1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Coors Light - Coors Brewing Company

Coors LightCoors Light

awful

awful

rAvg: 2

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Coors Light Alström Bros
Ratings: 3,360 | Reviews: 1,114 | Show All Ratings:
sardonic

Manitoba (Canada)

1.8/5  rDev -10%
look: 1.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

Looking back, Coors Light was the first legal beer I ever had, and years before, possibly the first beer I ever had period. It's so watered-down, and I thought that was what beer was supposed to tasted like. Anyway, I don't turn down beer regardless of what it is, so I'll keep drinking this as it is a staple of some of my relatives. The color is a really pale yellow, and I find it tastes best when I'm drinking it and a bottle of water at the same time, so that I can forget it's beer at all and pretend I'm just drinking water. Or mixed with V8 so I can pretend I'm just drinking V8...

06-06-2004 19:12:03 | More by sardonic
FranklinPCombs

BA tells you to always write something critically informative about a beer, so I will start with my thesis and then elaborate on it. Quite simply put, this is the worst beer I've ever tasted. It pours a terribly pale yellow with tons of rapidly receding foam head. The smell was mostly corn, as is the taste, which has so much starchy sweetness from whatever they put in it that it has actually succeeded in being the only beer that triggers my gag reflex. So why did i drink this? Because this is what gets served at house parties where people dont have lots of money and need beer to play some beiruit. Seeing as how this is the only beer that has consistently made me choke every time I drink it, I cannot give it more than a 1 for any single aspect of it. But hey, its cheap...

05-25-2004 23:28:06 | More by FranklinPCombs
joecast

Australia

1.53/5  rDev -23.5%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

color like watered down apple juice with no head at all.
pretty sad aroma as well. some sort of fruit gone bad.
flavor not well balanced. some bitterness at the start that lingers much longer than needed, and finishing with a mouth puckering aftertaste.

05-24-2004 16:14:17 | More by joecast
Gagnonsux

2.7/5  rDev +35%

I fully recognize the fact that Coors Light isn't a great beer, or probably even a good beer, but its still a beer that I really enjoy. I practically grew up drinking Coors Light, and have found it to be a reliable, easy-to-drink kind of beer. The aroma and appearence are fairly less than average, and the taste is even slightly below average. Still, an ice cold Coors Light always goes down easy and has a high level of drinkability. For me Coors Light is the perfect cheap macrobrew to beat the heat in the summer.

05-17-2004 01:48:49 | More by Gagnonsux
brewdlyhooked13

2.38/5  rDev +19%

Appearance - poured into a 'Michelob Specialty' mini-pils glass (from the Sampler Collection)....ooo, classy... :-P Big white soda-pop head disappears as fast as it can into the safe innocuous confines of the pale clear yellow swill below it. Little depth or character. One, count 'em, one strand of bubbles flowing up from the bottom.

Aroma - slightly peppery, rather grainy only for a few seconds after pouring. Then it's just a faintly sweet and grainy smell.

Taste - crisply carbonated, maximum wateriness. Only a bare beer taste here, the most basic diluted grain taste, even the adjunct taste is watered down. Nothing offensive here unless you're offended by nothing, but that's more likely to be a function of unreasonable expectations, right?

Mouthfeel - crisp and bubbly, very thirst quenching. Nothing fancy or developed, but it's adequate for the style.

Drinkability - a standard for the macro crowd, I've had plenty of these pre-BA. I can still enjoy them in the right setting, I just don't as often.

05-05-2004 16:33:18 | More by brewdlyhooked13
cptnjck101

3.2/5  rDev +60%

Coors Light has been getting hammered by fellow advocates and I think it's because we're missing the true reason for this brew. Sure Coors Light is by no stretch of the imagination a "good" beer; but that's not what it's all about. It's not a beer for the middle aged, Guinness drinking connoisseur, this is a beginner beer. A lackluster brew for that high school kid just entering the world of beer. A brew for fifteen year old Johnny who's just a double duece away from getting to second base with Suzie down the street. That's who this beer is for. So while many beers are mediocre and bland, at least the Silver Bullet serves a purpose in being so.

04-26-2004 15:31:37 | More by cptnjck101
Trentonator

Kansas

When I was a child, I remember my mother ocassionally having a "red beer". I don't know if this was strictly a midwest thing, but she would mix equal parts Coors Light and tomato juice. No shit. In my youthful exuberance, I once asked her why she drank the beer with all that tomato juice. Her reply? "Because it makes the beer taste better". And from the mouth of a babe came this wisdom: "Well, if the beer tastes that bad, why don't you drink a better tasting beer?"

So begins my review of this "beer". This beer is awful. Foul. Pure fecal matter. This beer makes bong water seem appealing. I cannot say enough bad things about this awful swill foisted upon the unwashed masses with slick advertising and clever marketing . The pour is nothing but pure disappointment, no head, no lacing, and a smell reminiscent of those circular deodorant things in the pisser. Taste? A mix of Nyquil, rusty pipe water and rotten bananas. Wretched. Ghastly.

