Coors Light - Coors Brewing Company

Coors Brewing Company visit their website
Colorado, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-07-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Coors Light Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,201 | Hads: 4,643
2.51/5  rDev +20.7%

Pours out a pale straw color tons of carbonation.Has that shit smell that i cant stand coors light for {actually smells like puke}.Taste is pretty pale no actual ingredient i can taste,but,not horrible.I can drink a couple of these and not be disgusted.No mouthfeel. if its at a party or if its free , F it ,ill drink it. (321 characters)

1.97/5  rDev -5.3%

Eye Candy: Watery yellow. Lines of rising carbonation. Thin and uninviting.

The Nose Knows: Slight veggie smell, a touch of sugar, no off odors detected.

Tongueland: Slight cooked veggie, minimally metallic, mostly sweet.

Bender: As majors go, this one is not offensive, I see how the ladies like it. (309 characters)

1.38/5  rDev -33.7%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

It poured a pale yellow color with a head that faded from existance quickly. I cant really smell anything, maybe... some malt? It could just be left overs from the beer I had before. The taste... well, was not too impressive. The flavor was just not there, it was quite bland, to say the least. I have ho idea how Coors sells so much of this stuff. (348 characters)

2.3/5  rDev +10.6%

Decided to revisit this one after hearing about how cold tasting it is...pours a nice clean light golden color wit ha fizzy white 1/4 inch...nose is sweet and fresh actually....actually quite pleasant...almost a candy like sweetness on the nose...body is light...taste is low...almost like water but with a very light but nice little sweetness to it....not as much banana as the Keystone but similar..no real offending characteristics...no real redeeming qualities....the least flavorful of the light beers I have tried but the cleanest tasting too..so clean it is almost like water...

Certainly not for a beer purist but there is a time and place for this beer....for example perhaps after running a marathon on the surface of the sun this little baby might slide down very nicely....or to the lesser extreme after a hard workout at the gym....more water like than beer like but I don't find it horrid.. (905 characters)

2.1/5  rDev +1%

Pale straw with a low white head that evaporates... Little to no aroma and what is there is definitely cooked-corn. Little to no taste and what is there is definitely cooked-corn. Very light bodied and watery...

Not near as bad as I remembered (there was a time when the aroma of the Silver Bullet made me ill) bit still my least favorite of the 3 light macros...

Per can: 102 cal, 5.0g Carb, 0.7g Prot, 0 fat.

Per Coors website: Gold 1998 GABF - American-style light lager. HOW?!?!

Jan08 Lasered on bottom of can (pull date per Coors website - it is supposed to be a Sunday ... either beer is a few years old or good until 2006 ?!?)
Tasted: 12/02/04 (663 characters)

1.35/5  rDev -35.1%

Well I am surprised that I have not posed a review of Coors Light before but I guess I am bored tonight. Had a few today while out at a dive bar with some friends watching the Dolphins/49’rs game. Bad beer, bad game! Brew pours to a very pale yellow clear color with a good sized white head that just disappears leaving no lacing. The aroma is bland, nothing exciting going on here. Basic malt aroma that is hard to notice, hop aroma . . . yeah right! The taste is very bland as well and what flavor it does have is not overly enjoyable. Beyond that, there is not much else to write about on this beer. (603 characters)

1.53/5  rDev -26.4%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Brewed in Canada under license of Coors by Molson. Have a couple friends who only drink this, so when you go to their house this is the only option. Pale, watered down yellow color. Very little carbonation left after the pour. The smell that comes off of this is very sour. Little or no flavor, other than a metalic aftertaste and more grainy sourness. What else can you say? Another mass produced product with a huge marketing budget. Best served ice cold. Can't see myself spending money on this watered down beer. (516 characters)

2.66/5  rDev +27.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3

The Silver Bullet...

Appearance: Surprisingly good, I had a decent amount of foam with some good lace and the color was a nice gold, surprising.

Smell: You can already smell the metallic coming through, not good but actually not terrible either, I've smelled worse.

Taste: Light, smooth but metallicy. Drinkable but sweet and goes down really fast which is good or bad depending on the type of drinker I guess. I wasn't that impressed.

Mouthfeel: Again sweet and fast but actually smooth, not too bad.

Drinkability: Christ you can have twenty in an hour, great for those just looking for that, but as they say, why bother?

Overall: Not too bad for what it is, easily drinkable, inexpensive, surprisingly solid. Nothing more than that. (752 characters)

2.13/5  rDev +2.4%

Appearance: Pours a clear straw-yellow. Moderate white head with not much as far as lacing goes.

Smell: Can't pick up much of anything. A faint smell of hops and a hint of sweetness.

Taste: Not much to say, really. Very mild, light taste.

Mouthfeel: Light, smooth, and watery.

