Coors Light - Coors Brewing Company

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Coors Light Alström Bros
Ratings: 4,570 | Reviews: 1,321
3.05/5  rDev +51.7%

The best thing about this beer is that you can drink about 100 and still be able to walk straight. It is very very light and very very easy to put back, so becareful, and try to focuse on the fact that it is not water, and an infinate imbiation night will probably lead to nothing good. Don't drink and review.

2.24/5  rDev +11.4%

Coors Light...the silver bullet....the expensive of the american macro lagers.

A- Light yellow pale color

T- This beer is very watered down. Like drinking water with beer in it. Corn and light hops. High carbonation, making it good for those hot summer days.

Made for mass quantity drinking.

1.83/5  rDev -9%

After many years drinking Coors Light and switching in the last two years to more complex brews. I wonder what the hell was I thinking and drinking. Recently, I venture to the world of Coors Light and the experience was disappointing. No matter if it comes from a bottle, tap, or can, like many light beers, the aroma, taste, and body is not apparent. The only good think about this brew is that you can drink it all night. I quess a proper thank you to Coors Light is in place for supplying my youth with inexpensive and tasteless beer. Thank You.

1.62/5  rDev -19.4%
look: 1.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

This beer poured a very light gold color with a large head that disappeared quickly. If it were any lighter in color I'd swear this was Sprite or 7-up. Aroma was fruity with a good amount of corn mixed in the nose. I could taste some malt, but it had mostly a sweet, lemony flavor along with a grainy corn taste. I could detect no hop bitterness at all. Mouthfeel was very light in the palate. The only way I could see drinking this again would be on a very hot summer day when nothing else was available. Not recommended.

1.5/5  rDev -25.4%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

A- Pale yellow, not the lightest out there. Head is dirty looking and thankfully doesn't stay to haunt too long.

S- There is nothing in the nose to be too offensive but I find offense to that. Grainy and slightly sweet.

T&M- I don't taste malt but the beer is sweet in character. Some grain and rough. No hop bitterness. Finish is clean with some sweet aftertaste. Taste does not improve as it warms which it will do since it is hard to continue to drink this atrocity to beerdom. It frankly becomes undrinkable. Carbonation is slightly lower than in Bud Light or Miller Lite.

D- This is the worst of the Big Three in my opinion. If they would spend more money and make better beers than trying to repackage or remarket these, I might try it again but as it stands, BMC is dead to me. Coors Light also is like instant hangover for me. After two, I get a headache and I want to orge and I'm still at the bar.

2.43/5  rDev +20.9%

For what it is, it isn't all that bad. It has the same apperance and charactaristics as other Macro Light beers. However, it has a bit more flavor and is easy to drink. This type of beer is meant to be easy to drink, and it does it's job well. Overall if you are looking for a decent light beer I'd go with this one. Just don't smell it.

2.13/5  rDev +6%

What a wonderful, golden color! The thick, foamy head lasts for approximately 13 seconds, but its wonderful while it lasts! I can actually read the fine print on my mortgage through the glass. That's Rocky Mountain cold!

The smell is a wonderful mix of rice and every bar pitcher I've ever seen. I accidentally spilled some on my pants and it made no impression in stain or moisture. It reminds me of a restroom for some reason.

You can really taste the Frost Brew® liner. It really adds that extra oomph that you don't get from lesser microbrews. Best to drink it ice cold. If only some of the inferior microbrews in this country could learn this so-called Frost Brewing® technique. I think I actually tasted one of the Rocky Mountains, though I can't identify which one. I'm tapping the Rockies!

Goes down like seltzer water: a fizzy concoction that will get you drunk for cheap, though if you've been drinking microbrews all day, it will probably help you sober up. As it says on the can: "Nothing's more refreshing than an ice cold Coors Light!" What a wonderful lager! The Silver Bullet!

1.91/5  rDev -5%

I had this beer this evening after a long vacation away from Coors and being spoiled by a brilliant array of Belgian, French, and American beers that I have found at either Whole Foods or Shoreline Beverage. I was thirsty for something different and the little news stand near the Chinese place on the way home obliged me with a Coors Light.

I brought it home and poured it right into my 50cl glass and the pale yellow beer seemed to respond with an average marco brew head. My first taste was foam and water after the faint smell of beer invited me in for round one. I liked the Coors with the spicy Chinese beef and broccoli, but there was nothing more to it. It sort of vanished quickly.

I admitted to being slightly disappointed with the Coors Light as a poor replacement for Tsing Tao, but I could see where thirsty masses as football games might like this on hot days.

2.88/5  rDev +43.3%

Drank a few cans of this last night so here's the review. Color looks pale and nasty yellow...I love IPA's and pilsners that are light colored, but this looks thin and nasty. The taste is predominatly carbonated water, tastes like they added instant beer flavor to it. Really fizzy soda-pop beer.

Good stuff: it's balanced, and it's so light I could probably drink a whole case, but why would I want to? Cute little hoppy bite, definately nothing to write home about. Not really much to say here, except that I feel like I'm drinking an unsweetened Sprite. Drink only when absolutely neccessary.

