Coors Light - Coors Brewing Company

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Coors Light Alström Bros
Ratings: 4,574 | Reviews: 1,323

12 oz bottle. Poured with a big white fizzy head. I turned my back to throw away the bottle and it was gone. Very pale straw yellow and crystal clear. Very light grainy aroma and taste. The No sweetnes. No bitterness. Water thin. Livly carbonation. By far the worst of the major American Light beers.

For what this beer is going for it is right on. I would imagine if you drink enough it could create some buzz but I do not see it happening. It is more like drinking water. It is your typical yellow beer. I would say this is for the every day regular non beer loving guy.

Yuck.....had this at a buddy's b-day celebration. Just horrible. Forced to buy my own drink after having one of these.
Fake adjunct-y sweetness. No distinguishable beer traits. Faintly gold water appearance.
Why am I even bothering...mostly just because I am offended for consuming this garbage.

A - Typical light - lager pisswater-yelllow. Fizzy non-head. No retention. No lace. Yuck.

S - Fruity and effervescent carbonation, but no real beer aromas. This smells only slightly better (and less rotten-fruity) that Keystone.

T - Ultra-watery corn with hints of nasty fruit overtones. Fruit has its place in lambics, pale ales, IPAs, dark Belgian ales, and many other styles, but the fruit presented here is more fruit of the loom than fruit of the vine. Foul.

M - Watery overcarbonated piss. Blech. I'm really trying to be objective, but jeez... this is bad.

D - No thank you. My Dad always talks about how Coors was the shit back in the 70's when it was only distributed west of the Mississippi. Back then, his buddies used to come back from "Mizour-Ah"with this then-unobtanium and marvel at how inferior it was to the swill that was readily available to those fortunate enough to live smack dab between the shit-beer meccas of St. Louis and Milwaukee.

I only wish that the rating were lower than 1.0!! I would rather drink tap water than this. The only reason this beer is popular is the advertising Coors does. The Silver Bullet is a complete dud.

THIS IS NOT BEER!! That's right, it's beer-flavored carbonated water with minimal alcohol content, suitable for frat-boys, jocks, bennies (that's a NJ term for the "hip" Summer crowd that invades the shore every year), and other "party animals" who think this crap actually tastes good! How Coors manages to move so much of this garbage amazes me...when I used to work in a liquor store, case upon case of this over-carbonated urine would fly out of the store. There's no accounting for (bad) taste I suppose. The saying "To each his own" applies here!

this is the worst beer product I have ever tasted . This is like beer flavored water . when I open a cooler at a party and see nothing but coors lite I get in my car and go buy real beer. don't understand the mindset of people who drink this shit.

appearance - looks like water with yellow coloring

smell- no discernible smell

taste- horrible

mouthfeel- watery

overall- complete waste of money spend a couple of more bucks and get something that tastes
like beer.

people that drink this shit are clueless.

When I was a child, I remember my mother ocassionally having a "red beer". I don't know if this was strictly a midwest thing, but she would mix equal parts Coors Light and tomato juice. No shit. In my youthful exuberance, I once asked her why she drank the beer with all that tomato juice. Her reply? "Because it makes the beer taste better". And from the mouth of a babe came this wisdom: "Well, if the beer tastes that bad, why don't you drink a better tasting beer?"

So begins my review of this "beer". This beer is awful. Foul. Pure fecal matter. This beer makes bong water seem appealing. I cannot say enough bad things about this awful swill foisted upon the unwashed masses with slick advertising and clever marketing . The pour is nothing but pure disappointment, no head, no lacing, and a smell reminiscent of those circular deodorant things in the pisser. Taste? A mix of Nyquil, rusty pipe water and rotten bananas. Wretched. Ghastly.

Sure, you could drink like 15 of these and not be fazed, but life is really too short to drink bad beer. BAD BEER!!! BAAAD BEER!!!!

