Coors Light - Coors Brewing Company

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Coors Light Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,216 | Hads: 4,746

Serving Type: Bottle at the beach

Appearance: Transparent Yellow/Goldish...taken straight from the bottle most of the time

Smell: Smells like my frat house

Taste: I don't know...

Mouthfeel: Like seltzer water, but not as bad as some of the macro's

Drinkability: Sure, I could drink this all day long, especially on a hot summer day at the beach - but would I enjoy it? Probably not.

2.8/5  rDev +37.3%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 5 | overall: 2.75

A: Drank from a can but I've seen it before. Nothing special.

S: Metallic corn water.

T: Cold crisp corn without much hoppiness.

M: Very crisp and no sticking to the tongue. Perfect for a hot day.

O: You get what you pay for. Cheap, easy drinking, refreshing beer water. If that's what you went in expecting then you'll be happy like me:) The new double vented can does allow for easier chugging!

Serving type: can

2.8/5  rDev +37.3%

As far as light American macrobrew beers go, I would rate this near the top. I am comparing it to Bud Light or Miller Light. This beer pours the same light yellow color with no head and has the same grain scent. The taste is slightly bolder, and more refreshing in my opinion. Leave a better aftertaste.

2.8/5  rDev +37.3%

Bought it in a bottle and poured it into a pint glass. Old faithful is what a lot call it. Its my safety beer everyone drinks it nobody hates it except the NRA haha. It pours a very light yellow color. It smells alcoholic. Its the average persons beer. It goes down really smooth and is very drinkable. It leaves the palate of a person who has drank "craft" beers looking for more but is very refreshing after cutting the grass/ while cutting the grass. Easiest beer to drink.

2.8/5  rDev +37.3%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 4

I should preface this review with the disclaimer that this is my first review of a beer and this beer retains an admittedly undeserved place in my pantheon of beers.

That being done. I will claim that this beer excels at what it attempts. This beer is a mass produced beer intended to invoke the common perception of beers. That is to say, it relies on the societal conception of beer to derive its value. Nothing particular about this beer invokes praise or devotion.

For color, it is what I always imagined washed-out gold to look like. The head quickly dissipated but it has continued effervescing. The taste is generically satisfying, but otherwise unremarkable. Nothing but the aftertaste alerts the drinker that this is actually a beer.

According to it traits, this beer is barely medicore. However, as previously mentioned this beer holds a special position in my beer selection. The reason for this is probably entirely intentional on Coors' part. It is entirely a reproduction of my first taste of beer. The first sip of this beer always summons the recollection of my first taste of beer. The soft introduction with the slightly bitter aftertaste is reminescent of mostly fond memories. As a beer intending not to impress me, but only to remind me, this beer excels. This beer invokes images of my past and I am reticent to reject those memories. Therefore when asked what generic American beer I would prefer, I will always choose Coors. Perhaps not because of its inherent qualities but because of its ability to connect with long cherished memories.

2.81/5  rDev +37.7%

This is a rather bland beer that i am having a hard time reviewing. I think that this should suffice...
Sweet floral and grainy aromas. Vibrant and very clean with a hint of dry, pale malt and a brisk and refreshing finish where a hint of hop bitters and dry, grainy character emerge. However taste is rather bland and lingures in my mouth all night making me burp on end.

2.81/5  rDev +37.7%

I have a 355ml bottle in Australia it is coors only no (coors light). pours a clear pale golden with a medium white head. Sweet malt aroma with corn and malt. Taste similar to aroma, sweet and watery light bitterness on the finish. I’ll take it over bud light that’s forsure.

2.82/5  rDev +38.2%

Pours a light yellow with no head or lacing.

Very very light mouthfeel and taste, a bit of a metallic banana flavor with medium to high carbonation. A dry beer with not much to hate about it as there is so little flavor.

Very drinkable if you are thirsty for a water type beverage.

Not the worst light beer as it could be very refreshing on a hot day. This would be the beer I think non beer drinkers should like this as opposed to bud light as this has litte to no off flavor.

