Coors Light - Coors Brewing Company

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Coors Light Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,194 | Hads: 4,599

Pours much like any other light lager. Pours a light color with a head that doesn't last (much like the other light lagers I've tried). Aroma is somewhat weird though, hard to describe. It's somewhat sweet and the taste is much of the same. Sweet at first and then it gives away to a corny background. I couldn't ever see myself drinking this. Probably the only difference I've noticed between this and the others in the same category.

You know, when a beer is unimpressive, it's unimpressive. Period. (505 characters)

What can I say about old faithful...

In a world of beer pong and tailgates where you'll drink a million beers over the course of 5 hours the Silver Bullet is the true King of Beers. It's never ending ability to provide small doses of alcohol in between good beers when you are getting piss yourself drunk is second to none. A little pricey for what you get, it should cost no more than natural ice but we are slaves to ad costs. Whether it is for a beer bong or a keg cup Coors light is the choice of Champions. Just don't think you are going to be savoring the last drops of this one. (586 characters)

Tastes like rocky mountain feces - straight from the sewers of Golden Colorado. Honestly, I can't believe Pete Coors has the balls to get on TV in the pristine Colorado mountains and pretend that this beer has anything to do with our State. He a fraud and so is this beer. (272 characters)

What the hell is with this beer?? Light almost waterlike color. Almost no smell. Smells like seltzer water, with a cooked veggie characteristic that transfers to the taste. Spritzy and watery with a strong sweet adjunct funk. After drinking some Munchen Helles all weekend and then drinking this, I had to dump it out. Instead of drinking this, just drink water. (365 characters)

Pretty much the worst beer ever. I used to be into bottom shelf adjunct lagers and such, but now I can really appreciate the taste of a real beer. On a hot day, after an honest day's work, I'd rather drink anything else but this. It will slow down your tastebuds to the point of cardiac arrest. Great from the beach (because it tastes like a mouthful of sand and salt water) to the slopes (because after having one, your day just goes downhill). Just thinking about it makes me vomit. (484 characters)

i dont usually bother reviewing beers that i despise, i dont really see the point, but i figured i should review at least one so i knew what it felt like to totally bash a beer . Here goes. This is a bad bad beer, colorless, flavorless odorless, much like carbon monoxide, you should try and avoid it at all costs. Mcro lagers usually benefit from being extremely cold, this one almost evaporates when extremely cold, and as it warms up , well lets just say it would be better if it did evaporate. Ill never understand why this beer is so popular, never. (554 characters)

appearance: light yellow to almost clear

smell: slight hops, but barely smelled like beer

taste: Little to none, like a rice lager, zero taste

mouthfeel: watery and tasteless

drinkability: very easy, goes down easier than water. good for drinking games (256 characters)

typical mass-produced macrobeer. smeels and taste like water, corn and metal. only good for fraternity parties and in huge mugs at Midevil Times. Pours a very pale golden yellow color with very thin fizzy head that dissapeard immediately. Smells like the floor of a fraternity house blended with corn syrup. Gross. (314 characters)

I drank this beer one day during a nascar race, and It really had me questioning if i was drinking beer or water. There was no distinct smell or taste associated with this beer, I never really felt like i had a beer in my mouth, it was very watery with little carbination. after drinking 7 or 8 of these i didn't really feel like i had any beers in me at all. so I would have to say they change the name from coors light to water. becuase that's about all your drinking with this stuff. (486 characters)

Words cannot describe my utter dislike for this brew. If this were the only beer available at a party, I would rather not drink. The taste is awful, the appearance is as close to club soda as you can get, the mouthfeel is awfully sour, and drinkability next to impossible. A true macro crap beer. (296 characters)

Wow that new frost liner really works, I guess, I pour beer into a glass. However, first sip can't you taste the Rockie Montains? Well if you can your taste buds are way better then mine. The beer poured an unappealing light yellow that looks almost clear. The smell and taste where almost non-existant. The mouthfeel was light was felt like I was drinking spoiled water. I had to dump this beer because each sip made me cringe. (428 characters)

I got this can of beer at a party once. It's the standard story of how everybody gets suckered into getting a coors lite. You goto a friends house who has friends over and you assume they are all drinking good beer. Without looking around you get handed a can of beer and its coors lite. you don't want to seem like an elitist prick so you attempt to drink the can of over carbonated piss water.

appearance: can had blue mountains, which means it's as cold as the rockies. i assume this is to mask any flavor it may possibly have.

smell: well being as its so overcarbonated, i got a great smell as the carbonation found its way into my nose. it smelled like "that old beer smell" you know how beer smells after its been poured on your clothes and kept in the bottom of a laundry hamper for 3 days? that beer smell.

taste: beer flavored water is the best i can describe it. it was horrible, did i mention about the carbonation yet? it seemed like every drink i shook it up. horrible horrible stuff

mouthfeel: way over carbonated and felt like water. again, horrible stuff.

