Coors Light - Coors Brewing Company

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Coors Light Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,201 | Hads: 4,643
2.84/5  rDev +36.5%

This beer is good when you can't afford the good stuff. $5 for a 3 pack of tall cans, HELL YA! This beer is not for sipping and enjoying like craft beers, its for huge gatherings and when money is tight and you need a quick beer fix. Not bad for piss beer! (256 characters)

2.84/5  rDev +36.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 3

There was a saying I once heard, "Beer and Girls, When it's good it's good and when it's bad, well it's still ok." This guy must not have drank many Coors Lights. This is some aweful stuff. I'd give up beer if this was all there was. It tastes like pizza cardboard soaked in water and mixed with fruit loops. With a lot of metallic. If you drink 3 quickly then it doesn't taste as bad but beware it cause severe belly bloat. Also causes insane diarrhea the next day. Avoid this stuff (483 characters)

2.85/5  rDev +37%

Presentation: Shared a pitcher of this with some friends at a local dive bar recently.

Appearance: Pours with a big, off white head. Probably 1.5 inches. Settles quickly to next to nothing. The beer itself is a pale yellow and prefectly clear.

Smell: Sweet malt and sweet adjuncts.

Taste: Very sweet tastes, but not that which I normally associate with malt. I assume it is the sweetness of adjuncts. Little to no bitterness in the finish.

Mouthfeel; Average carbonation level. Body is okay.

Drinkability: Not what I would normally order, but just hanging out with some friends at a local college bar, it certainly hit the spot. (633 characters)

2.85/5  rDev +37%

Drank straight from the bottle. I was at my friends' house for a weekend pre-game, pre-game to an IU game. My friend is just obssesed with this beer, saying it's "the greatest beer of all time". Wow, I am sorry. Anyway, I didn't get a good look at it obviously, but I would imagine in my head a light yellow color. The smell- nothing spectacular, I mean it wasn't a turn off, but it wasn't anything that would attract me to drinking it. It wasn't powerful either. The taste was just all around average.

I will give it credit, of most cheap beers, like really cheap on sale beers, I would drink this over any those beers. It is refreshing, it isn't filling, it isn't expensive, it does it's job right? I mean what could you expect? I think it does its job, so for that I give it credit, and I would drink it at a party, but it's not something I'm stocking in my fridge either. (879 characters)

2.85/5  rDev +37%

Coors Light is definitely one of the better widely available American Lagers. Appearance is a straw yellow with nothing else to it, And the smell is that of an average lager. But the taste is a nice change from the normal, It's almost like they actually take their time making this stuff. Yes I said it, An American Lager that actually has some time put into it! Imagine that!. I don't get why it has such a bad rep on here. The mouthfeel is nice as well with the usual lager fizziness. And I was surprised at the low alcohol content since I was actually buzzing off of 4 bottles of the stuff. So the next time you're about to pick up that 6 pack of Bud Light or any other basic cheap lager, Grab this instead. (710 characters)

2.85/5  rDev +37%

This has always been a favorite beer for me to drink at parties BBQs and other small get togethers. I know a lot of people don't like this beer bc they want a richer tasting beer but I've been drinking this beer a long time and it will always be among my favorites. (265 characters)

2.85/5  rDev +37%

man i hate it when you go to the bar late and all thats cold is coors light well it looks like beer in a bottle smells like beer in a bottle taste like watery beer in a bottle kinda sweet makes it easy to drink almost to easy to drink if you ask mebut nobody did (262 characters)

2.85/5  rDev +37%

Pours out light gold with decent head, and very heavy signs of carbonation. Smells very light with some hint of hops. Almost no taste except for the bitter alcohol that may follow, but for the most part very watery. It is, however, quite refreshing. Because of its lack of flavor and the fact that it's so light, it's drinkability is quite high. Overall, refreshing but not a beer-lover's beer. Not the best light beer, but not the worst. (438 characters)

