2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Coors Light - Coors Brewing Company

Coors LightCoors Light

awful

awful

rAvg: 2

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001)
Ratings: 3,361 | Reviews: 1,114 | Show All Ratings:
Retroman40

Kentucky

1.96/5  rDev -2%

Coors Light is the one beer to drink if you're drinking 99 - that's because it's pretty much slightly beer flavored water. I poured a 12 ounce bottle into a very clean pint glass.

A - Very pale straw color with minimal head retention.

S - Faint smell of some grains and adjuncts.

T - 100% Adjunct taste - absolutely no hops or any bitterness.

M - Extremely thin, horrible almost wine like finish.

O - Considering the price, this is a terrible excuse for beer.

02-09-2014 11:09:45 | More by Retroman40
aqualung23

1.2/5  rDev -40%

BA says that reviews should have something constructive, but that's very difficult with this one. As I'm sure most of us on here are not generally fans of American mega brewery light "beers" (I have a hard time calling this beer), I think Coors light stands above them all as probably the worst mass produced brew from any major company. It is simply too watered down to be an enjoyable beer, and I will sadly admit that I think less of people when they order it.

12-24-2013 18:27:14 | More by aqualung23
RingoBro

2.23/5  rDev +11.5%
look: 2 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

I lived on this stuff in college. It was better than Busch Light, and I preferred it over the similar Bud Light and Miller Light. You know it's not a good beer when they need to use some marketing (blue mountains) to let you know your beer is cold. While funny, it's stupid. I know the difference between a cold and warm beer and this is one you definitely want to drink cold.

Unless you're looking for quantity > quality, I'd suggest you pick up another beer.

12-05-2013 04:23:43 | More by RingoBro
brewbattles

2.13/5  rDev +6.5%
look: 1.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2 | overall: 2

We did a blind taste test with this beer against five other light american lagers to objectively determine which one is best. The beers were Coors Light, Bud Light, Miller Light, Natural Light, and Pabst Blue Ribbon. You can check it out here:

11-08-2013 05:37:29 | More by brewbattles
gregO59

this is the worst beer product I have ever tasted . This is like beer flavored water . when I open a cooler at a party and see nothing but coors lite I get in my car and go buy real beer. don't understand the mindset of people who drink this shit.

appearance - looks like water with yellow coloring

smell- no discernible smell

taste- horrible

mouthfeel- watery

overall- complete waste of money spend a couple of more bucks and get something that tastes
like beer.

people that drink this shit are clueless.

11-07-2013 21:34:21 | More by gregO59
Tobeezues

Washington

3.83/5  rDev +91.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 4

I love craft beer more than the next guy. More. I'm from the Portland metro area. I am blessed with countless microbreweries from Seattle to PDX. However, I love coors light. It's amazing. How could you down on such a smooth beer. Love is all I have for it.

10-23-2013 08:05:10 | More by Tobeezues
SingularWalker

Georgia

1.54/5  rDev -23%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.5

appearance: pale yellow and watery, much like a urine sample

smell: not much of a scent at all, a little like dirty dish water

taste: sweet, bland, very much like befouled water

mouthfeel: very carbonated

overall: not really a "beer", more of a watery alcohol delivery system.

serving type: bottle

10-13-2013 21:12:12 | More by SingularWalker
Captain_Komamura

1.36/5  rDev -32%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2

Appearance - Hay colored beer, with a light head

Smell - I could barely smell anything, just a little metallic smell.

Taste - It is a watery taste. The hops and other ingredients are present but not that strong. The aftertaste is not pleasant.

Mouthfeel - Over carbonated, but it is refreshing.

Overall - It is not one of my favorites of the BMC's , but definitely not the worst.

10-07-2013 03:49:09 | More by Captain_Komamura
jlindros

2.48/5  rDev +24%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2.5

Well, I needed something to dry hop so I could figure out what hops they are, and this was the best option from what I hear. I can definitely confirm that this beer is as cold as the Rockies thanks to the mountains on the bottle turning blue, so it's "super cold"!!!

Decent looking creamy head that is fairly small though, actually a bit of lacing too, super clear watery yellowish color.

Nose isn't as bad as I expected, very light pilsner malt, watery malt, a definite corn base and adjunct aroma but not really skunked, overall pretty light though.

Taste is there but barely, just a bit of a straw grainy pilsner malt, then into the obvious corn base and adjunct fake malt substitution like, hint of unhappy sulfury lager, and faint skunk. Finish is dryish, light skunk and unhappy lager sulfur, touch of corn lingering.

Mouth is practically non existent, light carb too.

Overall not as bad as I expected, although still pretty light and lackluster but that's what an American adjunct lager is supposed to be.