Drinkability: You could drink a case of this stuff, with little to no effort. It's essentially flavored water & alcohol. (409 characters)

1.3/5  rDev -37.5%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

"The Coldest Tasting Beer in the World"? How can something taste cold? Cold isn't a flavor it's a sensation, a lack of heat. if you drink this stuff warm it doens't taste cold, it tastes like hot piss.
The head and nose are non-existent, the taste is corn, water and aluminum can, and the mouthful is that of tonic water. Usually something this thin is at least easy to drink, but this stuff tastes horrible and is way to carbonated to even slam down.
The next time I'm at a party and this is the only thing being served, I will VOLUNTEER to be the designated driver. (570 characters)

1.15/5  rDev -44.7%

tap the sewers? yuck this was bad. how can you mix a watery and a skunky taste? coors did it. like out of date water, thats been taken from the sewers of new york.worse than bud light because bud light tastes like bottled water, i would rather have bottled water than sewer water, (280 characters)

1.1/5  rDev -47.1%

I remember slamming these down can after can. Then ending up back at the store for more. Boy, we were stupid back in those days
How much money wasted has never been totaled up thats for sure.
This starter beer is for beginners moving up from water.
I cannot go into flavor profiles for there is none!
If forced to drink make sure its ICE COLD, for as soon as it warms a little, The real taste comes out..OUCH...dishsoap.
For the beginner I would at least recommend BUD. (475 characters)

1.58/5  rDev -24%

Alas, instead of ending up at friend's Belgian sampling I ended up at another friend's backyard "BrewHa" And what was the beer de jour? Coors Light... It poured pale golden, with a 1cm head that faded but lasted until I had put the beer down after carrying it around for quite some time! The aroma was faint malt. It tasted - well - like diluted beer. It wasn't skunked, wasn't bitter, did have a pleasant carbonated feel on the palate...It just didn't have enough flavor to make me want to drink more. What happened to the barley and hops that were supposed to be there?

Thirst quenching? Stick to water. (609 characters)

2.06/5  rDev -1%

Once every 4 or 5 years, I revisit beers I’ve previously sampled if their still around, most just confirm why I don’t drink them on a more regular basis, but I think all beer deserves an honest and objective review whether they are perceived “Good, Bad or Indifferent".

Last Review: 09/07/2000
The beer pours from the 12-ounce brown bottle a luminous gold color with the head modest in size and white in color, the texture frothy, with the residual lace a thin sheet to conceal the glass. Nose is sweet malt, crisp and clean with the start lightly sweet and the top thin in feel. Finish is perky in acidity, the hops apropos to the style, dry aftertaste, what can you say it is what it is, not a bad beer, just mass produce at the lowest cost possible. (759 characters)

1.45/5  rDev -30.3%

Well, the other night I was drinking with a few of my less-enlightened friend. I had a few bombers of my favorite, Stone IPA, but my brother had foolishly set the refridgerator so low that the beer somewhat froze. As I waited for over an hour for the beer to completely liquify, I grew impatient and asked my buddy Sean for a beer. It was a choice of either Coors Light or Bud Light, and I, of course, took the Coors Light. I opened the can, and the light, airy smell drifted towards my nose. As I detected the scent, I asked myself one question: Why, God, why would anyone brew, much less DRINK, this beer!? I don't quite know what it tasted like, because there was so little to taste. The thing was horribly pale in color, and smelled just how it tasted: with less malt than one would find in chocolate milk shake. Are there even hops in there? I couldn't find 'em. It did manage a mighty 2 in the mouthfeel category, because of its cool smoothness combined with a mild amount of carbonation. The drinkability is non-existent, as the beer made me nauseous. Thankfully, my first bomber of IPA was ready for consumption 15 minutes later, and my palate was saved. (1,162 characters)

1.97/5  rDev -5.3%

This is the whitest, least flavorful beer that I have ever drank. Now, that can be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on who you ask.

At high school parties this was what was bought--because high school kids (especially the girls) don't like the taste of beer. It goes down with almost no taste and is very, very smooth. Light carbonation.

I can't give this a "1" for taste, though, because it really doesn't taste bad. I must reiterate: it seriously tastes like nothing. Instead it gets a 1.5.

Anyhow, if you're looking to lure children into your basement, then this is the beer for you. Completely inoffensive, and smooth as silk. (645 characters)

2.95/5  rDev +41.8%

This was my beer of choice in my college days, mainly for the price and because it was better than the ones that we had available that were even cheaper. It was a good balance of cost vs. quality in those days. Plus, this was before so many micros came on the market, so the choices were less.

When I had this today I noticed that it was a slightly darker yellow than what I remembered, not as watery as I had expected it to look. The head was quite short, though.

The aroma was slightly sweet, no hops to speak of.

The taste was a bland watery malt taste. About what I remembered, which is why I could chug these down so easily back then.

