Coors Light - Coors Brewing Company

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Coors Light Alström Bros
first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50 | 51-75  | next › last
Reviews: 1,194 | Hads: 4,598
2.63/5  rDev +25.8%

12 oz. bottling into a Pint Glass

A - Clear, pale straw in color with visible and moderately fast rising carbonation. Head is slightly frothy and white (dissipates quickly to next to nothing). 3/5

S - Light malt. Very slight sweet note. Grassy hops. 2.5/5

T - Extremely light malt. Grainy. Cereal. Slight hops note at the back end. Very little bitterness. 2.5/5

M - Scrubbing bubbles carbonation sensation. Very light and crisp. No drying astringency. 3/5

O - Good for what it is. Not as good as Miller Lite in my book but better than Bud Light. Good with or without food, preferably on a hot day. 2.75/5 (626 characters)

3.81/5  rDev +82.3%

I love beer and I drink it every day. At (age) 62, carbs are an important factor. High carbs = high weight gain. Must keep the carbs at or below 5.5g/beer. I want to be treated right with a beer's alcohol content too, which is just as important to me as any other attribute. Coors Light is always an excellent choice for me. The aroma, flavor, after burp, 4.2 ABV and at 5g carbs Coors Light is a great beer. A straight shot about every three beers or so makes up for the slightly lower alcohol content. I love the flavor the aluminum can adds, but the flavor of Coors Light from the bottle is fine too. Adolf Coors (who became a proud American) went to a lot of trouble to find the right water with which to brew a great beer and I think he did. I think he'd be proud of Coors Light. (784 characters)

2.89/5  rDev +38.3%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

I much prefer the taste over most other domestic mass produced beer. Cold on a hot day, or with some cheap wings watching a game. Not the worst thing in the world. (163 characters)

2.12/5  rDev +1.4%
look: 3 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.5

it's just kinda there....more trouble than it's worth using the energy to open the bottle, pour and drink. I gave my 12 pack away after drinking a few...I put 3 bottles in the freezer for a couple hours before drinking to make it a little more interesting...very weird little buzz (281 characters)

look: 1.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2.25

People totally hate on beers like this and bud light without thinking about what it actually is. Beers like this are not made to be delicious or magnificent. This is what I call a "glass of water beer". It has two purposes to be refreshing and to get you a buzz. Would I rather have a nice craft beer? Yes. But if im im the mood for something inexpensive and "decent" its better than nothing. If you hate it so much then shut up and dont drink it and stop posting about how you would rather drink goat piss than this. (521 characters)

3.45/5  rDev +65.1%

One of my least favorite light beers. If i am going for a light beer I rather have a Bud Light, Miller lite or Tecate Light. Coors is not bad though. I get a Metallic taste. Corny and watery. Smooth finish. Easy drinking. Nothing special here. (243 characters)

Replied to a ad on Craigslist last night for a gangbang. Got loaded on coors light and headed over and had a little fun with Amy and her 6 friends. Hey-yo (156 characters)

1.72/5  rDev -17.7%

Review from memory (had at a wedding a few weeks back). Pours a sickly yellow with almost no head to speak of. Aroma is negligible, with some corn and maybe a touch of very light bread dough and sweetness. Taste mirrors this, corn, water, not much else. Mouthfeel is the same as all the big 3, fizzy, yet not lively or interesting. Overall, probably the best of the big 3 for me, better than bud light and miller light. (424 characters)

2.81/5  rDev +34.4%

I have a 355ml bottle in Australia it is coors only no (coors light). pours a clear pale golden with a medium white head. Sweet malt aroma with corn and malt. Taste similar to aroma, sweet and watery light bitterness on the finish. I’ll take it over bud light that’s forsure. (279 characters)

2.5/5  rDev +19.6%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

Eh.

That about sums it up. Its does not taste bad, but it doesnt have alot of taste- at all.
It is refreshing, but probably the worst out of the Bud, Miller, Coors trio. (170 characters)

1.43/5  rDev -31.6%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

I think I'd rather not drink beer than to drink Coors Light. Maybe I'm biased because I used to know a bunch of douche bags who swore this was far better than the inferior cheap beers such as keystone and the beast. It's all crap. (230 characters)

3.13/5  rDev +49.8%

Draft with Capone's $.25 hot wings it was the only other $2.25 domestic option and I didn't feel like an expensive beer. My usual lager was terrible, don't know what was up with that but that got returned after 2 sips ...