09-28-2013 19:56:35 | More by jlindros
time01

1.04/5  rDev -48%

Lets just say if I go out with people and they order a Coors Light They go down a notch in my book. I was glad to have one of these beers when I was 16 but it truly is just terrible.
It tastes like urine and smells horrible, the aftertaste makes me want to gag.

08-22-2013 15:28:00 | More by time01
Libationguy

Nevada

1.88/5  rDev -6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2

Brilliant light straw color with a thin, bright white head. No head retention.

Corn chips, cabbage, canned corn and slightly fruity underneath it all.

Cardboard, burnt sugar, cooked cabbage, canned corn.

Medium- body with a clean short finish.

I just don't understand.

07-23-2013 23:36:40 | More by Libationguy
DeFaz

1.75/5  rDev -12.5%

Claiming to be a slight step up from the other famous macro beers, this really just doesn't impress at all. It's way too watery, and the flavor profile is limited to corn and just a touch of hops and malt, mostly from adjuncts. Yes, this will go down fast (if you can stand the smell and taste), but in the end it's just another very light beer. Good for frat parties but bad for those who are looking for a quality brew. Spend another two bucks per six pack and you can treat yourself to a decent beer.

07-16-2013 00:20:37 | More by DeFaz
trombley49

2.61/5  rDev +30.5%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3

Its my go to beer when I am at a place that only serves big name beers. This is not a great beer by any means but an okay beer at a concert or sporting event. I buy this beer when i have to share with friends. I enjoy the fact that the mountains turn blue if the beer is cold.

07-15-2013 12:55:53 | More by trombley49
EricThompsono

Strictly a "I made some bad life choices and now Im broke as shit" beer. If this is your beer of choice then you either need to hang out with people who drink good beer or just quit drinking all together. If your over the age of concent there is no valid excuse for this beer being in your refrigerator.

06-21-2013 22:33:19 | More by EricThompsono
FLima

Brazil

2.74/5  rDev +37%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

This beer brings me a lot of memories, it was back 20 years ago my favorite session beer.
Refreshing aroma of vanilla lemon.
Light golden color with a thin head with low retention.
Very crisp flavor, probably uses more rice than corn as an adjunct once you don't get much of the usual annoying cardboard. Hints of pine and flowers, its best quality.
Mildly dry with a refreshing aftertaste.
Watery body with medium carbonation.
Really a thirst quencher, given its body is too light. But it has no off-flavors as most adjunct lagers. I would like to see a premium version of this, more malty and quadruplicating its hops with the same yeast.

06-21-2013 22:26:23 | More by FLima
guityler83

Wisconsin

2.71/5  rDev +35.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3

A: I was assured the bottle I was about to consume was not only cold, but Super Cold indicated by the snowy rocky peaks on the front of the bottle. Since this was the case, I immediatly poured it into a pint glass aggresively so as not to miss out on the super coldness. Doing this I was greated by a four finger head that fell quickly allowing me to pour the rest of the beer into the glass. The body was a straw yellow color, a shade lighter than a baby chick.

S: While I would normally use my sence of smell to determine if the beer was cold the visual indicator took my attention away from the temperature and more towards the corn like scent and mineral like vibe of the beer.

T: A subtle taste of corn sweetness and a musty foot like vibe.

M: Crisp and cleeeeann. High Carbonation and low low body.

O: Of the light lagers this one is probably my prefered. Super clean and crisp but drink it cold in the bottle.

06-18-2013 02:25:42 | More by guityler83
ValpoExpo

2.5/5  rDev +25%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Has been my "Go-To" domestic beer for quite a few years. As long as the mountains are blue this beer will quench your thirst better than any of the other Macrobrew light options. Also, when Sam Eliot does the voiceover for you commercials you can't go wrong.

06-13-2013 20:52:38 | More by ValpoExpo
gtp537

Wisconsin

2.03/5  rDev +1.5%

For what it is, it is refreshing, light, and without any negative attributes. I just would not say that it has any stand out ones either. Very light in color, nominal aroma, water/corn-esque flavor, and does not linger long on the pallet. But those mountains sure were blue!

05-29-2013 01:37:42 | More by gtp537
Mojave_Ted

3.14/5  rDev +57%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

I find it strange, even unconscionably ludicrous, that nearly all reviewers judge this beer subjectively, not objectively.

Coors Light is not a pretentious beer. It is crisp, clean and low in cals and carbs. It is NOT meant to be judged against HIGH END micro-brews and the ilk. This is swill and should ONLY be judged against other swill. I mean, if it is 110F in the Mojave Desert, are you really going to be tilting back a "Super Oatmeal Irish Imported Double-XX Peat Bogging Super Stout Bock" or some such ridiculous thing? NO. You'd be doubled over puking through your gross over grown unkempt beard and fat belly.