The fact that this beer is so popular is irrefutable proof that you should never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers. God save our planet.

Therer was some leftover Coors Light from when my friend was over who drinks it. I decided I would review it.

Appearance- pale yellow color, no head

Smell- adjunct grains

Taste- very faint flavor, little bit of adjunct grains

Mouthfeel- very light bodied

Drinkability- This beer is horrible. Avoid it at all costs.

Poured this 12 oz can straight into my mouth via wide mouth opening. Skipped pouring into my trusty beer glass because I did not want to degrade the integrity of the poor thing. Wide mouth opening was ideal for this beer because it goes straight and fast down my mouth, into the bladder, and out the hatch, not giving me enough time to realize that I'm drinking what really could be Piss Water.

Characteristics: Watery, Bubbly, almost like club soda but with a little puke flavoring.

Appearance: Really, like piss.

This isn't beer! Foam flavored water!

what a horrible beer if you could even call it that. color is a yellow urine color, head doesnt last after pouring but a few seconds, the smell is something between sugar and cat piss, and the taste is like beer flavored water. all in all, i give it a 1 on the scoring because they dont give you a choice of 0, i wouldnt reccomend this beer to anyone.

Quite honestly, this is the worst beer on the planet. The only redeeming quality is the fact that it does have alcohol in it, but you'd be better served to add a few drops of vodka to a bottle of Perrier. This beer will always be popular because of its marketing and sponsorships, but my god...

This beer poured a very light yellow color with a white head that lasted no time at all, with very little lacing. The smell was almost no-existent except for a slight rice malt aroma.

The taste was like taking a lager and puring it about a quarter full and then filling the rest of the glass with carbonated water. The mouthfeel was a very watery over carbonated feel.

All in all not a good beer, and I would not recommend to anyone.

Nice water taste .

This beer isn't worth rating properly. this beer is repugnant. Even if i wanted to get hammered and all that was around was Coors light. I'd make the trip and spend the money to avoid it. I've even paid 5 dollars extra a beer at Gillette stadium to avoid this stuff.

This beer can best be used in place of water when they run out of it at a beer festival. It poured a bright yellow with nearly no head at all. The aroma was pretty much non-existant. The taste followed suit and resembled carbonated water more than anything else. If I was suffering from severe dehydration, I still wouldn't have another one of these!

Cold Activated Can and Vented Wide Mouth do nothing to help this beer. One finger head sounded like soda pop and evaporated in seconds. Straw color resembles a 3 on the SRM beer color chart. Smell is that of wet corn and straw. Taste like corn, rice and sweet malt, but has a mold flavor. Mouthfeel is that of fizzy water. This beer is cheep, and there is a reason for it. I think I will pass on any more of this, unless there is nothing else and I am already drunk and thirsty...really thirsty.

If I arched my own urine stream into my mouth it would be more pleasant than this "beer". That is all.

Worst of the big 3. This was leftover camping beer someone else brought. It as almost a drain poor, but I can't bring myself to waste beer.

mmm... "beer" or, more accurately, quasi beer-colored water. don't waste your time.

very watery...

My brother-in-law left one at my house over the weekend, so I thought I would give it a quick review.

Pours a pale yellow color. This is a bright beer with a thin white head that diminishes quickly. A barely noticeable hop smell is apparent and, quite frankly, reminds me of a frat house after a sleezy party. There is a sour/sweet smell and taste that is associated with cheap domestic beers. A slight malty taste is there, but the adjuncts are definitely what is most prevalent. There is a minimal hop flavor that is really a waste of time. If you're not going to go for it, why bother? The head surprisingly lingers and leaves a little lacing down the glass. Lots of carbonation and a watery, thin mouthfeel give you what you would expect out of this beer. Drinkability? You may as well drink water...or pis. But it does have a label that changes color!

Drank for the untappd badge

this stuff was fantastic when i was in high school

Coors Light from Coors Brewing Company