2.87/5  rDev +38%

Coors light is what it is. I'm originally from Colorado, so it has to be my "go to" macro when that's all there is. Ironically, it is really good to wash down Maryland crabs (eating crabs is an event in this State... you'd have to be there). And it's also great for crabs because it goes down so easily. Too easily, in fact. Nice pale "beer" yellow in the glass, with a quickly disappearing head. Nice bubbles on the glass that tingle through the first few sips. (Incidentally, if drunk from the can, it's about like drinking a Sprite, in terms of mouthfeel.) An interesting--even a bit addicting--fruity (banana?) hops scent and taste. I know why it's so popular. It leave you wanting more and it goes down so easily that you almost forget you're drinking beer. Until the alcohol hits you. What can I say, it's a macro. An American "light" macro to boot. But easily the best of the big three "light" macros out there. As if that meant anything. Here's something that puts Coors Light in context: Over the Memorial Day weekend, we were drinking Coors Light while waiting for the "real" beer to chill in the ice chest. Kind'a says it all. (1,137 characters)

2.87/5  rDev +38%

Had a Coors in a can. Coors isn't a bad beer. It's light and smooth. Color isn't all that great, just a yellow straw. I usually drink craft beer, but every now and then I'lll have some Coors Light. Pound 6(or 12) of these away and have a good time. (248 characters)

2.88/5  rDev +38.5%

Drank a few cans of this last night so here's the review. Color looks pale and nasty yellow...I love IPA's and pilsners that are light colored, but this looks thin and nasty. The taste is predominatly carbonated water, tastes like they added instant beer flavor to it. Really fizzy soda-pop beer.

Good stuff: it's balanced, and it's so light I could probably drink a whole case, but why would I want to? Cute little hoppy bite, definately nothing to write home about. Not really much to say here, except that I feel like I'm drinking an unsweetened Sprite. Drink only when absolutely neccessary. (599 characters)

2.88/5  rDev +38.5%

Pours a very light gold color, with a head that has evaporated before I finished writing this sentance. Almost no smell to speak of. On the other hand, it has a high drinkablilty, but this is probably due to its low alcohol content. The taste of the rockies is actually rather bland and ordinary. (296 characters)

2.88/5  rDev +38.5%

12 oz can poured into a Rock Creek Pale Ale pint glass.

A - Pours clear piss yellow with two fingers of head that dissapates in a few seconds. Lacing? Hahahaha... no.

S - Wow. I don't think I've ever smelled this beer before... it reminds me of a locker room - sweaty cabbage gym sock smell

T - there is suprisingly little taste. I taste a slight maltiness with no other aftertastes. This beer is the closest thing to water that I've ever had. For this reason, it is my favorite of the "light" beers. Great for beirut or any other non BA sanctioned drinking game.

M - nonexistent. It just washes whatever was in your mouth down your throat.

D - Exceptional. You could easily drink six of these and be none the wiser. I'm not saying this is a good beer, but it IS very drinkable, due to its close resemblance to water and minimal aftertaste. (847 characters)

2.88/5  rDev +38.5%

I'm gonna rate this beer as light beer the way it should be. If you rate this beer against other types or styles of beers your in idiot. As light beer compared to the other two its very very light with a watery look, very pale even more then bud and miller. The head foams and goes away like most light beers with no to little head left. The smell is a little sweetness, corn or some mix of veggies. The taste is a little sweet up front with the corn and veggie mix coming through midway, ending in a little bitterness maybe from the hops haha. Bud light and miller are sweeter, this is a little more tame on the sweetness and has a little bitter bite on the back end that makes me like it better then b/m. The mouthfeel along with the taste are water of course right, it is light beer. I mean this beer is still beer enough for me to enjoy it at a party, bbq, beach. I don't care how much people hate this shit or say its not craft beer I can't drink it, ill drink this any day on a beach or just simply throwing back cans with friends. Other then that though ill take some good beer to enjoy around the house hanging with the girl (1,132 characters)

2.88/5  rDev +38.5%

Considering what this is, it's really not bad. To me, it doesn't taste bad for a light beer, and it seems to have more flavor than the Bud and Miller versions. There certainly are higher quality beers out there, but when you're buying a few cases for a cookout or some other type of get-together, that better stuff can get cost-prohibitive. Like other folks I know, I save the costly micros for more intimate gatherings. Coors Light on the other hand appeals to the masses, it has a decent buzz factor, it's relatively inexpensive, and for what it is, it could taste a hell of a lot worse. (589 characters)

Pint from Richmond Bar and Grill in El Segundo

Pour was a golden yellow with a foamy head almost an inch thick

Smell was barley and yeast and not very good

Taste is decent for a light beer

Could drink about thirty of these if somebody wanted to, super super light beer (272 characters)

2.89/5  rDev +38.9%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

I much prefer the taste over most other domestic mass produced beer. Cold on a hot day, or with some cheap wings watching a game. Not the worst thing in the world. (163 characters)

2.9/5  rDev +39.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.5

Poured from a 24oz can into a pint glass.

