Coors Light - Coors Brewing Company

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Coors Light Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,201 | Hads: 4,643
3.28/5  rDev +57.7%

A good light beer if you want to drink more than a few. Very light on the stomach, and has an almost chocolate taste. This beer is good for taking on a fishing trip or camping. Don't expect a great beer, but it is better than most light beers out there. (253 characters)

1.82/5  rDev -12.5%

A -Clear with some yellow tint.

S - There is no scent coming from this beer. If there is, it means it was skunked.

T - To call it flavorless would be putting it "lightly".

M - Great palate cleanser.

D - Easy to drink, like bottled water.

I guess this is what happens when more money is poured into advertising than R&D. (325 characters)

1.75/5  rDev -15.9%

That's not beer...That's COORS !!! You've GOT to be kidding. The Rocky Mountain Freshness must still be in the outside air..Because the can is full of a yellow liquid that has been falsely advertised as beer...Golden. CO has nothing on Rehoboth, DE and the Dogfish Head Brewery.. (279 characters)

2.18/5  rDev +4.8%

poured out of a can. its pale yellow, and fizzy. no real smell just slightly grainy. tastes kind of like something. maybe corn, but honestly there is very little taste there. pretty much feels like drinking carbonated water. drink if there is nothing else. (256 characters)

3.05/5  rDev +46.6%

I am reviewing this with respect to peers, not against every beer out there.

Appearance: Marginal, weak golden hue; 2-finger head takes its time to dissipate

Smell: Water with light generic beer smell

Taste: Watered malt, no hop

Mouthfeel: Smoother than other lights, lends some crisp character, micro-bubbles rush into mouth

Overall: A leader among light, US lagers and the official beer of my Uncle Jimmy; a craft enthusiast will not enjoy this as much (459 characters)

1.48/5  rDev -28.8%

Not sure who this review is going to appeal to. I don't know many beer drinkers that haven't had a Coors Light at some point in their life. Extremely generic. Little to no flavor, very watery. Foamy when poured, but almost scentless, airy foam. Serves the purpose of high volume drinking, useful at least for playing games or long days involving heavy consumption, but otherwise purposeless beer. No idea why anyone would pay for this for any reason other than to drink without feeling too full. (495 characters)

2.09/5  rDev +0.5%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2 | overall: 2

12oz "wide mouth" can with "cold activation", poured into a Weizen glass.

A: Clear, pale amber. Two fingers of head dissipated within a minute to a small circle on the glass' edges. None stuck to the glass as it dissipated.

S: Powerful bouqet smells almost burnt, metallic. Very light fruit notes.

T: Sweet, faint citrus. As Todd mentioned, I tasted banana in the aftertaste.

M: Lingers all around, nothing outstanding to note.

O: Sweet, cheap beer. Nothing more. (468 characters)

1.25/5  rDev -39.9%

When the mountains are blue, it's time to party. That's what my ass says to the toilet before the beer shit explosion speckles my porcelain like a robin's egg. Seriously, my Clorox resigned and hit the road when it saw the damage. Thanks, Coors. My cleaning products would rather stand shivering in the cold waiting for bread rations than deal with the plague you placed upon my colon. (385 characters)

1.17/5  rDev -43.8%

A crappy bear overall. Tastes like metal was mixed in. Beer flavor comes off as metalic and hardly any beer flavor. Drank out of a can. Probably had something to do with the overall beer taste. Would only drink if given to me free even then would probably just drink water. (273 characters)

1.24/5  rDev -40.4%

Perhaps one of the worst lite beers out there. Or one of the worst beers out there, period. In fact, calling this a "beer" is truly an insult to other beers.

Pale yellow color, like a steady urine stream at the end of a long drinking day. Watery taste and mouthfeel. Actually, it tastes more like beer-flavored water. This is surprising, because regular Coors, and the impressive Coors Extra Gold, are fairly decent beers to drink. That this one is so devoid of the taste and character of its bretheren is a mystery to me. Some PC whacko in Golden must be responsible for this crap.

If you like it, good for you. A body does need liquid refreshment. At times, this may even be cheaper than Evian to drink, I'm sure. But before I'll ever drink it again, you'll have to put a "silver bullet" in the back of my head... and then you would have to wedge my mouth open. (869 characters)

1.13/5  rDev -45.7%

Pours an off-yellow color, similar to a Mountain Dew that has been dirt-filtered. Has a wierd smell. My vocabulary is not dynamic enough to accurately describe this smell.
When swallowed, it feels like an off-flavored water.

Congratulations to the Coors marketing team who, somehow, have convinced America that this is what a beer should taste like.

1 out of 5 swills. (376 characters)

2.05/5  rDev -1.4%

Got one 24-oz can of Coors Light to try. I don't mind Coors Original, so I figured, what the hell? I wanted to get two cans/bottles, preferrably to drink one out of a glass and the other straight from the can/bottle. I didn't have high hopes for this one as I wasn't sure whether I should even bother pouring it into the glass, in fear of it being another Bud Light-like disaster. So I took what I had, a 24oz, poured about half into a big pilsener glass, and put the can back in the fridge. Boy am I glad I did... this stuff can't stay cold enough if its life depended on it!