Sure, you could drink like 15 of these and not be fazed, but life is really too short to drink bad beer. BAD BEER!!! BAAAD BEER!!!!

The fact that this beer is so popular is irrefutable proof that you should never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers. God save our planet.

04-24-2004 17:41:34 | More by Trentonator
Redrover

1.78/5  rDev -11%

I had this one in Beaumont, TX at Joe's Crabshack. They did not have any really good choices and my co-worker was having one, so I decided to take one for the team. This will be the last time I do that!

Beer poured a very light yellow, it was actually the lightest beer I have ever seen. Large head that looked kind of chemically induced due to the large bubbles. It collapsed quickly.

Beer had only the faintest smell of cooked corn and a hint of cut grass. Really nothing there.

The taste was equally weak. Nothing but a hint of sweetness. Somewhere below a good ginger ale but above warm tap water. The beer could not stand-up to the spicy crawfish I was having.

Mouthfeel is thin. The zippy carbonation is about the best aspect of the beer. Drinkability is easy enough, but for me, I will never subject myself to this beer again.

04-23-2004 21:16:06 | More by Redrover
watermelonman

2.1/5  rDev +5%

This poured to a very light color with a minimal head that went away about as quickly as possible. There was a single half-ring of lace left when I was finished.

The smell is very minimal. There's a tiny amount of flavor in the taste, almost like a strong lager pumped through a crummy water purification system. I can't do a very good job describing the flavors here because they're so subdued that the particulars can't really be sorted out.

It's pretty much water. At least it isn't full of bad flavor, and I can definitely say that I've had worse.

04-19-2004 04:47:21 | More by watermelonman
Joey7F

2.13/5  rDev +6.5%

You know how extreme beer tests our perception of beer? Coors light tests our perception of water. What a terrible, terrible beer. Ironically, I got a 6 pack of Lowenbrau and my friends got a 12 pack of this stuff. They hated Lowenbrau, but loved Coors Light.

Wow! Very watery, no flavor, no smell but very drinkable. Zephyrhills water is also highly drinkable.

--Joey

04-15-2004 04:38:05 | More by Joey7F
DaveGood

This beer can best be used in place of water when they run out of it at a beer festival. It poured a bright yellow with nearly no head at all. The aroma was pretty much non-existant. The taste followed suit and resembled carbonated water more than anything else. If I was suffering from severe dehydration, I still wouldn't have another one of these!

04-08-2004 02:20:46 | More by DaveGood
CrescentFresh

1.13/5  rDev -43.5%

Pours an off-yellow color, similar to a Mountain Dew that has been dirt-filtered. Has a wierd smell. My vocabulary is not dynamic enough to accurately describe this smell.
When swallowed, it feels like an off-flavored water.

Congratulations to the Coors marketing team who, somehow, have convinced America that this is what a beer should taste like.

1 out of 5 swills.

03-17-2004 02:25:18 | More by CrescentFresh
tommy78

1.23/5  rDev -38.5%

I don't understand why this bloody beer remains very popular among the masses of America. Everything you can think that is wrong with beer is in Coors Light. The appearance looks like a urine sample; actually, a urine sample has more colour than a Coors Light. The smell is non-existant. The taste lacks flavor and it is very watery. Finally, you could pound down numerous cans, because it is easy to drink. If you don't want beer poop in the morning, then don't drink Coors Light. Argh!

03-17-2004 00:44:13 | More by tommy78
JoEBoBpr

Missouri

What can i say its the worst beer i've ever had for me its the lowest of the lows and it saddens me for it to be one of the highest selling beers in the country. It pours a pale straw yellow. Tastes like water and some malt. Smells like water (nothing) and overall its just a beer made for college students.

03-08-2004 14:31:34 | More by JoEBoBpr
Zorro

2.1/5  rDev +5%

Pours a clear pale yellow, with lots of carbonation.

Smell is yeasty with a noticeable banana scent, faint grain smell.

Taste is mild grain and yeast with that same faint trace of Banana I smelled. OK but under flavored. Beats Michelob Ultra though.

Mouthfeel is present.

Drinkable, but not good, there really are no good light beers.

03-07-2004 23:43:01 | More by Zorro
travolta

1.83/5  rDev -8.5%

12oz can

Apperance: Baby yellow, no head, or lace. This brew has a worse head than a soda.

Nose: I'll be freakin honest, I can't get anything. i try and try, but I dont get any real scents. Maybe corn?

Taste: It's funny, I just went from a Busch Light to a Coors Light and I can't tell the difference. Maybe a professional could pick out the specific tastes, but i could not. It tastes like pale, sudsy alcohol. Some light liquid corn?

