Coors Light - Coors Brewing Company

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Coors Light Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,201 | Hads: 4,643
3.11/5  rDev +49.5%

a beer new in my city imported by a mcro brewery Cerveceria Cuauhtemoc, Very light in its flavor, and drinkability low in average, taste and mouthfeel good, its flavor is closer to a anheuser busch beers, without the eagle, coors light is better, its hops aroma is excellent (274 characters)

1.16/5  rDev -44.2%

This is the worst beer ive ever tasted, its like you are drinking water combined with some crappy beer, so go figure. I bought this beer because i thought my girlfriend could like it, as she likes light lagers... but this achieved a new level of crapy taste. She told me that she didnt like it... i tasted and after that i spilled it on the ground...

Dont drink it, its bad.. very bad for you and your loved ones! (417 characters)

1.47/5  rDev -29.3%
look: 1 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

"The Silver Bullet"..what a great marketing concept..it sounds so cool, too bad it's attached to this swill of swills. Honestly, I've never liked this beer. Even when I was chugging Beast and Busch and thought Killian's was a premium beer in college. Strangely, every girl I've ever dated made it their favorite beer, but maybe that says more about them..or me..
I see light yellow with no head at all. Light, grainy smell. A narrow taste, almost sour, that would make me nauseous if it wasn't so weak. Feels almost like a soda in your mouth instead of beer..lots of carbonation and an almost sugary texture.
I would honestly rather drink a Korean beer than this. If I were the Rocky Mountains, I'd sue the pants off Pete Coors for libel. (741 characters)

1.58/5  rDev -24%

Served in a frozen mug. Well, I went to my old home town of Schaller, Iowa to find it is not a beer geek’s paradise. Two bars, wiith only Michelob Light, Busch Light, this, and some Bacardi cooler on tap (and Schell's 1919 Root Beer. Huh?). So I tried this. Pretty much soda water with a bit of sugar and malt flavoring. No taste at all... but that’s better than tasting bad, which I’ve had in a beer, so it doesn’t get the absolute worst review. (450 characters)

1.75/5  rDev -15.9%

Cheap beer, Coors Light be thy name.

Picked on up at my girlfriend's who had leftovers after a party. All I can say is I wish I was already drunk while drinking this.

I wouldn't say the taste is awful, but only because I've had Old Mil and Milwaukee's Best and nothing is worse than those. It's a little sour with almost a faux-malt taste and a touch of alcohol.

Nothing extraordinary or bad about the mouthfeel. Coors Light simply is.

Overall, it could be worse. I'd never pay for this, but as this can was free, what the hell.

I think my girlfriend puts it best, "MMmmmm, piss in a can. Gotta love it." (619 characters)

2.72/5  rDev +30.8%

Okay, Okay, this isn't the best beer in the world, but let's just go back and take a look at a fairly common cheap beer.

Pours a very pale straw color. A nice head while pouring, but it subsides immediately. The smell is really faint, and there's not much there. The taste is pretty bland. Can't taste very much hops or malt, only the faint trace of alcohol. Tastes a lot like how club soda would taste after eating a bunch of bread. The mouthfeel is bland as well. Too much carbonation. As a general beverage, this isn't so bad. A nice cold one is alright, and it's light enough so that I can really quench my thirst on this if it were a hot day. As beer, however, this is fairly disappointing. (698 characters)

2.68/5  rDev +28.8%

First of all, I'm not sure why everyone bashes this beer. We all know this isn't gourmet craft brew, it is what it is...an american light beer. Although I'm new to the beer game, I found my tastes gravitate towards the heavier beer. But lets be honest here, when you're done golfing (or done doing anything else outdoors) in the the Florida heat, that bottle of heavy craft brew just doesn't cut it. Enter the Silver Bullet....
pours a medium yellow with a puffy head that has disappeared by the time you throw the bottle away. The smell is the same as everyother beer I've smelled in this class. The mouth feel is light with high carbination, in fact if not for the high carbanation, everyone would be able to chug this. As it is it's still almost to easy to drink. The taste is so-so but tolerable. Another important reason I picked this beer is because of the availability of it. When I go to a bar before, during, or after a FSU game, I know I'll be able to find it...usually on tap which is my prefered method of consumption. I can't say the same for sam Adams light (my favorite) or rock green light or yuengling light (my next choices.)
I imagine once winter returns, the light beers will go the way of the Dinosaur. (1,226 characters)