2.35/5  rDev +16.9%

Poured a pale yellow with a very small head that dissipated rather quickly. No lacing. Light carbonation can be seen rising.

Aroma was like very bad white wine and some sweet corn. Curious.

Taste was of light malts, light corn, light hops. I guess that is why it is called a light lager. Crisp. Pretty basic macro light lager taste.

Mouthfeel was cleansing with some light spritzyness to it.

Overall, it was not as offensive as expected [not exactly a ringing endorsement]. Better than many other beers of the style. Best served ice cold since not much to taste. Of course, I wouldn't want to drink many...but could if the need arose.

2.43/5  rDev +20.9%

My parents' favorite beer. Also a local favorite for some reason...

A- Thin, clear, yellowish almost a greenish tinge. Lightly carbonated. No head.

S- Nothing to speak of. Kinda like seltzer water with chlorophyl.

T- Thin, watery, sometimes pungent after a big gulp.

M- Diet pop residue left in the mouth. Thin, but crisp.

D- Well if you wanna you could drink this for a week straight. Easy to drink, but you get nothing from it.

1.87/5  rDev -7%

Looks like any other American light macro: pale and not much head.

Nose has a lot of corn. Not surpsisingly no hops present in the armoa.

As far as flavor is concerned... it's honestly the best option when compared to the rest. I guess you could say it's the tallest midget, better than Bud Light or Miller Light. Remember how your mother always said "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"? That's kind of what I'm doing here.

2.2/5  rDev +9.5%

*sigh*

Ok, I had this at a party this weekend. The host offered it to me, with the statement "I knew you were going to be here, so I was going to get something fancy like Rolling Rock, but didn't have time." She wasn't kidding.

Appearance is pale yellow, no head.

Smell is corny. No hops.

Taste is corn, sweetness, but clean.

Mouthfeel is like distilled water...absolutely nothing here.

Despite all of that, it is highly drinkable from the standpoint of being so utterly bland that it's inoffensive.

1.97/5  rDev -2%

At my girlfriend's parents this past weekend, I went searching through the refrigerator looking for something to help ease the pain of some spicy Korean food. The Silver Fucking Bullet? I haven't had this in years. Sure why not?

I wanted to be fair and go in with an open mind. I poured the can into a pint glass. It's watery and yellow, not much head. It actually smelled a lot better than I remember. Perhaps the spicy food had dulled my olfactory or perhaps it wasn't a terrible smelling lager. Either way, the taste was pretty much as I remembered: not very good. I searched for that Rocky Mountain refreshment but didn't find it.

I drank about half of it and then switched to warm Brita filtered water, which actually seemed less watery. Oh well...

Ah yes, the universally panned beer. The dreaded, hated, evil light macro. Coors Light is 'drinkable', though, to the extent that it tastes like Perrier water.

Appearance: unimpressive clear light yellow. Head fizzles away in record timing.

Smell: some traces of malt, mostly corn and wheat. Inoffensive, but nothing to write home about.

Taste and Mouthfeel: mild carbonated bite, corny malt flavour, watery finish, no aftertaste.

Drinkability: it's quaffable, but so is H2O. While I prefer this to some of the higher strength macros like Bud and Fosters, it's still a forgettable mass-market nothing beer.

2.3/5  rDev +14.4%

Football tailgating leaves a lot to be desired for the better beer drinker so I reverted back to college days of excessive imbibition of macro funk as there was no other option except liquor and wanted to remember the game if I could. This could be easily drunk after exercise as it is ridiculously watery and devoid of taste. What taste there is consists of cereal grains, corn and other adjuncts. I imagine Adolph Coors wouldn't be thrilled to have his name associated with this swill. I can't believe how much of this stuff I used to drink. Yikes.

2.5/5  rDev +24.4%

Very clear golden yellow. Head dissapated quikly with no lace on top or sides. It has more um, aroma?, than taste. Mostly light grain smell plus some malt. Taste is well balanced but has some sort of off flavor. I think it comes from the water used. I taste it everytime I drink a Coors product. It's not that great but I buy a twelve pack now and again.

1.56/5  rDev -22.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

First of all, to be fair, I remember having this beer in the past and it actually tasting a little better than it did when I just poured it. The smell of this beer is a very off smelling odor. I can't really pinpoint what it is. The taste is basically the same. There is absolutely no trace of any malt or hops, but there is a very off tasting bite that is not pleasant at all. Again, to be fair, maybe the can I poured this from was just a bad batch. That said, from this taste test, plus memories of the past from this brew, I can say this probably my least favorite of the macro light beers. The problem is that not only is there not even a hint of malt or hop taste to the beer, but the brew has a very off tasting bite which makes it not pleasant to drink. By the way, I am careful to always review by style, as I believe there are actually good macros out there. If you want a macro, try a Schlit, as it is light years better than this stuff.

2.33/5  rDev +15.9%

If you ever wanna drink a beer that tastes exactly like water then you have found it. Although a Coors Light may be refreshing on a hot summers day it is not something you want to keep as the cornerstone of your collection. I came back to this old timer after years exploring other beers. And the same holds true, the main appeal of this beer,to me, is its ability to not taste really like beer at all. It is definately a light beer in the truest sense of the word.

