Coors Light - Coors Brewing Company

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Coors Light Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,208 | Hads: 4,692
1.84/5  rDev -9.8%

I got to drink this gem this past weekend at a wedding reception that featured deluxe draft beer options such as this and Miller lite. I couldnt contain my excitement so I ordered a coors light and it was served to me ice cold in a pub style glass. So lavish with its ultra light pale color and streaming bubbles of carbonation that struggle to formulate anything resembling a head.

This honestly didnt smell like anything and the taste was similar. Mild corn-like sweetness, bubbly seltzer and crisp, coldness that tries to numb your tongue and slide effortlessly into your gullet.

This was an amazing nostalgic experience. Upon first sip, I was immediately transported back 20 years to sitting in my parents living room watching the verdict of the OJ Simpson trial unfold. Holy shit, that was 20 years ago...and I was like 13. But whatever, that was the last time I drank this beer until reliving the dream again this weekend. No wonder I havent had it in so long, its pointless watery garbage.

1.75/5  rDev -14.2%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

Bought a the Lake Wales ABC from their clearance cart for $1.00. Honestly, the only reason I got it was because I'd never logged one before. It was pretty crappy...better than Bud Light, but that ain't sayin' much.

2.82/5  rDev +38.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

While definitely not the best beer in the world. This beer is great for really throwing back. People that hate on this beer should realize that while its not great it is much better than attempting to throw back any craft brew. Really a bang for your buck, and a staple at college parties.

Well, of all the national distributed lagers, this one is probably my favorite. Bear in mind that is like saying you're the skinniest kid at fat camp. It drinks the easiest when washing down some brats at a tailgate, but I had to rate it since I have literally dranks 100's of these throughout my college days.

2.71/5  rDev +32.8%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Pale yellow in color with a fingernail of eggshell white around the rim. I smell faint aroma of corn and Hallertau hops. I taste just what I smelled, a basic blend of corn and Hallertau hops. The mouth was light and crisp.

1.72/5  rDev -15.7%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

I'd rate the head, once I find it. Pretty much the same with the smell, some hint of hops and grains. Taste ,yeah those corny grain tastes are kinda there, hard to tell over the overwhelming taste of water. Mouth feel, stale water. would be a 1/5 for overall rating but hey, the can's change colour, which is the coolest thing about this beer. Seriously though with no word of a lie In the past after a hard day working in the sun and went to the fridge to just a choice of this (father drinks it so some always in my fridge..) or a bottle of water, I chose the bottle of water.

2.53/5  rDev +24%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

Poured a very light golden hue with a bit of head. Smell wise I could detect a faint amount of corn. Taste was very watery a hint of corn and grains. Refreshing but Coors Banquet is better.

3.22/5  rDev +57.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 4.25

I really like this beer. Yes there are better beers but this one always finds its way into my fridge. You have to remember what you're buying, I'm not buying a Sam Adams or a Columbus IPA your buying a beer that's meant to be drank on a hot summer day. It's got decent flavor and it's a solid beer. When I get home I toss a couple of silver bullets into the freezer, have supper then pack a pipe and enjoy a couple beers after a hard days work with good beer and good tobacco.

1.19/5  rDev -41.7%

It was drinkable for as long as it was freezing cold, when it warmed up even a little I couldn't even take a sip.

It is all around a very unpleasant, tasteless beer.

1.47/5  rDev -27.9%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

Never would buy for myself but I suppose it is fine if you get it for free at a party or with friends. Very bright yellow and clear colour to the body, barely any flavors save for the metal from the can with a light aftertaste of bread, very very weak hops and yeast. MUST be served ice cold to mask the taste or I could never stomach the stuff.

1.48/5  rDev -27.5%
look: 1 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.5

This is a piss pour excuse for a beer. It's like a beer impostor. It pours like urine, tastes like the ghost of a hop, and is about as interesting as watching paint dry. Just don't.

1.3/5  rDev -36.3%

It's best experienced when your palate is neutral. It tastes like seltzer water with a hint of fake malt and fake hops. It's actually pretty good when you are hot and desperate, as it has little flavor and even the slowest drinker can finish a can at lightning speed.

However, if you try one of these so-called Silver Bullets after consuming real beer, you lose. At best, disappointment. At worst, a sore stomach from the cheap beet sugar and rice used in brewing the Silver Bullet.

