2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Coors Light - Coors Brewing Company

Coors LightCoors Light

awful

awful

rAvg: 2

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Coors Light Alström Bros
Ratings: 3,361 | Reviews: 1,114 | Show All Ratings:
wordemupg

Alberta (Canada)

2.33/5  rDev +16.5%

355ml can poured into pint glass May25 2010

A a clear very light straw yellow very little color in this one to go along with a fast falling fingers worth of head that left no lace

S maybe a little honey and faint hops

T the flavors not offensive because there's practically no flavor at all

M as thin as a beer can get but it has enough carbonation to give it something

D much like water this is easy too drink but also easy too forget

very little going on here, where ever you are there's better beers to drink

05-25-2010 07:09:21 | More by wordemupg
beertunes

Washington

2.08/5  rDev +4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Finally finishing paying off a bet by reviewing a the crappy beers at a local bar. Poured into pint glass. The color was the typical thin pale yellow of the style. The aroma was totally benign and neutral, nothing noticeable.

The beer had a small grain flavor, otherwise was also bland and benign. The body was typically thin and had decent carbonation. Drinkability was light and easy, but why have more than one?
Widely available, try one. Or don't.

01-03-2011 04:28:32 | More by beertunes
Dogbrick

1.43/5  rDev -28.5%

I guess if you held a gun to my head and made me choose an American Lite, this would be it. I mean if Sam Adams stopped making theirs. I agree that this is a good chick beer.

07-05-2002 08:11:12 | More by Dogbrick
kylehay2004

2.42/5  rDev +21%

Had on tap at the brewery in Golden.

A: slight hazy and straw colored but lighter yellow than original coors.

S: sweet bready notes but much less distinct than original coors. Some malt. No hops.

T: less sweet up front and more of a bitter taste but finishes with the same sweet taste as original coors. Not very good.

M: high carbonation and light body.

Overall: Not as bad as I was expecting. sweet and fairly drinkable.

09-30-2011 13:50:10 | More by kylehay2004
Cyberkedi

Georgia

1.48/5  rDev -26%

Yet another beer I tried at a party, only because it was available and I was curious to find out if it was worth my time. Appearance is typical and not impressive. Aroma is weak and wan. Taste seems rather watered down; I didn't feel as if I was drinking beer. Maybe I've been spoiled by craft brews and imports.

05-08-2007 02:28:46 | More by Cyberkedi
Bitterbill

Wyoming

2.08/5  rDev +4%

24oz can.

Straw gold colour, plenty of foam in the head, lots and lots of bubbles.

Grain, corn in the smell, typical macro of low quality aroma.

Some grain, some sweet malt, very light but not desirable bitterness. Best by Nov 15, 2010. Yeah, best by. Chuckle chuckle.

I thought I had already reviewed this but surprise. Oh well, it's out of the way for now and for all time.

08-11-2010 22:05:58 | More by Bitterbill
largadeer

1.63/5  rDev -18.5%

24 oz can received for free from a friend, couldn't turn down the chance to try this bad boy. Decided to defile my beautiful Moonlight Brewing Co. imperial pint glass with this one. Pours a pale shade of yellow, clear as can be. Despite the enormous amount of carbonation visible in this beer, the head dissipates in about 15 seconds; pretty hilarious. The nose is faintly malty and sweet, a bit chalky as well. Light enough that I can't really describe it better. The taste is similarly bland and watery, faintly sweet for a moment with a bit of cooked corn. The finish is clean as can be, no bitterness whatsoever. Blah. By the way, what the hell is a cold activated can?

12-06-2008 07:04:53 | More by largadeer
twiggamortis420

Mmmm, the silver bullet. A train flailing snow all over the place just rushed through my living room and left scantily clad hotties in it's wake. Nice.

Pours a crystal clear pale yellow color with a brief flash of foam that is gone before I could even take a sniff. No lacing either.

Smell is a husky, grainy light malt with some corn thrown in. A few metallic notes are present. Very faint scent and quite nearly smells like nothing. Not impressive, but it is not foul either.

