Coors Light - Coors Brewing Company

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Coors Light Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,195 | Hads: 4,599

12 oz bottle. Poured with a big white fizzy head. I turned my back to throw away the bottle and it was gone. Very pale straw yellow and crystal clear. Very light grainy aroma and taste. The No sweetnes. No bitterness. Water thin. Livly carbonation. By far the worst of the major American Light beers. (300 characters)

For what this beer is going for it is right on. I would imagine if you drink enough it could create some buzz but I do not see it happening. It is more like drinking water. It is your typical yellow beer. I would say this is for the every day regular non beer loving guy. (271 characters)

Yuck.....had this at a buddy's b-day celebration. Just horrible. Forced to buy my own drink after having one of these.
Fake adjunct-y sweetness. No distinguishable beer traits. Faintly gold water appearance.
Why am I even bothering...mostly just because I am offended for consuming this garbage. (301 characters)

A - Typical light - lager pisswater-yelllow. Fizzy non-head. No retention. No lace. Yuck.

S - Fruity and effervescent carbonation, but no real beer aromas. This smells only slightly better (and less rotten-fruity) that Keystone.

T - Ultra-watery corn with hints of nasty fruit overtones. Fruit has its place in lambics, pale ales, IPAs, dark Belgian ales, and many other styles, but the fruit presented here is more fruit of the loom than fruit of the vine. Foul.

M - Watery overcarbonated piss. Blech. I'm really trying to be objective, but jeez... this is bad.

D - No thank you. My Dad always talks about how Coors was the shit back in the 70's when it was only distributed west of the Mississippi. Back then, his buddies used to come back from "Mizour-Ah"with this then-unobtanium and marvel at how inferior it was to the swill that was readily available to those fortunate enough to live smack dab between the shit-beer meccas of St. Louis and Milwaukee. (962 characters)

I only wish that the rating were lower than 1.0!! I would rather drink tap water than this. The only reason this beer is popular is the advertising Coors does. The Silver Bullet is a complete dud. (196 characters)

THIS IS NOT BEER!! That's right, it's beer-flavored carbonated water with minimal alcohol content, suitable for frat-boys, jocks, bennies (that's a NJ term for the "hip" Summer crowd that invades the shore every year), and other "party animals" who think this crap actually tastes good! How Coors manages to move so much of this garbage amazes me...when I used to work in a liquor store, case upon case of this over-carbonated urine would fly out of the store. There's no accounting for (bad) taste I suppose. The saying "To each his own" applies here! (553 characters)

this is the worst beer product I have ever tasted . This is like beer flavored water . when I open a cooler at a party and see nothing but coors lite I get in my car and go buy real beer. don't understand the mindset of people who drink this shit.

appearance - looks like water with yellow coloring

smell- no discernible smell

taste- horrible

mouthfeel- watery

overall- complete waste of money spend a couple of more bucks and get something that tastes
like beer.

people that drink this shit are clueless. (512 characters)

When I was a child, I remember my mother ocassionally having a "red beer". I don't know if this was strictly a midwest thing, but she would mix equal parts Coors Light and tomato juice. No shit. In my youthful exuberance, I once asked her why she drank the beer with all that tomato juice. Her reply? "Because it makes the beer taste better". And from the mouth of a babe came this wisdom: "Well, if the beer tastes that bad, why don't you drink a better tasting beer?"

So begins my review of this "beer". This beer is awful. Foul. Pure fecal matter. This beer makes bong water seem appealing. I cannot say enough bad things about this awful swill foisted upon the unwashed masses with slick advertising and clever marketing . The pour is nothing but pure disappointment, no head, no lacing, and a smell reminiscent of those circular deodorant things in the pisser. Taste? A mix of Nyquil, rusty pipe water and rotten bananas. Wretched. Ghastly.

Sure, you could drink like 15 of these and not be fazed, but life is really too short to drink bad beer. BAD BEER!!! BAAAD BEER!!!!

The fact that this beer is so popular is irrefutable proof that you should never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers. God save our planet. (1,250 characters)

Therer was some leftover Coors Light from when my friend was over who drinks it. I decided I would review it.

Appearance- pale yellow color, no head

Smell- adjunct grains

Taste- very faint flavor, little bit of adjunct grains

Mouthfeel- very light bodied

Drinkability- This beer is horrible. Avoid it at all costs. (319 characters)

Poured this 12 oz can straight into my mouth via wide mouth opening. Skipped pouring into my trusty beer glass because I did not want to degrade the integrity of the poor thing. Wide mouth opening was ideal for this beer because it goes straight and fast down my mouth, into the bladder, and out the hatch, not giving me enough time to realize that I'm drinking what really could be Piss Water.

Characteristics: Watery, Bubbly, almost like club soda but with a little puke flavoring.

Appearance: Really, like piss. (516 characters)

what a horrible beer if you could even call it that. color is a yellow urine color, head doesnt last after pouring but a few seconds, the smell is something between sugar and cat piss, and the taste is like beer flavored water. all in all, i give it a 1 on the scoring because they dont give you a choice of 0, i wouldnt reccomend this beer to anyone. (351 characters)

Quite honestly, this is the worst beer on the planet. The only redeeming quality is the fact that it does have alcohol in it, but you'd be better served to add a few drops of vodka to a bottle of Perrier. This beer will always be popular because of its marketing and sponsorships, but my god... (294 characters)

This beer poured a very light yellow color with a white head that lasted no time at all, with very little lacing. The smell was almost no-existent except for a slight rice malt aroma.