Looks like yellow fizzy macro lager should look. Not much aroma, what's there smells ok bready malt. Taste follows, no hop presence to speak off but that's ok once in a while. Clean, moderately crisp and easy to drink. Went good with the wings.

It's what you expect and really not that bad on draft which I've had before. Can is terrible we do not accept that if offered. (596 characters)

1.15/5  rDev -45%

This beer for me does not deserve a review, I simply hate this kind of colored water I don't understand why a lot of american people love this beer... ? (152 characters)

3.08/5  rDev +47.4%

This is the beer for a 95 degree day when you just finished the mowing. It's also good for fried foods or foods where you don't want the flavor getting in the way of the food's flavor. It's basic, watery, but sometimes that hits the spot. (238 characters)

Big isn't bad when it comes to beer. Coors light is a nice, mild tasing beer that you can drink without a bitter beer face. Hoppier isn't better, period..... (157 characters)

2.55/5  rDev +22%

It's hot out... I'm on the beach and don't want to be hammered on a session beer of better quality. Don't be mad, it's still good to pay hommage to college... This is not a good beer though LOL. (197 characters)

1.54/5  rDev -26.3%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.5

The mountains were blue but that didn't help the flavor much.

Strikingly pale in color. The nose was too non-existent to be considered good or bad. This was a watery waste of time. (184 characters)

3.65/5  rDev +74.6%
look: 5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 5 | overall: 3.25

Great beer year round. Everything about this beer is refreshing to me. The look, taste, feel, and smell. Very bad if it's not extremely cold because I would say there's not much taste but when you need something to quench your thirst this would be it. (254 characters)

Five Stars to mess with you nerds! Get over yourselves....craft beer is great but there is nothing wrong with a great drinking smooth lager once in a while. (157 characters)

2.5/5  rDev +19.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

As mentioned in my Bud Light review, I decided to do a side by side by side review of the "Big Three" American light beers. I was actually quite surprised by Coors Light. I had never had it before, so I wasn't sure what to expect, but it actually wasn't too bad. It's still behind Bud Light however. It doesn't taste as corny as Miller Lite, which is good, because I like the rice taste a bit better than the corn taste. (424 characters)

3.16/5  rDev +51.2%

as far as commercial light beers this one is superior at 5 carbs. Doesn't taste bad, either. It's my choice for the US commercial circuit. Still leaves something to be desired though, I believe it's hops. (207 characters)

1.9/5  rDev -9.1%

Was down in Vegas when someone bought me one of these in the big bloody can that everyone seems to walk around with. Now I've had the Canadian version on many occasion, of which I am not a fan but bloody well taste like the finest champagne in comparison. This was watery and lacked any noticeable flavour especially after the first couple sips which was strange as the can was super cold to start which I can understand the flavour being held back. As it warmed up it tasted like warm dirty water.Needless to say I didn't even get half way through the can. (560 characters)

1.33/5  rDev -36.4%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

Poured from a pitcher into a Pilsner.
A: pale yellow, little head, I suppose it would be disrespectful to say it was time to clean the fish tank.
S: undetectable, faint aroma
T: a bit unpleasant, mild, uninteresting
M: thin, slight carbonation
O: unpleasant, a bit nasty, not so bad after a few sips, I would drink this on a hot day if I was thirsty (351 characters)

2.4/5  rDev +14.8%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Appearance: pale straw with a fizzy white foam cap. Smell: smells like nothing – corny if anything with a little green apple Taste: crisp with apple, maybe a little corn, no hops, balanced towards the malt – what little there is. Mouthfeel: thin, light, watery, high carbonation, slight carbonic bight. (306 characters)

1.63/5  rDev -22%

L- looks like yellow water. Head lasted about 30 seconds.

S- Lightly scented like a lager.

T- Mostly water, some of those adjunct flavors and a very generic beer flavor.

F- Bubbly mouthfeel. Goes down easy.

O- Inoffensive and bland. Advertise anything well enough and sheeple will buy it. None of that pesky flavor to get in the way of drinkability. Eh. (367 characters)

first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50 | 51-75  | next › last