Taste is equally neutral. It does not give me the gag reflex that bud light and miller light sometimes do. The carbonation is about the most flavorful part of this beer, with a few mild notes of malt and corn. This is not a bad brew for hot summer days at the ballpark or after yardwork. I prefer it over any of the other BMC light beer offerings.

05-03-2009 18:11:55 | More by twiggamortis420
BeerFMAndy

2.6/5  rDev +30%

23oz draft pour into a Hefeweiss glass at Buffalo Wild Wings.

A - Clear super light wheat yellow color. Incredibly deluded looking. Half a finger head that I watched disappear in seconds. Left a small ring.

S - Corn and adjunct smell. Cheap, barely noticeable from the lack of head and ice cold temperature. Yeasty smell when I agitated it.

T - Surprising amount of flavor for a light lager that looks this dull. Not to say the flavor is great by any means; corn, wheat, but crisp and refreshing.

M - Light, crisp, and refreshing. Very watery. Carbonation bite.

D - This is one drinkable light lager. Goes down well and refreshes. A solid lawnmower/session beer.

04-24-2009 03:23:47 | More by BeerFMAndy
RoyalT

2.42/5  rDev +21%

Appearance - This gave off a disappointing head and shown a dim, pissy yellow.

Smell - There's nothing offensive about this grain but really no meat to it at all. Granted this is a LL so is not going to bowl you over with a powerful nose, but I seriously can't smell anything coming out of the glass.

Taste - The flavor was a bit more on the mark. The grain showed a nice spark if maybe a bit on the stale side but overall this was not a bad taste.

Mouthfeel - This was behind the pack. The carbonation was cheap and fizzy like a wine cooler and the thinness of the beer left me wanting. The LLs are of course naturally thin but here the body was like a glass of water.

Sinkability - It has to be pretty damn hot and you gotta be pretty damn thirsty to want to drink twelve ounces of this stuff.

06-05-2010 00:19:52 | More by RoyalT
GarthDanielson

2.14/5  rDev +7%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

Poured from a can into a shaker pint, the beer is a very pale, golden yellow color with no head whatsoever. Aromas of toast and not much else. A little bit of tangy, but really stretching to find even that. Flavors are toasted forward, with a butter and grainy character throughout, and literally nothing more. Very watery body, with a crispness from the extremely high amount of carbonation throughout the body. Very sharp, overly crisp finish, with a grainy aftertaste. Jesus, I don't know how I drank so much of this in college.

12-09-2013 04:23:33 | More by GarthDanielson
ZAP

2.25/5  rDev +12.5%

Decided to revisit this one after hearing about how cold tasting it is...pours a nice clean light golden color wit ha fizzy white 1/4 inch...nose is sweet and fresh actually....actually quite pleasant...almost a candy like sweetness on the nose...body is light...taste is low...almost like water but with a very light but nice little sweetness to it....not as much banana as the Keystone but similar..no real offending characteristics...no real redeeming qualities....the least flavorful of the light beers I have tried but the cleanest tasting too..so clean it is almost like water...

Certainly not for a beer purist but there is a time and place for this beer....for example perhaps after running a marathon on the surface of the sun this little baby might slide down very nicely....or to the lesser extreme after a hard workout at the gym....more water like than beer like but I don't find it horrid..

12-10-2004 05:29:01 | More by ZAP
tone77

2.73/5  rDev +36.5%

Poured from a 12 oz. can. Has a pale straw color with a 1/2 inch head and virtually no carbonation. Smell is of mild corn and malts. Taste is, well, there is none. I guess like beer flavored water. Feels watery in the mouth. O.K. I have to give it to them on drinkability. Great for chugging or drinking games, otherwise avoid.

08-27-2009 22:44:40 | More by tone77
flagmantho

Washington

2.1/5  rDev +5%

Poured from 24oz tall can into a pint glass. The mountains are blue, so you know it's cold!

Appearance: very pale straw color with a clear body and low effervescence. Head poured a finger of frothy white foam but this quickly subsided to nothing. Not a particularly attractive beer.

Smell: mostly inoffensive, lightly plasticy aroma. There's not enough volume here to really get much of anything.