Wow that new frost liner really works, I guess, I pour beer into a glass. However, first sip can't you taste the Rockie Montains? Well if you can your taste buds are way better then mine. The beer poured an unappealing light yellow that looks almost clear. The smell and taste where almost non-existant. The mouthfeel was light was felt like I was drinking spoiled water. I had to dump this beer because each sip made me cringe.

1.8/5  rDev -10.4%

In my long beer journey, I've found that there is only one beer that I will nearly always turn down - Coors Light. Yet the time has come to try and give it a fair look, so here we go.

Pours from a curious bottle - purchased across the river in Detroit, here's a pint-sized plastic bottle with a cola-style twist cap. Lack of French on the label is momentarily disorienting, as is the lack of brown glass. Moving on, though. Pours into my pint glass an extremely, tragically translucent straw yellow, more translucent than any beer I've ever tried before. Visible carbonation and chill haze. It's no wonder people drink this straight out of the bottle. Topped by an impressive two fingers of head initially, but it quickly becomes apparant that said head is merely the result of heavy carbonation - it dies down within twenty seconds to a few faint rings, though it does leave some lacing. It could be worse, but this is not appetizing.

Smell is non-descript. Not egregiously bad, but not really pleasant, either. Quite sweet. Faint corn, cereal grain, a touch of indistinct spice. Bready. No hops. At all. Almost apple-cider-ish. Not as bad as I've made it out to be in my mind over the past few years (though I'd be interested to compare the Canadian and American bottlings of the product), but uninteresting.

Taste is likewise not so hot. Very, very sweet. Apple cider character comes through, as does an almost bubblegum sweetness. Hints of corn and cereal grain. Just the slightest hint of bready malts, but literally no hops detectable. Finishes.. ever-so-slightly dry, with a bready aftertaste, but a cloying sweetness. Again, not egregiously offensive, but not really appealing, either. Corn asserts itself if the brew begins to warm even slightly - if you've got to drink this guy, drink him cold and drink him fast.

Mouthfeel is weak. Heavy effervescence, and a very watery mouthfeel are some of this beer's defining characteristics. It's also not particularly drinkable - though you could probably chug three of this in ten minutes, why would you want to? The heavy carbonation makes my stomach feel awful, and this stuff is close enough to water that you're better off with water.

It's easy to see why Coors Light is so popular. When cold, it's virtually tasteless (especially from the bottle) - inoffensive, and arguably refreshing, given its characteristic similarity to water. But... in the long run, I would take virtually any beer over Coors Light, and really feel bad for some of the people who truly think that it is the be all and end all of beer.

2.15/5  rDev +7%

Pours, from a "Frost Brew Liner" can, a very pale yellow. It is very clear. It looks like water with a little lemonade mixed in. The head is small and white. It fades very fast, leaving no laces at all. It dosent even look like it ever had any head.

This beer smells slightly of corn. It has a very slight spicy aroma, but that might just be a figment of my imagination, of maybe the glass was not cleaned properly, and I can smell the last beer I had in it.

This beer is very lacking in any flavor at all. To simply talk shit about the adjuncts it is made with would be ignorant. I am having problems tasting anything at all. It does have a very slightly spicy flavor. Now I am trying to remember if I cleaned my glass.

This beer is crisp. It is as thin as water. I dont like it, so I wouldnt call it refreshing. It is carbonated well for the style. It leaves no aftertaste at all.

I think this beer would make a good session beer if you could stomach the flavor, or lack there of. Low alcohol makes it easy to put down a few.

Overall: I dont see how people could drink this shit. If they put a little flavor in it I might drink it. Water tastes better.

1.69/5  rDev -15.9%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

Coors Light is straw in color and actively carbonated, with a grainy, cardboard- like aroma that is indicative of a beer brewed with adjuncts. It offers the taste of cereal grains, corn sugar, and little or no hops in the finish. It is very light and watery in taste, making it a good beer choice when you don’t really want to taste beer.

Coors Light is one of the top selling beers in the world, but don’t let this convince you that Coors Light sells well because of its quality. In reality, this is a poor excuse for a beer, with little or no taste and a flavor profile similar to its parent brew. It’s a beer to forget.

1.11/5  rDev -44.8%

Coors Light has a very watery taste, with little malt or hop influence. The colour is a very light yellow, and this relates to its light flavour. This beer has so little character, one has to wonder why so many people drink it. It would seem that most drink it to be social, as they feel the need to drink something, and this is the tamest it gets.

1.93/5  rDev -4%

A - It is a pale yellow that is highly carbonated. You actually can get a head on it if you pour it well enough. However, it doesn't last.

S - Smells of corn.

T - The corn flavor comes through. There may also be a hint of hops.

M - It is crisp but also can be a little too fizzy.

D - When it's free it's always drinkable. When your choices are limited to just Bud Light and Coors Light. I think I'll always grab the Coors Light.

Coors Light from Coors Brewing Company