12 oz bottle. Poured with a big white fizzy head. I turned my back to throw away the bottle and it was gone. Very pale straw yellow and crystal clear. Very light grainy aroma and taste. The No sweetnes. No bitterness. Water thin. Livly carbonation. By far the worst of the major American Light beers. (300 characters)

1.92/5  rDev -7.7%

Pale straw color with fine, active carbonation and very little head. Smelled of ho-hum grains with a bit of nondescript, non-sequitur fruit. Taste is similarly one of plain grain with some metallic notes but, thankfully, a bit of hop bitterness. A strangely unsatisfying mouthfeel that didn't quench my thirst, which is all I was hoping for at a baseball game on a horribly humid night. The best I can say is that it's not any worse than I expected. (449 characters)

2.15/5  rDev +3.4%

I drank this stuff a lot in college. Nothing special by any means. Poured out to a yellow color with lots of carbonation. Not much of an odor, but watery hops and malt were noted. Flavor was of the typical macro light lager, slightly more palatable thought in my opinion. I'd drink it if it was free, but I don't see myself buying this again unless I really wanna relive my college days. (387 characters)

2.97/5  rDev +42.8%

Pours very light. No head to speak of. Average light beer. Nothing great. Flavor is a bit sweet,but light. Mouthfeel is a bit fizzy,but ok. Goes down pretty easy on a warm summers day. Would'nt run out and buy a 12 pack though. I think Miller Lite is a better beer for the money. (279 characters)

2.88/5  rDev +38.5%

Considering what this is, it's really not bad. To me, it doesn't taste bad for a light beer, and it seems to have more flavor than the Bud and Miller versions. There certainly are higher quality beers out there, but when you're buying a few cases for a cookout or some other type of get-together, that better stuff can get cost-prohibitive. Like other folks I know, I save the costly micros for more intimate gatherings. Coors Light on the other hand appeals to the masses, it has a decent buzz factor, it's relatively inexpensive, and for what it is, it could taste a hell of a lot worse. (589 characters)

1.78/5  rDev -14.4%

<Qualifier> Had this at our church picnic. Only thing they had was BMC’s , and the Coors lite was $2 per 16 oz plastic bottle, versus $2 for a 12oz BM product. Quantity over quality!! And thanks be, this stuff was as weak and pathetic as a drunk on his fourth 40oz malt bomber. NO aroma, taste, or feel to it.

As the label states: Insulating plastic bottle – Keeps beer colder longer”. Well sure, over pouring into your hands. This stuff is just like drinkin’ water, but it was for a good cause!! (510 characters)

The silver bullet sucks, I can not see why people by this beer. Its watery, and I taste aluminum even in bottles. It just doesnt have much taste, and the taste it does have is bad. I would drink it if its free. I don't know why crappy beer is so popular. (254 characters)

1.55/5  rDev -25.5%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.5

A very light yellow colouration, from the tap. Colouration is fairly nice, but the lack of head and lacing taking effect so quickly does not make me think very highly of this beer.

The smell is too light to notice, almost as if its like drinking water. Adn the taste is all hops (Cascade and Czech) and thats its. Fermentation was taken all the way through, like it should have been.

Fairly eays to drink, if it weren't for the lack of taste, and thickness. Almost like drinking water or a really bad wort. (Those of you that homebrew know what I am talking about). (571 characters)

2.31/5  rDev +11.1%

I had this on tap at a company outing.

Taps an incredibly light colored yellow with a one finger head of white foam. Carbonaton evident. Head drops to a ring around the glass in about 2 minutes. No lacing.

All I can really smell is a kind of chalky cooked veggies. No discernable hop aroma. Very light pilsner malt smell in the background as it warms. DMS smell also increases as it warms.

Flavor is a light cooked veggy taste, very smooth and, I must be objective, not too bad at all. A kind of thin sweetness, minute hop bittering detectable. No hop flavor. Aftertaste is almost non-existant. For style, this must be one of the best out there..

Mouthfeel is smooth, but very thin. A soft carbonation across the tongue makes this feel ok. Finish is sort of sweet.

