful

rAvg: 2

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Coors Light Alström Bros
Ratings: 3,375 | Reviews: 1,117 | Show All Ratings:
bk3nj

mmm... "beer" or, more accurately, quasi beer-colored water. don't waste your time.

07-09-2001 11:17:02 | More by bk3nj
John

One could argue whether this should actually be referred to as beer. It's more like carbonated water.

09-25-2001 15:00:40 | More by John
xXTequila

very watery...

11-07-2001 09:37:14 | More by xXTequila
beerluvr

Ontario (Canada)

THIS IS NOT BEER!! That's right, it's beer-flavored carbonated water with minimal alcohol content, suitable for frat-boys, jocks, bennies (that's a NJ term for the "hip" Summer crowd that invades the shore every year), and other "party animals" who think this crap actually tastes good! How Coors manages to move so much of this garbage amazes me...when I used to work in a liquor store, case upon case of this over-carbonated urine would fly out of the store. There's no accounting for (bad) taste I suppose. The saying "To each his own" applies here!

12-11-2001 20:03:34 | More by beerluvr
BeerAngel

This is proof positive that advertising does pay. Why else would anyone buy this crap??? It has a very watery taste with a hint of skunk. I think Odouls is closer to being beer than this..uh...beverage...(I almost called it a beer..oops!).

12-23-2001 01:01:26 | More by BeerAngel
Reverand

I only wish that the rating were lower than 1.0!! I would rather drink tap water than this. The only reason this beer is popular is the advertising Coors does. The Silver Bullet is a complete dud.

04-19-2002 00:52:00 | More by Reverand
cokes

Wisconsin

Yuck.....had this at a buddy's b-day celebration. Just horrible. Forced to buy my own drink after having one of these.
Fake adjunct-y sweetness. No distinguishable beer traits. Faintly gold water appearance.
Why am I even bothering...mostly just because I am offended for consuming this garbage.

05-21-2002 00:15:25 | More by cokes
psugrad98

What the hell is with this beer?? Light almost waterlike color. Almost no smell. Smells like seltzer water, with a cooked veggie characteristic that transfers to the taste. Spritzy and watery with a strong sweet adjunct funk. After drinking some Munchen Helles all weekend and then drinking this, I had to dump it out. Instead of drinking this, just drink water.

06-24-2002 13:13:18 | More by psugrad98
Kwak

Coors Light not good
Almost no head at all.
The body is light, almost clear.
The taste is that of South Dakota tap water.
I used it one time at a beer tasting to cleanse my tastebudds

"I do like the nice shiney can"

11-13-2002 22:19:51 | More by Kwak
porter17

This is it! The worst beer I have ever had (not counting contaminated or spoiled beer. Though even then, it comes close). This beer is piss yellow, smells like the underside of a dirty mop and tastes...like the underside of a dirty mop...or maybe like the piss yellow color it resembles. Anyway, it is so watered down, that I can't even get a buzz off of it, wind up spending all my time in the bathroom and it makes me think that the best thing I could do for humanity is continue my quest to warn the world of the evils of the Coors brewery!

It's that bad.

01-07-2003 18:52:38 | More by porter17
francisweizen

Arizona

This is quite possible the worst beer I have ever had the privelage to partake of. This was drunk straight from the can, to save myself from the apperance! This smells like water, with some bad beer falvoring added into the mix, and it tastes the same as it smells! In fact this tastes even worse in cans than it does in bottles! This has no mouthfeel, as it is pure water, and the drinkability is low beacuse it just tastes bad. Why Bother. Hey I am young, and I am in college, but still, just quit smoking, or buy less cds and get some GOOD BEER, don't make your body drink this god awful brew!!!!
good day sirs!
F

04-30-2003 12:54:23 | More by francisweizen
beerguy101

Very pale gold color, medium head. Aroma is very slight and kind of grainy. Very little malts, nearly no hops. Very light taste, nearly no taste at all. IS it really beer? Mouthfeel is thin. Finish is clean Aftertaste is nearly neutral. Is this even beer? More like a beer flavored water.

08-07-2003 02:47:17 | More by beerguy101
theo871

Maine

Words cannot describe my utter dislike for this brew. If this were the only beer available at a party, I would rather not drink. The taste is awful, the appearance is as close to club soda as you can get, the mouthfeel is awfully sour, and drinkability next to impossible. A true macro crap beer.

02-16-2004 05:13:01 | More by theo871
JoEBoBpr

Missouri

What can i say its the worst beer i've ever had for me its the lowest of the lows and it saddens me for it to be one of the highest selling beers in the country. It pours a pale straw yellow. Tastes like water and some malt. Smells like water (nothing) and overall its just a beer made for college students.

03-08-2004 14:31:34 | More by JoEBoBpr
DaveGood

This beer can best be used in place of water when they run out of it at a beer festival. It poured a bright yellow with nearly no head at all. The aroma was pretty much non-existant. The taste followed suit and resembled carbonated water more than anything else. If I was suffering from severe dehydration, I still wouldn't have another one of these!

04-08-2004 02:20:46 | More by DaveGood
Trentonator

Kansas

When I was a child, I remember my mother ocassionally having a "red beer". I don't know if this was strictly a midwest thing, but she would mix equal parts Coors Light and tomato juice. No shit. In my youthful exuberance, I once asked her why she drank the beer with all that tomato juice. Her reply? "Because it makes the beer taste better". And from the mouth of a babe came this wisdom: "Well, if the beer tastes that bad, why don't you drink a better tasting beer?"