Not a bad beer for the price. Not a good beer for the price, either, though. (728 characters)

1.84/5  rDev -11.5%
look: 1.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

Looking back, Coors Light was the first legal beer I ever had, and years before, possibly the first beer I ever had period. It's so watered-down, and I thought that was what beer was supposed to tasted like. Anyway, I don't turn down beer regardless of what it is, so I'll keep drinking this as it is a staple of some of my relatives. The color is a really pale yellow, and I find it tastes best when I'm drinking it and a bottle of water at the same time, so that I can forget it's beer at all and pretend I'm just drinking water. Or mixed with V8 so I can pretend I'm just drinking V8... (589 characters)

BA tells you to always write something critically informative about a beer, so I will start with my thesis and then elaborate on it. Quite simply put, this is the worst beer I've ever tasted. It pours a terribly pale yellow with tons of rapidly receding foam head. The smell was mostly corn, as is the taste, which has so much starchy sweetness from whatever they put in it that it has actually succeeded in being the only beer that triggers my gag reflex. So why did i drink this? Because this is what gets served at house parties where people dont have lots of money and need beer to play some beiruit. Seeing as how this is the only beer that has consistently made me choke every time I drink it, I cannot give it more than a 1 for any single aspect of it. But hey, its cheap... (781 characters)

1.53/5  rDev -26.4%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

color like watered down apple juice with no head at all.
pretty sad aroma as well. some sort of fruit gone bad.
flavor not well balanced. some bitterness at the start that lingers much longer than needed, and finishing with a mouth puckering aftertaste. (255 characters)

2.65/5  rDev +27.4%

I fully recognize the fact that Coors Light isn't a great beer, or probably even a good beer, but its still a beer that I really enjoy. I practically grew up drinking Coors Light, and have found it to be a reliable, easy-to-drink kind of beer. The aroma and appearence are fairly less than average, and the taste is even slightly below average. Still, an ice cold Coors Light always goes down easy and has a high level of drinkability. For me Coors Light is the perfect cheap macrobrew to beat the heat in the summer. (517 characters)

2.37/5  rDev +13.9%

Appearance - poured into a 'Michelob Specialty' mini-pils glass (from the Sampler Collection)....ooo, classy... :-P Big white soda-pop head disappears as fast as it can into the safe innocuous confines of the pale clear yellow swill below it. Little depth or character. One, count 'em, one strand of bubbles flowing up from the bottom.

Aroma - slightly peppery, rather grainy only for a few seconds after pouring. Then it's just a faintly sweet and grainy smell.

Taste - crisply carbonated, maximum wateriness. Only a bare beer taste here, the most basic diluted grain taste, even the adjunct taste is watered down. Nothing offensive here unless you're offended by nothing, but that's more likely to be a function of unreasonable expectations, right?

Mouthfeel - crisp and bubbly, very thirst quenching. Nothing fancy or developed, but it's adequate for the style.

Drinkability - a standard for the macro crowd, I've had plenty of these pre-BA. I can still enjoy them in the right setting, I just don't as often. (1,024 characters)

3.2/5  rDev +53.8%

Coors Light has been getting hammered by fellow advocates and I think it's because we're missing the true reason for this brew. Sure Coors Light is by no stretch of the imagination a "good" beer; but that's not what it's all about. It's not a beer for the middle aged, Guinness drinking connoisseur, this is a beginner beer. A lackluster brew for that high school kid just entering the world of beer. A brew for fifteen year old Johnny who's just a double duece away from getting to second base with Suzie down the street. That's who this beer is for. So while many beers are mediocre and bland, at least the Silver Bullet serves a purpose in being so. (652 characters)

When I was a child, I remember my mother ocassionally having a "red beer". I don't know if this was strictly a midwest thing, but she would mix equal parts Coors Light and tomato juice. No shit. In my youthful exuberance, I once asked her why she drank the beer with all that tomato juice. Her reply? "Because it makes the beer taste better". And from the mouth of a babe came this wisdom: "Well, if the beer tastes that bad, why don't you drink a better tasting beer?"

So begins my review of this "beer". This beer is awful. Foul. Pure fecal matter. This beer makes bong water seem appealing. I cannot say enough bad things about this awful swill foisted upon the unwashed masses with slick advertising and clever marketing . The pour is nothing but pure disappointment, no head, no lacing, and a smell reminiscent of those circular deodorant things in the pisser. Taste? A mix of Nyquil, rusty pipe water and rotten bananas. Wretched. Ghastly.

Sure, you could drink like 15 of these and not be fazed, but life is really too short to drink bad beer. BAD BEER!!! BAAAD BEER!!!!

The fact that this beer is so popular is irrefutable proof that you should never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers. God save our planet. (1,250 characters)

1.78/5  rDev -14.4%

I had this one in Beaumont, TX at Joe's Crabshack. They did not have any really good choices and my co-worker was having one, so I decided to take one for the team. This will be the last time I do that!

Beer poured a very light yellow, it was actually the lightest beer I have ever seen. Large head that looked kind of chemically induced due to the large bubbles. It collapsed quickly.

Beer had only the faintest smell of cooked corn and a hint of cut grass. Really nothing there.

The taste was equally weak. Nothing but a hint of sweetness. Somewhere below a good ginger ale but above warm tap water. The beer could not stand-up to the spicy crawfish I was having.

Mouthfeel is thin. The zippy carbonation is about the best aspect of the beer. Drinkability is easy enough, but for me, I will never subject myself to this beer again. (837 characters)

Coors Light from Coors Brewing Company