Appearance: Bland. Boring. Dead. Looks about the same shade of yellow as the water in the toilet after my third piss or so, after drinking Mountain Dew for the last several hours (ie. very, very light yellow, crystal clear and watery). Not pretty... not even golden. Just ugly, extremely pale yellow. Clear as can be with a relatively big head at first, which quickly dies down from too much carbonation, again imitating the fizziness of a clean piss. Right after the pour, the carbonation appears to be dying, as the bubbles rising are few and far between. The beer just looks lifeless. In my opinion Miller Lite looks better than this. This pour was an absolute waste visually.

Smell: All I can really say is, clean. Not really offensive at all... I smell some light corn, and not much else. There are maybe two or three other distinctive aromas, none of them bad, but I can't quite put my finger on what they are. Overall, not bad, but not much there to begin with...

Taste: Just seconds after the pour, I took a drink. Not bad... not offensive, but as with the smell, really not much there other than maybe sweet corn and fresh water. Thankfully, contrary to its looks, no pee is present in the taste. A couple more drinks, and the corn-like flavors got to me, getting stronger, making me somewhat nauseous. It warms down *way* too fast... even in under a minute its warmth was enough to take a toll on the taste and smoothness. Some record warming times here. I could kind of taste metallic water on the roof of my mouth when I was done. Aftertaste was like incredibly fresh, clean water... made my mouth water actually. The aftertaste was unbelievable refreshing. If Rocky Mountain water really tastes that good, Coors needs to start selling bottled water.

Mouthfeel: Has that same rough corny (and maybe slightly hoppy?) water mouthfeel as the other major "light" beers if you don't pound it while it's ice cold. I would guess this would go down extremely smooth if you drink it straight from the bottle, after about five minutes in the freezer.

Drinkability: Depends. I strongly recommend you do NOT try pouring this into a glass... it just warms up too fast, and is not worth it. However, I can see this being a decent beer to drink straight from the factory drinking vessel (can or bottle). Who knows, maybe the metallic taste it leaves on the roof of the mouth would not exist out of a bottle. I could see this being an excellent beer to slam after drinking some good stuff to finish off the night, or as a lawnmower beer if you drink it fast enough on a hot day.

[Edit: This is actually the case. That "freshness" I experienced was, in fact, the metal from the can leaving a taste in the actual beer. This beer has a fresh, metallic taste out of the can, but a bready, weak taste straight from the bottle.]

If you want an easy-going slow drinker and not have to worry about it getting too warm and more drinkable out of a glass, you'd be better off with its grand daddy... Coors Original. In fact, I'd say Coors runs rings around this... I don't see why this crap can be found everywhere, but the original is more scarce. That's marketing I guess. This stuff can barely stand in the shadow of Coors, quality-wise (although neither one is that great).

Final note: When they market this beer as "ice cold," they really mean it... if it's not freezing cold, it's not cold enough. Plain and simple. I'm probably sounding like a broken record by now, but take their advertising as a warning and get a freezer ready if you want to try this ASAP, or at least prepare them by leaving them in the refrigerator for several hours before even attempting to open one. Mine wasn't "cold enough" (despite coming right out of the fridge), so I will likely try this one again (straight out of bottles next time to hopefully get a better temperature). If this stuff could just stay cold enough, I can imagine it being a decent drink-from-the-bottle type of session beer. (4,549 characters)

2.35/5  rDev +13%

I won't even bother reviewing. You know what it is.

Hard to even bother considering it. It's just there, on the shelf, and in every bar in America.

Of commercial light beers, it's my second preference with Busch Light being the first. I'll take it any day over Bud Light, but is that really saying much? Not awful, kind of refreshing on a really hot day, but then anything's ok when it's chilled to 33 degrees. I don't even really think of it as beer though. Really it's on the same level as an alcoholic soda, just as ubiquitous at least.

One thing that's always baffled me; it has a faint banana taste to it. What the hell's up with that? (644 characters)

2.21/5  rDev +6.3%

Served to me in a bottle for free while playing a show in a small bar. It was either this, Bud Light, or Miller Golden Draft (I have a strong dislike for the other two).

No appearance review, it was kept in the bottle. The smell was like corn grains, straw, and grass.

Watery, mildly carbonated, grainy grassy taste. Mild skunk and easy to swish down the hatch. Very refreshing but really has nothing to offer.

I would probably never buy this beer unless I had no other choice. I'd take it again for free if there was seriously no other good choices (like in this case).

Many, many better light lagers out there (Grain Belt, Rolling Rock, Bud 55, Michelob Ultra). Avoid. (677 characters)

3.22/5  rDev +54.8%

A- A pale clear golden color, slightly watered down look to it.

S- Watery, yet has a good smell.

T- Metal-ish taste, surprisingly smooth.

M- Watered down.

D- Very easy to drink! This is one of my main choices to drink when I'm just sitting at home.

Notes: They're not the strongest beers, but at the same time if you drink a lot of them you don't have to worry about taping out. A lot of the local stores near here serve them from a 6-Pack, up to a 30-Pack. Prices are some what cheep, so by all means, have at it. (520 characters)

What can I say about old faithful...