Coors Light is what it is; a fairly refreshing, light, mildly fizzy beer. Among the choices you have, it compares nicely in all categories to all of them. Miller Lite has a bit better taste, but who knows where that come from? Kangaroo piss?

If it's gonna push 110F outside and the ice chest needs to be pushed to its max, I recommend Coors Light. The cost and the ease of drinking will not bug you.

The bottles are THE BEST. The cans do a good job and that is what I typically drink. From a TAP? Whoa.. I recommend you go gag yourself for a while over a roadkill opossum because that is NOT how this beer was designed to be served. It is a light pilsner and should come from a single serving container.

04-22-2013 01:29:47 | More by Mojave_Ted
idfancher

Indiana

3.78/5  rDev +89%

This has always been my go to beer. I enjoy it at all times of the year. It is a typical light beer with a clean pour, look, and taste. I do find that if it isn't served very cold it can leave a lingering unpleasant taste on the mouth. However, if I cannot find anything new or different to drink I always go for Coors Light.

03-31-2013 21:36:48 | More by idfancher
KYGunner

Kentucky

2.14/5  rDev +7%
look: 1 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

Served during March Madness by my father in.law. Very thin yellow hue with tons of carbonation. So much so that the bubbles coat the glass to a point of obstruction.

The scent is of sweet corn and cereal like grains. Very weak and thin in scent there is some notable graininess mixed with a metallic aroma.

Tastes of corny graininess with a little cereal malt. Very light and crisp its understandable why someone would drink this for inebriation as its very easy to drink, as it should.

03-22-2013 19:40:08 | More by KYGunner
BeerKangaroo

Alaska

2.41/5  rDev +20.5%

Hey, I've never done this, huh, how about that, fancy that I have this free in my hand right now in a non-iced pint glass, ok, well, here goes:

A: transparent clear yellow body, no head, no lacing

S: corn/rice adjuncts coming through sweet

T: sweet through previously mentioned flavors

M: light, sessionable, that's about all I can really say

O: well, it fits the style, slightly,, uh . . . . would I have this again, hmmmm . . . probably not, currently this party I'm at is extremely boring as I decided to sit here and find that this isn't that great

03-09-2013 04:12:05 | More by BeerKangaroo
WilliamAlbrecht

Lord how I wish there was a ZERO available here. Am I being too harsh? No, not at all. This is an AWFUL beer. Drinkable? No. Pour yourself a tall glass of MINERAL water if you need the carbonation. This beer is JUNK.

The appearance is awful. Almost hazy and zero head. Yes. Zero head. Zero lacing. Zero everything. Smells like something disgusting. Tastes awful. Fizzy at best...this is carbonated for sure--does not taste like a lager or a pilsner or even a LIGHT BEER for that matter! The mouthfeel is nothing I want to share. This tastes like polluted water. Overall this is an AWFUL beer. You won't see a person who values their calories or their beer drinking this junk.

02-21-2013 07:06:15 | More by WilliamAlbrecht
BlueRidgeBeerHound

ive drank 500 gallons, will drink 500 gallons more. this is a beer to cut your teeth on, to be a teenager with, to be outdoors with, to drink and drink and drink on long summer days with no water and find a decent forgiveness in the morning. this is the beer of smokey and the bandit, smokey runnin coolers of coors across old man river mississippi so all we east least can get a taste of the Rockies. this is the beer of Golden Colorado, Shelby County Tennessee, the Shenandoah Valley in Virginia, and every raging prom party worth a bucket of spit and a Kid Rock song. I drink it when the mountains turn BLUE.

02-07-2013 02:49:59 | More by BlueRidgeBeerHound
DaveBlack

2.28/5  rDev +14%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

A buddy of mine works for MillerCoors and occasionally gets some free stuff, and gave me a six pack. My mom's beer of choice, and I made sure that my mountains were blue so that it's at its ideal temp. Let's see how it goes.

A: Incredibly pale straw yellow. Not even as dark as ginger ale, but that is what the color reminds me of. There's a pretty good finger head on it, but it has zero retention and lacing.

S: There's a corn-like sweetness, and not a whole lot else.

T: Wow. I used to sip my moms when I was little, and I remembered it being better than this. The taste is slightly grainy, but there isn't much on the front. It's the aftertaste that really gets me. While it might still be described as grainy, there's something there that is both metallic and fruity.

M: Think soda water, and you're about there. Impressively light, with quite a hit of carbonation.

O: Honestly, if it wasn't for the mouth-kicking aftertaste, it would be a fine beer. Maybe the problem is that I poured it into a glass and opened the favors... In any case, like any other beer, I'll drink them as long as they're free and there's nothing equally free available.

02-01-2013 01:56:44 | More by DaveBlack