Appearance/Smell - Appears a bright clear yellow. No head, and sudsy spotty lacing. Medium-high carbonation. Smells of citrus grape & apple, along with very clean rice and grain. No hops, bright grape/apple aroma dominates.

Taste/Mouthfeel - Tastes very clean with citrus and grape/apple flavors. Rice, no hops and very lite. Not much changes as it warms. Mouthfeel is crisp and lite bodied. Medium-high carbonation, and goes down lite and watery.

Drinkability/Final thoughts - Highly drinkable, nothing offensive unless you don't like that sort of crisp grape/apple like flavor. I was impressed by how well the carbonation held throughout (Didn't get flat!) Well, its easy to drink, affordable & not offensive. If your into lite beers, Id say go ahead and give it a try. Not bad. (825 characters)

2.9/5  rDev +39.4%

Pours a very light yellow, some head, little to no lacing on glass.

Smells slightly grassy, slightly like a glass of water, very light hop presence.

Tastes very watered down, like I would be able to play beer pong with it or chug it without having any issues whatsoever. Very little mouthfeel, this beer is meant to be drank ice cold as implied with the cold indicator on the can unlike most beers that I drink. Very clean of any could be undesirable flavors because hey, there is not a whole lot of flavor in the beer. Not a secret.

Tap the Rockies! (555 characters)

2.9/5  rDev +39.4%

this is a typical american "bad" beer a cheap and efficient way to beat the heat, or get slammed. Since this is my first review i'll try to be brief and somewhat educated.

A- very light yellow, and non-existant head

S- Nothing really, just a little skunky water/metallic after effect

T- watery, water, watersized, although it is def. a very drinkable beer, slight hints of roasted corn and foamy malt.

D-as always incredibly easy to down, and will continue to be. My personal favorite of the bottom run Macro-beers, buy it for a party or a lonely night (556 characters)

2.91/5  rDev +39.9%

A: This beer is about as clear as they get. Even less color than say a Miller Lite or Bud Light.

S: Smells like all the other light lagers.

T: Tastes very light with a little more sweetness that comes through when its cold.

M: Like water. I like water.

D: Coors Light is absolutely nothing special aside from the fact that when you've just mowed the lawn or worked a long day and you just want a cheap, light, beer that is refreshing and just about nothing else it tastes great. Coors Light has none of the "off" tastes that sometimes I feel Bud and Miller have. All in all, if I want to drink a light, cheap beer I'll reach for this. Any other time, I'll drink better. (673 characters)

2.93/5  rDev +40.9%

This Coors light that I downed was in draught form and brewed under licence in Canada. It had a much fuller body than I had anticipated, medium golden in colour, well balanced with low carbonation. There was a very light head, and no after taste. I enjoyed it. (260 characters)

2.93/5  rDev +40.9%

Pours a very clear, pale yellow with a decent, but short-lived head that recedes very quickly to absolutely nothing.

Grainy and doughy aroma with hints of sour fruit and sulfur.

Sweet fruity taste upfront with carbonation that zips along. There's a grain flavor in the finish that's light and fluffy and reminds me of cake.

Eh, why not? It doesn't taste that bad, and I could definitely knock a couple back if someone was passing them out. (442 characters)

2.93/5  rDev +40.9%

Average, even for a macro lager. Pours a very light straw color with no lacing, but nice head. Has a slightly sour/skunky smell to it. Decent malt taste, but nothing great, a little on the sour side. Goes down fine, with quite a bit of carbonation. Average overall for a macro. Compared to just about anything else it would be even worse. (338 characters)

2.93/5  rDev +40.9%

I had this beer in the bottle this time and I don’t know there is just something I like about this beer. It’s not very complex and it’s unexciting at best but I can drink them all night and not want to stop. Most beers like this make me tired and sick but this one seems crisper. In the end I wouldn’t choose it over many of the beers out there but it is a great substitute for a glass of water. (399 characters)

Coors Light from Coors Brewing Company