Notes: This whole, "It's good on a hott day" crap is driving me crazy. It's good becaue it's like water, period...it isnt good beer. The guys at Coors are making millions on this junk....what is the world coming to?

03-04-2004 04:30:03 | More by travolta
claytri

Maryland

2.58/5  rDev +29%

A light straw gold beer with a thin white head. A light smell of yeast and malt. The taste is lightly yeasty with some malt and fruitieness. A nice light beer. This is a real standby, while I would rather have a Blue Moon or a Coors, given the option of Bud or something similar a Coors Light will do.

02-28-2004 05:04:56 | More by claytri
beertaster13

Washington

1.98/5  rDev -1%

Coors light is not a bad light beer. It is very drinkable manly because it tastes like water, you can pop alot of these anytime of the day. It is very drinkable. The look of this beer is colorless with hints of yellow, no smell and really no head to speak of. The smell, isn't awful because there isn't really a smell. The taste is like a refreshing water on a hot day but is that what we want in our beer. Taste some hop but not much. Coors Light is not the light beer commercials will have you believe. Pass on this, if you need a light beer try Miller Lite. At least it tastes somewhat like beer.

02-18-2004 02:26:38 | More by beertaster13
counselor

Connecticut

1.83/5  rDev -8.5%

Well, my dad gave me a 30 pack of this, and I am not one to look a gift horse in the mouth. What can I say about this brew that hasn't already been written. I drank from the can, ice cold. I know what this beer looks like, pale, thin yellow with a minute head. Smell is neither enticing, nor offensive, mildly sweet, with no hop aroma. Taste, well theres a reason I drank it ice cold, to dull the taste. It is a macro with adjunct, rice and a tiny bit of amlt flavor, finishes dry, do there must be a hop in there, but not enough to add enjoyment. It is not too too terrible to pound down a few as a quencher because there is nothing there to offend.

02-17-2004 14:09:09 | More by counselor
Reidrover

Oregon

2.05/5  rDev +2.5%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

Ok at long last I took the splash and actually took a can of this from my mom-in law!.
Bad idea to pour this as it looks like urine..and the wispy effect of the "lace" adds to the impression.
smell is virtually non-existent..maybe some sweetness from the malts.
The taste , though while bland and insipid,isnt TOO bad for a light beer....mostly sweet malts..no hop discenable.
way too carbonated in the mouth for my tastes.
I suppose this isnt quite as bad as I expected..if pressed I could drink this at a family BBQ ..just 2 or 3 though.

02-17-2004 03:14:11 | More by Reidrover
theo871

Maine

Words cannot describe my utter dislike for this brew. If this were the only beer available at a party, I would rather not drink. The taste is awful, the appearance is as close to club soda as you can get, the mouthfeel is awfully sour, and drinkability next to impossible. A true macro crap beer.

02-16-2004 05:13:01 | More by theo871
cypressbob

United Kingdom (Northern Ireland)

1.88/5  rDev -6%

This is a 330ml bottle of coors light

Drank from the bottle, however coors light pours with an uninviting look. Colourless and odourless bar the slight malt this beer is extremly dull.

Only drank as a refreshing beer, however in this case, not as refreshing as bud as theres a sickly feeling produced in your stomach upon drinking this.

Far too much carbonation, and too little flavour

02-15-2004 00:12:57 | More by cypressbob
JAL67

2.35/5  rDev +17.5%

Ok...it's a lite beer we all know that. Now for what it is it's just that a watery lite beer that can be thrown down in mass quantities. You don't ave to think about it to drink it. I will say that I did drink this beer alot back in the day and as long as it's ICE COLD it's ok(again for what it is). High drinkability as it has no taste. Now I drink my SA beers. I've matured...in some ways.

Cheers

01-24-2004 04:28:11 | More by JAL67
Buildscharacter

Georgia

1.4/5  rDev -30%

Come on. It's called the Silver Bullet. Any beer that has a nick name, ie. Natty Ice, Silver Bullet can't be good. The one redeeming quality that this beer has is that fact that it has alcohol in it. After downing about 3 good beers this beer is tollerable to keep the night going. That's about all it's good for. Oh, and maybe getting back from some sort of physical event like running or biking, it's good to rehydrate with. Very much like water.

01-07-2004 02:22:42 | More by Buildscharacter
Maestro

2.35/5  rDev +17.5%

This beer was something that I refused in college when I didn't know that much about beer. Today, I won't refuse it, but I won't choose it. Why is that? Well, it is a great example of an American Macro Light Lager. A ton of people love it and drink it daily. It is consistently brewed and always fresh. The beer reeks of corn and the taste is all adjunct as well. But it is clean, smooth and absolutely drinkable. Nothing like the beers that I normally drink but definitely serves a purpose. You can sense a hint of hops from time to time but they are a focus of the beer. Don't seek it out, but accept the fact that it is one of the most popular beers in the country.

01-02-2004 23:51:52 | More by Maestro