This is definitely not my thing; it has almost no smell or taste. However, if that is what you're seeking, this would be drinkable. It is a beer made to style. (939 characters)

1.3/5  rDev -37.5%

Good God is this a beer...they should rename this crap
I'm not one to hack on macro's as you'll see by my reviews of budweiser and stella...some macro's can at least hit a demo'....budwieser is good session beer but this is crap trying to be something its not...the flavor that comes out is wheat/burnt seeds/and massive forced carbonation. not for me at any time. (365 characters)

1.88/5  rDev -9.6%

No one really cares about a Coors Light review. However, where I drank this was worth mentioning. If you get the chance to go to Memphis, make sure you hit Beale street. Though the beer selections are slim, you can buy BIG ASS BEERS of BMC for a few bucks, drink them as you stroll along the street, and enjoy some Memphis jazz. It was hot and I was thirsty, what the heck, I had a great time. The last few ounces were tough to finish, however. (444 characters)

2.2/5  rDev +5.8%

pourde a very pale yellow color with large head that rapidly fell to nothing. Smell is almost non-existant, with a faint sweetness. Tste is almost like water with no hop or malt taste noticeable. Mouthfeel is wet and thirst quenching. Good spacer beer, but not for much else. (275 characters)

2.65/5  rDev +27.4%

Appearance is like Evian with a drop of yellow. No head. No lacing. The aroma contains a skunky sulfur scent that is not promising. It smells like someone showed it a picture of a hop blossom. This is one watery “beer” – the taste is sweet, with a hint of banana and malt, some hops, citrus and grain. I would have expected that the flavor would have made up for the lack of alcohol, but BOY was I wrong. (407 characters)

1.63/5  rDev -21.6%

Ok, this is a beer for parties. Cheap and common, fits well among the rest of the macro brews.

Appearance: Looks very pale, as if it was watered down. Has the carbonation of most club sodas.

Smell: Absolutely repulsive. Has a very overwealming sour smell.

Taste: Well, it's cheap beer, it's taste is far from par. Bitter with an aftertaste that leaves you wanting to chug another to kill the aftertaste. When served very cold, it becomes more bearable with the more alcohol in your body.

Mouthfeel: Very thin, like water. The carbonation is a bit overpowering, but subsides quickly.

Drinkability: There are definately better alternatives for the same price, I would drink if offered to me. (704 characters)

2.8/5  rDev +34.6%

As far as light American macrobrew beers go, I would rate this near the top. I am comparing it to Bud Light or Miller Light. This beer pours the same light yellow color with no head and has the same grain scent. The taste is slightly bolder, and more refreshing in my opinion. Leave a better aftertaste. (303 characters)

2.62/5  rDev +26%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

I'm not going to bash this simply because it's a heavily marketed macrobrew.

Overall, the color seems rather pale, almost watery. The smell somewhat cooked. Overall, the taste is very watery at first -- leaving a nondescript, somewhat cooked grain aftertaste. The mouthfeel is similar to soda -- very bubbly. The head? Geez, don't remember it -- disappeared that fast.

Drinkability? I tried an 8 ounce can of this stuff -- which isn't exactly the best form of packaging to sample beer from -- but I have to tell you that based on my experience this stuff packs quite a punch. I really don't understand what's going on here. I enjoy beers like Anderson Valley's Barney Flats Oatmeal Stout -- and it doesn't affect me nearly as much as this stuff does. I felt sort of buzzed -- then got very tired afterwards in addition to getting a slight headache. Maybe the carbonation level is so high that it drives whatever alcohol is in here directly into your bloodstream -- like champagne does.

Again, I'm trying to be objective here -- but this corn flavored soda pop seems like some kind of fortified "Night Train" designed to get mulletheads bombed before they pile into their 4 x 4 pickups and Trans Ams. Blech. (1,215 characters)

2.88/5  rDev +38.5%

Pours a very light gold color, with a head that has evaporated before I finished writing this sentance. Almost no smell to speak of. On the other hand, it has a high drinkablilty, but this is probably due to its low alcohol content. The taste of the rockies is actually rather bland and ordinary. (296 characters)

2.81/5  rDev +35.1%

This is a rather bland beer that i am having a hard time reviewing. I think that this should suffice...
Sweet floral and grainy aromas. Vibrant and very clean with a hint of dry, pale malt and a brisk and refreshing finish where a hint of hop bitters and dry, grainy character emerge. However taste is rather bland and lingures in my mouth all night making me burp on end. (373 characters)

Coors Light from Coors Brewing Company