2.82/5  rDev +38.2%

Its one of the beer that is really refreshing. Most of the people tells me that it taste like water I found it that they are really severe about it.

The smell of it is not really powerful, it's really limited, you can smell a bit of corny but nothing much.
If u look for a beer that have a good texture.

Now the taste. For my part I think it's ok. Fore sure it's not the most tasty beer on the market but for a light beer, it does do a pretty decent.

So overall would I recommend it ? Yes ! If u are at the swimming pool and u need a refreshing beer give a try to the coors light. Definitely one of my beer that I drink during summer.

2.82/5  rDev +38.2%

I could drink this all night. It tastes okay, it doesn't look good but the taste is okay. It is better than some light beers I have had. This is my second favorite light beer next to Sam Adams Light. It wasn't that watery. There may have been too much carbonation. A decent beer by Coors, I liked their Irish Red Better.

2.82/5  rDev +38.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

While definitely not the best beer in the world. This beer is great for really throwing back. People that hate on this beer should realize that while its not great it is much better than attempting to throw back any craft brew. Really a bang for your buck, and a staple at college parties.

2.82/5  rDev +38.2%

A: Pale yellow body. Tiny white head that fell to almost nothing.

S: Light aroma - too light to identify anything worth noting.

T: Didn't taste like much either. As close to water as it is to beer IMO, but with no taste, there's nothing to complain about.

M: Very light body w/ ample carbonation.

D: Goes down incredibly easy, but that's because there's nothing to it.

Facing a fridge of macros from around the world, I committed myself to facing off the big 3 American light macros. Only two beers in, I'm struggling to tell them apart.

2.83/5  rDev +38.7%

This is, in my opinion, the best of the "Big Three" light beers. Even though that's not saying much on a site like this, I must say that this beer has given me plenty of enjoyment duing my college years. It does exactly what it's supposed to - get you drunk in a short amount of time. That's not an easy thing to accomplish.

If you absolutely have to get a Light Macro beer, make it this one.

2.83/5  rDev +38.7%

275 mL brown bottle poured into a pint glass (as I don't have any lager glassware).

A: Clear, faint yellow, bubbly beer sits underneath a foamy, off-white head. Better appearance than I expected.

S: Grains and adjuncts, more or less a typical adunct lager smell.

T: While there is nothing interesting here, I must admit I didn't hate it as much as I expected to. Not bad with a venison burger.

M: Light and moderately refreshing--very carbonated.

D: Not nearly as horrible as I expected. Pleasantly surprised (and moderately confused, hehe).

2.84/5  rDev +39.2%

This beer is good when you can't afford the good stuff. $5 for a 3 pack of tall cans, HELL YA! This beer is not for sipping and enjoying like craft beers, its for huge gatherings and when money is tight and you need a quick beer fix. Not bad for piss beer!

2.85/5  rDev +39.7%

Presentation: Shared a pitcher of this with some friends at a local dive bar recently.

Appearance: Pours with a big, off white head. Probably 1.5 inches. Settles quickly to next to nothing. The beer itself is a pale yellow and prefectly clear.

Smell: Sweet malt and sweet adjuncts.

Taste: Very sweet tastes, but not that which I normally associate with malt. I assume it is the sweetness of adjuncts. Little to no bitterness in the finish.

Mouthfeel; Average carbonation level. Body is okay.

Drinkability: Not what I would normally order, but just hanging out with some friends at a local college bar, it certainly hit the spot.

2.85/5  rDev +39.7%

Drank straight from the bottle. I was at my friends' house for a weekend pre-game, pre-game to an IU game. My friend is just obssesed with this beer, saying it's "the greatest beer of all time". Wow, I am sorry. Anyway, I didn't get a good look at it obviously, but I would imagine in my head a light yellow color. The smell- nothing spectacular, I mean it wasn't a turn off, but it wasn't anything that would attract me to drinking it. It wasn't powerful either. The taste was just all around average.

I will give it credit, of most cheap beers, like really cheap on sale beers, I would drink this over any those beers. It is refreshing, it isn't filling, it isn't expensive, it does it's job right? I mean what could you expect? I think it does its job, so for that I give it credit, and I would drink it at a party, but it's not something I'm stocking in my fridge either.