In a world of beer pong and tailgates where you'll drink a million beers over the course of 5 hours the Silver Bullet is the true King of Beers. It's never ending ability to provide small doses of alcohol in between good beers when you are getting piss yourself drunk is second to none. A little pricey for what you get, it should cost no more than natural ice but we are slaves to ad costs. Whether it is for a beer bong or a keg cup Coors light is the choice of Champions. Just don't think you are going to be savoring the last drops of this one. (586 characters)

3.54/5  rDev +70.2%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3.5

I thoroughly enjoy this beer. In fact, on the weekends this is among my top 3 choices. Its a very flavorful beer that although may be very overpowering for some enthusiasts because its not a very grainy flavor, it is very enjoyable to drink as a 'fun' beer. The silver bullet can is well done as well. The can is tall and thin which makes it nice to hold and the silver with the mountains gives it a cool and chilled look. (422 characters)

This is really the only other beer I like besides Guinness. Not gonna go into flavor we all know what coors is like. I drank 12 of these at the pay lake by myself without getting drunk. Didn't have a hangover either. I give it a 5 because this is my macro beer of choice. (271 characters)

1.63/5  rDev -21.6%

Ok, this is a beer for parties. Cheap and common, fits well among the rest of the macro brews.

Appearance: Looks very pale, as if it was watered down. Has the carbonation of most club sodas.

Smell: Absolutely repulsive. Has a very overwealming sour smell.

Taste: Well, it's cheap beer, it's taste is far from par. Bitter with an aftertaste that leaves you wanting to chug another to kill the aftertaste. When served very cold, it becomes more bearable with the more alcohol in your body.

Mouthfeel: Very thin, like water. The carbonation is a bit overpowering, but subsides quickly.

Drinkability: There are definately better alternatives for the same price, I would drink if offered to me. (704 characters)

1.4/5  rDev -32.7%

yellow!no head!hardly any smell,and tastes like water!cant beleive how popular this beer is,must be all the people who want to drink beer but dont really like the taste of beer.dont think i would drink this unless it was the only thing available,although i bet you could drink a case without catching a buzz! (308 characters)

2.2/5  rDev +5.8%

This is a true light beer. Pale straw color with no head or lacing. Boring flavor, adjunct taste, and fizzy soda-like carbonation. That being said, it's probably one of the least offensive macrobrew light beers on the market. It definitely overtakes Busch Light in inoffensiveness. If you're looking for a cheap party beer, choose Coors Light.

Not really much else to say about this beer. It's a light adjunct lager, they're all going to taste like crap. The only way one can be better than the other is being less offensive. The less cooked veggie flavor/smell there is, the better. I think the fact that Coors Light employs rice instead of corn (like Busch and Miller products) is the main factor for it's low level of offensive cooke veggie-ness.

Honestly though, if you're looking for a cheap party beer, go buy Pabst Blue Ribbon or the canned watered down version of Schlitz. They're both cheap adjunct lagers, but they're well done cheap adjunct lagers. (962 characters)

1.62/5  rDev -22.1%
look: 1.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Poured from can into a pint glass. The can indicated the beer was only "Cold", not "Super Cold". Pours a very clear light yellow with a head that was white and gone in a hurry. The scent was barely anything. There was a faint grain scent but that's all I got. The taste was faintly of corn and grains and after drinking many craft beers, you hardly notice anything that sticks out. The mouthfeel was very carbonated and light. Overall, this isn't a beer for someone looking for a lot of flavor or fullness, just a little alcohol. (529 characters)

3.65/5  rDev +75.5%

Classic, cheap beer. One of the best party brews. Very drinkable and smooth. Is bitter at times, and is not consistent in its batches. I have multiple times, had skunked beers in the same case as decent coors.

Best way to drink the beer is on tap or keg. Not a beer for those who actually enjoy beer. Best if drank with country music, friends, and a fishing pole. (365 characters)

1.8/5  rDev -13.5%

Appearence- plain see through light yellow with with head.

Smell- just a grassy bland smell. nothing great here.

Taste- water with a shot of beer haha. naw, it is a very light pilsner. but from my point of view its as if you did a yager bomb with a pint of water and a shot glass of beer ha.

MouthFeel- light, no body, slightly crisp, but nothing holds.

Drinkability- eh, its drinkable cuz its so light. like i said earlier its like water.

i always dog my friend for constanly drinking this (i think he likes the moutnains, easily amused dude ha). Not to wax philosophical here, but i tend to think beers like this are popular simply because they are drinkable. one can easily down this without getting full, and if one's intentions are purely to get drunk, i guess this makes sense. but once youve crossed over to the world of craft brew, this one must be left behind and utilized ONLY in the most desperate of situations. (930 characters)

2.01/5  rDev -3.4%

For what it is, it is refreshing, light, and without any negative attributes. I just would not say that it has any stand out ones either. Very light in color, nominal aroma, water/corn-esque flavor, and does not linger long on the pallet. But those mountains sure were blue! (274 characters)

Coors Light from Coors Brewing Company