So begins my review of this "beer". This beer is awful. Foul. Pure fecal matter. This beer makes bong water seem appealing. I cannot say enough bad things about this awful swill foisted upon the unwashed masses with slick advertising and clever marketing . The pour is nothing but pure disappointment, no head, no lacing, and a smell reminiscent of those circular deodorant things in the pisser. Taste? A mix of Nyquil, rusty pipe water and rotten bananas. Wretched. Ghastly.

Sure, you could drink like 15 of these and not be fazed, but life is really too short to drink bad beer. BAD BEER!!! BAAAD BEER!!!!

The fact that this beer is so popular is irrefutable proof that you should never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers. God save our planet.

04-24-2004 17:41:34 | More by Trentonator
FranklinPCombs

BA tells you to always write something critically informative about a beer, so I will start with my thesis and then elaborate on it. Quite simply put, this is the worst beer I've ever tasted. It pours a terribly pale yellow with tons of rapidly receding foam head. The smell was mostly corn, as is the taste, which has so much starchy sweetness from whatever they put in it that it has actually succeeded in being the only beer that triggers my gag reflex. So why did i drink this? Because this is what gets served at house parties where people dont have lots of money and need beer to play some beiruit. Seeing as how this is the only beer that has consistently made me choke every time I drink it, I cannot give it more than a 1 for any single aspect of it. But hey, its cheap...

05-25-2004 23:28:06 | More by FranklinPCombs
tjthresh

Indiana

12 oz bottle. Poured with a big white fizzy head. I turned my back to throw away the bottle and it was gone. Very pale straw yellow and crystal clear. Very light grainy aroma and taste. The No sweetnes. No bitterness. Water thin. Livly carbonation. By far the worst of the major American Light beers.

08-22-2005 11:53:14 | More by tjthresh
edchef1850

i dont usually bother reviewing beers that i despise, i dont really see the point, but i figured i should review at least one so i knew what it felt like to totally bash a beer . Here goes. This is a bad bad beer, colorless, flavorless odorless, much like carbon monoxide, you should try and avoid it at all costs. Mcro lagers usually benefit from being extremely cold, this one almost evaporates when extremely cold, and as it warms up , well lets just say it would be better if it did evaporate. Ill never understand why this beer is so popular, never.

01-15-2006 00:15:26 | More by edchef1850
cproioi

Wow that new frost liner really works, I guess, I pour beer into a glass. However, first sip can't you taste the Rockie Montains? Well if you can your taste buds are way better then mine. The beer poured an unappealing light yellow that looks almost clear. The smell and taste where almost non-existant. The mouthfeel was light was felt like I was drinking spoiled water. I had to dump this beer because each sip made me cringe.

08-20-2006 04:25:00 | More by cproioi
notoriousdav

Colorado

Tastes like rocky mountain feces - straight from the sewers of Golden Colorado. Honestly, I can't believe Pete Coors has the balls to get on TV in the pristine Colorado mountains and pretend that this beer has anything to do with our State. He a fraud and so is this beer.

12-15-2006 01:57:49 | More by notoriousdav
BradBLR

This beer poured a very light yellow color with a white head that lasted no time at all, with very little lacing. The smell was almost no-existent except for a slight rice malt aroma.

The taste was like taking a lager and puring it about a quarter full and then filling the rest of the glass with carbonated water. The mouthfeel was a very watery over carbonated feel.

All in all not a good beer, and I would not recommend to anyone.

03-05-2007 20:25:21 | More by BradBLR
Brad007

Vermont

Pours much like any other light lager. Pours a light color with a head that doesn't last (much like the other light lagers I've tried). Aroma is somewhat weird though, hard to describe. It's somewhat sweet and the taste is much of the same. Sweet at first and then it gives away to a corny background. I couldn't ever see myself drinking this. Probably the only difference I've noticed between this and the others in the same category.

You know, when a beer is unimpressive, it's unimpressive. Period.

07-24-2007 02:50:46 | More by Brad007
KodyBrannon

I drank this beer one day during a nascar race, and It really had me questioning if i was drinking beer or water. There was no distinct smell or taste associated with this beer, I never really felt like i had a beer in my mouth, it was very watery with little carbination. after drinking 7 or 8 of these i didn't really feel like i had any beers in me at all. so I would have to say they change the name from coors light to water. becuase that's about all your drinking with this stuff.

08-28-2007 18:29:46 | More by KodyBrannon
beeritron

My brother-in-law left one at my house over the weekend, so I thought I would give it a quick review.

Pours a pale yellow color. This is a bright beer with a thin white head that diminishes quickly. A barely noticeable hop smell is apparent and, quite frankly, reminds me of a frat house after a sleezy party. There is a sour/sweet smell and taste that is associated with cheap domestic beers. A slight malty taste is there, but the adjuncts are definitely what is most prevalent. There is a minimal hop flavor that is really a waste of time. If you're not going to go for it, why bother? The head surprisingly lingers and leaves a little lacing down the glass. Lots of carbonation and a watery, thin mouthfeel give you what you would expect out of this beer. Drinkability? You may as well drink water...or pis. But it does have a label that changes color!

01-16-2008 02:05:40 | More by beeritron