2.85/5  rDev +39.7%

Coors Light is definitely one of the better widely available American Lagers. Appearance is a straw yellow with nothing else to it, And the smell is that of an average lager. But the taste is a nice change from the normal, It's almost like they actually take their time making this stuff. Yes I said it, An American Lager that actually has some time put into it! Imagine that!. I don't get why it has such a bad rep on here. The mouthfeel is nice as well with the usual lager fizziness. And I was surprised at the low alcohol content since I was actually buzzing off of 4 bottles of the stuff. So the next time you're about to pick up that 6 pack of Bud Light or any other basic cheap lager, Grab this instead.

2.85/5  rDev +39.7%

This has always been a favorite beer for me to drink at parties BBQs and other small get togethers. I know a lot of people don't like this beer bc they want a richer tasting beer but I've been drinking this beer a long time and it will always be among my favorites.

2.85/5  rDev +39.7%

man i hate it when you go to the bar late and all thats cold is coors light well it looks like beer in a bottle smells like beer in a bottle taste like watery beer in a bottle kinda sweet makes it easy to drink almost to easy to drink if you ask mebut nobody did

2.85/5  rDev +39.7%

Pours out light gold with decent head, and very heavy signs of carbonation. Smells very light with some hint of hops. Almost no taste except for the bitter alcohol that may follow, but for the most part very watery. It is, however, quite refreshing. Because of its lack of flavor and the fact that it's so light, it's drinkability is quite high. Overall, refreshing but not a beer-lover's beer. Not the best light beer, but not the worst.

2.87/5  rDev +40.7%

Coors light is what it is. I'm originally from Colorado, so it has to be my "go to" macro when that's all there is. Ironically, it is really good to wash down Maryland crabs (eating crabs is an event in this State... you'd have to be there). And it's also great for crabs because it goes down so easily. Too easily, in fact. Nice pale "beer" yellow in the glass, with a quickly disappearing head. Nice bubbles on the glass that tingle through the first few sips. (Incidentally, if drunk from the can, it's about like drinking a Sprite, in terms of mouthfeel.) An interesting--even a bit addicting--fruity (banana?) hops scent and taste. I know why it's so popular. It leave you wanting more and it goes down so easily that you almost forget you're drinking beer. Until the alcohol hits you. What can I say, it's a macro. An American "light" macro to boot. But easily the best of the big three "light" macros out there. As if that meant anything. Here's something that puts Coors Light in context: Over the Memorial Day weekend, we were drinking Coors Light while waiting for the "real" beer to chill in the ice chest. Kind'a says it all.

2.87/5  rDev +40.7%

Had a Coors in a can. Coors isn't a bad beer. It's light and smooth. Color isn't all that great, just a yellow straw. I usually drink craft beer, but every now and then I'lll have some Coors Light. Pound 6(or 12) of these away and have a good time.

2.88/5  rDev +41.2%
look: 2.75 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3

Yeah. Super easy to rip on the adjuncts but I prefer to compare them to one another. An ice cold coors light on a warm day is delicious in ways that your Purple Cooter Black IPA Nitro aged in Bourbon Barrels can't touch. There is a time and a place for these beers and when that time reveals itself, I will request a CL. There is a carbonated burst that hits the back of your throat that sets this beer apart from the beers that generally don't set themselves apart. I also appreciate that there is no wino aftertaste like Budweiser products.

2.88/5  rDev +41.2%

Drank a few cans of this last night so here's the review. Color looks pale and nasty yellow...I love IPA's and pilsners that are light colored, but this looks thin and nasty. The taste is predominatly carbonated water, tastes like they added instant beer flavor to it. Really fizzy soda-pop beer.

Good stuff: it's balanced, and it's so light I could probably drink a whole case, but why would I want to? Cute little hoppy bite, definately nothing to write home about. Not really much to say here, except that I feel like I'm drinking an unsweetened Sprite. Drink only when absolutely neccessary.

Coors Light from Coors Brewing Company