Taste: lightly malty flavor with a bit of a grainy character. There's also a bit of an artificial plastic/metallic bent to the aftertaste. That said, there is definitely actual malt flavor here, which I'm somewhat surprised by. Unfortunately, the overall package still isn't very good.

Mouthfeel: light body with a moderate effervescence. A beer this light needs to be super fizzy, in my opinion, to keep it refreshing and desirable; this beer doesn't have enough of that.

Overall: I dislike this beer less than I thought I might; it's mostly inoffensive, and I would probably grab one of these before a Bud if all I had were a cooler full of macros.

09-07-2012 15:39:02 | More by flagmantho
bark

Sweden

2.05/5  rDev +2.5%

The colour is straw yellow; the finger thick head is compact and white. Some lacing.

The smell is weak: Some malt and hints of yeast.

The taste is mild, too. A little like sparkling mineral water with added flavours of sweet malt and a passing metallic hint. The aftertaste is... hard to find, to be honest.

The carbonation is strong and short. The liquid is thin, almost watery.

Right. I couldn't find any odd slight flavours. On the other hand, there weren't much of any flavours at all here.

10-21-2008 19:06:47 | More by bark
jrallen34

2.28/5  rDev +14%

Its gold cold activated cans, I guess that's pretty neat.

I drank this from a can and bottle.

The beer pours light gold with a white head and very carbonated and no lacing.

It has no distinct smell, just a little skunk.

Compared to the other major us brands this is probably by fav, not saying a lot though. In Colorado its actually slighty better.

08-03-2009 21:40:28 | More by jrallen34
cokes

Wisconsin

Yuck.....had this at a buddy's b-day celebration. Just horrible. Forced to buy my own drink after having one of these.
Fake adjunct-y sweetness. No distinguishable beer traits. Faintly gold water appearance.
Why am I even bothering...mostly just because I am offended for consuming this garbage.

05-21-2002 00:15:25 | More by cokes
champ103

2.48/5  rDev +24%

A: Pours a clear light pale yellowish color. A minimal head and no lace.
S: Grain, cereal, metallic. Almost nothing in the nose.
T: Sweet cereal and grain again. Metallic and a bit of a chemical taste. There is a faint fruity flavor that I have not noticed in other macro lagers.
M/D: Almost no body. Thin and watery. Easy to drink, like drinking water.

Not much reason for me to drink this. I am not try to bash this beer more than need be, but I hardly ever enjoy this.

03-08-2009 17:06:36 | More by champ103
woosterbill

Connecticut

2.4/5  rDev +20%

12oz can (with blue mountains!) into a Duvel tulip - I know, I know, far more than this beer deserves.

A: Well, perhaps I have to blame myself for using my tulip for this, but this is actually pretty good looking (for the style, of course). A brilliant gold body with lively carbonation starts out topped by two inches of surprisingly dense white foam. After a while (much longer than I expected) it settles into a thin cap and ring, with a bit of lace left around the sides. Not bad at all.

S: Ugh. Just ugh. Yuck. Sour, sour, sour. Just the nastiest assault of adjunct crap that you could imagine. No discernible malt or hops, just some gross sour corn. Absolutely one of the worst smelling beers I've ever encountered. Why, God, why?

T: Okay, now this is just water, with maybe a bit of corn juice mixed in. Maybe a bit of yeasty fruit, but absolutely no aftertaste. Very light, smooth, and (dare I say it) cold tasting. I guess when you drink this straight from the can the aroma is a non-issue, and I have to admit that this is a pretty refreshing taste. The sourness of the smell translates into a crispness that works well for such a weak beer.

M: Is there anything thinner than water? If so, then this feels like that. Otherwise, I'd compare the silver bullet to sparkling water with slightly larger bubbles. Not bad for the style, I guess, but in no way pleasing.

D: I really hate to give such a crappy beer any respect at all, but I have to respect the BA system of giving truly separate scores for each attribute. As poor quality as this beer is, it's hard to deny that it's one of the easiest beers in the world to drink (unless you pour it into an oversized tulip glass and have to smell it's unholy stench every time you take a swig). Under normal drinking circumstances, this is about as poundable as it gets.