The taste was like taking a lager and puring it about a quarter full and then filling the rest of the glass with carbonated water. The mouthfeel was a very watery over carbonated feel.

All in all not a good beer, and I would not recommend to anyone. (439 characters)

This beer isn't worth rating properly. this beer is repugnant. Even if i wanted to get hammered and all that was around was Coors light. I'd make the trip and spend the money to avoid it. I've even paid 5 dollars extra a beer at Gillette stadium to avoid this stuff. (266 characters)

This beer can best be used in place of water when they run out of it at a beer festival. It poured a bright yellow with nearly no head at all. The aroma was pretty much non-existant. The taste followed suit and resembled carbonated water more than anything else. If I was suffering from severe dehydration, I still wouldn't have another one of these! (350 characters)

Cold Activated Can and Vented Wide Mouth do nothing to help this beer. One finger head sounded like soda pop and evaporated in seconds. Straw color resembles a 3 on the SRM beer color chart. Smell is that of wet corn and straw. Taste like corn, rice and sweet malt, but has a mold flavor. Mouthfeel is that of fizzy water. This beer is cheep, and there is a reason for it. I think I will pass on any more of this, unless there is nothing else and I am already drunk and thirsty...really thirsty. (495 characters)

If I arched my own urine stream into my mouth it would be more pleasant than this "beer". This stuff is the enemy of craft beer. I've actually had a hick moron who was buying some of this behind me at a gas station try to tell me that I should be drinking coors. what a fag. (274 characters)

My brother-in-law left one at my house over the weekend, so I thought I would give it a quick review.

Pours a pale yellow color. This is a bright beer with a thin white head that diminishes quickly. A barely noticeable hop smell is apparent and, quite frankly, reminds me of a frat house after a sleezy party. There is a sour/sweet smell and taste that is associated with cheap domestic beers. A slight malty taste is there, but the adjuncts are definitely what is most prevalent. There is a minimal hop flavor that is really a waste of time. If you're not going to go for it, why bother? The head surprisingly lingers and leaves a little lacing down the glass. Lots of carbonation and a watery, thin mouthfeel give you what you would expect out of this beer. Drinkability? You may as well drink water...or pis. But it does have a label that changes color! (857 characters)

This is it! The worst beer I have ever had (not counting contaminated or spoiled beer. Though even then, it comes close). This beer is piss yellow, smells like the underside of a dirty mop and tastes...like the underside of a dirty mop...or maybe like the piss yellow color it resembles. Anyway, it is so watered down, that I can't even get a buzz off of it, wind up spending all my time in the bathroom and it makes me think that the best thing I could do for humanity is continue my quest to warn the world of the evils of the Coors brewery!

It's that bad. (561 characters)

From what I've heard about this beer, it actually had more flavor than I was expecting. Not stunning flavor, but flavor nonetheless. I'm not sure what anyone that's reading a review for Coors Light would expect, but it's just another light beer in the crowd. It's a bit more bitter than Bud Light but I like it. *Everyone* drinks Bud Light so Coors seems kind of refreshing in a way. Overall, I'd say it's decent for this category but not overwhelmingly good. Pretty watery, moderately carbonated and easy to drink. A good beer to buy in bulk for a party or BBQ but that's about it. (582 characters)

Lord how I wish there was a ZERO available here. Am I being too harsh? No, not at all. This is an AWFUL beer. Drinkable? No. Pour yourself a tall glass of MINERAL water if you need the carbonation. This beer is JUNK.

The appearance is awful. Almost hazy and zero head. Yes. Zero head. Zero lacing. Zero everything. Smells like something disgusting. Tastes awful. Fizzy at best...this is carbonated for sure--does not taste like a lager or a pilsner or even a LIGHT BEER for that matter! The mouthfeel is nothing I want to share. This tastes like polluted water. Overall this is an AWFUL beer. You won't see a person who values their calories or their beer drinking this junk. (676 characters)

Strictly a "I made some bad life choices and now Im broke as shit" beer. If this is your beer of choice then you either need to hang out with people who drink good beer or just quit drinking all together. If your over the age of concent there is no valid excuse for this beer being in your refrigerator. (303 characters)

the comercials for this beer are perfect, there is no mention of taste or flavor Yet the fact that it is cold is hyped up. This beer looks like colored seltzer,smells like corn,and tastes like water. However it is cold. (219 characters)

My softball team decided to go out to the bar after we got destroyed, and the beer special was Coors Light. All I have to say is it is as bad as I remember it and was not worth the dollar we paid for them. I basically had one just to pretend I was not a snob, but boy did I fail, when I could barely drink it.

It pours very light in the glass with very little head and even less flavor and aroma. The only redeeming quality that it had was it was cold and wet (which are both wonderful after a ballgame).

If any of this undesirable shows up in your home, dump it down the drain or use it for something useful like boiling pasta, but do not drink. (650 characters)

Very pale gold color, medium head. Aroma is very slight and kind of grainy. Very little malts, nearly no hops. Very light taste, nearly no taste at all. IS it really beer? Mouthfeel is thin. Finish is clean Aftertaste is nearly neutral. Is this even beer? More like a beer flavored water. (288 characters)

Coors Light from Coors Brewing Company