drinkability: none at all. after the third gulp i wanted to throw up again and again. it was just too much carbonation to drink. so disgusting, i would never drink that again. (1,252 characters)

What can i say its the worst beer i've ever had for me its the lowest of the lows and it saddens me for it to be one of the highest selling beers in the country. It pours a pale straw yellow. Tastes like water and some malt. Smells like water (nothing) and overall its just a beer made for college students. (307 characters)

Coors Light not good
Almost no head at all.
The body is light, almost clear.
The taste is that of South Dakota tap water.
I used it one time at a beer tasting to cleanse my tastebudds

"I do like the nice shiney can" (233 characters)

This is quite possible the worst beer I have ever had the privelage to partake of. This was drunk straight from the can, to save myself from the apperance! This smells like water, with some bad beer falvoring added into the mix, and it tastes the same as it smells! In fact this tastes even worse in cans than it does in bottles! This has no mouthfeel, as it is pure water, and the drinkability is low beacuse it just tastes bad. Why Bother. Hey I am young, and I am in college, but still, just quit smoking, or buy less cds and get some GOOD BEER, don't make your body drink this god awful brew!!!!
good day sirs!
(618 characters)

This is proof positive that advertising does pay. Why else would anyone buy this crap??? It has a very watery taste with a hint of skunk. I think Odouls is closer to being beer than this..uh...beverage...(I almost called it a beer..oops!). (242 characters)

This is unfortunately what some friends and family think is beer, and whats more they serve it to company. Is it bad manors to bring your own whenever you visit. Coors has no flavor, its aroma is unimpressive as is its appearance. How anyone can drink this is beyond me. Give me an arrogant bastard any day now that's a real beer. (330 characters)

Probably the first beer I ever had, and I thought it was great...then I grew some taste buds and...

A - Can o slightly yellow water

S - nothing to report...

T - none...

M - Perfect for mowing the yard.

O - Cheap. Good on a hot day. Does not quite set the benchmark for the worst beer ever, but its close. (310 characters)

Water anyone? Just another utterly weak nearly flavorless light beer. Kind of like if you pack a glass to the top with ice cubes then drop in a shot or two of regular Coors and walk away long enough for the ice to melt. Ta-da, Coors Light. The only saving grace is there's really nothing to be offended by. Something would have to be in it in order for you to ask for something to take out of it. (396 characters)

BA tells you to always write something critically informative about a beer, so I will start with my thesis and then elaborate on it. Quite simply put, this is the worst beer I've ever tasted. It pours a terribly pale yellow with tons of rapidly receding foam head. The smell was mostly corn, as is the taste, which has so much starchy sweetness from whatever they put in it that it has actually succeeded in being the only beer that triggers my gag reflex. So why did i drink this? Because this is what gets served at house parties where people dont have lots of money and need beer to play some beiruit. Seeing as how this is the only beer that has consistently made me choke every time I drink it, I cannot give it more than a 1 for any single aspect of it. But hey, its cheap... (781 characters)

1.02/5  rDev -51.2%

I was in Golden so of course I had to go! Well, its been a while since I had a coors light, I remember a soapy taste. Well, this time it was very watery. It didn't taste like much and there was no aroma. The overall what no so good but I knew what I was getting myself into. (274 characters)

1.03/5  rDev -50.7%

I had the displeasure of having this one at a Halloween party. It was free, all that was available and I felt I should drink a beer on Halloween. Next time I'll just have water.
Piss yellow with a scant faint fizzy head. Served in a plastic cup.
I would prefer no aroma to the grainy bitter aroma of the Silver Bullett.
At some point in my life I remember eating uncooked corn straight from the cob. That's what this beer taste like.
Water has more body than this beer.
I poured it out at half of a cup. This is bad by even BMC standards. The reason they want you to drink it so cold is to mask the horrible flavors of the beer. (628 characters)

1.03/5  rDev -50.7%

Oh my this is not good! I just tried this right after a Bud light and found it to be even less drinkable. No real smell to speak of, but taste...hint of banana, slight lemon after taste...hops???, I can't detect them. This is a really bad brew(no where on the can does it say beer). (282 characters)

1.03/5  rDev -50.7%

I've got a limmerick and a haiku that express everything I could ever want to say about this beer:

(1)
There's this thing called Coors Light
that's never tasted quite right.
They claim that it's beer,
but that's a fallacy I fear.
It's more like pee with a bite.

(2)
I drank some Coors Light --
terrible, ghastly, painful
flavor in my mouth. (354 characters)

1.03/5  rDev -50.7%

Nothing special to report. There's bad beer and then there's terrible beer. This is somewhere beneath both of them, the bastard child that only advertising and capitalism could produce. Light cheap beer should normally at least go down easy, but the taste here is just foul out of the bottle. Its a bit smoother on draft, but definitely avoid. (343 characters)

Coors Light from Coors Brewing Company