2.63/5  rDev +28.9%

12 oz. bottling into a Pint Glass

A - Clear, pale straw in color with visible and moderately fast rising carbonation. Head is slightly frothy and white (dissipates quickly to next to nothing). 3/5

S - Light malt. Very slight sweet note. Grassy hops. 2.5/5

T - Extremely light malt. Grainy. Cereal. Slight hops note at the back end. Very little bitterness. 2.5/5

M - Scrubbing bubbles carbonation sensation. Very light and crisp. No drying astringency. 3/5

O - Good for what it is. Not as good as Miller Lite in my book but better than Bud Light. Good with or without food, preferably on a hot day. 2.75/5

3.81/5  rDev +86.8%

I love beer and I drink it every day. At (age) 62, carbs are an important factor. High carbs = high weight gain. Must keep the carbs at or below 5.5g/beer. I want to be treated right with a beer's alcohol content too, which is just as important to me as any other attribute. Coors Light is always an excellent choice for me. The aroma, flavor, after burp, 4.2 ABV and at 5g carbs Coors Light is a great beer. A straight shot about every three beers or so makes up for the slightly lower alcohol content. I love the flavor the aluminum can adds, but the flavor of Coors Light from the bottle is fine too. Adolf Coors (who became a proud American) went to a lot of trouble to find the right water with which to brew a great beer and I think he did. I think he'd be proud of Coors Light.

2.89/5  rDev +41.7%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

I much prefer the taste over most other domestic mass produced beer. Cold on a hot day, or with some cheap wings watching a game. Not the worst thing in the world.

2.12/5  rDev +3.9%
look: 3 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.5

it's just kinda there....more trouble than it's worth using the energy to open the bottle, pour and drink. I gave my 12 pack away after drinking a few...I put 3 bottles in the freezer for a couple hours before drinking to make it a little more interesting...very weird little buzz

look: 1.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2.25

People totally hate on beers like this and bud light without thinking about what it actually is. Beers like this are not made to be delicious or magnificent. This is what I call a "glass of water beer". It has two purposes to be refreshing and to get you a buzz. Would I rather have a nice craft beer? Yes. But if im im the mood for something inexpensive and "decent" its better than nothing. If you hate it so much then shut up and dont drink it and stop posting about how you would rather drink goat piss than this.

3.45/5  rDev +69.1%

One of my least favorite light beers. If i am going for a light beer I rather have a Bud Light, Miller lite or Tecate Light. Coors is not bad though. I get a Metallic taste. Corny and watery. Smooth finish. Easy drinking. Nothing special here.

Replied to a ad on Craigslist last night for a gangbang. Got loaded on coors light and headed over and had a little fun with Amy and her 6 friends. Hey-yo

1.72/5  rDev -15.7%

Review from memory (had at a wedding a few weeks back). Pours a sickly yellow with almost no head to speak of. Aroma is negligible, with some corn and maybe a touch of very light bread dough and sweetness. Taste mirrors this, corn, water, not much else. Mouthfeel is the same as all the big 3, fizzy, yet not lively or interesting. Overall, probably the best of the big 3 for me, better than bud light and miller light.

2.12/5  rDev +3.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

Is this beer? Nice label though. Very low body, watery, flavorless, odorless. I didn´t even like it for outdoor activities or anything. Very forgetable drink.,

2.81/5  rDev +37.7%

I have a 355ml bottle in Australia it is coors only no (coors light). pours a clear pale golden with a medium white head. Sweet malt aroma with corn and malt. Taste similar to aroma, sweet and watery light bitterness on the finish. I’ll take it over bud light that’s forsure.

2.5/5  rDev +22.5%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

That about sums it up. Its does not taste bad, but it doesnt have alot of taste- at all.
It is refreshing, but probably the worst out of the Bud, Miller, Coors trio.

1.43/5  rDev -29.9%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

I think I'd rather not drink beer than to drink Coors Light. Maybe I'm biased because I used to know a bunch of douche bags who swore this was far better than the inferior cheap beers such as keystone and the beast. It's all crap.

3.13/5  rDev +53.4%

Draft with Capone's $.25 hot wings it was the only other $2.25 domestic option and I didn't feel like an expensive beer. My usual lager was terrible, don't know what was up with that but that got returned after 2 sips ...

Looks like yellow fizzy macro lager should look. Not much aroma, what's there smells ok bready malt. Taste follows, no hop presence to speak off but that's ok once in a while. Clean, moderately crisp and easy to drink. Went good with the wings.

It's what you expect and really not that bad on draft which I've had before. Can is terrible we do not accept that if offered.

Coors Light from Coors Brewing Company