Notes: I've had more Coors Lights than I care to admit, and it's fun finally to review it. I really think that too many reviewers make up their minds about a beer ahead of time and give low scores across the board, either because they think it's cool to dis an unpopular beer, or maybe because they hate it so much that 1s for aroma and flavor aren't sufficient to give it the minute overall score they think it deserves. I say, give any beer credit where credit is due. As gross as this beer was, it was a great looking brew for its style, and it went down easy. Does that count for nothing? All right, enough ranting.

Cheers!

09-09-2009 03:33:15 | More by woosterbill
johnnnniee

New Hampshire

2.55/5  rDev +27.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

My brother drinks this regularly, despite my efforts to convert him this is still his go to beer.

Pours a pale straw with a thin head. Smells of faint malt and hops. Taste is thin and watery, typical of an american macro. Better than some macro's but still not all that good.

12-14-2007 01:10:21 | More by johnnnniee
drpimento

1.33/5  rDev -33.5%

This is an example of where good things go wrong and where people with lots of money and psychotic political affiliations can really do some crappy stuff. I mean really. I'd be hard pressed to be convinced that they buy nothing but the best mass quantity adjuncts for this not being sold on the spot market. there's got to be some sort of good quality to this, but I have no idea what it'd be.

06-28-2007 03:41:09 | More by drpimento
chinchill

South Carolina

2.45/5  rDev +22.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.25

Pint on tap at Peppino’s Pizza in SC.
Pour is clear, light golden with a very good white head.
This very weak beer needs more ingredients overall, but needs hops in particular as this is overly sweet despite the minimal grain bill. Weak, unattractive aroma.
Still mildly refreshing and certainly not awful ... or flavorful.

04-09-2014 01:55:35 | More by chinchill
francisweizen

Arizona

This is quite possible the worst beer I have ever had the privelage to partake of. This was drunk straight from the can, to save myself from the apperance! This smells like water, with some bad beer falvoring added into the mix, and it tastes the same as it smells! In fact this tastes even worse in cans than it does in bottles! This has no mouthfeel, as it is pure water, and the drinkability is low beacuse it just tastes bad. Why Bother. Hey I am young, and I am in college, but still, just quit smoking, or buy less cds and get some GOOD BEER, don't make your body drink this god awful brew!!!!
good day sirs!
F

04-30-2003 12:54:23 | More by francisweizen
FosterJM

1.95/5  rDev -2.5%

328th review on BA
can to pint
12oz can

Was at a family party tonight and I didnt feel like taking a 750 or a couple twelves with me, so decided to bite the bullet and just not be the beer geek of the family for one night, bad idea, I did however go in the house and get a glass to pour the beer into.

App- Very clear yellow with an actual one finger head. Was suprised it poured so nice out of a can.

Smell- I got really nothing, it didnt smell bad there just wasnt anything to really take it, some regular AAL lightness?

Taste- Its again super cold so no real flavor comes out in the beer. Its hard to rate it higher than this when its just water diluted with some corn product to resemble a beer.

Mouth- Light bodied and high carb. A bit of corn after taste.

Drink- I shouldn't have bitten the bullet. It was just flavorless. No real reason to have one of these other than to say you are drinking a beer. No fullness on the drink, no real flavor.

03-20-2011 06:04:00 | More by FosterJM
spinrsx

Ontario (Canada)

2.23/5  rDev +11.5%

12oz Bottle

Appearance – Clear yellow colour with an average size fizzy white coloured head. There is an above average amount of carbonation showing and there is some fair lacing. The head lasted for around 3 minutes before it was gone.

Smell - Grains, bread, corn

Taste & Mouth - The beer has an average amount of carbonation. I can taste bread mixed with very light hops and some corn. There really isn't a whole lot of taste going on here.. It finishes with a corn syrup slightly sweet aftertaste.

Overall – There beer does have a certain distinct taste that sets it apart from the other light adjunct beers on the market. Not saying that's a good thing.. Anyways, its very light and highly drinkable, but I'll stick with Genny Light as my go to choice in this style category - for camping trips etc.

09-20-2011 13:17:33 | More by spinrsx